Assault in downtown JC...... Please spread the story

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
support JCPD

Johnson City, TN

#3 Feb 18, 2014
A Johnson City woman who walked up on the aftermath of a downtown assault early Sunday said the incident was similar to the so-called Knockout game.

Johnson City police released limited details about the assault, but indicated they need the publics help in finding who is responsible.

Matthew Brookshire, 21, Bristol, Tenn. was found unconscious and bleeding on the sidewalk near the crosswalk on State of Franklin Road between two public parking lots.

A police report indicates there were no eye witnesses, but only people who walked up on the victim. But according to Breedings account, there were witnesses to the attack that reportedly involved several black men who assaulted Brookshire then ran off.

He was waiting to cross the road and the black males, one of them hit him in the head, said Katelyn Breeding.

She said it was similar to whats referred to Knockout, which is reportedly when one or more assailants try to knock out an unsuspecting person with a single sucker punch. Police have not confirmed any information about the assault being a result of Knockout.

Im not sure if thats what happened, Breeding said.I didnt actually see it, but her information was second-hand from eye-witnesses to the attack, she said.

One of them walked up and hit him in the head and he hit his head on the crosswalk pole and they were hitting and kicking him, she said.

Breeding and a friend had been out in downtown Johnson City and were walking to their car parked in the Cherry Street lot near the Battery, she said.

We walked through the breezeway to public parking. There were five or six black males who ran by us talking and yelling about they had been in a fight. They were yelling,We got him, we got him, and We beat his ass, we beat his ass, Breeding said

Read more: UPDATE: Woman compares assault to Knockout game, JC police need help with investigation | Johnson City Press http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/article/11459...
Follow us:@JCPress on Twitter | JohnsonCityPress on Facebook
shh

Johnson City, TN

#4 Feb 18, 2014
he was probably talking a bunch of shit
support JCPD

Johnson City, TN

#5 Feb 18, 2014
A Johnson City woman who walked up on the aftermath of a downtown assault early Sunday said the incident was similar to the so-called Knockout game.

Johnson City police released limited details about the assault, but indicated they need the publics help in finding who is responsible.

Matthew Brookshire, 21, Bristol, Tenn. was found unconscious and bleeding on the sidewalk near the crosswalk on State of Franklin Road between two public parking lots.

A police report indicates there were no eye witnesses, but only people who walked up on the victim. But according to Breedings account, there were witnesses to the attack that reportedly involved several black men who assaulted Brookshire then ran off.

He was waiting to cross the road and the black males, one of them hit him in the head, said Katelyn Breeding.

She said it was similar to whats referred to Knockout, which is reportedly when one or more assailants try to knock out an unsuspecting person with a single sucker punch. Police have not confirmed any information about the assault being a result of Knockout.

Im not sure if thats what happened, Breeding said.I didnt actually see it, but her information was second-hand from eye-witnesses to the attack, she said.

One of them walked up and hit him in the head and he hit his head on the crosswalk pole and they were hitting and kicking him, she said.

Breeding and a friend had been out in downtown Johnson City and were walking to their car parked in the Cherry Street lot near the Battery, she said.

We walked through the breezeway to public parking. There were five or six black males who ran by us talking and yelling about they had been in a fight. They were yelling,We got him, we got him, and We beat his ass, we beat his ass, Breeding said

Read more: UPDATE: Woman compares assault to Knockout game, JC police need help with investigation | Johnson City Press http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/article/11459 ...
Lefty

Kingsport, TN

#6 Feb 18, 2014
support JCPD wrote:
Read more: UPDATE: Woman compares assault to Knockout game, JC police need help with investigation | Johnson City Press http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/article/11459 ...
Yes, it is a shame when someone cannot walk down the street without thugabees attacking them. Young folk are attracted to downtown after dark to visit music venues and such and shouldn't need to be on the defense against thugs. I am not trying to be racist, but the majority of these attacks are from black teens trying to be bad asses and are mostly focused against white kids or anyone seemingly vulnerable. Seriously, how bad do you have to be to sucker punch someone with backup from your hoodlum friends? In spite of the negative comments that will follow, I recommend anyone downtown after dark carry some backup, whether it is mace or a sidearm. Of course you might be hauled downtown to the jail for possession of a concealed, but it sure is better than getting your brains beaten out by a gang of lowlife.
Sammy

