CommonsenseSissy

Jonesborough, TN

#164 Feb 6, 2010
Lewis wrote:
I think the morning news team act a little funny, thats a nice way of putting it
I heard they are 'funny' too. I don't mean haha funny.
sad

Johnson City, TN

#165 Feb 25, 2010
sports is bias in there reporting,everbody sees this and its sad, because all the kids work hard no matter the school they go to,wcyb has to go to jc to get the coveage they deserve.
sorry

Johnson City, TN

#166 Feb 26, 2010
sorry 4 post 165 u need 2 wacth 1 and tape the other,u well c it on 1 or the other maybe,i like both wjhl n wcyb. again SORRY.
Intellectual Convertible

AOL

#167 Feb 26, 2010
U Should b sorry, dumazz.
Cheryl

Johnson City, TN

#168 Aug 21, 2010
Man..Get a LIFE...WJHL is the best...If you don't like it go to college, get a broadcasting degree so we can see what you've got..Stupid is as Stupid does..
I Agree

Kingsport, TN

#169 Aug 23, 2010
SteelMagnolia wrote:
For years, WJHL has reported on news in Kingsport and Bristol far more than what happens in Johnson City. It's getting so I have to watch WCYB to see what happens in Johnson City!
You're correct. We need better reporting. And how about the going off the air chat. I think Sara D. is what they call in the industry, a "prisoner of the teleprompter." Too concerned she might say something stupid or offensive that she just agrees and nods. Kenny H. does his best but is challenged to think of something witty. Mark R.(after 30 years) still has the deer in the headlights look. The Anchor must feel he's managing a sheltered workshop.

Since: Apr 10

Johnson City, TN

#170 Aug 23, 2010
I happen to like WJHL news. Especially when that hot George Jackson is reporting. The only thing that gets on my nerves is Casey Marlers voice. Its like he cant talk without his nose. So Nasal! Let George Jackson do the anchor job on the weekends. Now for my news in the morning its always WCYB. Johnny Woods is King of morning news.
11SUXS

Jonesborough, TN

#171 Sep 3, 2010
Just wait until local news is in HD. Who will be uglier Mark Reynolds or Mallory Nichols?
viewer

AOL

#172 Sep 3, 2010
11SUXS wrote:
Just wait until local news is in HD. Who will be uglier Mark Reynolds or Mallory Nichols?
Mallory Nichols has been gone for a while now.
raincheck

United States

#173 Sep 3, 2010
viewer wrote:
<quoted text>Mallory Nichols has been gone for a while now.
Vacation?
Fax

AOL

#174 Sep 4, 2010
theatre guy wrote:
I happen to like WJHL news. Especially when that hot George Jackson is reporting. The only thing that gets on my nerves is Casey Marlers voice. Its like he cant talk without his nose. So Nasal! Let George Jackson do the anchor job on the weekends. Now for my news in the morning its always WCYB. Johnny Woods is King of morning news.
Yeah, I bet you like watching reruns of "Magnum PI" with the sound turned off too. Can you, Theatre guy, make one single post without dragging into the mix that you are a queer? As for WJHL news, it's not really news. It is mostly special interest stories that are not that special......... like the "big news" of businessmen begging for people to visit Jonesborough, or some other plug about Hands On Museum, etc.
viewer

AOL

#175 Sep 4, 2010
She left a while back to go work for a tv station in Myrtle Beach.
D_A_Truth

Jonesborough, TN

#176 Sep 4, 2010
That Josh Smith guy makes me want to scream. He talks like he's your best friend talking to you at a bar instead of a news reporter. He is such an idiot, I cannot stand to watch the morning news on WJHL.

Casey Marler has scared me off now from the evening news. He does sports fill in for K. Hawkins and during football season he is helping Kenny report the scores. His nasal voice makes me want to choke him. His accent makes is obvious he's definitely not from the area, yet when he reports scores he pretends he's known these teams for years, which obviously he hasn't. I think he has done the weekend news some also, which is totally unacceptable.

People have knocked Jim Bailey, but he ain't that bad. Sara Diamond is not even worth a comment. Want to talk about the WORST that WJHL has to offer, go to Daytime Tri-Cities and listed to the idiot Amy Lynn. That woman has the IQ of my lawnmower.
roxy

United States

#177 Sep 4, 2010
There are 173 post on here about how bad the people on these local news stations are so my question is WHY DO YOU WATCH THEM??????? Get your news from the newspaper so you all won't be so upset!
nonews

Kingsport, TN

#178 Sep 7, 2010
I don't watch Crappy 11. I didn't know Mallory Nichols was gone!
Art

Watseka, IL

#179 Sep 7, 2010
nonews wrote:
I don't watch Crappy 11. I didn't know Mallory Nichols was gone!
I DO watch Channel 11 and I didn't know Mallory was gone!
Cap

Mclean, VA

#180 Sep 8, 2010
Casey Marler is a real piece of trash. Dealt with him at Jonesborough this year during baseball. Walked around like he owned the place and like he was some sort of celebrity. This was during that embarassing "Tri-Cities Dancing with the Stars" event that the elites in the area were promoting, so naturally he thought he was right there at the top.

Marler and Amy Lynn should go to North Korea and broadcast. Then they can be the North Koreans problem.
Amazed

Kingsport, TN

#181 Oct 4, 2010
I imagine that most of you are not happy with anything in your life. You all sound very angry and hateful. What a hurtful thing to say about two of the nicest people in the Tri-cities. Rob and Josh do more for the community than I bet all of you put together. Josh's wife is one of the kindest people I've met. You haven't taken her or their children's feelings into consideration when throwing your nasty comments around. Shame on you!
Bart Simpson

United States

#182 Oct 4, 2010
Fred wrote:
why is wjhl.. a JOHNSON CITY station continually teling us what will be in the bristol hearld courier? If I gave a crap about what was going on in Bristol, I would live there. Where is the Johnson city press in this? why are they not the ones on WJHL newscast?
Fred,
You will never see anything in the good ole JC Press if it goes against the powers that be. The motto should be "what the people don't know is just as well".
Dave T

Nashville, TN

#183 Oct 4, 2010
Amazed are you blind and stupid
new look same crap

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GOP leadership will protect Obamacare 2 hr Newland 27
Buttercup Bakery closes in downtown Erwin 5 hr Huh 11
Michael Brown is Dead, give it a rest 5 hr NuffJive 4
Get Amy Lynn fired from Daytime Tri-Cities!!! (Jan '11) 19 hr Nuff Jive 150
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Wed DonotbesoNaive 311
hair salons/stylist in Jonesborough Nov 25 New Do 6
CVS North Roan (beside Mall) HATEFUL HATEFUL em... Nov 25 Say something 4
Johnson City Dating
Find my Match

Johnson City People Search