Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions

Created by KarenS in the Maintenance & Repair Message Board. Your Host is mr_shiftright What is this discussion about? Chevrolet Malibu, Chevrolet Malibu Maxx, Sedan, Electric, Engine # 2962 of 2971 Visor and ... Full Story
kramer

Trumbull, CT

#21 Aug 17, 2006
John wrote:
Your 4 way hazzard switch has a cold solder joint in it, there is a recall on some 2000 to 200? Malibu's. Call dealer with your VIN to see if it is included in the recall. My 2000 Malibu had same problem but wasn't in the recall list, cost me $40.00 Canadian for switch. Replaced switch myself took 30 minutes.

Can whoever did this tell me the location of the hazard switch or how to do it? Please!!!!
HELP PLEASE

Calgary, Canada

#22 Aug 17, 2006
I have a 2002 Malibu and today my remote door opener, gas guage and temp guage and Air conditioning alls stopped working. Now yester the THEFT SYSTEM light came on the went out after I restarted the car but from that point the above mentioned stopped. Is this a fuse? a relay.? Can someone please help me. Thanks in advance.
Deborah A McBride

United States

#23 Aug 18, 2006
I have had problems with my rotors warping three months into owning my Malibu. I have had 5 new sets of rotors on the vehicle and the last set started warping 3 weeks after they were changed. Does anyone know if there is a recall or recourse for this costly defect?
Raul

United States

#24 Aug 18, 2006
First 2 positions on AC switch died any suggestions?
mark oddy

Vancouver, Canada

#26 Aug 18, 2006
i just purchased a 2006 malibu maxx and was wondering if anybody has had any trouble with the car starter remote
Nikki in NC

Jacksonville, NC

#27 Aug 22, 2006
granleli wrote:
Can someone tell me what my miles to the gal should be in town for my 2000 malibu LS?...I have had it 2 years but just now checked my mileage....I get 19 miles in town. Is that normal?
Yes, that's normal. I have a 200 Malibu and get about 18-20 in town and maybe 25 highway.
abdul

Pfafftown, NC

#28 Aug 22, 2006
yes, my 2002 Malibu uses a gallon every 19 miles driving in the city.
It even has a pretty good highway milage, 29 miles a gallon. Last summer I traveled 500 miles from N.C. to P.A. and only used one tank!!! maybe its because I used the cruise control the whole time...
Ken W

Mesa, AZ

#29 Aug 23, 2006
Deborah A McBride wrote:
I have had problems with my rotors warping three months into owning my Malibu. I have had 5 new sets of rotors on the vehicle and the last set started warping 3 weeks after they were changed. Does anyone know if there is a recall or recourse for this costly defect?
Sounds like you are not using the proper brake pad with the rotor. Ensure you are using the porcellin brake pads with the manufactures rotors. I feel this is an engineering problem that GM should resolve. Good luck, Ken W
Larry

Fort Wayne, IN

#30 Aug 24, 2006
Raul wrote:
You probably have a bad blower motor resistor. I've replaced 2 on my '98 for the same symptom. It is fairly easy to change. It is up under the glove box by the firewall so you may have to take a panel off to get to it
Jason

Dodgeville, WI

#31 Aug 24, 2006
Raul wrote:
Blower motor resistor
Malcolm

Pleasanton, CA

#32 Aug 25, 2006
Michael wrote:
My 2004 Maxx has the turn signal issue on the left front. While getting that repaired, I found out the back disk brakes had 10% left on them, the fronts are hardly worn - estimated cost by the dealer $480. Current milage is 23,800 miles, no towing or heavy hauling. Is anybody else having brake issues? Any comments or solutions?
I heard the "warning squeal" of brake pads last week and with 95,000 miles on my 2004 Max brought it in for front pads. Turns out the front pads were 60% used, but the squeal was coming from metal to metal on a worn out pad in the rear. The repair shop was just as surprised as I was - usually get two to three times as much wear out of rear brakes, than front ones. On top of that the rear brake pads do not have audible wear indicators, so another couple of days riding metal to metal would have resulted in the cost of a new rotor. The rear pads were not even at the dealership - had to be special ordered from the Reno wherehouse. Todays bill:$249.00 including removal of ront & rear calipers, rotors resurfaced and GM pads installed in the back.
jeff