Kingsport, TN

#7 Feb 19, 2014
Lefty wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it is a shame when someone cannot walk down the street without thugabees attacking them. Young folk are attracted to downtown after dark to visit music venues and such and shouldn't need to be on the defense against thugs. I am not trying to be racist, but the majority of these attacks are from black teens trying to be bad asses and are mostly focused against white kids or anyone seemingly vulnerable. Seriously, how bad do you have to be to sucker punch someone with backup from your hoodlum friends? In spite of the negative comments that will follow, I recommend anyone downtown after dark carry some backup, whether it is mace or a sidearm. Of course you might be hauled downtown to the jail for possession of a concealed, but it sure is better than getting your brains beaten out by a gang of lowlife.
I suggest getting a concealed gun carry permit, and if threatened shoot their sorry behinds. If a person is in fear for their life, they are allowed to shoot the perpetrators, and that is the law. That might stop some of these heathens from beating up on the innocent.
Peggy

Johnson City, TN

#8 Feb 19, 2014
All I can say, is SOMEBODY knows something! It will catch up to them! Prayers to the family. &#128519;
crime

Johnson City, TN

#9 Feb 20, 2014
please spread this story, someone knows or seen something. all it takes is a phone call to JCPD. this young man didn't deserve to have this action done. no one does!!!!!!
Law

United States

#10 Feb 24, 2014
Anyone been charged for this yet?
LAWless

Blowing Rock, NC

#11 Feb 24, 2014
dnot think so.
Jocelyn

United States

#12 Feb 25, 2014
So why can't they get who did this.
Bystander

United States

#13 Feb 25, 2014
Was there any witnesses to this act
Witness

United States

#14 Feb 26, 2014
If anyone seen this they need to contact someone.
Jimmy

Casar, NC

#15 Mar 2, 2014
Any leads on this yet?
Come try me

Kingsport, TN

#16 Mar 2, 2014
No leads, and this young man was put into a coma from this gutless attack, and some pathetic thug wannabes that couldn't hold there own by themselves if life depended on it are responsible, I'm sure that the ones responsible or someone they know will read this, so I challenge you come try that on me I DARE YOU! And I will show you what being a man is all about you spineless coward.
Shh s an idiot

Greenbrier, TN

#17 Mar 2, 2014
yeah man, a white dude always talk a bunch of shit to a group of black dudes. just like in your 1950's "mississippi Bruning" fantasy..... how stupid can you be?
shh wrote:
Shh s an idiot

Greenbrier, TN

#18 Mar 2, 2014
yeah man, a white dude always talk a bunch of shit to a group of black dudes. just like in your 1950's "Mmississippi Burning" fantasy..... how stupid can you be?
Mama Said Knock You Out

Cantonment, FL

#19 Mar 3, 2014
Mama doan lak no whyt boi.
NAACPLGBTtreyvon niccahomi

United States

#20 Mar 3, 2014
who="Mama Said Knock You Out"]Mama doan lak no whyt bo
Yeah nicca funk whitey smoke more crack and do some tec subbu that is honkey magic
Seriously

United States

#21 Mar 3, 2014
shh wrote:
Six on one whatever was their fragile male egos so hurt they had to gang up. That's why I conceal carry attack me and the story would have been six thugs justice served.
black shame

Portland, OR

#22 Mar 3, 2014
they are nothing but cowards who will end up in hell when they die.i wish i had seen it.i would have kicked their black asses all the way back to africa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ROE cutting vets off pain meds 1 hr Madvocate 3
Ebola control 5 hr Independent 13
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 6 hr DonotbesoNaive 250
Where do people go for assistance with food or ... 20 hr OldTennGranny 4
Get Amy Lynn fired from Daytime Tri-Cities!!! (Jan '11) Mon Offbutton 134
Erwin is called Urine Mon CityHick 6
Obama Doesnt Know His ISIS From a Hole in the G... Mon Independent 80
Johnson City Dating
Find my Match

Johnson City Jobs