First Prev
of 2
Next Last
outsider

Bossier City, LA

#1 Dec 26, 2008
does it still exist in NEA? what exactly was it? any info?
hello

College Station, TX

#2 Dec 26, 2008
You already know the answer to your first question and it is NO for those who don't know already.
I'm sure your the one who started this same thread on thrb Harrisburg forum would be too much of a coincodence otherwise.
Folks if your interested in this subject you may want to just join the discussion in the Harrisburg forum it's been going on for serveral weeks there.
outsider

Bossier City, LA

#3 Dec 26, 2008
hello wrote:
You already know the answer to your first question and it is NO for those who don't know already.
I'm sure your the one who started this same thread on thrb Harrisburg forum would be too much of a coincodence otherwise.
Folks if your interested in this subject you may want to just join the discussion in the Harrisburg forum it's been going on for serveral weeks there.
oh, i'm sorry. i'm just new to this area and the south and i've heard about it and was just curious, that's all. i will go to the harrisburg forum discussion. thank you for your advise.
Crime Stories

Littleton, CO

#4 Dec 26, 2008
In regards to NE AR past Crime Stories. I would like to know the inside story surrounding Gordon Call & Sheriff Gene Matthews incident. Another one would be the Sheriff (name? forgot) of St Francis County, AR and the castration of Wayne Dumond.
Guest

Lake Charles, LA

#5 Dec 27, 2008
There was an investigation into the Kahl and Matthews incident in 1983 conducted by law enforcement personnel from all over the country. They found many irregularities from the evidence they collected. It couldn't have happened the way the official police reports read.

I recall at least one lawsuit that was filed over this mess by the widow of Kahl. There was some interesting testimony including the admission by a member of the FBI or ATF that he poured diesel fuel into the house and set it on fire after Kahl had been killed. I think the police thought they killed the wrong guy and were trying to burn the body so badly that it couldn't be recognized.

As far as the Dumond case, the sheriff's name was Coolidge Conlee. Dumond was out on bail for the alleged rape of a young girl, purportedly related to Bill Clinton. The story is that two men hog-tied Dumond in his home and castrated him. The sheriff kept Dumond's testicles in a jar of formaldehyde on his desk. I don't know which one was the sicker puppy. They're both dead now.
guest

Trumann, AR

#6 Dec 27, 2008
Guest wrote:
There was an investigation into the Kahl and Matthews incident in 1983 conducted by law enforcement personnel from all over the country. They found many irregularities from the evidence they collected. It couldn't have happened the way the official police reports read.
I recall at least one lawsuit that was filed over this mess by the widow of Kahl. There was some interesting testimony including the admission by a member of the FBI or ATF that he poured diesel fuel into the house and set it on fire after Kahl had been killed. I think the police thought they killed the wrong guy and were trying to burn the body so badly that it couldn't be recognized.
As far as the Dumond case, the sheriff's name was Coolidge Conlee. Dumond was out on bail for the alleged rape of a young girl, purportedly related to Bill Clinton. The story is that two men hog-tied Dumond in his home and castrated him. The sheriff kept Dumond's testicles in a jar of formaldehyde on his desk. I don't know which one was the sicker puppy. They're both dead now.
You think you know about Kahl, but you don't know the truth. You sound like one of the Posse. Only lies.
Guest

Lake Charles, LA

#7 Dec 27, 2008
guest wrote:
<quoted text>You think you know about Kahl, but you don't know the truth. You sound like one of the Posse. Only lies.
I may know far more than you realize.
Man alive

Perrysburg, OH

#8 Dec 29, 2008
These two cases have nothing to do with the original thread however.
Man alive

Perrysburg, OH

#9 Dec 29, 2008
As far as the original thread,look,these are old shadows of things that are gone and done with now.People make mistakes,every one does,and,people can change.Let the dead bury the dead,and,just move on and leave it alone.It's over now,and who cares??Life is here and now,not 20-30 yrs ago.
shooter

Charleston, WV

#10 Dec 29, 2008
the fbi killed kahl in cold blood and had to shoot the sheriff to make it look as if there was a shootout, the fire was set to further destroy evidence that call was murdered, no matter how long ago this was, the facts will never change
reader

