Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

I have been to a few programs but I was only able to get clean once I started the program at Watauga Recovery Center. The crew their really is helpful and really cared about my recovery. The other places I went just took my money and gave me a prescription.
I actually got to see the counselors and the doctors spent time with me. Oh yeah, they also have group sessions and 12 step recovery that I continue to use today. I am no longer on suboxone. They don't do maintenance. They are about abstinence from anything mood altering. They saved my life and marriage!
Steve Perry

Apex, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

The woman that work behind the desk they made a counselor she told my girlfriend's daughter if she had to live her life she would kill herself I thought a Cancelar was supposed to help not hurt the girl has tried spoke highly recommended us to go up there and now this counselor accuses me of doing things that I have already told them about she don't know anyones. I think it's a huge mistake promoting her
Not Recommend

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

I would never recommend this place to anyone. I started going there almost two years ago, and never had a problem. A doctor that was there when I started put me on pain management with suboxxone and it helped me. This doctor left, and after that everything went downhill, they knocked my dosage down, and accused my of having amphetamines in my system. I never took anything like that, I do take zyrtec-d every day and I told them that. My pharmacist told me that would not show up in that way, it only has sudafed in it. He said their drug screen had to be showing a false positive, and they should have sent me to a lab and had a blood test. Instead, they told me last week that my pharmacy had called in a complaint that I was asking for extra meds every time I had an appt, and that I was obviously selling my meds and going by to get extras to have in my system when I got there..My pharmacist said that was not true, they did not do that. I had went by the pharmacy the day of my visit and did ask for a couple of extras, because my back had went out on me and I was in pain, and I didnt try to hide it, I just asked for a couple extras and the pharmacy said she would call my doctor and ask them if that was okay and take it off my script when I got back..The gal who checked me in, Jamie, who acts like she runs the place, told me the pharmacy called and complained about me doing that every time I had an appt..they wanted rid of me for some reason, and I am guessing it was money. I was only paying them 50.00 per week, which is what I was set up on at the beginning, because I was on pain management, which now I have heard that is illegal to do that. They don't have their facility organized like they should. I went to one l2 Step meeting and there was only one other person there. This Jamie treated me like I was a criminal. The dr. Rasheed, who came in for a minute and talked to me told me they were having a meeting to discharge me, that it wasnt him, it was the staff, then Jamie comes in and tells me it was Dr. Rasheed who made the decision. Who is running this place anyway? I think it is Jamie, and it is going downhill fast.
Already Judged

Del Rio, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

I recommend this place highly, have nothing bad to say. I am a long-time patient as well as addict, and I am feeling vastly judged because I can't seem to let go of my meds. In 2-1/2 years I have only had 2 dirty tests for marijuana (which was a staple in my life for 30+ years), but no other infractions whatsoever. I am female, married to an addict who has begun using again, and I am getting really subtle messages that I am not wanted there anymore. I do not understand this. I do want to be helped, but I am certainly not safe without the medication. If these guys do not want to treat me anymore, why in the world don't they just say so. We tried taking me down (and I have gone down), but I did it because the doc wanted me to do it. I just need to put this down some place - they have no e-mail address, or I would send it to them personally, and the tendons in my hands are just useless (as far as writing this on paper - it would take literally a week). I only want to survive and be a good mother, a better person. I don't abuse what I am taking now - the first time ever, and I have not truly been clean since I was 12-13 years old - I'm 47 now. So why is it that they have to look for things to make me feel bad - "you know, you're going to have to come off of this some day," "everybody has to suffer a little bit," "well, I'm writing your prescriptions for you, that's all I can do." Oh, and my favorite, "everybody has to deal with anxiety and stress." I didn't prescribe these meds, they did. WTF? That is from the doctor(s) I've seen there. They ask me if there is stress in my life, they want to know what's going on, I share (isn't that what we are supposed to do?). Then, I get cold stares and remarks that I am unable to interpret. I'm not stupid, but my addiction is. It is entity in and of itself, and it is about as dumb as a block of wood. I have been great since taking this medication, but to get off of it, it is going to take a miracle or a tragedy. And, I would consider myself a vast improvement compared to the sneaky, thieving, lying piece of crap I used to be. My sin went down in that watery grave of baptism 6 years ago, and I am supposed to be washed clean. Now I feel good about things, but I cannot understand why they want to go and mess it up by changing it now. I thank you for listening - I have no ill will toward any staff member. I only feel judged today...
hope

