The Tribune Democrat, Johnstown, PA - No charges recommended in pregnant woman's drug death

Jun 5, 2008 | Posted by: mike1975 | Full story: www.tribune-democrat.com

A Cambria County coroner's jury recommended Thursday that nobody should be held criminally responsible for the drug overdose of a pregnant Johnstown woman, even through her husband told police he bought the ...

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jan 26, 2012

Since: May 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2008

Judged:

This happened near where I live, I cant believe the husband is not facing any charges, Yes I know she took the shit on her own, but he brought it in their home. The husband and the dealer who sold it to him should be held accountable for her death as well as the babies. There is no justice for the ones who die from Methadone, the law protects the drug dealers and users and its not right!!!!!

“METHADONE=DEATHA DONE”

Since: Feb 08

Portsmouth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2008

Judged:

I agree completely. This is horrendous how the dealers get by. Sure she had the option to NOT use, but NO ONE should pay with their life, NO ONE!!! Her husband if no one else should have some form of criminal punishment, it killed their unborn child for pete's sake. She has already "paid" and paid dearly from that lethal mistake, he should pay as well as the dealer. But they shield and protect each other.

Since: May 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2008

Judged:

Yes they Shield each other!! And what really tops it off The husband made a comment that he thought she was selfish because she took the Methadone and didnt save him any. OMG now come on.

“GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!”

Since: Apr 08

Still there......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2008

Judged:

Angel_Matts_Mom wrote:
Yes they Shield each other!! And what really tops it off The husband made a comment that he thought she was selfish because she took the Methadone and didnt save him any. OMG now come on.
That was what made my jaw drop too. How could someone say that?

“METHADONE=DEATHA DONE”

Since: Feb 08

Portsmouth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2008

Angel_Matts_Mom wrote:
What a last thought to take to your last breath. With that statement alone it just floors me that there are no charges being brought. It goes without saying what I would do had it been my child. I pray every day to find the scum that provided Tim with that lethal shit. May they rot in hell

Since: Jun 08

Wolfeboro, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2008

Judged:

The whole story is ridiculous. The woman to take these drugs while PREGNANT, the man to say what he did, to bring the drugs into the home, it's his baby too. It just sickens me.
paul

Johnstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

Judged:

mike1975 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was what made my jaw drop too. How could someone say that?
because drug addiction is an very powerful and you would know nothing about anything if she didn't take his half of the drugs she might be alive today that mans intentions werent malace intent he told the turth and i can respect that not to many poeple would this man lost everything he loved and cxared about we are all humans and we all fuck up once in a while dont judge thats what GOD is for

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Johnstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 10 hr Dem voter 51,296
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 20 hr PA INDEPENDENT 3,906
What happened to IUP's party scene? Mon Lol 13
Review: Carpenter Financial Services Aug 18 Satisifed Client 1
Moxham's Village Street school (Oct '11) Aug 16 usmsenior 24
Wilkes University creates support team, hires c... Jul 31 Picard III 2
The First African American to travel into the C... Jul 31 NationalNews 1

Search the Johnstown Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Johnstown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000