Body of Burned Teenager Identified

Full story: WXIA Atlanta

The body of a teenager who was found burned alongside a rural road in Clayton County earlier this month in Jonesboro was identified as Jennifer Lee Chambers, 17, of Jonesboro.
Comments
381 - 400 of 416 Comments Last updated Jun 20, 2014
sherry H

Hazel Green, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

A year a very long hard and emotional year for Jennifers family .
I just finished posting in a myspace blog for another young lady who lost her life very simular to the way Jennifer did.Her name is ANKE and it has been several years sence she was taken away from her family so horribly.if the name ANKE rings a bell please let me know.This young girls mother is left with so many ?'s just like Jennifers mother.It may be a pointless shot in the air but its a shot worth takeing if there is one person who knows this name.ANKE...not your everyday name.
Jennifers family has gone through so much already.I hope pray they dont go years and years without knowing if this person is still walking the streets.We all know who did it.What we dont know is why he is still walking and breathing.
Rumors have it he caught aids from Jennifer.I never thaught id hear myself say these words but good for her.It is Jennifers way of getting to him before he got to her and he deserves it for being allowed to walk the streets free .I hope he sees Jennifers face as she screamed for help or faught back in hopes of saveing her life.
It really pisses me off that people are so heartless and less than human when it comes to takeing anothers life.Jennifer had so much left to contribute to this world and she deserved better.She tried so hard to be happy with the cards she was dealt in life.If anything at all maybe this will help turn another young girls {you know who you are} around.Can you imagine your family going through this twice?I hope for your mothers sake this whole thing has taught you something and thats to stop leading a life filled with shame ..if anything you need to walk a straight line for Jennifer.Stop being so selfish and make your wrongs right.
After writing in Rias blog about ANKE I am more pissed about the way people can just throw thier self respect out the window and give not an ounce of care to others they are involved with.Parents,KIDS friends ...everyone suffers from a horrible crime like this and its way to sad to see that some people just dont care or change.
Sherry H
Memeandme

Forest Park, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

I don't know this girl, but I just want to comment. First of all, what a terrible thing to happen to a child. May she rest in peace. As for the comment "why in the **** didn't you do something", you can't help someone that doesn't want to be helped.
Det S Rotella

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Greetings to the friends and family of Jennifer. Just a quick note to let all of tho's concerned that this case has never gone cold, I have never quit on this and plan to bring closer to all of you very soon. The time everyone has taken to give leads and send support to the family has been the energy that has kept this case alive. I thank you all. I hope to post more news soon.
Thank you all again
Det. S Rotella
lee

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

I live off the road that Jennifer was found, about a quarter mile away. How tragic, and I have to pass that spot every day. RIP.
Sherry H

Hazel Green, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

Det. Rotella...
I cant express enouph how deeply thankful Jennifer and her family must be.I know for myself being so far and away from the news on the case I turn here for any updates.
Thank you and everyone involved for keeping Jennifers Name ALIVE and not giveing up just because you run into a road bock in the case.I wish many more people had you on their sides like Jennifer because so often investigators just close a case and the questions and memories just die off leave the families to mourn even the more.
God Bless You and Jennifers family.And as always keep going and know Jennifer is leading you.
Sherry H.
someone who cares

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2008

jenny wrote:
<quoted text> i know you arr hurt right now but the truth is the truth ! your whole family has a bad reputation and you have very few friends.and by the way??? i did try to help jennifer but she had already had that wild hair- i am her step mother so you cant tell me nothing about that family ! i am just sorry for j ennifer , not for you...okaaaaaaaaaaaay?
okay if your really married to jennifer's father then your the bitch who allowed her father to molest her,so tell your damn story straight or don't tell it at all.you helped jennifer how
Sherry H

Hazel Green, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

yep thats what we need ,more trash throwing ....the fact that Jennifers killer still goes FREE doesnt mean a damn thing i guess.Instead of wasting negative energy...focus on the positive and the fact that everyday this cruel sick sob faces his day in court.
I dont understand why all the name throwing and accusing is still going on.People are all different ,they handle things in their own way and who are we to judge them.Did this person kill Jennifer?...nope...focus on the one who did so we can see him rot his ass in jail until the day he freqin dies.
dazunae

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

ALL OF YOU PEOPLE SEND ME A COMMENT IF SOMEONE DIED IN YOUR FAMILY AND TELL ME YOUR FELLINGS!!!!!!!!!!
dazunae

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

krystal wrote:
im here!! i just have to wait till i go to school to write in this . thank you for the idea!!! ill do it as soon as i can, which will be soon. thanks!!!
WHAT ARE YOU SAYING AND WHAT IS YOU TALKING ABOUT SHCOOL!!!!!!!!!!
Sherry H

Hazel Green, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Happy New YEAR JENNIFER....you are missed more and more everyday...some who knew you and some who never did...some who only know of you because of this hateful and devilish crime that has made you a victom and took you farther than any man should have the power to take you.
I hope your up there haveing a blast...after all you have been put through you deserve the party of your life whereever you may be.
R.I.P
Sherry H

