First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Newbee

Johnson City, TN

#1 Oct 24, 2012
I am new to Johnson City. I haven't seen or heard when Trick or Treat night will be in Johnson City or Washington Co. Does anyone know when Trick or Treat night is? I wasn't sure if it was actually on Wednesday 10/31 or if it is celebrated another day/night? I know some cities celebrate the weekend before and some on the actual day. Any info would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Hilltopper

Johnson City, TN

#2 Oct 24, 2012
Are you serious? Trick or treat night? Halloween is October 31st and thats when you trick or treat. Always has been, aways will be unless it falls on Sunday and then you do it on Saturday. Ive never heard of any city anywhere doing it on any day other than Halloween. I think you asked this same question last year just to see what kind of crazy answers you would get.
Newbee

Johnson City, TN

#3 Oct 24, 2012
Hilltopper wrote:
Are you serious? Trick or treat night? Halloween is October 31st and thats when you trick or treat. Always has been, aways will be unless it falls on Sunday and then you do it on Saturday. Ive never heard of any city anywhere doing it on any day other than Halloween. I think you asked this same question last year just to see what kind of crazy answers you would get.
Yes, Hilltopper, I am serious! Why else would I ask that question? Really??? And, NO, I did not ask that same question last year considering I am new to Johnson City and have only lived here a few months. I wasn't even close to this city last year to ask such a question!

I was just asking a simple question! Maybe it's always been that way here, but where I have lived it hasn't! In case you hadn't noticed, it falls on a Wednesday which is a church night as well! I was only asking so that my 6 yr old child can actually be a child! Now, either you have always lived on that hilltop, or you don't have kids! Because other cities do it differently. Some the same, some different. But I wanted to be sure because if it was the prior weekend or another night, I wanted to take my child! I wasn't looking for a smart remark trying to make me sound stupid, bcuz all you did was make yourself look stupid!

What ever happened to times(and places) where people actually helped each other out rather than being a jerk about the smallest little things! You are part of reason our country is in the shape it's in! Do you really Jesus would've given that answer? No, he wouldn't have. A nice reply would have been sufficient enough!

BTW...here's your proof! And the list goes on!!!!! Sorry to burst you bubble you have been in, but I really had a serious question and below is why!!!!!

http://cleveland.about.com/od/daytondaytrips/...

Dayton - October 30, 6pm - 8pm

Anna - October 25, 6pm - 730pm

Arcanum - October 28, 2pm - 4pm

Beavercreek - October 30, 6pm - 8pm

http://www.wsaz.com/news/charlestonnews/headl...

CHARLESTON, W.Va.(WSAZ)-- It may be August, but it is never to early to start thinking about Halloween and of course Trick-or-Treat.

Charleston City Council voted Monday night to set the date for Trick-or-Treat for Oct. 30.

Trick-or-Treat will go from 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 30.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/13222082/20...
Newbee

Johnson City, TN

#4 Oct 25, 2012
If anyone does hear the day and times of Trick or Treating, would you please be so kind and post on here. Thanks!
Lily

Kings Mountain, NC

#5 Oct 25, 2012
Newbee wrote:
If anyone does hear the day and times of Trick or Treating, would you please be so kind and post on here. Thanks!
There will prob be trick or treating on that Wednesday (oct 31) and also some that weekend
Newbee

Johnson City, TN

#6 Oct 25, 2012
Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
There will prob be trick or treating on that Wednesday (oct 31) and also some that weekend
Thank you so much for your kind reply!:)
rrash

Johnson City, TN

#7 Oct 25, 2012
I've been trying to find out the exact times too. I"m new to jc too. I think it's all on the 31st. Some places are doing trunk or treats on sat and Sunday nights.
Newbee

Johnson City, TN

#8 Oct 25, 2012
rrash wrote:
I've been trying to find out the exact times too. I"m new to jc too. I think it's all on the 31st. Some places are doing trunk or treats on sat and Sunday nights.
Oh, thanks! I hope you are liking it here in JC! I called a local news station today but they said no one had contacted them yet. Thank you for your kind reply and if I find out more I will post.:)
Hilltopper

Johnson City, TN

#9 Oct 25, 2012
Whats wrong with you people? Halloween is October 31st. You trick or treat on Halloween unless its on Sunday. Why would anyone contact a TV station? Maybe they'll call and let them know what night Santa is comig this year. You do believe in Santa dont you? I live among morons,
Newbee

Johnson City, TN

#11 Oct 25, 2012
Hilltopper wrote:
Whats wrong with you people? Halloween is October 31st. You trick or treat on Halloween unless its on Sunday. Why would anyone contact a TV station? Maybe they'll call and let them know what night Santa is comig this year. You do believe in Santa dont you? I live among morons,
OMG! The real question is...What's wrong with you? Why are you so full of hatred? Obviously you didn't read my previous reply to you. I do believe that it proves who the real moron is. Because if you read it, then you would see that other cities do have Trick or Treat on other nights...even when the 31st doesn't fall on Sunday! Thank you!!!
Newbee

Johnson City, TN

#12 Oct 25, 2012
Just in case you missed it...I reposted the links and info that some other cities do have Trick or Treat night on other nights even when the 31st doesn't fall on Sunday.

