|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

Guest wrote:
I have read everyone's comments that the police should have found the gun- however- it is my understanding the police can only pat down a person using the back of their hand and only in certain places! If the gun was in his underwear "tucked" in his crack - as several have said they do- then no the police would not have found it- if they searched there they would be slapped with some type of sexual lawsuit for sure! That searched would be done at the detention center and the criminals know this ! That is why a lot of people hide drugs in their pants or bras- police on a traffic stop cannot touch these areas when patting them down! So if this is the law and that is where he hid the gun- how were they suppose to find the weapon?
The laws always seem to protect the criminal...isn't that strange? Everyones "sue happy" these days. Sadly, it keeps many from doing their job & helping people, such as in accidents...noone wants to touch them or help because they may get sued for doing so. Everyone keeps calling this a cover up. What part of National News do they not comprehend? The Feds are just going to let some local boys slide on an "oopsie"? I think not. There's too many people involved from the medical examiner/coroner to evidence handled by many at this point..Sweeping it under the rug expired an hour after this transpired. Like I said early on, if they wanted to cover it up & make it go away they would've done it before this blew up. I don't know how credible the witnesses are, but I know this town well enough to know they'd be on the news or in the Sun jacking their jaws about foul play if it went down like that. I haven't heard a peep. Nor have the other two boys come forward to get their 15 minutes of fame. The cops may keep the investigation hush hush...but, they can't keep a leash on everyone else. Just saying...

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

So who has an on line subscription to the Jonesboro Sun? Unlike OTHER newspapers where record archive searches are FREE, I believe the gun owner or at least the theft would be reported there in June of this year.

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

ummmmm wrote:
You are an eff'ing joke of a conspiracy theorist rayford. take the tin foil off your head and start taking your lithium again. I seriously hope nobody on here believes an ounce of what you spew.
Why don't you call ol' Yates himself and share your ideas about how he should manage his "trigger happy possy." Better yet, go see him in person and see what happens.
With all the violence going on here lately, I for one want the cops to start cracking down a little more on the drug dealers, pawn shop robbers and eff-tards shooting people in the head for cell phone minutes. At least they are willing to try and make things better unlike you who only sits at home talking crap on a computer.
Hell, they will have try outs again one of these days. Why don't you go and try out? Maybe that way you can get the shit out from underneath your fingernails and try to change things your way.
Man up or shut up.
You know I couldn't have said it better. Ray if you think JPD is doing such a bad job, take your daschcam truck up there and complain in person, instead of being b*tching on here about it. Something tells me ole Ray has a screw loose and probably stays in trouble with the law thats why he has such a bad taste for them. If you notice, its only the criminals and the ones doing bad all the time is the ones that get on here and b*tch about the police.

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

The Laptop Lolita wrote:
So who has an on line subscription to the Jonesboro Sun? Unlike OTHER newspapers where record archive searches are FREE, I believe the gun owner or at least the theft would be reported there in June of this year.
Was it stolen here in Jonesboro or in Mississippi?
Just wondering

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Linda wrote:
Sounds pretty fishy to me. They should have found the gun. If he somehow managed to do that, wouldn't there be gunshot residue on his hands?
I surely don't understand how this could happen, or why any young man would just up and commit suicide.
I also don't see how a cop would do anything so stupid.
I live three hours from Jonesboro. There's a large U of A campus there. It's pretty diverse.
I saw a picture of Charvis Carter on TV and he was a skinny teenager.
This story makes me sad and upset.
He didn't have to be suicidal to kill himself. Are People really unaware that folks kill themselves every day doing stupid shit?