Hazel Green, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2009

Here we are and it's almost March...I sure hope something new has turned up in this case.
Makes my heart ache everytime I think about it.Jennifer is so missed and always thaught of.I think if she were here she would be lauphing at us all lol.I have to believe that because of the pain and sorrow her death has caused us all.I mean when someone so young dies...it just eats at you everyday until the one who did it is caught and braught to justice.How can HE sleep at night knowing what he has done to another human life.?@#
I hope Jennifers family is doing well,and I certainly hope they still have faith in det.Rotella and most of all GOD!! They will bring you a closure in due time.I wish it were yesturday but miracles work in strange ways.
R.I.P Jennifer.I still think of you..and you will never be forgoten.
Sherry
rebecca

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2009

if anyone still gets on here to read or check posts, i would like for you to know that i am so sorry for your loss of such a young girl. my sister is ruby's friend, and she kinda gave me a layout of her family, and i feel terrible that anyone would have to go through what jennifer went through. All i have to say is that she is far better off with her maker than she is here with the drugs and prostitution and many other things im sure she had to undergo.
I would also like to apologize to the family that cared about jennifers death (from on here, it looked like a minimal amount of family was concerned with her death, while others spent all their time bashing people and bickering and calling each other names).
please know that there are those of us who care..

also, it has been almost 2 years since jennifers death. has anyone heard any updates or found out anything about who committed the murder?
my deepest regards....
rebecca
lacy stinchcomb

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2009

its been almost 2 yrs since my friend Jenna was murdered. im still sad that no one knows what happend to the person who killed her. why do people do stupid shit? i miss the hell out of Jenna and i read the things she wrote me when we were in Devereux together often. We all love and miss you Jenna. love always Lacy
Just_me

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Well I dont know about Jennifers family, ifn they were on drugs or whatever and dont care. I was in a facility with her for a year, its crazy cause it seems like just yesterday she was being discharged, the honest truth is i never really liked jennifer, we had problems with rival gangs in jail, and her unwanted closeness to my girlfriend, but noone deserves that to happen to them no matter how many mistakes they made in life, I do know that Jennifer was molested, she was in a sexual truama group in the facility that we we were at, it is also true that she was ATLEAST Hiv positive the (not so confidential) staff at the treatmeant facilty would warn us about her, specially to some of the sexually active clients. and I do understand the comment made that someone would be pissed if they found out she gave them aids, after all she did in a way kill them if she knew and did not tell the person. However that dosnt give them the right to take matters into their own hands and beat her, this whole thing is crazy to me because I remeber sighning her discharge book, right now I have a compisition book with her handwriting in it..granted its vulgar but she did write it, I also wish she could have told me she was prostituting however much we didnt get along I would have helped her having prostituted myself, everyone out there whos putting her down for her profession has no idea what its like to be at the end of you means nowhere to go and the only thing you have is something between your legs, and everytime you do it like you die over and over again, jennifer didt deserve to be murdered but atleast she is in a better place. and DFACS is no help the whole system is set up for foster kids to fail, and fill our jail systems as long as i was in this facility i recieved no help as far as school went and neither did jennifer, people dont realizze that sometimes someone dropping out of school is not their fault, Jennier wasnt given this oppertunity while she was in the facility, as far as I know about the case both stories are quite possible but the one that is probably true is that jennifer gave her boyfriend aids and he retaliated, from what i heard as far as the cause of death goes it was truama caused by a blow to the head from a blunt object, she was badly beaten, and i also think when that didnt kill her she was shot, but this is information I heard from another girl that use to go with Jennifer on her TLOA's, the girl named as "Krystal" is actually a girl named tabatha mckenzzie and was also with both me and jennifer at the treatment facility. Krystal is a girl that was there too but she has nothing to do with this case, there was a girl that use to go on TLOA's (Theraputic Leave of Abscene) with Jennifer I however do not know the girls name, I do however think this girl has information. I have talked with the police and can only pray that the case will be solved, according to cold case files..it seems the case has pretty much been abaondoned, as much as i did not like jennifer, I wish her killer will be found and brought to ustice. jennifer was a good person and did not deserve this, my sympathys and well wishes for the family. and may jennifer rest in piece.
gladileftclayco

Loganville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2009

WOW,
After reading these comments I can truly see she never stood a chance. It sounds like her mom is just as guilty as the killer for rasing her like this. I sure hope they find the killed but at the same time hope karma eats the people that raised her and pushed her into this life alive.
RIP Jennifer!
lacy stinchcomb

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

its been two years......r.i.p jenna. we love and miss the hell out of u girl
LERAH BATTON

