Legitpain

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

Here is my problem: I have chronic pain, for reasons I don't want to get into...I went to a dr to fix the problem. Was in process of having CT's, MRI's & PT to pinpoint the exact cause when my husband lost his job & subsequently the insurance. In the meantime, I was Rx'd several types of pain meds. Then found I actually need at least 2 surgeries to correct this. This has been ongoing for a little over a year. My husband got another job, hence new insurance but now my "problem" is quoted as pre-existing & insurance won't pay for surgery. I can not even move my legs sometimes in the mornings without pain meds. But...I also have become a severe addict! I need to find a dr who can help me get off these VERY strong pain meds & at the same time help me pain manage until I save the money for my surgeries. Any suggestions?

Big Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

Glad to have helped. I know how you feel....I have hurt to the point of debating if I wanted to be here anymore at all.

Just hang in there, you will find some relief.

I think that is one of the reasons that I liked Dr Savu and respected him so much. You sound alot like me and my opinion on pain meds. I don't really even like to talk about my pain with family and friends because it is so taboo that when someone is expressing pain, they are wanting pain meds..........I have been so paranoid that people would 'think' that I was wanting pain meds to the point that I just don't even talk about hurting, when sometimes I can hardly breathe from it.
Anyway, he was quite the opposite of that for me anyway..........I went in and made it clear that I had not been taking meds and did NOT want any and he was so concerned and just listened and promised me that he was going to help me and to not cry and worry about it to just trust him and give him some time. When you find someone that actually knows how you feel and you don't really even have to get into details and they 'get it', it just overwhelms you, doesn't it?? It does me anyway. He actually made me cry with his understanding and compassion.

Anyway, glad that you found some of the answers that you were looking for. Hope you get relief quickly !!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Legitpain wrote:
Here is my problem: I have chronic pain, for reasons I don't want to get into...I went to a dr to fix the problem. Was in process of having CT's, MRI's & PT to pinpoint the exact cause when my husband lost his job & subsequently the insurance. In the meantime, I was Rx'd several types of pain meds. Then found I actually need at least 2 surgeries to correct this. This has been ongoing for a little over a year. My husband got another job, hence new insurance but now my "problem" is quoted as pre-existing & insurance won't pay for surgery. I can not even move my legs sometimes in the mornings without pain meds. But...I also have become a severe addict! I need to find a dr who can help me get off these VERY strong pain meds & at the same time help me pain manage until I save the money for my surgeries. Any suggestions?
It might be worth the cost of a consultation for you to explain your situation to a pain doc and see if they would let you make payments. He might be able to help you set up a surgery with the same type of pay-offs. Some surgeons actually do some surgeries for free or at reduced cost in the same way lawyers do pro-bono work. I sympathise with your predicament because I got caught in the same situation when I was switching insurance carriers to get a more comprehensive plan for me and my family. I have been fortunate that I was able to pay cash but it was expensive. This is exactly why I've been an advocate for healthcare reform--too many good people get caught in similar circumstances due to our for-profit health insurance providers!
rulookingatme

Big Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Judged:

I have never in my life heard of a surgeon doing work for free in Jonesboro Arkansas and I have worked in healthcare at one of the hospitals since the 80's.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

There was actually an article about 2 or 3 years ago about a young girl that got a surgery done in Jonesboro and all of the members of the surgical team donated their services. Don't remember any of the particulars, but do remember the story. I would imagine it's not something they would advertise for fear of being deluged with request.
tailgator

State University, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2010

My husband has seen both doctors. Gera was a jerk. He fixed my husbands problem, but had no bedside manner. In fact at one point my husband and him were yelling at eachother...So when my husbands back started to hurt due to a old injury, he tried Savu. Much better. He is kind but direct. He insist that he is going to help but you have to help as well. Do the things he asks, including the exercising and you will be healed. But it is very exspensive! 2 separte bills every time we go in. I cant imagine how much it would be without insurance!
MiketheApostate

State University, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2010

He's a good guy, though I don't know him personally. I used to deliver pizza to him though, and he was always very polite and a good tipper. Once he actually gave me a hundred dollar bill by accident on a small order. When I took it back to him later that night, he was so happy that he gave me a tip for twenty-five. Good guy, like I said.
Nightowl

Beebe, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2010

I had to go to him about 3 years ago for disk problems and he was great. He always knew whoni was even when I saw him in public. He was focused on pin pointing the source of my pain and treating it in order to avoid back surgery because I was only 20 years old. He gave me core strengthin exercises and I have been pain free ever since.
jonesboro neighbor

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2010

well my opinion wrote:
Dr Gera is the only one I would ever go to. Savu is only nice to the YOUNG pretty women. The way he treats his patients, I can only imagine how he treats his wife and son---and mother in law. I've just heard too many people say the same thing about his temper with patients---hey they are paying him, and he treats them that way and cusses them, I don't think so---NO THANKS Dr Savu---Dr Gera treats his patients with respect.
went to suvu he mean,8yrs. later after went to gera he is good doc. an very nice and the cages they put in my bak messed me up worse but so far blocks and burnin nerves help alot.
yancey

Midland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2010

hats off to dr.suvu he is a really good dr.i go to him he explain his self his work is the bomb i am proud to say i live in newport it is worth the drive over there.
AliciaSmith

