JPD: Man admits to beating small dog to death

Aug 17, 2012 Full story: KAIT-TV 17

JONESBORO, AR A Brookland man faces animal cruelty charges after police say he confessed to beating a small dog to death.

Full Story

Since: Aug 12

Marked Tree, AR

#1 Aug 18, 2012
I think with a crime that viciously cruel, should be more than a slap on the wrist, he should be beaten. An eye for an eye !A sorry waste of a human life, and an uneccessary loss of a defenseless little animal.
oh yeah

Montréal, Canada

#2 Aug 18, 2012
And all you aholes that kick your pets out should be forced to get hit by cars, tortured by sociopaths, forced to lick up antifreeze, be infested with parasites, starved and left in the heat with no water. What he did is sick and needs to be punished. All you filthy inbreds who do any of this crap need to be punished.

Mountain Home, AR

#3 Aug 18, 2012
The article doesn't say the dog was kicked out permanent. Maybe they didn't have a fence and used the tether to let the puppy out to use the bathroom and walk around a few times daily. Even if it lived outside, mayeb they had not been educated as to the dangers. People are crazy these days. I do not know, but I refuse to judge them because a lunatic evil man killed their pet that they obviously loved.

Since: Aug 12

Marked Tree, AR

#4 Aug 18, 2012
JONESBORO, AR (KAIT)- A Brookland man faces animal cruelty charges after police say he beat a small dog to death.

According to Jonesboro police, the attack happened Thursday afternoon in the 800-block of West Matthews.

A witness said the dog was tethered to a run line in its yard when 57-year-old Michael L. Ring "lift the small animal off the ground by its leash, swung it around and slammed it several times unto the ground" until it died.

Ring then walked away.

When Officer Royce Smith caught up with Ring, the suspect said he was "going to the library" and at first refused to hand over his identification.

While being questioned, Ring began complaining of chest pains and "stated that he wanted to go to the hospital," according to Officer Smith's initial report.

Ring was taken to St. Bernards Medical Center for observation. He was treated and released at 8 a.m. Friday. Ring was then taken to the Craighead County Detention Center where he was charged with aggravated animal cruelty and a probation violation. According to Officer Smith's report, Ring was on probation for a previous aggravated assault.

Ring is due in District Court at 2 p.m. Friday for a probable cause hearing.

Region 8's Will Dupree will be in the courtroom and bring you a complete report tonight on Region 8 News at 5 and 6.
my dixie wrecked

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Aug 18, 2012
if they let him go how long before he ias on the front page for killing someone? He already tried to run down his son.
very least punishment - slit his bag and run his leg through it.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#6 Aug 18, 2012
I say would should borrow one of these cranes, tie a rope around his sorry neck & to the crane....then take turns figuring out what all of those pretty buttons & levers do. Sling him around & use him as a human wrecking ball:) I personally would yank him like a yo-yo & crash him to the ground over & over. Ooops! It was an accident! Note: Topix will put the weirdest ideas in ones head:)

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#7 Aug 18, 2012
That's "we" not "would":) All this talk about "gang violence" makes me silly!
tnfav

United States

#8 Aug 18, 2012
It's not a human its an animal. I think we value animal life far more than humans. We are above animals. Could care less..... Maybe animals should run this world if everytime something happens to one ppl go crazy.
happy camping

United States

#9 Aug 18, 2012
Good for the guy.
happy camping2038

United States

#10 Aug 18, 2012
Animals should be treated like animals not people. It's only a dog
figgers

North Little Rock, AR

#11 Aug 18, 2012
it had tabe jonesboro, they r the meanest damned ppl on the face of this whole earth

Little Rock, AR

#13 Aug 18, 2012
Welcome to insane America, where you can go down the street and kill your unborn human child, but face felony charges for killing an animal. Our time on this planet is running out quickly.
me just saying

Trumann, AR

#14 Aug 18, 2012
you do have to tenderize the dog before cooking, otherwise the meat would be tough.
Mrschecter

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Nov 25, 2012
happy camping2038 wrote:
Animals should be treated like animals not people. It's only a dog
they're defensless you cold hearted bastard, your just as bad as he is for saying that.
Joe

Pahrump, NV

#16 Nov 25, 2012
The guy sounds like one of those inbred hill billies with PTSD. Only something like that would harm a defenseless animal. They should castrate it so it can't multiply.

Oklahoma City, OK

#17 Nov 25, 2012
I'm all about a 70% culling of the Earth's population of humans.
Anonymous

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Nov 25, 2012
Well, the man will be punished thanks to AG Dustin McDaniel. He made it a felony, where it used to be a misdemeanor that resulted with a slap on the wrist is no more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I fully support body cameras for every cop in A... 10 min Look it up 34
Pawn Shops and Stolen Property True or False? (Sep '11) 44 min bcp88 16
How to get a job at Unilever (Jonesboro, AR Plant) 51 min idgaf 6
Nicepak closing 56 min idgaf 24
Ryan Mallet to the Texans 1 hr Superman 10
LOL ferguson! 1 hr guest 66
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr LOL 30,265
A Meeting Of The Topix Heroes 2 hr guest 234
Breaking; Grand Jury Decision 3 hr GusMcFuss 92
H&R Block Emerald Loan (Dec '10) 5 hr slugedheart 142