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

The Laptop Lolita wrote:
<quoted text>The laws always seem to protect the criminal...isn't that strange? Everyones "sue happy" these days. Sadly, it keeps many from doing their job & helping people, such as in accidents...noone wants to touch them or help because they may get sued for doing so. Everyone keeps calling this a cover up. What part of National News do they not comprehend? The Feds are just going to let some local boys slide on an "oopsie"? I think not. There's too many people involved from the medical examiner/coroner to evidence handled by many at this point..Sweeping it under the rug expired an hour after this transpired. Like I said early on, if they wanted to cover it up & make it go away they would've done it before this blew up. I don't know how credible the witnesses are, but I know this town well enough to know they'd be on the news or in the Sun jacking their jaws about foul play if it went down like that. I haven't heard a peep. Nor have the other two boys come forward to get their 15 minutes of fame. The cops may keep the investigation hush hush...but, they can't keep a leash on everyone else. Just saying...
You are exactly right, but thugs and criminals who hate the police will do anything to sling mud. This happened in a black neighborhood with people watching, but some out there want to blame everything on the police and not on themselves. The chief of police can not release any info until the investigation is complete or it would compromise the investigation. People do not understand that, they want to believe anything I guess. Go to YOUTUBE and watch the video of the guy in cuffs with the fake gun. It is possible for that young man to have done that. People do dumb things when they know they are in trouble. Hell, it could of been one of those freak accidents where the guy was messing with the gun trying to hide it and it went off. The young man being black didn't have anything to do with it, other than the NAACP and local pastors trying to sling mud and get everyone riled up.

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

And the people who watched the whole thing said the police did nothing wrong!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it stolen here in Jonesboro or in Mississippi?
In Jonesboro. It should be on record in the Sun under Police, Courts. Shouldn't be hard to find unless they've removed it to protect the owners identity.

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

ummmmm wrote:
Why are you calling me a NAZI something PIG. And no, not one bit.
I googled that link the last 400 times you posted it to educate myself and you half right.
read here:
Rule 2.2. Authority to request cooperation.
(a) A law enforcement officer MAY request any person to furnish information or otherwise cooperate in the investigation or prevention of crime. The officer may request the person to respond to questions, to appear at a police station, or to comply with any other reasonable request.
(b) In making a request pursuant to this rule, no law enforcement officer shall indicate that a person is legally obligated to furnish information or to otherwise cooperate if no such legal obligation exists. Compliance with the request for information or other cooperation hereunder shall not be regarded as involuntary or coerced solely on the ground that such a request was made by a law enforcement officer.
if you read the police report that KAIT posted then you will know they were "suspicious" in the area. Wouldn't that give them probable cause that they need to ID everyone? It was not a simple traffic stop, which is what you are referring to.
If you have probable cause you can ID everyone in the vehicle. Ray sounds like a nut and probably stays in trouble with the police. And another thing, who cares if they ask you for your ID, if you have nothing to hide and not out committing crimes, then what do you have to worry about? Again, its ALWAYS the criminals that use that because they have EVERYTHING to hide. Also this chavis kid gave them a fake name, thats why they detained him and put him in the back of the car. I bet you ole Ray got a FBI file on him and probably his own satelite following him too.....lol.

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

The Laptop Lolita wrote:
<quoted text>In Jonesboro. It should be on record in the Sun under Police, Courts. Shouldn't be hard to find unless they've removed it to protect the owners identity.
Not everything is put in the Jonesboro sun. Heck if they where to list everything that was stolen everyday, it would take up the whole paper. My guess is they will release the name of the owner of the gun when they finalize the investigation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

I personally don't think Jackson & Al know what to do with this yet. I think they want to be involved, yet the sketchy details & Chavis Carters jaded past is keeping them at bay. Unlike Trayvon Martin.... they were on a jet. Nah, they're holding back on this one. I don't have a problem with anyone trying to defend someones character. But, don't jump on the bandwagon because of race without the details...I think that's what they're doing.... taking this one slow. As for the Cochran Team... I don't know. They have as much info as we do, though I'm certain putting a dollar amount on her childs life seems like the right thing to do from her perspective. In hind sight I'm certain she realizes she won't be nominated for mother of the year. Unlike Trayvons parents...they came across well spoken & sincere. This woman...I hate to say this because it goes against what I preach on here...Uh, looks to not have had an education, nor a job of great support or a pot to p!ss in. Ouch! I said it. It's rare... but, I admit there are some that play the system & I honestly believe she's one of them. Her concern for her sons well being hit an all time low when she hired attorneys. Prior to this.... it's obvious too me, she had no concern for his life. Sorry guys..I call it like I see it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everything is put in the Jonesboro sun. Heck if they where to list everything that was stolen everyday, it would take up the whole paper. My guess is they will release the name of the owner of the gun when they finalize the investigation.
Perhaps... but, wouldn't it be worth a look? Since it's published daily...there's a good chance it's there.

