Global Warming is Real

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Jan 7, 2012
At the expense of being tedious, from a climatological perspective, 2011 was a real killer both figuratively and literally. If not quite so hot as 2010, which tied 1998 for the warmest in recorded history, it's likely to end up among the top ten, all occurring over the past 15 years according to the World Meteorological Organization.

http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/global-warmi...

When it comes to climate change, it appears that the stronger the evidence, the weaker the response. Recent United Nations climate talks in Durban, South Africa accomplished little but to postpone things until 2015. Then negotiators will try to devise what the Washington Post called "global climate pact with legal force, applying to all nations."

What with China, India and the United States resisting binding limits to greenhouse gas emissions, the odds seem remote that can happen.

Republican presidential candidates all-but unanimously (if belatedly in a couple of cases) resist climate science. In GOP circles, it's considered sensible to warn against the grave threat of Sharia law being imposed in Oklahoma, but weeks on end of rainless 110 degree afternoons, not so much. Democrats like President Obama appear to have concluded that global warming's like gun control, where reasoned self-interest has little chance against well-organized fanaticism.

Indeed, the mere presence of the words "climatological" and "World Meteorological Organization" in the first paragraph above all but guarantee a barrage of furious e-mails from partisans dogmatically certain that climate change is a scientific hoax conceived by freedom-hating one-worlders seeking to impose eco-tyranny.

It's remarkable how well some people can type with both eyes closed and their fingers stuck in their ears.

LOL - that last line sound like any posters on Topix? "..scientific hoax conceived by freedom-hating one-worlders seeking to impose eco-tyranny." Seems to be the typical conservative poster here!
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Jan 7, 2012
Global temperatures have always fluctuated and they always will. Nothing to be concerned about.

The whole man-made global warming is nothing but a hoax. The scam was uncovered a year or two ago when it was shown the climate "scientists" had been massaging the data to reach their desired outcome.

How quickly you left wing nutjobs forget.
Bless Your Heart

Fayetteville, AR

#3 Jan 7, 2012
The report by the IPCC released in April 2007 was based on the work of some 2,500 scientists in more than 130 countries and it concluded that humans have caused all or most of the current planetary warming.
Nellie

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Jan 7, 2012
Bless Your Heart wrote:
The report by the IPCC released in April 2007 was based on the work of some 2,500 scientists in more than 130 countries and it concluded that humans have caused all or most of the current planetary warming.
If you believe in global warming then you probably belive in the Keeber Elves. This green agenda is a scam to make a select few lots of money. The truth is the the earth has warming trends and cooling trends. If the people that promote "saving the earth" really want to save us, do something about GMO foods and all of the radiation that's coming over the US from Japan. Worry about our soldiers that are being exposed to DU while they serve our country. Worry about the thousands of people in the countrys that we've had war with that have been exposed to DU. It's time to end this "green agenda" and we must put a stop to our children being "brainwashed" in the schools about all of this hogwash.
Bless Your Heart

Fayetteville, AR

#5 Jan 7, 2012
Nellie wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe in global warming then you probably belive in the Keeber Elves. This green agenda is a scam to make a select few lots of money. The truth is the the earth has warming trends and cooling trends. If the people that promote "saving the earth" really want to save us, do something about GMO foods and all of the radiation that's coming over the US from Japan. Worry about our soldiers that are being exposed to DU while they serve our country. Worry about the thousands of people in the countrys that we've had war with that have been exposed to DU. It's time to end this "green agenda" and we must put a stop to our children being "brainwashed" in the schools about all of this hogwash.
We wouldn't want to educate them kids now would we.
Zuloo

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Jan 7, 2012
Bless Your Heart wrote:
<quoted text>We wouldn't want to educate them kids now would we.
It's not educating. It's a political agenda to brainwash our children. It's also called the "dumbing down of America." Do some research on this and you will be shocked.
guest

United States

#7 Jan 7, 2012
Zuloo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not educating. It's a political agenda to brainwash our children. It's also called the "dumbing down of America." Do some research on this and you will be shocked.
. I agree, our government fills our history books with lies over and over and purposefully tries "dumb" us down. The less we know or pay attention, the better they can get away with corruption. We just think we are in a democracy as long as we smile and go along with whatever without stirring the pot.
GNAA

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Jan 7, 2012
Bless Your Heart wrote:
<quoted text>We wouldn't want to educate them kids now would we.
Teaching kids to recognize a scam is the most important education of all. If you had ever been educated you would know this.
Bless Your Heart

Fayetteville, AR

#9 Jan 7, 2012
GNAA wrote:
<quoted text>
Teaching kids to recognize a scam is the most important education of all. If you had ever been educated you would know this.
Them old scientist and teachers are just dumb, Kim Jong-ill and Pol Pot must have been smart men to know this and get rid of them before they could educate the young ones. With all the children educated who will watch Fox News?
Bless Your Heart

Fayetteville, AR

#10 Jan 7, 2012
GNAA wrote:
<quoted text>
Teaching kids to recognize a scam is the most important education of all. If you had ever been educated you would know this.
It is education I am promoting.
GNAA

Fort Worth, TX

#11 Jan 7, 2012
Bless Your Heart wrote:
<quoted text>Them old scientist and teachers are just dumb,...
Since you seem kind of slow, let me break it down for you. I was inferring that YOU are an idiot.
GNAA

Fort Worth, TX

#12 Jan 7, 2012
Bless Your Heart wrote:
<quoted text>It is education I am promoting.
It's "useful idiocy" you are promoting.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...
Bless Your Heart

Fayetteville, AR

#13 Jan 7, 2012
GNAA wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "useful idiocy" you are promoting.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...
So, instead of defending your position or lack of a position on global warming you spend your time looking up things you think might be insulting.
GNAA

Fort Worth, TX

#14 Jan 7, 2012
Bless Your Heart wrote:
<quoted text>So, instead of defending your position or lack of a position on global warming you spend your time looking up things you think might be insulting.
The short answer is yes. You don't come here to be enlightened by an opposite point of view. I could spend hours laying out all the connections to the money, fallicous arguments, indicting email, etc. However, you've been hardcore indoctrinate. To expect you to even consider anything I would present would make me a larger fool than yourself.

Additionally, I'd have to give a fuck what you thought. Alas, I do not.
Bless Your Heart

Fayetteville, AR

#15 Jan 7, 2012
GNAA wrote:
<quoted text>
The short answer is yes. You don't come here to be enlightened by an opposite point of view. I could spend hours laying out all the connections to the money, fallicous arguments, indicting email, etc. However, you've been hardcore indoctrinate. To expect you to even consider anything I would present would make me a larger fool than yourself.
Additionally, I'd have to give a fuck what you thought. Alas, I do not.
You are the troll or you pretend to be one, not me.
GNAA

Fort Worth, TX

#16 Jan 7, 2012
Bless Your Heart wrote:
<quoted text>You are the troll or you pretend to be one, not me.
You say that like its a bad thing. LOL. What would bring you to that conclusion?
Bless Your Heart

Fayetteville, AR

#17 Jan 7, 2012
GNAA wrote:
<quoted text>
You say that like its a bad thing. LOL. What would bring you to that conclusion?
GNAA was my first clue.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Jan 7, 2012
GNAA wrote:
<quoted text>
The short answer is yes. You don't come here to be enlightened by an opposite point of view. I could spend hours laying out all the connections to the money, fallicous arguments, indicting email, etc. However, you've been hardcore indoctrinate. To expect you to even consider anything I would present would make me a larger fool than yourself.
Additionally, I'd have to give a fuck what you thought. Alas, I do not.
Please! We need a good laugh. Please give us a sample of the proof you have of the global warming hoax. Meanwhile, we are losing the polar icecaps.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Jul 9, 2012
Warmest Half Year On Record For U.S. Mainland, NOAA 'State Of The Climate' Reports

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/09/warm...

Yes, it really is getting hot out there. A new report finds that the past 12 months have been the warmest on record for the mainland United States.

Hand in hand with global warming is acidification of the oceans.

Still skeptical?
suckerrrs

United States

#20 Jul 9, 2012
Global warming......pshhhh....tell the dinosaurs that b.s.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Make Ted Cruz An Honorary Democrat 7 min Disclaimer 2
Mayors corruption 12 min Guest 48
Wrestling in Jonesboro 37 min Vat 5
doing chicks at Frito lay 40 min dieselmechanic1976 2
'Muslims are plotting to infect our food chain ... 1 hr guest 13
Breathe Easy- Don't Break the Law !!!! 1 hr George 4
Marco Rubio, climate denier (May '14) 1 hr John Carter 66
FOX News defends torture 2 hr Cyrus5590 185
Jonesboro Ar. Topix Hero of the Year - 2014 2 hr Gary 44
What music sites are not blocked at school? (Nov '12) 5 hr squash pineapple 79
Borderline illiteracy on Topix: How much is too... 15 hr Fo Show 88
Jonesboro Dating
Find my Match

Jonesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jonesboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jonesboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:32 am PST

NBC Sports 4:32AM
Taylor Lewan wants you to know he's not a "scumbag"
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
NBC Sports 8:10 AM
Chandler Catanzaro kicks way to NFC special teams honors
Bleacher Report 9:43 AM
Offseason Should Start with Trading for Cutler
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well