Perrysburg, OH

#11 Dec 29, 2008
I personally knew one of the state police investigators that was in that shootout.Gene Matthews and Kahl exchanged gunfire.Gene called out,"I got him!" It was in the paper and also heard by several witnesses.The fire was set to smoke Kahl and others out of the house.It was set in the chimney with diesel soaked towsacks and got out of hand in a hurry.That's just the way that I heard it.
likewise

College Station, TX

#12 Dec 29, 2008
reader wrote:
I personally knew one of the state police investigators that was in that shootout.Gene Matthews and Kahl exchanged gunfire.Gene called out,"I got him!" It was in the paper and also heard by several witnesses.The fire was set to smoke Kahl and others out of the house.It was set in the chimney with diesel soaked towsacks and got out of hand in a hurry.That's just the way that I heard it.
I know one of the State Troopers that was there during this incident and the version of the story he tells is just like this....
reader

Perrysburg, OH

#13 Dec 29, 2008
If I am to guess,I'd say it's probably the same guy.My memory isn't the greatest,but,even tho it's been several yrs ago,I remember the details of the story that he himself personally related to me very well.That's what he told me happened.I'll never believe that the fbi had to shoot the sheriff,what for? Kahl was armed,to begin with.
Naw,I believe the trooper's story.
Guest

Lake Charles, LA

#14 Dec 30, 2008
The bullet that killed the Sheriff entered his armpit and travelled at a downward angle exiting his body near his waist. The shooter was at a higher elevation, and the Sheriff apparenlty had his hands in the air to expose his armpit. Sounds more like an execution than a shootout to me. I think the coroner's report is more reliable than the cover story.
reader

Perrysburg, OH

#15 Dec 30, 2008
Well,whatever.I personally think first account from someone there that participated in the raid is most reliable IMO.
liberty friend

Charleston, WV

#16 Dec 30, 2008
reader wrote:
I personally knew one of the state police investigators that was in that shootout.Gene Matthews and Kahl exchanged gunfire.Gene called out,"I got him!" It was in the paper and also heard by several witnesses.The fire was set to smoke Kahl and others out of the house.It was set in the chimney with diesel soaked towsacks and got out of hand in a hurry.That's just the way that I heard it.
1) experts who examined kahls body report that accelerant would have had to have been poured onto the body for it to burn as much as it did
2) sheriff matthews killed gordon with a single shot in the back, this was the first shot fired and it killed kahl, there was no shootout
3) matthews was killed by a state police officer positioned on a hill overlooking the house and not until about 40 minutes after gordon was killed

you will never here the actual details about this from the men who were actually there, the ginters are the most reliable source for information
reader

Perrysburg, OH

#17 Dec 30, 2008
So what,good granny,HOW many years ago was this???? WHO GIVES A **** anyway?
outsider

Bossier City, LA

#18 Dec 30, 2008
me! as i am the original poster of this thread!
reader wrote:
So what,good granny,HOW many years ago was this???? WHO GIVES A **** anyway?
one question

Hot Springs Village, AR

#19 Dec 30, 2008
Crime Stories wrote:
In regards to NE AR past Crime Stories. I would like to know the inside story surrounding Gordon Call & Sheriff Gene Matthews incident. Another one would be the Sheriff (name? forgot) of St Francis County, AR and the castration of Wayne Dumond.
why?
reader

Perrysburg, OH

#20 Dec 31, 2008
reader wrote:
So what,good granny,HOW many years ago was this???? WHO GIVES A **** anyway?
In that case,maybe you ought to redirect the thread back to your original purpose instead of letting other subjects be discussed as long as you did.unless you just posted your thread to watch a big controversy get started up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hogs have no passing game 46 min soldier 19
NEAR Distict youth talent comp. 53 min guest 2
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr quest 29,845
Court: Chad Taylor's name is off the Kansas ballot 1 hr Barton Farley 1
AR Who do you support for Auditor in Arkansas in 2... (Oct '10) 1 hr KatBrownKohl 244
Jessica anderson hogan 1 hr God 13
Hot girl that can drive tractor?? Where does sh... 1 hr God 3
Police Beat And Kidnap 12-Year-Old Black Girl O... 2 hr Guest 22
Who complained about the cross on ASU football ... 4 hr love it 515
Goodbye Mohajir 6 hr Guest 42
29 Percent of Louisiana Republicans 15 hr guest 33
•••
•••
•••

Jonesboro Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Jonesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Jonesboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jonesboro
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••