Cambridge, MN

#33 Aug 26, 2006
my 2005 malibu maxx wont blow heat, coolant level fine I even took out the ac fuses I thought it was stuck on any help
Sherri

Farmington, MI

#34 Aug 27, 2006
My 2002 malibu has a wierd electical problem. The gas gauge and temperature gauge does not work. The radio stays on and the keyless entry does not work. Does anyone have any ideas on what is wrong with the car, or how to fix this problem.
Jim

Boston, MA

#35 Aug 28, 2006
I have the same issue with my 2004 Malibu, the rear disc's are rusted and worn out. The fronts are in great shape.
Michael wrote:
My 2004 Maxx has the turn signal issue on the left front. While getting that repaired, I found out the back disk brakes had 10% left on them, the fronts are hardly worn - estimated cost by the dealer $480. Current milage is 23,800 miles, no towing or heavy hauling. Is anybody else having brake issues? Any comments or solutions?
Jim

Boston, MA

#36 Aug 28, 2006
My 2004 Malibu horn has failed twice now, is this common?
Jim

Boston, MA

#37 Aug 28, 2006
My steering unit failed early on in my 2004 Malibu and now it clunks when you turn, the dealer said GM knows its an issue but has no solutions. Does anyone's have the same issue with their Malibu?
Sherri

Farmington, MI

#38 Aug 28, 2006
I have had simular problems with my 2002, and I wanted to know if you found out what the problem was with your car and what you did to fix the problem.
ANITA LIVINGSTON

AOL

#39 Aug 28, 2006
MY 2004 MALIBU LT HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT TROUBLE FROM DAY ONE BAD BRAKES BAD KNOCKING IN STEERING COLUMN. AND ALOTS MORE PROBLEMS STILL EXIST. WINDOWS NOT GOING UP AND DOWN. RADIO & AIR CONDITONER SYSTEM REPLACED TWICE. YOU NAME IT, IT IS WRONG WITH THIS CAR. I THINK GENERAL MOTORS SHOULD HAVE TO ANSWER TO THIS MESS WE ARE PAYING FOR!!!!!!!!!!
ANITA LIVINGSTON

AOL

#40 Aug 28, 2006
AS MUCH AS I LOVE MY 2004 MALIBU MY BOSS IS TIRED OF ME TAKING OFF WORK TO STAY IN THE REPAIR SHOP EVERYTHING ON THIS CAR IS A MESS AND BY THE TIME YOU GET TIRED OF REPAIRS AND STILL HAVE LARGE NOTES TO PAY AND GET READY TO GIVE UP TO THE LEMON LAW THEN IT'S TO LATE TO FILE!!!!!!!!!!ANOTHER RIP OFF!! NO MORE CHEVROLET OR GM'S FOR ME.
Dan

Newington, CT

#41 Aug 29, 2006
I have a 2006 malibu rental and the 12 volt plug in cig. lighter don't work so the GPS don't work very long. where is the fuse for this?the fuse box under the hood does not list cigarette lighter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 45 min xxxrayted 31,462
New bus line targets New Albany commuters Sep 21 They cannot kill ... 15
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 19 Vic 231
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
The late Jerry Halls wife Sep 7 flossy2 1
Subway Robbery Named Crime Of Week | WBNS-10TV,... (Aug '10) Sep 4 Motherof2 30
A great experiance at an auto body shop (Mar '08) Aug '14 Pedro Cintas 4
Johnstown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Johnstown Jobs

Johnstown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Johnstown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Johnstown

Personal Finance