goodgirlbadgirl

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Can someone tell me which suboxone doctor in JC is cheapest? I already go to a clinic there but I think I'm paying too much. I love my DR to death but his prices seem high. Any help is greatly appreciated and anyone with sum smartass comment about me being a "pill head" don't waste your time b/c it has no affect on me what-so-ever.
Cheese Puff Daddy

Park Hills, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

goodgirlbadgirl wrote:
Can someone tell me which suboxone doctor in JC is cheapest? I already go to a clinic there but I think I'm paying too much. I love my DR to death but his prices seem high. Any help is greatly appreciated and anyone with sum smartass comment about me being a "pill head" don't waste your time b/c it has no affect on me what-so-ever.
There are a lot of suboxone related threads on here that may be of help to you if you scroll down far enough. Good luck on your recovery!
Patrick

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Dr Caudle in Elizabethton is saving lives and accepts BC/BS. You go once a week for a month at apit $150 per week. Then every other week for $160 each visit. They also have a coupon thing that knocks $50 off of a script for 14 films.

I went four months and its never been better in my life .... Hen there a
Was a very very serious illnesss in the family that took me away and off the program ...it was working wonderfully and I need to get back on it....

The stupid lawmakers first let the state be the easiest state in the cointry to GET ONTO PAIN PILLS and in return MADE IT THE HARDEST TO GET OFF.

Write your local lawmaker and tell him to go to hell.....
bob

Jefferson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Why do you have the screen name goodgirlbadgirl ? That's pretty hott!
goodgirlbadgirl

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Identity crisis lol!!! Nah, just fuckin w/ya. Idk Ive never posted on Topix b4 & I decided to put a thread on ya'lls & on the Abingdon VA forum & see if everyone else pays what I pay. I had to come up w/a name, didn't wana put my real one so that is what I came up with. It kind of describes my personality...is that weird? Come on guys, how much are ya'll payin a month? I pay $325 per mnth or $175 twice a mnth. Is that the norm or am I getn ripped off? The national average seems to be around $150-200 per month, that sounds way better 2me.
goodgirlbadgirl

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Patrick, ur info has helped a lot. I don't have BC/BS but I do have a friend that does, she didn't even know they would cover anything so I passed the info u gave me along, long story short, u taking the time to respond has tremendously helped a single mom that needed the help. Her Dr is going to let her use her ins. Thank u Patrick...btw, u gota get back n2 treatment honey it's the best thing u cld do 4 ur family. Still need some info on prices guys, Bob, anybody?
goodgirlbadgirl

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

I mentioned b4 tht I hav an awesome Dr, he is great & so is his staff. So even if I find a place that is cheaper I will attempt to negotiate w/my Doc to giv me the same price b4 I switch. Probably won't work but hey, it's worth a try. I'd rather pay a few extra bucks a month for a great Dr & nurse than have a shit dr w/a hateful nurse...I read the post about Dr. Dube...interesting.
forget it

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

goodgirlbadgirl wrote:
I mentioned b4 tht I hav an awesome Dr, he is great & so is his staff. So even if I find a place that is cheaper I will attempt to negotiate w/my Doc to giv me the same price b4 I switch. Probably won't work but hey, it's worth a try. I'd rather pay a few extra bucks a month for a great Dr & nurse than have a shit dr w/a hateful nurse...I read the post about Dr. Dube...interesting.
You are getting a good deal, i pay 100 a week in bristol and $10 for my script. So thats a little more than what you are paying, can I ask you how long have you been going I have been in the program almost 4 years I have came down on them but cant shake the feeling of being completely off of everything. I sm trying though.
goodgirlbadgirl

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

I've been going about 2 years. I'm really getting to a point where I want to detox but just like you I'm petrified of not being on anything. Isn't it odd how the mental part is the hardest? Here's what I started doing recently, bare w/me b/c there's a point lol. I was taking 3 a day, at 3 diff times thru the day (morn, afternoon, eve) That worked for me but once I started talking to my Dr about detoxing & told him my fear of being off everything he suggested that I dose once a day to start out. I still take 3 a day but I only take it once. He believes that may help me. If I get used to only taking my meds once a day rather than 3 diff times. Once I get used to this I will go down to 2 a day. Then 1 a day & so on. It sounded kind of dumb to me at 1st & I wondered what I would do in the eve when I started feeling like I need something but so far I haven't. Maybe you could try that. Idk how many times a day you dose or how much your on but if it's more than once a day then this may help you. Hopefully it will be easier to let go of the notion that I need something going from taking it once a day rather than 3 times...does that make sense ;)
goodgirlbadgirl

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Apparently there is some controversy among doctors over dosing. I did some online research & some believe in once daily while others believe it's important to dose 2-3 times thru the day. "forget it" let me ask you a question, did you ever reach a point of boredom? I did so well on the suboxone for so long & then out of nowhere I just wanted to get high. The weird part was that I wasn't necessarily craving opiates, I just wanted to do anything. Luckily it only lasted for about a week and a half & I fought my way thru it & didn't relapse but my fear is that this came with no warning, no triggers. What if it happens again after I detox?
sdj

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Dr. Forester is $140 every 2 weeks then after awhile you can go once a month for $220. He is very friendly and cares about his patients. His wife runs the office and she's a nurse, also friendly. I have been going for 2 years.
goodgirlbadgirl

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

sdj wrote:
Dr. Forester is $140 every 2 weeks then after awhile you can go once a month for $220. He is very friendly and cares about his patients. His wife runs the office and she's a nurse, also friendly. I have been going for 2 years.
Is he in Jonson City? Do you think he would let me come just once a month since I've been going for 2 years to another doctor once a month? I've never failed a drug test or anything, so I could show that I'm a stable patient. That is $95 less per month than where I go now. That's a big deal to me.
sdj