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2009

I WAS ALSO IN A FACILITY WITH JENNIFER AND PRIOR TO THAT I WAS IN JUVENILE WITH HER 3 YEARS EARLIER. JENNIFER WAS A SWEET LOVING GIRL WHO WOULD DO ALMOST ANYTHING IF IT WAS WITHIN HER MEANS.AS FAR AS ALL THE REST OF THE SHIT THESE PEOPLE IS TALKING ABOUT,IT ISNT ANYONES PLACE TO COMMENT ON ANOTHER PERSON LIFE. IN THE BIBLE IT SAYS "LET YEE WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE" AND IM PRETTY SURE EVERY SINGLE PERSON INCLUDING MYSELF HAS SINNED AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER IN THEIR LIVES.NOBODY HAS NO BUISNESS COMMENTING ON HER LIFE.IF SHE WAS A PROSTITUTE AND A HIV POSITIVE OR WHATEVER THEN THAT SHOULD BE HER BUISNESS,NOT FOR EVERYONE TO POST AND DISCUSS ON LINE.SHES DEAD AND IT DONT MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY IT CANT HURT HER.I WONDER WHIILE I WAS READING ALL OF THE POST WHY CANT PEOPLE LET BYGONES BE BYGONES.IS THIS HOW YOU WANT PEOPLE TO REMEMBER YOU WHEN YOUR DEAD?WHAT WAS THE POINT OF POSTING A COMMENT IF YOU WERE JUST GOING TO BE NASTY AND SAY A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT THAT DONT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NOTHING.TO HER FAMILY I REALLY DONT HAVE TO MUCH TO SAY TO YOU ALL BECAUSE THERE HAD TO BE MORE YOU COULD HAVE DONE TO HELP HER. WHEN SHE NEEDED YOU YHE MOST YOU WERE NOT THEIR.IT SEEMED AS IF YOU DID NOT CARE WHAT SHE DID.SHE DID USE TO COME BACK FROM HER TLOA HIGH AND YOU WOULD THINK YOU AS HER FAMILY WOULD DO SOMETHING, EVEN IF SHE DIDNT LIKE IT,TO HELP HER. BUT YOU DIDNT YOU STILL CONTINUED TO COME GET HER EVERY WEEKEND THAT YOU COULD AND NOT DO NOTHING ABOUT HER DRUG HABITS.SEE WHAT PEOPLE DONT REALIZE IS THAT IT IS NOT IN NO WAY JENNAS FAULT HOW SHE TURNED OUT,BUT INDEED HER FAMILYS FAULT FOR SITTING BACK AND WATCHING AS HER LIFE WENT COMPLETLY DOWN THE FUCKING DRAIN. AS A MOTHER WITH 3 CHILDREN I CAN SAY THIS, AND IT MIGHT NOT BE THE RIGHT THING TO SAY BUT IN HONEST AND IF SOMETHING IS ON MY CHEST THEN IM GOING TO SAY IT,YOU DESERVE TO DIE THE SAME FATE THAT SHE DID IF NOT WORSE. THE PAIN YOU FEEL IS A PAIN YOU BOUGHT ON YOURSELVES.ME AND JENNA WERE GOOD FRIENDS THE WORST PART OF 3 YEARS CAUSE WE KEPT LINKING UP IN DIFFERENT FACILITIES.I WISH I COULD HAVE HELPED HER AND DONT THINK I DIDNT TRY BUT HOW COULD I HAVE HELPED HER IF I COULDNT EVEN DO ANYTHING FOR MYSELF,I MEAN FOR REAL WE WERE BOTH IN FACILITIES AT THE TIME.I MISS HER AND I WILL ALWAYS LOVE HER AS THE FRIEND SHE WAS AND WILL NEVER AGAIN READ THE DUMB ASS YOU PEOPLE PUT UP HERE,ITS A WASTE OF TIME.......ANYWAYS I CAME TO PAY MY RESPECTS AND LET EVERYONE KNOW THE TRUE JENNIFER LEE CHAMBERS.
lacy stinchcomb

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

its been hard lately...i just wish the person or people could be man/woman enough to fo the rite thing! i miss jenna with all my heart and think of and dream about her so often. if anyone knows any more can they please email me at godmamalacy@yahoo.com also i have tried to be added to her myspace page. i love and miss you Jenna
lacy stinchcomb

Suwanee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

i just wanted to show Jenna some love and let everyone know im still thinking of my beloved friend and praying for her killer to be arrested. much love to my babygirl Jenna. love you!!!!
cooper

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

R.I.P. Jenna

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 9 min The WB 52,222
Georgia - Inmates Complain of Treatment at Clay... (Jan '08) Aug 15 Terence Baker 76
Review: Bots Auto Repair And Services Aug 14 LarryBaker 1
Back to school for Metro Atlanta students: Key ... Jul 31 Big Daddy Roy Goo... 2
Prophet Michael Obeng Jul 25 chrichna 3
nasty people only Jul 25 Winniethepoohbear 1
9/11&bin Jul 25 REV CAROL 1

Search the Jonesboro Forum:
•••

Jonesboro News Video

•••
•••

Jonesboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••