Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments
5,781 - 5,800 of 8,959 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
theangryguy

Athens, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

April wrote:
<quoted text>
There are Doctor's out there that are more concerned about taking care of our bodies in a more natural way. These Doctors went to college, medical school along with the MD's, then they went on to
CHIROPRACTIC SCHOOL for another couple years. Give them a try, they just might save your life!
If you do not have "PRIVATE" insurance, they make you sit in the waiting room for hours before seeing you,then you wait some more before the Doctor goes to your room to exam you. Most of these so called Doctors just "breeze" thru training just so they can start ripping you off for 1000.00's of dollars to see you for 5 minutes. One of the Doctors at Laughlin Hospital is for sure a "quake",I went in for a back injury that had me bed riden for weeks, he never bothered to run x-rays or exams, just gave me a prescription and left, it cost me my job and months in the Chiropractor. In my book,their QUACKS!!!!
DavidV

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Top Mod 8 wrote:
Should the state should mandate immunizations for your children? Do you feel they are safe for all children. Do they cause other health issues like autism? Should the state also pay for them as well if they are requiring them?
Yes to that
Black Sheep

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Draconis wrote:
Ok ya'll I got a big time bitch and need to know who else has the same problem.
My water bill has risen from an average of 2000 to three thousand a month for years to 8000 a month and riseing every month yet I have not changed anything. I checked for leaks and have even shut the water off for a month and went to a well on property for that time and the useage went up 25%. does any out there have the same problem.
Finally, someone else is noticing this! I've been telling my husband that something is going on with the water bill. But I reckon we should start another discussion and get off this one before everybody gets their panties in a wad. LOL
mommy of one

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

Yes, the state should mandate immunizations clearly to protect other children who have had their scheduled shots! We as parents or let me say it this way....."I" as a mom absolutely hate when my child goes to school perfectly healthy and then comes home sick from other kids being shuffled off to school carrying contagious illnesses! This is something minor I know but it starts with parents having a little common sense!
theangryguy

Athens, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

mommy of one wrote:
Yes, the state should mandate immunizations clearly to protect other children who have had their scheduled shots! We as parents or let me say it this way....."I" as a mom absolutely hate when my child goes to school perfectly healthy and then comes home sick from other kids being shuffled off to school carrying contagious illnesses! This is something minor I know but it starts with parents having a little common sense!
Have you noticed? If your kid goes to school and there are maybe 1 or 2 sick children in the same classroom your kid will get the germ. Most of these inconsiderate parents lets their kids go to school when their sick,then they give that sickness to the rest of the class. Shots or not,it doesn't stop these kids or adults for that matter on catching someone else's germ. COMMON SENSE is keeping you sick child home,not letting them go to school and the sick adults should stay home and not go to the store or come over to visit with your sickness,that's common sense!
momof2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Although i believe there should be immunizations available,i do not agree with making them mandatory. The mmr is one that concerns me the most. If you research these shots given to our children, the ingredients, preservatives they use os what frightens me. The amount of mercury once put into the mmr shot was more that 100% of what a grown man can handle in his body, yet they put this in our 15 month old children. Due to my fear of this shot, i waited until my son was 4 and a half before injecting him. Thankful hes fine today. Close friends of mine have a set of identical twins...healthy happy twin girls...after getting thier mmr, they ran high fevers for 2 days ..doc said dont worry your a nervous parent. The fever goes down and the girls are never the same again, today they are 17 and require full time care. Parents argue the mmr is at fault and i can't help but agree. That year tbey had 120% increase in autism in the state of il. Coincidence? I do believe in shots for children, i just believe they should use extreme caution with ingredients.( please excuse my grammar as i am mobile and my smart phone loves spell check)
momof2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

They also tell you these immunization shots do not protect our children from contracting these Diseases but will lesson the symptoms. The polio was given and did wipe out a horrible disease but how many children died due to the injection, the death of many children is worth the price according to the government. Intersting information froma mother can be found here
http://www.relfe.com/vaccine.html

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

America should continue to mandate vaccinations.
Joey Is Nuts

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

Speaking of vaccinations, your vet called and left a message for you that your Rabies Vaccination is past due, Joey.
Zeke

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

simply, no.

whereas some immunizations can prevent diseases, there can be side effects too.

if that h1n1 scare was still going on from several years ago and getting worse, i would choose not to get immunized from it.

