Craighead County Teen Accused of Stabbing Dog, Setting House on Fire

Jul 19, 2012 Full story: ArkansasMatters 97

A 16-year-old boy accused of stabbing a dog and setting a relative's house on fire last week is being held by juvenile authorities in Jonesboro.

Full Story
Little Red Riding Hood

Blytheville, AR

#21 Jul 27, 2012
its safe to go to grandmas house cause the BIG BAD WOLF is gone, at least for awhile.
Many people have witnessed the disrespect he shows his mother, mother and daddy should have been busting his ass when he did wrong, but no, they reward Little Johnny with more toys, expensive toys !
I hope the parents wake up before the BIG BAD WOLF comes back home, if not, he may turn on them. He does like to get his way, and if he doesnt get his way, someone or something is gonna pay !

Since: Jul 12

Bellevue, WA

#22 Jul 27, 2012
It seems that there are alot of perfect people in this world. I for one am praying for the family. This isnt easy for them. God is a forgiving God and im trusting that He will send the angels needed to see Ivan and his family through this time and guide them. Also, I just want to say all parents defend their kids,no matter their faults. Its called unconditional love. Dont criticise, pray for them.

United States

#23 Jul 27, 2012
Unfortunately "anangel4u2" there are not any perfect people in this world...yes I know you were attempting to be sarcastic. I disagree...parents should defend their children to a degree but children need to know and understand that actions have consequences and that mommy and daddy can't help you when you commit a felony. One of the many problems with this world is that people believe they can do anything they want and suffer no consequences. This society has gotten to easy on people and too afraid to "hurt someone's feelings". Being able to accept and understand that failure is a part of the cycle of life and that it is required in order to truly achieve success is a concept that most people need to understand and teach the youth.

Bellevue, WA

#24 Jul 27, 2012
"guest" It sounds like you have all the answers. Makes me proud that you are so perfect. I will pray for you too because all you want to do is point out the faults of others. But God is in control of all things. We all have choices, and there are people everywhere with mental issues. Thats why I pray that the right counselors, and professionals are sent to help the family through this. In the meantime, you continue living in your perfect world.

United States

#25 Jul 28, 2012
"anangel" Apparently you don't think that people should learn to deal with consequences. Just for the record, I never claimed to be perfect or have all the answers. If you can't look at our school systems, welfare system and justice system and clearly see that people have no idea what consequences are than it must be wonderful living in your rose colored fantasy world. I actually do agree with you that God is in control. It is however our responsibility while on this earth to know the difference between right and wrong and teach that to our youth.
Anangel4u2isadem on

United States

#26 Jul 28, 2012
AKA fallen angel. Stupid hoe. One of those fakes who try to beat up other people with her "god" and not making any sense at all, better to ignore the ignorant b tch.

I was just surprised it was a boy outside Jtown since I see the same type all over the place here, cussing their parents and worse. You people, probably old "angel" more than most, have totally failed as parents.

Bellevue, WA

#27 Jul 28, 2012
guest wrote:
"anangel" Apparently you don't think that people should learn to deal with consequences. Just for the record, I never claimed to be perfect or have all the answers. If you can't look at our school systems, welfare system and justice system and clearly see that people have no idea what consequences are than it must be wonderful living in your rose colored fantasy world. I actually do agree with you that God is in control. It is however our responsibility while on this earth to know the difference between right and wrong and teach that to our youth.
Im not the one who is pointing fingers at others and im not in your perfect world. So come on out and join me in the real world.

Bellevue, WA

#28 Jul 28, 2012
Anangel4u2isademon wrote:
AKA fallen angel. Stupid hoe. One of those fakes who try to beat up other people with her "god" and not making any sense at all, better to ignore the ignorant b tch.
I was just surprised it was a boy outside Jtown since I see the same type all over the place here, cussing their parents and worse. You people, probably old "angel" more than most, have totally failed as parents.
There isnt any dignity to you. I will send you a psychiatrist to teach you how to be human, cause it obvious you are mentally challenged. Since you had to make a profile to be so big and bad and try to attack me. If you want to take me on send me your address.

United States

#29 Jul 28, 2012
Anangel4u2 wrote:
<quoted text> Im not the one who is pointing fingers at others and im not in your perfect world. So come on out and join me in the real world.
Once again you are incorrect. Never have I pointed a finger at any particular person. I am just simply stating the facts about what we ALL have allowed to occur for entirely too long in our society. If you can not see what is obviously occurring and has been occurring over the last two decades then it is clear that you are living in the parallel world...population 1.