Osceola, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Well I just went to him today for the second time. The first time he was ok but this time it was diffrent. I agree that he is there to help his patients tryying not to have them take the pain meds.I was suppose to have another block done but I canceled it because it hurt really bad and I'm afraid to have it done again. I have a fear of needles and of course my aniexty doesn't help either. His attitude was diffrent this time and told me he didn't want to contibute to given me any more meds.I wanted to talk more about the blocks but I couldn't get in a word edge wise because I was so upset by the way he was talking to me. He told me to go meditate and think about whether or not I wanted to call him back and I assume that meant with the blocks and just walked out of the room. He gave me a weeks worth of meds and sent me back to my primary physician. I am not a pill seeker, but he made me feel like I was. He knows I'm in pain and the condition that I have. Some of what he was saying is true about trying to get off the meds and I have no problem with that. Just didn't like the way he talked to me today and just walked out.
scared

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2012

i have appt march 2nd now i dont wanna go :'( i have been in such pain and i cannot take being treated like this i kno i will cry. i guess i will secretly record our first visit to cover my tail.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2012

I went to Savu about 1 1/2 yrs. ago for my migraines. He wanted to do a nerve block on me the next time I came in. He told me to exercise and do some yoga which I started doing but had to stop because when I do inversions that makes my headaches worse. Anyway, I did not go back and get the block because it was going to cost me over 1,000.00 out of my pocket and I couldn't afford it. However, Dr. Savu was very very nice. I was terrified to go to him but he was super nice. Very direct and to the point but I like that in a person. You should not be afraid at all to do. If you're above board and honest with him you'll be fine. He's super nice and his staff is also. I just wish I could get some help for my headaches. Good luck to you!
scared

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2012

how does he react if ur scared of shots? there is something about a needle in my back that freaks me out! i dont wanna be kicked out cuz im sooo scared. i dont wanna be cussed at cuz i swear if he mistreats me I WILL SUE HIM ! all i want is help, a gentle hand who has a compassionate heart. i dont think thats alot to ask for especially when one is paying for it. im not looking for pain pills either i hate pills and hate how they make me feel:(
scared

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

ok heres what i thought.
1) verrrry caring and ez to talk to.
2)im NO beauty and he treated me with respect.
3) expensive but he is good.
4) i was freaked about four needles in my back but he was gentle and quick.
5) i will go back for round 2 and 3
-happy-
guess

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

scared wrote:
how does he react if ur scared of shots? there is something about a needle in my back that freaks me out! i dont wanna be kicked out cuz im sooo scared. i dont wanna be cussed at cuz i swear if he mistreats me I WILL SUE HIM ! all i want is help, a gentle hand who has a compassionate heart. i dont think thats alot to ask for especially when one is paying for it. im not looking for pain pills either i hate pills and hate how they make me feel:(
you are going to love him then! I went to him several years ago, and must say that he was awesome. Kind, caring, compassionate, gentle.
I was scared to death also, and I think that caused him to be even nicer to me than usual.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

what I think wrote:
I went to Dr. Gera because I heard Dr. Savu curses his patients and has a attitude with them. I was sooooooo pleased with Dr Gera and his staff. He fixed me up and it has been over 2 yrs and I am still pain free. To me Dr.Gera can't be beat!!! Give him a try. So many people have told me how he has helped them.
I went with a friend and Dr. Savu did cursed at her.He want her to take differnt pain pills and some other med. she said she was not going to take them and asked if there was anything besides pain meds b/c she wanted something other than that.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

tailgator wrote:
My husband has seen both doctors. Gera was a jerk. He fixed my husbands problem, but had no bedside manner. In fact at one point my husband and him were yelling at eachother...So when my husbands back started to hurt due to a old injury, he tried Savu. Much better. He is kind but direct. He insist that he is going to help but you have to help as well. Do the things he asks, including the exercising and you will be healed. But it is very exspensive! 2 separte bills every time we go in. I cant imagine how much it would be without insurance!
Bull! I did everything he told me to do and it did not help at all, so he called me a liar to my face and said he didnt believe me. I am in my 60's and dont make a habit of lying. I wouldn't send a dog to Savu.
logic

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Legitpain wrote:
Remember, it is NOT logical for him to provide a way for you to GET OFF the meds... I practically begged him to help. He said, "Go to Bridgeway". If you are truly wanting to get off the meds, Insurance will pay for Suboxone (Buprenorphine/Nalexone) treatment. It is a VERY strong agonist/antagonist to the Mu (or Opoid) receptor. It does not give the euphoric feeling, but does effectively get rid of ALL withdrawal symptoms by binding to the opoid recptors for up to 72 hours. Over the course of a few months, you SLOWLY reduce amount of Suboxone till you are off of it. Buprenorphine is VERY STRONG, so DO NOT TRY to ween off quickly. But, if you follow rules , you will get off the opoids relatively comfortably. Worked for me twice (had another wreck and more surgery).
FORMER PATIENT

Lindale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

still in pain wrote:
terrible place and terrible people,no help, just herding us through like cattle, no respect for our privacy or modesty, would never go back
COULD NOT AGREE MORE! I WAS A LONG TERM PATIENT AND WAS TREATED HORRIBLY DURING A FAMILY CRISIS(DEATH)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

160 Users are viewing the Jonesboro Forum right now

Search the Jonesboro Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Rodney Robbins a Creep ? 2 min gailfromparkin 50
Liars 4 min Guest 22
Hillary Clinton, a mistake for 2016 (Apr '13) 14 min Rupert B Jigglebottom 2,446
GOP Voted Against 7 Bills to Help Veterans 22 min Guest 7
milita heading to the border 29 min Rupert B Jigglebottom 450
Land clearing at Hilltop 35 min Eric 7
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr guest 29,059
Wet/Dry issue 1 hr guest 228
Duck Dynasty --- is it over? 2 hr Arkansaw 49
What is your deepest secret? 3 hr guest 29
Baggers Used to Bltch about Jack Booted Thugs b... 6 hr Duh 41
•••
•••
•••
Jonesboro Dating