i dont think i have ever had a flu shot (or if i have, it was when i was too young to remember it). i think i have had the flu maybe twice in the past 19 years... which basically shows how useless getting a flu shot really is. because if i was really susceptible to flu, i would have had it every year, if not several times each year.
Pastors daughter

Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Not if they are on food stamps, welfare, or the parents are SSI sum bums, because the sooner they get sick and die, the sooner the tax payers save money keeping the low life scum of society alive to keep breeding more of their own kind. I'd rather my tax dollars go to rabie shots for dogs than to keep the trash of america alive to keep destroying our country. You have to qualify to buy a house, land, car, etc, so why don't people have to qualify to breed and dump the costs onto the rest of us? If ya can't qualify, abortion and then sterilization should be mandatory. Anyone applying for food stamps &/or welfare should have to provide papers proving they've been sterilized. That way the tax payers would at least get their money's worth. Illegal aliens can find a job within a week of being here and yet the fat lazy stupid americans won't even get out of bed to look for a job. Think of how proud their worthless parents must be knowing their kids are lower than the illegals.
justagirl

Tatum, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Well, hunny, you better get on your knees and start praying you never hit rock bottom and need a little help!
Pastors daughter wrote:
Not if they are on food stamps, welfare, or the parents are SSI sum bums, because the sooner they get sick and die, the sooner the tax payers save money keeping the low life scum of society alive to keep breeding more of their own kind. I'd rather my tax dollars go to rabie shots for dogs than to keep the trash of america alive to keep destroying our country. You have to qualify to buy a house, land, car, etc, so why don't people have to qualify to breed and dump the costs onto the rest of us? If ya can't qualify, abortion and then sterilization should be mandatory. Anyone applying for food stamps &/or welfare should have to provide papers proving they've been sterilized. That way the tax payers would at least get their money's worth. Illegal aliens can find a job within a week of being here and yet the fat lazy stupid americans won't even get out of bed to look for a job. Think of how proud their worthless parents must be knowing their kids are lower than the illegals.

Since: Jul 12

Jasper, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

As a health care provider, you'd better think long and hard about what is required to be injected into your children. There is NO documented evidence these injection don't cause certain other traumatic, permanent injury. It SHOULD NOT be a requirement but a choice no matter who pays. Back in the 50's & 60's, the immunizations were NOT required but electively given.
Laurie

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Agree.......do the research.
Danger_Close

Chenoa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

mommy of one wrote:
You stupid ignorant F***!!!

You demand vaccination for other children so they do not infect you VACCINATED CHILD. Do you realize how stupid you sound in saying that. I mean after all, IF vaccinations really worked then your child should NEVER catch a bug from a NON VACCINATED child or anyone else.

Shut your hole, go sit down and let the big people talk.

VACCINES DO NOT WORK
yes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Unfortunately the state has to mandate such things as this! too many dead beats want to focus on things they should not be doing.
Truth

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Best idea is to home school your kids, stay out of public schools.
Nellie

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

It sure did wipe out polio..if any one remembers? Polio was a major killer of children for many years...Diptheria and small pox were major killers also..many,many sad days for their parents...Yes, Whooping cough was another killer....
waitasec

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

My thing is.... I don't trust the government anymore, they do horrid things to test on unsuspecting people and than admit it years later. And won't pay for medical. Agent orange comes to mind!
Chipped

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Judged:

I wonder what's next for the first time in history the FDA has approved a microchipped pill, one small step of suppression one giant leap for corruption!

http://www.examiner.com/article/fda-approves-...

Those of you that actually think this is to simply monitor health rather than invade your privacy and set the precedence for much more horid chip implementations later down the line You would be wrong! If history shows us anything it's that when the progress to such suppression and invasion as they are now it will only get worse and they will resort to any lies necessary to implement what they want to happen!

Count on it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Johnson City Forum right now

Search the Johnson City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Karla Kyte Productions 21 min Mabe Masters and Utsman 14
No for Hammond 53 min Mabe Masters and Utsman 91
corruption in Washington county tn sheriff's dept 1 hr A parent 9
Tax Increase Needed for Athletic Facility 1 hr Mabe Masters and Utsman 1
No Mabe Masters Utsman 1 hr Mabe Masters and Utsman 4
If you want change don't vote for Hammond!!! 1 hr Mabe Masters and Utsman 2
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr WTSenior 141,075
HEY BRANDON McKEE!!! READ THIS!!! 1 hr A parent 19
Is it ok for Hammond to spread lies about oppon... 4 hr TTT3 99
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 7 hr Jennifer 67
•••
•••
•••
•••

Johnson City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••