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Already Judged wrote:
I recommend this place highly, have nothing bad to say. I am a long-time patient as well as addict, and I am feeling vastly judged because I can't seem to let go of my meds. In 2-1/2 years I have only had 2 dirty tests for marijuana (which was a staple in my life for 30+ years), but no other infractions whatsoever. I am female, married to an addict who has begun using again, and I am getting really subtle messages that I am not wanted there anymore. I do not understand this. I do want to be helped, but I am certainly not safe without the medication. If these guys do not want to treat me anymore, why in the world don't they just say so. We tried taking me down (and I have gone down), but I did it because the doc wanted me to do it. I just need to put this down some place - they have no e-mail address, or I would send it to them personally, and the tendons in my hands are just useless (as far as writing this on paper - it would take literally a week). I only want to survive and be a good mother, a better person. I don't abuse what I am taking now - the first time ever, and I have not truly been clean since I was 12-13 years old - I'm 47 now. So why is it that they have to look for things to make me feel bad - "you know, you're going to have to come off of this some day," "everybody has to suffer a little bit," "well, I'm writing your prescriptions for you, that's all I can do." Oh, and my favorite, "everybody has to deal with anxiety and stress." I didn't prescribe these meds, they did. WTF? That is from the doctor(s) I've seen there. They ask me if there is stress in my life, they want to know what's going on, I share (isn't that what we are supposed to do?). Then, I get cold stares and remarks that I am unable to interpret. I'm not stupid, but my addiction is. It is entity in and of itself, and it is about as dumb as a block of wood. I have been great since taking this medication, but to get off of it, it is going to take a miracle or a tragedy. And, I would consider myself a vast improvement compared to the sneaky, thieving, lying piece of crap I used to be. My sin went down in that watery grave of baptism 6 years ago, and I am supposed to be washed clean. Now I feel good about things, but I cannot understand why they want to go and mess it up by changing it now. I thank you for listening - I have no ill will toward any staff member. I only feel judged today...
Dont give up or give in.
U r crazy

Kings Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

@ the person said not recommended well 1st thing they have not even been their 2yrs not even a year yet they are wonderful people they opened that place up for all of us was dr. Locklears patients because he is in treatment his self an I would say to any one please go it's worth it an it can save your life. It sure did mine been clean 4 yrs now from thing 15 plus roxy 30's a day plus what ever else I could find !!! God bless wataga recovery workers
Wow

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Steve Perry wrote:
The woman that work behind the desk they made a counselor she told my girlfriend's daughter if she had to live her life she would kill herself I thought a Cancelar was supposed to help not hurt the girl has tried spoke highly recommended us to go up there and now this counselor accuses me of doing things that I have already told them about she don't know anyones. I think it's a huge mistake promoting her
and those This is the biggest BS that I have ever heard!! Did you have a drug screening that was bad? Didn't have the money to go? Probably just wanted your scrip and not really worried about recovery!! Usually those that don't really want help will follow rules and not fuss and cry because they have to go to meetings.. and those that don't end up bad mouthing them..
recovering addict

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

[ "So why is it that they have to look for things to make me feel bad - "you know, you're going to have to come off of this some day,"]
So your mad at them because they are encouraging you to taper off the medicine? There are doctors out there who will take your money and give you whatever you want, and that's why so many people hate Suboxone, cause they've given it a bad name.
Seems to me that having a doctor who wants to help you get off of it completely isn't a bad thing!
Thor

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Well, by god they won't be there for long, because I have a lawyer and we are suing the absolute posts out of them. Served papers Wednesday to them.

They ran a blood test thru my insurance that they never performed, sent to some lab in Knoxville? And they did whatever they do to blood tests. Hard to test blood when they never took any.

Anyway, apparently the charge was $1400 and they never even sent me a bill they send a bill collector from hell that called my place of work and said I had committed bank fraud.(I'm not exaggerating) our HR lady has made her statement. Then they called everybody they could saying criminal charges, you name it..it's hard to describe insanity, you know?

