Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Mar 31, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
news

Memphis, TN

#1 Feb 21, 2014
Heard on the news this morning, a 19 year old was charged with the rape that happened in ridgepoint. What was his name ?
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Feb 21, 2014
news wrote:
Heard on the news this morning, a 19 year old was charged with the rape that happened in ridgepoint. What was his name ?
The paper gave his name, I forget what it was but what was interesting is that the paper said the people at the party at Ridgepoint were narrowed down to 6 guys before the one guy they arrested confessed to having sex with her but that it was consensual sex. That's going to be a tough case to prove rape. Feel sorry for the woman
realistically speaking

United States

#3 Feb 21, 2014
Nobody's surprised. There parents teach them to lie, cheat, steal, bully, abuse, kill, andwhore around and take whatever they want without any decency whatsoever. They are taught to be like that from the cradle up in Jtown. Bad parents make a bad next generation.
guest

Manila, AR

#4 Feb 21, 2014
why is it men have to be responsible for their actions when they are drunk but women are not? think about it, when both are drunk and have consensual sex then when the woman sobers up, she can claim rape and the man when he sobers up is now considered a rapist.
zed

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Feb 21, 2014
women need to take some responsibility too even though its new years eve still watch yourself but no excuse for the dude.
guest

Alexander, AR

#6 Feb 21, 2014
guest wrote:
why is it men have to be responsible for their actions when they are drunk but women are not? think about it, when both are drunk and have consensual sex then when the woman sobers up, she can claim rape and the man when he sobers up is now considered a rapist.
The young lady was claimed to be drugged. Don't put this on her.
survivor

Trumann, AR

#7 Feb 22, 2014
guest wrote:
why is it men have to be responsible for their actions when they are drunk but women are not? think about it, when both are drunk and have consensual sex then when the woman sobers up, she can claim rape and the man when he sobers up is now considered a rapist.
Obviously, you have never been raped. Try thinking outside your little box. <eye roll>
Guest

United States

#8 Feb 22, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
The young lady was claimed to be drugged. Don't put this on her.
Claimed ?? Where is the proof!!!
Don't be blaming the young man unless you can prove it.
I feel sorry for him!!!!
guest

Dallas, TX

#9 Feb 22, 2014
With a confession? Yea that kinda seals the deal. Most rapes in this town may end up with an arrest but without hard evidence, the prosecutors here will always reduce the charge. It is rare that some actually continued through the system with their original charge.
guest

Alexander, AR

#15 Feb 22, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Claimed ?? Where is the proof!!!
Don't be blaming the young man unless you can prove it.
I feel sorry for him!!!!
If you feel sorry for someone who drugged someone else and did what he did you must be doing the same thing.
guy

United States

#16 Feb 22, 2014
females don't got a rape tool unless they use a broom handle or something and I aint seen the female yet what could make a guy do her

no means no
wow

Osceola, AR

#17 Feb 22, 2014
If he's guilty, castrate him. Nuff said.
Law says

United States

#18 Feb 22, 2014
If he was only 19 and was drinking and/or drunk then he's also supposed to be charged for that, as well as for the rape, and whoever's house he was drinking/drunk/raping at should be charged for contributing to the crimes. We see a lot of drunk and drugged kids in that area, all of Valley View, too, not just the poorer parts of Jonesboro.. You people should be ashamed for raising your kids to be like that. A police record won't help any of them have good lives in the future.
guest

Manila, AR

#19 Feb 22, 2014
survivor wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, you have never been raped. Try thinking outside your little box. <eye roll>
you missed the point, there is a difference between regret and rape. In a lot of cases it is regret. I do not consider it rape if it is consensual and both are drunk and there is regret and fear after sobering up. a man should not be held for his actions when drunk if a woman will spread her legs willingly when she is also drunk.
Lady

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Feb 22, 2014
Man charged with New Year's Eve rape
Posted: Feb 21, 2014 4:34 PM CST
Updated: Feb 21, 2014 4:34 PM CST

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT)– On New Year's Eve a Memphis woman traveled to Jonesboro to attend a party at a friend's home in the RidgePointe subdivision.
The next day she was in a local emergency room being examined for a sexual assault.
The woman told Jonesboro police she believed someone had drugged her then had intercourse with her while she was "out of it," court records stated.
She told investigators she remembered being on her side and a "skinny male subject" having sex with her.
On February 20, police arrested John Faughn, 19, of Jonesboro on a charge of rape.
According to the initial police report, Faughn was one of six suspects detectives interviewed.
During his interview, Faughn reportedly admitted he had sex with the victim; but he claimed she was "fully aware that they were having sex."
According to the affidavit, the victim "adamantly denies being conscious during the incident."
On Thursday, Faughn appeared before Judge Keith Blackman who set his bond at $3,000.
Faughn posted the bond and was released.
This is not the first time Faughn has been in trouble with the law.
According to police records obtained by Region 8 News, he was arrested on July 22, 2013, on a charge of criminal trespass.
Faughn was accused of going to his ex-girlfriend's home and initiating a confrontation with a male friend of hers, the police report stated.
According to records, Faughn had been criminally banned from the property a few weeks prior to the event.
Officers took Faughn to the Craighead County Detention Center where he was cited and left in lieu of $165 surety bond.
Less than a month later, Faughn was arrested again on charges of residential burglary, false imprisonment, fleeing, first degree assault, theft of property and harassment.
The police report stated that early on the morning of August 18 Faughn went to his ex-girlfriend's home to discuss their relationship. When she got into his car, Faughn sped off.
According to the police report, Faughn drove the woman to the Big Lot's parking lot on Woodsprings Road and "asked her to have sex with him."
The woman refused and jumped out of the car, the report stated.
The victim told investigators as she was running toward Highway 63, Faughn chased her down and tackled her to the ground.
He then tried to drag her back to his car, the report stated.
The woman managed to get away again and ran across the highway.
A couple of joggers saw the struggle and called police.
When officers arrived, Faughn reportedly sped off in his 2010 BMW.
An officer chased Faughn to the area of Church and Steele and ordered him out of the car at gunpoint.
Faughn was taken to the CCDC where he was held in lieu of $50,000 bond.
On August 20 he appeared before Judge Curt Huckaby for a probable cause hearing.
Huckaby reduced Faughn's bond to $5,000 due to his having "no criminal history" and having family in Jonesboro, the report stated.
Huckaby set Faughn's court date for September 30.
On September 21, Faughn was back in jail.
He was charged with assault, criminal mischief and violation of a no-contact order.
According to the police report, Faughn had once again gone to his ex-girlfriend's home and assaulted her and a friend.
Faughn then left the scene on foot.
Police arrested him a short time later at a home in the 3100-block of Race Street.
He was taken to the CCDC where he was cited and given a September 23 court date.
guest