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

goodgirlbadgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he in Jonson City? Do you think he would let me come just once a month since I've been going for 2 years to another doctor once a month? I've never failed a drug test or anything, so I could show that I'm a stable patient. That is $95 less per month than where I go now. That's a big deal to me.
Yes he is on E. Unaka Ave in JC. I have no idea if he would let you start out at once a month but it wouldn't hurt to ask. If they don't answer the phone just leave a msg and his wife will call you back.
sdj

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

sdj wrote:
I think dosing once a day is the best for most people. It helps you get used to not taking something through out the day just like when we were taking pills. With that said, I take mine twice a day but the reason is I have MS and need the pain relief. My doc says that sub has been shown to relieve pain better when it is dosed through the day instead of just once in the morning. But if you are wanting to eventually taper off you are better off dosing once a day.
Patrick

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

goodgirlbadgirl wrote:
Patrick, ur info has helped a lot. I don't have BC/BS but I do have a friend that does, she didn't even know they would cover anything so I passed the info u gave me along, long story short, u taking the time to respond has tremendously helped a single mom that needed the help. Her Dr is going to let her use her ins. Thank u Patrick...btw, u gota get back n2 treatment honey it's the best thing u cld do 4 ur family. Still need some info on prices guys, Bob, anybody?
You're welcome. Thanks for the response. You're right. I gotta get back on that program . It's time consuming, big time. But like I said. I started on 8 mgs per day and got down to one per day in only three months. Tell your friend that they ALWAYS OVER THE DOSE making it much harder to cut back on. They gave me an 8s. I cut them in half. Did that for a couple weeks and then what they gave me for one day would easliy last four days. Easy to stockpile (not to sell)".... But something came up where I was out of the country for almost three months and I had enough to go the whole time.... I'm gonna get back on.....soon thanks for the advice....

Suboxone should be sold over the counter. It doesn't get you high. Just stops withdrawals. But they (the tn lawmakers helped the pharmaceutical companies turn it into a $13 billion industry ....thanks....after getting us hooked, they rob us.......
goodgirlbadgirl

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

I agree about the pharmaceutical companies 100%. I know of a few diff people that get by on a half or a quarter a day. When I started I didn't know anything about suboxone, if I would have I never woulda started on 24mg per day. It's just not necessary & makes for a much tougher detox. This dr sounds pretty good, I'm going to give them a call today & see what's up. I could handle going twice a month for a bit if I had to. If I'm driving all the way to JC for treatment then I would appreciate having the cheapest dr available...how does Dr. Forrester do his groups? Do you bring in your own paper or do you have to do a group at his office?
sdj

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

goodgirlbadgirl wrote:
I agree about the pharmaceutical companies 100%. I know of a few diff people that get by on a half or a quarter a day. When I started I didn't know anything about suboxone, if I would have I never woulda started on 24mg per day. It's just not necessary & makes for a much tougher detox. This dr sounds pretty good, I'm going to give them a call today & see what's up. I could handle going twice a month for a bit if I had to. If I'm driving all the way to JC for treatment then I would appreciate having the cheapest dr available...how does Dr. Forrester do his groups? Do you bring in your own paper or do you have to do a group at his office?
I go to a women's outpatient group on my own. He doesn't make you bring proof. You can go to NA meetings or whatever works for you. He doesn't have a group at his office. A friend of mine that sees him doesn't do any kind of outpatient therapy, she just talks to me almost everyday and he doesn't get on to her about not going somewhere.
goodgirlbadgirl

Richlands, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

My doctor has meetings at his office in the evenings that his patients are required to go to but b/c I live 90+ miles away he lets me go on my own to NA or whatever...I hate to leave my Dr but I don't think he would match this docs price...sure wish there was a womens group where I live that would be awesome. Now that I'm clean I don't have a whole lot of friends. Don't wana run w/the drug crowd & don't really fit in w/the good, upstanding citizens ;)
Cheese Puff Daddy

Park Hills, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

goodgirlbadgirl wrote:
My doctor has meetings at his office in the evenings that his patients are required to go to but b/c I live 90+ miles away he lets me go on my own to NA or whatever...I hate to leave my Dr but I don't think he would match this docs price...sure wish there was a womens group where I live that would be awesome. Now that I'm clean I don't have a whole lot of friends. Don't wana run w/the drug crowd & don't really fit in w/the good, upstanding citizens ;)
Hope you make some new friends. There's a ton of recovering addicts out there walking in the same shoes trying to adjust to the new lifestyle sobriety brings. Hopefully you'll cross paths with some soon and embark on a new social life. Good luck to ya! You got lots of folks pulling for ya..
sdj

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

goodgirlbadgirl wrote:
I started going to the women's group over 2 yrs ago. It's a 3 month program Monday-Friday 9:00 am-12:00pm. After I completed it I just kept going because I really enjoy it. I go to NA meetings on Friday evenings and like it as well. It's important to surround yourself with people who are clean/sober. Good luck. You seem to be doing well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Johnson City Forum right now

Search the Johnson City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min Julia 140,800
Fuzzy Holes (Mar '09) 18 min tattoo_guy 72
Is it ok for Hammond to spread lies about oppon... 22 min Curious 50
Karla Kyte Productions 58 min Daisy 11
Schools and halsam 1 hr Curious 19
No for Hammond 1 hr Know More Two 62
Joe Carr instead of Lamar Alexander 1 hr Just Observing 3
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 14 hr Jennifer 64
•••
•••
•••
•••

Johnson City Jobs