BTW...here's your proof! And the list goes on!!!!! Sorry to burst you bubble you have been in, but I really had a serious question and below is why!!!!!

http://cleveland.about.com/od/daytondaytrips/ ...

Dayton - October 30, 6pm - 8pm

Anna - October 25, 6pm - 730pm

Arcanum - October 28, 2pm - 4pm

Beavercreek - October 30, 6pm - 8pm

http://www.wsaz.com/news/charlestonnews/headl ...

CHARLESTON, W.Va.(WSAZ)-- It may be August, but it is never to early to start thinking about Halloween and of course Trick-or-Treat.

Charleston City Council voted Monday night to set the date for Trick-or-Treat for Oct. 30.

Trick-or-Treat will go from 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 30.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/13222082/20 ...
Barn

Johnson City, TN

#13 Oct 26, 2012
I haven't heard either. I have lived in JC, TN for 20 years and have two children. It is common for JC to trick or treat the Saturday before and typically the news stations clarify. I haven't heard any reporting this year so I am assuming its back to he old fashion way of doing it on the actual day. It has happened multiply days for many years here in JC and has long been confusing. It is a very reasonable question, especially when your kiddos are depending on you to get it right.
Newbee

Johnson City, TN

#14 Oct 26, 2012
Barn wrote:
I haven't heard either. I have lived in JC, TN for 20 years and have two children. It is common for JC to trick or treat the Saturday before and typically the news stations clarify. I haven't heard any reporting this year so I am assuming its back to he old fashion way of doing it on the actual day. It has happened multiply days for many years here in JC and has long been confusing. It is a very reasonable question, especially when your kiddos are depending on you to get it right.
Barn, thank you so much for your kind reply and useful info. Also, thanks for agreeing that it was a reasonable question!:) You are exactly right. Our kiddos depend on us and we as parents do what we need to for them. The Lord did loan them to us to take care of.:) And that is what parents like us do. Thanks and have a blessed day!
wish_u_knew

Dayton, OH

#15 Oct 27, 2012
walnut street is on 31st from 3-5 i believe
dishragsue

Johnson City, TN

#16 Oct 27, 2012
Hello Newbee, and welcome to Johnson City. Johnson City HAS done Trick or Treating on days different from Oct. 31, many times. As for this year, I have not heard any announcements concerning this topic this year. I am assuming that if there is no announcements made before, then most likely it will be on the 31st. I hope you do find out for sure. I do not understand why some people are so rude.
jsl2008

Bristol, TN

#17 Oct 27, 2012
Welcome to Johnson City!!! Sorry that some people have not made it feel very welcoming. That I know of it is on Wed Oct 31st, in the TriCities( Bristol, Johnson City, Kingsport). We have had trick or treating on different days before usually due to weather, school, and being on a Sunday. Usually the news stations post it but havent heard from them but most post or feedback sites are saying it is on Wed Oct 31! Hope this helps and again welcome to the TriCities!!
Hilltopper

Johnson City, TN

#18 Oct 27, 2012
I have lived in JC for over 50 years and other than when it lands on Sunday it has NEVER been on any other day than the 31st. I hope all of your yards get rolled!!!
Lily

Belmont, NC

#19 Oct 27, 2012
Hilltopper wrote:
I have lived in JC for over 50 years and other than when it lands on Sunday it has NEVER been on any other day than the 31st. I hope all of your yards get rolled!!!
Obviously you don't get out much.
Meow01

Jonesborough, TN

#20 Oct 27, 2012
Hilltop per must need to get laid
mel

United States

#21 Oct 27, 2012
Hilltopper , give it up! Nuisance is no longer entertaining. It was a simple question so get your panties out of a wod!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 4 hr Sensible 345
Review: Peak Geomatics Land Surveyors 5 hr Tendrew 1
Buttercup Bakery closes in downtown Erwin 22 hr StupidStomper 29
Psychiatrist Arrested Lived Next to Towne Acres 22 hr Sarah Gump 7
Sandra McElrory 22 hr Please 1
GOP leadership will protect Obamacare 22 hr Please 49
What has happened to Morgan King on Daytime Tri... Wed Dorne 30
Johnson City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Johnson City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Johnson City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Johnson City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:03 am PST

NBC Sports10:03AM
Cam Newton takes first-team reps, throws 65-yard pass
ESPN10:11 AM
QB Newton works with first team in practice
NBC Sports11:57 AM
Ron Rivera: Cam Newton "probably" starts on Sunday
Bleacher Report11:59 AM
Jaguars Break Their Underdog Streak
NBC Sports 1:35 PM
Jimmy Clausen: 'Gained knowledge' since last start in 2010