Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions

Created by KarenS in the Maintenance & Repair Message Board. Your Host is mr_shiftright What is this discussion about? Chevrolet Malibu, Chevrolet Malibu Maxx, Sedan, Electric, Engine # 2962 of 2971 Visor and ... Full Story
travis c

Montross, VA

#2342 May 25, 2012
Misty and Jimmy wrote:
I have a 99 malbui and I got in a reck n I fixed it but now my headlights stay on all day n night n I can't turn them off any ideads on what to do?
They are supposed to be on all the time.
Nora

Lady Lake, FL

#2343 May 31, 2012
i have a 2005 malibu, the hazzrd signal keeps going off and a bell started dinging right after that some smoke came formthe steering colume. has any had this with their chevy????
Volt Owner

Mount Pleasant, SC

#2344 Jun 1, 2012
Nora wrote:
i have a 2005 malibu, the hazzrd signal keeps going off and a bell started dinging right after that some smoke came formthe steering colume. has any had this with their chevy????
Why...yes!
Angel

Adelanto, CA

#2345 Jun 2, 2012
I have a 2004 Chevy malibu maxx, I started to get a 'plunger' sound when braking coming from the front end. I recently replaced rotors and pads and still have that sound. I feel nothing wrong with braking but concerned about it.
drake

Columbus, OH

#2346 Jun 2, 2012
Angel wrote:
I have a 2004 Chevy malibu maxx, I started to get a 'plunger' sound when braking coming from the front end. I recently replaced rotors and pads and still have that sound. I feel nothing wrong with braking but concerned about it.
That 'plunger' sound is actually the sound of a GM product sucking up your money. The only fix is to trade up to a real vehicle.
stu

Columbus, OH

#2347 Jun 2, 2012
stacey wrote:
I have a 2010 chevy Malibu. If i have the air or heat on i will turn it off the block away from my house.I will park my car, turn key off and pull out my keys. I will go back out later and my heater or air will be on blowing out my vents with car parked, off and keys out. No one can tell me whats wrong. HELP ME!!!!
Most likely a bad blower motor relay. Just pull the fuse until you can get it fixed. Refer owner's manual for specific fuse to pull... should say HVAC or HVAC blower.
Angel

Adelanto, CA

#2348 Jun 2, 2012
drake wrote:
<quoted text>
That 'plunger' sound is actually the sound of a GM product sucking up your money. The only fix is to trade up to a real vehicle.
Thanx Drake, ya just made my day! lol
2002MalibuProbz

Clarksville, TN

#2349 Jun 10, 2012
I have a 2002 Malibu Base and I notice the little hole on the side of the driver's door on the door handle. It looks like a place for the mirror switch but it isn't. Oh and it doesn't have power windows, just manual. Any ideas of what is that hole?
Armando

United States

#2350 Jun 12, 2012
2005 malibu 4 cylinder A/c works but sometimes it starts throwing hot air need to stop and trun off the car and than start the car up and a/c starts blowing cold air again is it possed or what ?
fenzco

La Crosse, WI

#2351 Jun 20, 2012
My windshield washer pump for my 2006 Maxx has 2hoses leading from it, but I don't see where it attaches on the rear window. what am I missing
zak

Columbus, OH

#2352 Jun 20, 2012
fenzco wrote:
My windshield washer pump for my 2006 Maxx has 2hoses leading from it, but I don't see where it attaches on the rear window. what am I missing
The second hose doesn't go to the rear window. It goes to the muffler bearing to rinse it off whenever you use the windshield washer.
zak

Columbus, OH

#2353 Jun 20, 2012
2002MalibuProbz wrote:
I have a 2002 Malibu Base and I notice the little hole on the side of the driver's door on the door handle. It looks like a place for the mirror switch but it isn't. Oh and it doesn't have power windows, just manual. Any ideas of what is that hole?
That hole is a feature found in the base model Malibu. It's purpose is to remind you that you bought a base model that doesn't have options available in a higher grade model.
DeskTop

Carrollton, TX

#2354 Jun 21, 2012
My first car was a Chevy Malibu convertible and I'll never forget it. Baby blue, white top, cruising action. Sweeeeet memory lane.
daryl b

Grand Rapids, MI

#2355 Jun 25, 2012
02 malibu wrote:
<quoted text>
the turn signal indicator, costs about 300.00 CDN plus taxes
replace the turn signal flasher or clean up the grease on the turn signal switch where the contacts meet.the grease gets metal in it and bridges across the switch.
James

Fairfield, CA

#2356 Jun 26, 2012
Hi i have a 98 chevy malibu and i drove it to the park and when i tried to leave the car started but it wouldnt steer. the steering wheel will turn to the left endlesly but the wheels wont move and the steering will wont turn to the right at all and there was a bunch of fluid leaking from the bottom of the car. Can you please tell me whats wrong with it?
geeze

New York, NY

#2357 Jun 26, 2012
pleasant news
Alyson

Boston, MA

#2358 Jul 10, 2012
some one please help!! 2004 malibu ls with 179k miles. starting to shake really bad once ou hit the speed of about 70-75mph. also, can no longer lock the doors from the switches inside the car or the key hole (key fobs dont work!). can only unlock doors??? AND - when i open the door, whether its locked or not locked the alarm goes off?? someone PLEASE help me!!!
dee

Henderson, NV

#2359 Jul 10, 2012
I'm very happy with my Malibu. One small problem with the turn signal handle it's a 50 dollar part and easy to replace I just keep putting it off. Now my question is, I want to install a voltage regulator however I'm having some trouble locating grounding points. Can anyone tell me where I might find these?
repair dude

Columbus, OH

#2360 Jul 13, 2012
Alyson wrote:
some one please help!! 2004 malibu ls with 179k miles. starting to shake really bad once ou hit the speed of about 70-75mph. also, can no longer lock the doors from the switches inside the car or the key hole (key fobs dont work!). can only unlock doors??? AND - when i open the door, whether its locked or not locked the alarm goes off?? someone PLEASE help me!!!
Stay below 70 mph to avoid shaking.

Keep the windows rolled down and climb in/out thru the openings so you don't have to use the doors.
repair dude

Columbus, OH

#2361 Jul 13, 2012
James wrote:
Hi i have a 98 chevy malibu and i drove it to the park and when i tried to leave the car started but it wouldnt steer. the steering wheel will turn to the left endlesly but the wheels wont move and the steering will wont turn to the right at all and there was a bunch of fluid leaking from the bottom of the car. Can you please tell me whats wrong with it?
Left turn signal has low air pressure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 14 min Old Guy 31,477
New bus line targets New Albany commuters Sep 21 They cannot kill ... 15
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 19 Vic 231
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
The late Jerry Halls wife Sep 7 flossy2 1
Subway Robbery Named Crime Of Week | WBNS-10TV,... (Aug '10) Sep 4 Motherof2 30
A great experiance at an auto body shop (Mar '08) Aug '14 Pedro Cintas 4

Johnstown Jobs

Johnstown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Johnstown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Johnstown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]