Bellevue, WA

#30 Jul 28, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you are incorrect. Never have I pointed a finger at any particular person. I am just simply stating the facts about what we ALL have allowed to occur for entirely too long in our society. If you can not see what is obviously occurring and has been occurring over the last two decades then it is clear that you are living in the parallel world...population 1.
Its obvious that you have all the answers, and you dont believe that prayer changes things. Im not living in your fantasy world. I LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD, and not in a chat room. Have a great life.

United States

#31 Jul 28, 2012
Anangel4u2 wrote:
<quoted text>Its obvious that you have all the answers, and you dont believe that prayer changes things. Im not living in your fantasy world. I LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD, and not in a chat room. Have a great life.
I have to correct you again. Never once did I say that prayer can't change things. It is very clear to anyone reading the posts who is out of touch with the world....and it is not me. Thank you! I do have a great life.

Bellevue, WA

#32 Jul 28, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to correct you again. Never once did I say that prayer can't change things. It is very clear to anyone reading the posts who is out of touch with the world....and it is not me. Thank you! I do have a great life.
A great life of living in your perfect world and pointing fingers at others. It sure sounds like a great life.

United States

#33 Jul 28, 2012
Anangel4u2 wrote:
<quoted text>A great life of living in your perfect world and pointing fingers at others. It sure sounds like a great life.
When did I point a finger at anyone? I didn't. If you can't come up with an original line for your next post...just save yourself the embarrassment and keep your simple thoughts to yourself. Repeating the same wrong statements makes you look like a fool.
Anangel4u2isadem on

North Little Rock, AR

#34 Jul 28, 2012
Anangel4u2 wrote:
<quoted text>There isnt any dignity to you. I will send you a psychiatrist to teach you how to be human, cause it obvious you are mentally challenged. Since you had to make a profile to be so big and bad and try to attack me. If you want to take me on send me your address.
What's that? Speak up bitch. Learn to speak English. I don't speak demon. You wanna mix it up then brang it, hoe. You got to be used to ass whippins by now, what with that mean pimp you got and all.

Bellevue, WA

#35 Jul 28, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I point a finger at anyone? I didn't. If you can't come up with an original line for your next post...just save yourself the embarrassment and keep your simple thoughts to yourself. Repeating the same wrong statements makes you look like a fool.
Your direct quote was 'Ivan the terrible' No you didnt point fingers. Id say you are the fool. All I suggest is pray for the family, and you harped on eveything from Ivan to people on welfare. Pray for the world to be perfect and at peace, just like you

Bellevue, WA

#36 Jul 28, 2012
Anangel4u2isademon wrote:
<quoted text>
What's that? Speak up bitch. Learn to speak English. I don't speak demon. You wanna mix it up then brang it, hoe. You got to be used to ass whippins by now, what with that mean pimp you got and all.
provide me your address and I will be right there. Im not afraid. You need to get a life.

United States

#38 Jul 29, 2012
I hope this child is locked up in a mental facility for a very long time getting the help he needs from someone other than the parents who you all say ignore the childs crys for help.

United States

#39 Jul 29, 2012
Anangel4u2 wrote:
<quoted text>Your direct quote was 'Ivan the terrible' No you didnt point fingers. Id say you are the fool. All I suggest is pray for the family, and you harped on eveything from Ivan to people on welfare. Pray for the world to be perfect and at peace, just like you
You have mistaken my posts with someone else. I never referred to the individual that this thread was started about.
also guest

United States

#40 Jul 29, 2012
We should all come together and try as human beings to ensure this child gets proper treatment. His parents refuse to believe he did anything wrong but the justice systems seems to think other wise. We should be concerned and praying for this family.
oh my

Jonesboro, AR

#41 Jul 29, 2012
I have kids that attend school with this child. My child come home upset because kids was bullying and making fun of him his first week of school at riverside. I asked if they had told the teacher or someone in charge what was going and they said they did several times. The things the kids was saying and doing to him was AWFUL!!!! Do you think it was stopped???? NO NO NO!!! My heart aches for this teen because it seems he doesnt have any where to turn and do you really think he is going to get help now? Locked up is not the answer to ALL the problems. Sometimes we have dig deeper than whats at hand. Sad.
What was done was very wrong but then again he is a minor. I think the parents has got to be held accountable. I am afraid this could have been A LOT WORSE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox News: Its Viewers Are the Most Misinformed 4 min Disclaimer 11
ebola hits dallas 8 min Disclaimer 726
Jonesboro liberals on topix is crazy! 8 min Guest 13
Massage Envy Spa 8 min Not Good 11
Voting machine 12 min Guest 1
Tom Cotton ships $292,000 to mystery group with... 13 min Disclaimer 5
ISSIS is the ultimate modern evil 36 min Telmesumpin 1
Asa = Bad for Arkansas 1 hr Fo Show 90
T - 29 Days until Midterm Elections 2 hr Guest 283
Arkansas Early Voting - Rock the Vote! 4 hr Obola 172