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Us older people need to learn something new every day...
Just to keep the grey matter tuned up.
Where did "Piss Poor" come from? Interesting history.
They used to use urine to tan animal skins, so families used to all pee in a pot.
And then once it was full it was taken and sold to the tannery...
if you had to do this to survive you were "Piss Poor".
But worse than that were the really poor folk who couldn't even afford to buy a pot...
They "didn't have a pot to piss in" and were the lowest of the low.

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

The Laptop Lolita wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps... but, wouldn't it be worth a look? Since it's published daily...there's a good chance it's there.
It wouldn't say if it was the gun. It would just have the name and what was stolen, they don't list serial numbers or anything. Unless it was a relative of chavis and you could match the names.

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

guest wrote:
Us older people need to learn something new every day...
Just to keep the grey matter tuned up.
Where did "Piss Poor" come from? Interesting history.
They used to use urine to tan animal skins, so families used to all pee in a pot.
And then once it was full it was taken and sold to the tannery...
if you had to do this to survive you were "Piss Poor".
But worse than that were the really poor folk who couldn't even afford to buy a pot...
They "didn't have a pot to piss in" and were the lowest of the low.
Huh......theres 5 seconds of my life I won't get back after reading that.
Guest2

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Linda wrote:
Sounds pretty fishy to me. They should have found the gun. If he somehow managed to do that, wouldn't there be gunshot residue on his hands?
I surely don't understand how this could happen, or why any young man would just up and commit suicide.
I also don't see how a cop would do anything so stupid.
I live three hours from Jonesboro. There's a large U of A campus there. It's pretty diverse.
I saw a picture of Charvis Carter on TV and he was a skinny teenager.
This story makes me sad and upset.
I'm not sure where you are, but if its Cherokee village where your ISP is, 3 hours is a really long time to get to Jonesboro. You also don't know much about it if you thin there is a UofA campus here. Last timei checked, ASU is the university here.

Do you know there isn't residue on him? Since the autopsy isn't public, I'm impressed if you do.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Jonesboro Sun said gun was stolen from deceased kids Uncle during a family get together. Also said they've been unable to make contact with him or the aunt that showed up the night while police had the boys pulled over. My guess is they've been told by mother's attorneys to not have contact with the police.

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh......theres 5 seconds of my life I won't get back after reading that.
Sorry, that was supposed to be a reply to laptop.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Ok, exactly the same thing happened last week in Mobile, Alabama. No CNN , no Jessie Jackson, no "outrage" by black pastors or the NAACP. What's different other than the guy survived?

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

guest wrote:
Ok, exactly the same thing happened last week in Mobile, Alabama. No CNN , no Jessie Jackson, no "outrage" by black pastors or the NAACP. What's different other than the guy survived?
Could it be it was a white guy....ding ding ding ding. Oh passa Jackson you don't care about a cracka shootin himself, come on NAACP where you at for that one since you care about other folks too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 501 - 520 of864
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

139 Users are viewing the Jonesboro Forum right now

Search the Jonesboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bloomberg vs NRA 26 min Banned 9
Being gay is wrong!!! (Feb '10) 27 min The Voice of Reason 4,235
Tom Cotton endorses affordable care for ‘every ... 29 min AmericanIdiots 51
86M Full-Time Private-Sector Workers Sustain 14... 35 min AmericanIdiots 1
Cliven Bundy is a Big Fat Million Dollar Welfar... 36 min AmericanIdiots 35
What if Bundy Ranch Were Owned by a Bunch of Bl... 37 min Arkansaw 57
michael yocum 58 min guest 4
heavily-armed feds surround nevada ranch... 1 hr AmericanIdiots 114
Republicans target new female in the war on women. 4 hr Ummm 103