United States

#21 Feb 22, 2014
Lady wrote:
Man charged with New Year's Eve rape
Posted: Feb 21, 2014 4:34 PM CST
Updated: Feb 21, 2014 4:34 PM CST
JONESBORO, AR (KAIT)– On New Year's Eve a Memphis woman traveled to Jonesboro to attend a party at a friend's home in the RidgePointe subdivision.
The next day she was in a local emergency room being examined for a sexual assault.
The woman told Jonesboro police she believed someone had drugged her then had intercourse with her while she was "out of it," court records stated.
She told investigators she remembered being on her side and a "skinny male subject" having sex with her.
On February 20, police arrested John Faughn, 19, of Jonesboro on a charge of rape.
According to the initial police report, Faughn was one of six suspects detectives interviewed.
During his interview, Faughn reportedly admitted he had sex with the victim; but he claimed she was "fully aware that they were having sex."
According to the affidavit, the victim "adamantly denies being conscious during the incident."
On Thursday, Faughn appeared before Judge Keith Blackman who set his bond at $3,000.
Faughn posted the bond and was released.
This is not the first time Faughn has been in trouble with the law.
According to police records obtained by Region 8 News, he was arrested on July 22, 2013, on a charge of criminal trespass.
Faughn was accused of going to his ex-girlfriend's home and initiating a confrontation with a male friend of hers, the police report stated.
According to records, Faughn had been criminally banned from the property a few weeks prior to the event.
Officers took Faughn to the Craighead County Detention Center where he was cited and left in lieu of $165 surety bond.
Less than a month later, Faughn was arrested again on charges of residential burglary, false imprisonment, fleeing, first degree assault, theft of property and harassment.
The police report stated that early on the morning of August 18 Faughn went to his ex-girlfriend's home to discuss their relationship. When she got into his car, Faughn sped off.
According to the police report, Faughn drove the woman to the Big Lot's parking lot on Woodsprings Road and "asked her to have sex with him."
The woman refused and jumped out of the car, the report stated.
The victim told investigators as she was running toward Highway 63, Faughn chased her down and tackled her to the ground.
He then tried to drag her back to his car, the report stated.
The woman managed to get away again and ran across the highway.
A couple of joggers saw the struggle and called police.
When officers arrived, Faughn reportedly sped off in his 2010 BMW.
An officer chased Faughn to the area of Church and Steele and ordered him out of the car at gunpoint.
Faughn was taken to the CCDC where he was held in lieu of $50,000 bond.
On August 20 he appeared before Judge Curt Huckaby for a probable cause hearing.
Huckaby reduced Faughn's bond to $5,000 due to his having "no criminal history" and having family in Jonesboro, the report stated.
Huckaby set Faughn's court date for September 30.
On September 21, Faughn was back in jail.
He was charged with assault, criminal mischief and violation of a no-contact order.
According to the police report, Faughn had once again gone to his ex-girlfriend's home and assaulted her and a friend.
Faughn then left the scene on foot.
Police arrested him a short time later at a home in the 3100-block of Race Street.
He was taken to the CCDC where he was cited and given a September 23 court date.
Typical Jtown "citizen" if I ever saw one.
USAtoday

Wilmington, DE

#22 Feb 23, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Jtown "citizen" if I ever saw one.
Sad, but true. Jtown stinks right up there with the worst of them any more. You understand that means the people living in Jtown stink right up there with the stinkiest.
Winston

Saint Louis, MO

#23 Feb 23, 2014
That's why I left Jonesboro years ago.
Guest

United States

#25 Feb 23, 2014
So tell me. Where exactly do YOU live?
just saying

Manila, AR

#26 Feb 24, 2014
Guest wrote:
So tell me. Where exactly do YOU live?
most likely under a rock

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Assault rifle sales sluggish because Obama stil... 6 min WKJ 12
Hillary Clinton, a mistake for 2016 (Apr '13) 19 min guest 2,941
The Ice Bucket Challenge 21 min Guest 26
Candle wood shooting 26 min Koon 19
nice pak 29 min Watch 3
Sacred Trey Got Banned! 49 min guest 7
Kait8 v.s. Direct TV 55 min guest 12
ASU attendance and parking 1 hr Volunteer 13
Michael Brown’s juvenile record has charge for... 2 hr Guest 27
Red Wolves win, Razorbacks lose... again 5 hr guest 65
•••
•••
•••

Jonesboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jonesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Jonesboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jonesboro
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••