Well, I called my insurance company once more today, very nice, they are a little concerned that they might be named in the lawsuit, but they aren't. DO NOT GO TO WATAUGA RECOVERY CENTER AND DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO TAKE YOUR BLOOD UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER.
recovering addict

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Thor wrote:
Anyway, apparently the charge was $1400 and they never even sent me a bill they send a bill collector from hell that called my place of work and said I had committed bank fraud.(I'm not exaggerating) our HR lady has made her statement. Then they called everybody they could saying criminal charges, you name it..it's hard to describe insanity, you know?
Well, I called my insurance company once more today, very nice, they are a little concerned that they might be named in the lawsuit, but they aren't. DO NOT GO TO WATAUGA RECOVERY CENTER AND DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO TAKE YOUR BLOOD UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER.
You may want to check your facts again. I personally know that I got a bill from the company that does the drugs tests in their clinics and when I called the lab and explained I didn't have to pay. They don't use a collection agency. And they can't call "everybody" because there's a federal law protecting privacy. So whats with your story telling? Trying to get a lawsuit going so you can get more drugs?
the phillip potter

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Idk, what to say about them that is good yet. The place is full of people on insurance that don't even need to be there. They just use their insurance to get the mess to get high on or they sell them on the street and make a profit. It burns me up seeing them turn away real addicts to help the ones Tia they can wing down and make their recovery stats look good. I'm a heroin addict and have been for fi've years. I got hooked on pain beds the legal way with a cancer diagnosis but that don't matter. The only thing that matter is it noun out of control. As a heroin addict I know others in the community with the Sam addiction as me. We all pass or have some kind of common link. The police call it a network. However, I have seen more real addicts kicked to the curve Watuaga Recovery to make room for the for profit visitors than I have actually seen Watuaga Recovery help. As of now I do not think the are helping the real side of the addict spectrum. I think they pick and chose what makes them look good and they try to cycle to many in that don't need help and raw to quick to kick the ones that need help out. My girlfriend attends this clinic and is giving 3 suboxone a day. Upon her dragging me in they offered me in 2 and a half. I laughed at them and told them they are not woven consistent. I'm the one that got her on meds, had a higher tolerance, heverier body weight, taste metabolism, been to Dr cable who started ne on 3 and a half and worked me down to two so I could manage legitimate pain with them as a maintenance med instead of roxy. They told me they would not write more than two and a half. I explained that isn't enough to block the heroin with me my metabolism is to fast and I would crave to fast. I told them I was threw to cover not play games. They kicked me out. They treated me as if suboxone was the drug and not the treatment. As if I was trying to get high on Suboxone. I left and rescheduled with a different doctor that I hire understand and doesn't treat me like the last two doctor did. If they do I will let you know shortly because I'm going back in an hour.
the phillip potter

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>and those This is the biggest BS that I have ever heard!! Did you have a drug screening that was bad? Didn't have the money to go? Probably just wanted your scrip and not really worried about recovery!! Usually those that don't really want help will follow rules and not fuss and cry because they have to go to meetings.. and those that don't end up bad mouthing them..
These rebuttal like posted here. These comments are the same given ny their staff when a patient disagrees with them. Same exact smart ass remarks.
the phillip potter

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2014

recovering addict wrote:
<quoted text>
You may want to check your facts again. I personally know that I got a bill from the company that does the drugs tests in their clinics and when I called the lab and explained I didn't have to pay. They don't use a collection agency. And they can't call "everybody" because there's a federal law protecting privacy. So whats with your story telling? Trying to get a lawsuit going so you can get more drugs?
We all got the bills that say we have to pay the labs we sign a document before entering saying we agree to pay and the labs are expensive. There is no story telling about high cost of he labs when other docs use a doctors use a document $40. In house test.
the phillip potter

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2014

Told you guys and gals I was going back and I would update you. Turns out that there is one good doctor in the bunch. This doctor is Tracy Goen. He is down to Earth a no bull shit kind of person that wants to help. He knows many of these doctors don't know jack shit about rehabilitation. They read some things and take a test and they think they know all about addiction and rehab. Dr Goens is a recovering addict and knows that we addicts are brain damaged. NORMAL people take opiates and crawl up in the corner and go to sleep. However us opiate addicts take them feel good, good energy, we feel like we are at our best. Then things go wrong due to the destruction of needing medicine. At some point we get lost in trouble or dead. Some of it is due to laws against us and some our own doing. At some point we all crash and burn. If your a true addict and need help ask to see him and refuse treatment from anyone else. If your just a script hunter any of them will help you but the real addicts need Dr. Goen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

84 Users are viewing the Johnson City Forum right now

Search the Johnson City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min Vet 140,510
The Community hereby demands Ron Dykes Resignat... 7 min dykes needs to go 24
what has this world came to 16 min truthfully 30
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 30 min Tanya 56
No for Hammond 37 min Blazer View 24
Is it ok for Hammond to spread lies about oppon... 1 hr Good for you 20
Washington County School Board Masters 1 hr Partners in crime 104
•••
•••
•••
•••

Johnson City Jobs

•••