First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Slept very little

Paragould, AR

#1 Jan 3, 2012
Does anyone know the status of the new Aldis Grocery Store.
BETTY

Pacific, MO

#2 Jan 3, 2012
Slept very little wrote:
Does anyone know the status of the new Aldis Grocery Store.
no but where was/is it going to be located i have shop at Aldi's for years and love it.
Pecker

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Jan 3, 2012
The people at the Aldis in Kennet said that some land owner is fighting them at their location have bought over some low rent apartments or housing of some type. Probally has his lawyer paid for by the owners of Harps and Hays

Arlington, TX

#4 Jan 3, 2012
It was going across from fairgrounds but city wouldn't let them put in a stop light so they backed out.
Bless Your Heart

Fayetteville, AR

#5 Jan 3, 2012

Since: Oct 11

United States

#6 Jan 3, 2012
Hope they open. I shop at the Kennet location and feed my family of very well on $80 a week. They even have an iPhone app you can download that will give you the weekly features

Arlington, TX

#7 Jan 3, 2012
What is the iPhone app called

United States

#8 Jan 3, 2012
guest wrote:
What is the iPhone app called
go to app store and search ALDI USA and it should bring it up
Carlos Devega

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Jan 4, 2012
Jonesboro should be ashamed for not letting this wonderful business come to town
Bless Your Heart

Fayetteville, AR

#10 Jan 4, 2012
Donít sweat it Carlos, Aldi has over 9000 stores in 17 countries and have been doing business for about 50 years. If they a want to open one in Jonesboro it will happen, a couple of disgruntled locals won't faze them. If you are a checker it may interest you to know that checkout operators sit down in swivel chairs, passing products through a two-sided barcode scanner.

http://www.aldiuscareers.com/opportunities/

United States

#11 Jan 4, 2012
Bless Your Heart wrote:
Don’t sweat it Carlos, Aldi has over 9000 stores in 17 countries and have been doing business for about 50 years. If they a want to open one in Jonesboro it will happen, a couple of disgruntled locals won't faze them. If you are a checker it may interest you to know that checkout operators sit down in swivel chairs, passing products through a two-sided barcode scanner.

http://www.aldiuscareers.com/opportunities/
and the checker starts out at $11.50. That's what the checker in Kennet told me
Slept very little

Paragould, AR

#12 Jan 4, 2012
Carlos Devega wrote:
Jonesboro should be ashamed for not letting this wonderful business come to town
I agree!!! This store would help low income people.

Since: Aug 11

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Jan 4, 2012
Captain Insain-O wrote:
<quoted text>
and the checker starts out at $11.50. That's what the checker in Kennet told me
Well why the hell am I working my ass off trying to get a degree? I could be sitting fancy in a little swivel chair, care free, no worries, no stress, making more than 75% of our local population. My tens of thousands in student loans---all a waste of money. By the time I have to pay those off, I'll be averaging about 2 dollars an hour, while Mr. "I sit pretty in my fancy swivel chair" has tons of money to spend on himself, his loved ones, his mistress, his dog and 2 cats in the yard. All the while I will be sweating my ass off, slaving to the man so I can give my paycheck to the man. Damn this country, and it's endless opportunities disquised as crappy jobs. My new goal for the year: become a checker at an Aldi's store.:/

Piggott, AR

#14 Jan 5, 2012
therepenter wrote:
<quoted text>Well why the hell am I working my ass off trying to get a degree? I could be sitting fancy in a little swivel chair, care free, no worries, no stress, making more than 75% of our local population. My tens of thousands in student loans---all a waste of money. By the time I have to pay those off, I'll be averaging about 2 dollars an hour, while Mr. "I sit pretty in my fancy swivel chair" has tons of money to spend on himself, his loved ones, his mistress, his dog and 2 cats in the yard. All the while I will be sweating my ass off, slaving to the man so I can give my paycheck to the man. Damn this country, and it's endless opportunities disquised as crappy jobs. My new goal for the year: become a checker at an Aldi's store.:/
lol.......I already have a student loan debt that is higher than what I owe on my house. I just took a new job at a factory and taking online classes this semester and I'm bringing home more money at the factory than my wife who has been teaching for 8 years. Almost not worth going to college.

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Jan 5, 2012
Captain Insain-O wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.......I already have a student loan debt that is higher than what I owe on my house. I just took a new job at a factory and taking online classes this semester and I'm bringing home more money at the factory than my wife who has been teaching for 8 years. Almost not worth going to college.
It's depressing. lol. After this semester, my student loan debt will be about 30k.:(

Piggott, AR

#16 Jan 5, 2012
therepenter wrote:
<quoted text>It's depressing. lol. After this semester, my student loan debt will be about 30k.:(
I will be at 20 k after this semester. Definitely depressing the more I think about it

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Jan 5, 2012
Captain Insain-O wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be at 20 k after this semester. Definitely depressing the more I think about it
My plan is to always stay in school. Then I never have to pay them back! And I'll probably get tons of random degrees through the years. lol.:) I will eventually not be able to take out more loans, but after I get a couple of degrees I should be able to afford to go half time. I'm sure going half time later will be much cheaper than making my loan payments. I could have bought a shitty house for what I have spent so far. Or a nice car. Or a pontune. Geez. I'm gonna cry.

What do you wanna be when you grow up?

A PROFESSIONAL STUDENT! YAY!
Spell Check It

United States

#18 Jan 5, 2012
therepenter wrote:
<quoted text>
My plan is to always stay in school. Then I never have to pay them back! And I'll probably get tons of random degrees through the years. lol.:) I will eventually not be able to take out more loans, but after I get a couple of degrees I should be able to afford to go half time. I'm sure going half time later will be much cheaper than making my loan payments. I could have bought a shitty house for what I have spent so far. Or a nice car. Or a pontune. Geez. I'm gonna cry.
What do you wanna be when you grow up?
A PROFESSIONAL STUDENT! YAY!
Yikes. You can't spell "pontoon", either? You used to be able to choose who to hire? Wow...simply amazing...

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Jan 6, 2012
Spell Check It wrote:
<quoted text>Yikes. You can't spell "pontoon", either? You used to be able to choose who to hire? Wow...simply amazing...
Actually, a place my family used to go in Florida was called PonTunes. But no, that job didn't require me to quiz applicants on how to spell certain types of boat names. And I'm okay with that. Hopefully, someday, you will be able to accept it as well.

United States

#20 Jan 6, 2012
therepenter wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, a place my family used to go in Florida was called PonTunes. But no, that job didn't require me to quiz applicants on how to spell certain types of boat names. And I'm okay with that. Hopefully, someday, you will be able to accept it as well.
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus 8 min Khatru 416
what if bacon came from kittens? 57 min Marc 163
Wreck tonignt on highway 351 1 hr Guest 6
Hey kait 8 1 hr jibber 18
How do men really feel about their mistress? (Mar '13) 1 hr lovemarriedmen 289
My wife needs a black boyfriend 1 hr Husband 62
North Korea 2 hr SnuffAGlobalist 21
65% of Children Live in Households on Federal A... 2 hr Fo Show 54
Jonesboro Ar. Topix Hero of the Year - 2014 10 hr Not Quite Here 89
Jonesboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jonesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jonesboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jonesboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:00AM
Full AFC, NFC Playoff Outlook, Week 16 Predictions
NBC Sports 6:35 AM
Whitehurst: May not look like it, but we can win
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
ESPN 7:36 AM
Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions