One gun a month: Bloggers debate N.J.'s new gun control law

Jul 11, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Millville News

New Jersey gun buyers would be limited to one gun purchase a month under a law awaiting Gov.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of183
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 12, 2009
 

Judged:

3

3

1

If they actually look at this seriously, they should make a new law where criminals are limited to one crime a month. Both laws would work equally well.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 13, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

2

RustyS wrote:
If they actually look at this seriously, they should make a new law where criminals are limited to one crime a month. Both laws would work equally well.
What works and what doesn't.
.
They should ask just this: Has any such law succeeded in the past?
.
If not, then the law is an exercise in futility, and it amounts to nothing less than an infringement upon the citizens themselves, because it treats them as criminals to be.
.
Such a proposition is hideous for it presumes that all are guilty, and all must prove their innocence before exercising a right.
.
But if criminals pay no attention to the law, then the law is entirely an imposition upon the innocent.
.
Liberty = 1/government
.
By definition of that equation, the least amount of government = the greatest amount of Liberty.
.
Government is that quantity which impedes individual liberty.
.
The idiots who wrote that law should become familiar with this law:
—————
"WHOEVER, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects ANY person in ANY State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the CONSTITUTION or LAWS of the UNITED STATES, OR to different punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death."

- U.S. CODE: TITLE 18> PART I> CHAPTER 13> § 242
—————

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 13, 2009
 

Judged:

5

2

1

Not even a handgun ban has stopped gun crime in Chicago.

Sooner or later, the one-gun-purchase per month will make a buyer angry enough to kill someone.

The waiting period law is degrading and humiliating.

Waiting periods make gun buyers more angry while they wait and when they must return to the gun store (again.) It's a good thing the one-gun per month and the wait period laws don't apply to criminals or maniacs.
No spin zone

Forest Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 13, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Tory II wrote:
Not even a handgun ban has stopped gun crime in Chicago.
Sooner or later, the one-gun-purchase per month will make a buyer angry enough to kill someone.
The waiting period law is degrading and humiliating.
Waiting periods make gun buyers more angry while they wait and when they must return to the gun store (again.) It's a good thing the one-gun per month and the wait period laws don't apply to criminals or maniacs.
Well I'm a gun owner and I buy as many as I can afford. I can not buy one a month due to the price of about $1200 per weapon. And if you take the Mn carry class and have your card it's as easy as walking in filling out one form and taking your gun. I don't know of any anger coming over me at all. But making it a LAW that you can only buy ONE gun a month DOES make me mad.
What the hel1 is the difference if I own the 15 I have or 25+ I'd like. It's just stupid!

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 13, 2009
 

Judged:

2

No spin zone wrote:
<quoted text>Well I'm a gun owner and I buy as many as I can afford. I can not buy one a month due to the price of about $1200 per weapon. And if you take the Mn carry class and have your card it's as easy as walking in filling out one form and taking your gun. I don't know of any anger coming over me at all. But making it a LAW that you can only buy ONE gun a month DOES make me mad.
What the hel1 is the difference if I own the 15 I have or 25+ I'd like. It's just stupid!
Rule &#8470; 1:
No man-made law has =EVER= stopped anything from happening.
.
Rule &#8470; 2:
If a law cannot be enforced 100% of the time, then the law is useless.
.
Rule &#8470; 3:
If a law is useless, it is inoperable for any purpose save to harass.
.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 13, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

No spin zone wrote:
<quoted text>Well I'm a gun owner and I buy as many as I can afford. I can not buy one a month due to the price of about $1200 per weapon. And if you take the Mn carry class and have your card it's as easy as walking in filling out one form and taking your gun. I don't know of any anger coming over me at all. But making it a LAW that you can only buy ONE gun a month DOES make me mad.
What the hel1 is the difference if I own the 15 I have or 25+ I'd like. It's just stupid!
I don't believe you. You sound like a person who has never owned or purchased a gun, and who has never had a desire to have a gun.

My first rifle cost me $100.00 plus tax (no where near the $1200 you quote as typical).
rosco

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 13, 2009
 

Judged:

5

3

2

Only one gun per month? Still sounds like too many. Perhaps two guns or three per lifetime?

“Shall NOT be infringed”

Since: May 09

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 13, 2009
 

Judged:

1

"One gun a month"

How can that possibly be when:

"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed"?

It CANNOT be according to the "SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND".

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 13, 2009
 

Judged:

3

THE GUNS FORUM

FORUM ISSUE:

POST# 1679

BY: Law (Bellevue, NE)

rosco's sing-a-long...

Trollin', trollin', trollin,
Man, my sphincter's swollen.
Might be from cornholin', rawhide.

Don't really have a notion
And never use the lotion
I'm into all the motion, rawhide!"
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 13, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

rosco wrote:
Only one gun per month? Still sounds like too many. Perhaps two guns or three per lifetime?
Sounds like you are talking about your intelligent thoughts. And yes that is way too many for you. You would be lucky if you could verbalize just 1 intelligent thought a year.
No spin zone

Forest Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 13, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Tory II wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you. You sound like a person who has never owned or purchased a gun, and who has never had a desire to have a gun.
My first rifle cost me $100.00 plus tax (no where near the $1200 you quote as typical).
I don't buy crap. I would never buy a gun for $100 dollars. I buy nothing but Kimber Guns. If your shooting a $100 dollar gun ... you haven't really shot a gun. Go look them up at www.kimberamerica.com Hel1 my kids paint ball gun cost more than a $100 bucks.
Patrick H

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 13, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

NO more laws!! no one can possibly know all the laws in this "free" country of ours.
Lawyers making laws so lawyers can make more money.
Vote 'em all out...start over
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 13, 2009
 

Judged:

5

2

2

No spin zone wrote:
<quoted text>I don't buy crap. I would never buy a gun for $100 dollars. I buy nothing but Kimber Guns. If your shooting a $100 dollar gun ... you haven't really shot a gun. Go look them up at www.kimberamerica.com Hel1 my kids paint ball gun cost more than a $100 bucks.
Arrogantasshole! Some people can not afford the high dollar weapons, you jerk. It does not matter the cost of the device used for self protection, it only matters that they have the right.
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 13, 2009
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Patrick H wrote:
NO more laws!! no one can possibly know all the laws in this "free" country of ours.
Lawyers making laws so lawyers can make more money.
Vote 'em all out...start over
Amen. We need to get rid off the politicians & the lawyers. Then we could go back to laws that are Constitutional, according to Original Intent of the Founders.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 14, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>Amen. We need to get rid off the politicians & the lawyers.
But you repeat yourself ...
.
:o)
.
Wolverine wrote:
Then we could go back to laws that are Constitutional, according to Original Intent of the Founders.
Indeed!
—————
“Abuse of words has been the great instrument of sophistry and chicanery, of party, faction, and division of society.”

~ John Adams ~
—————

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 14, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Criminals don't always buy their guns at the gun store or thru the licensed gun dealer - therefore the one-gun-per-month law won't apply to them.

The (clean record) people who buy, thru the gun dealer, for the criminal have the time to buy one gun each month. The one-gun-per-month law only hinders the peaceful law-abiding person; it leaves them unsafe.

The one-gun-per-month law is just another slippery slope gun control law for peaceful people that benefits the criminals and govt.
No spin zone

Forest Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 14, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>Arrogantasshole! Some people can not afford the high dollar weapons, you jerk. It does not matter the cost of the device used for self protection, it only matters that they have the right.
It's not arrogant to buy the best when it comes to defending yourself and family. It does take a stupid asz like you not to know that. Maybe you should read his post again. You missed the point Jerk!
Don t Agree

Mesquite, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 14, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well if you disagree with it move.
Why stay in a state that want to control your RIGHTS ?
Why even pay taxes to a state that Takes away your
RIGHTS ?
Move WEST to GODS country!

“Show no Quarter !”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jul 14, 2009
 

Judged:

2

Don t Agree wrote:
Well if you disagree with it move.
Why stay in a state that want to control your RIGHTS ?
Why even pay taxes to a state that Takes away your
RIGHTS ?
Move WEST to GODS country!
If you don't fight it where it starts, it'll eventually follow you where ever you go. Like I've said on other threads:" I only run far enough so I can turn, aim, and fire'
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jul 14, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

No spin zone wrote:
<quoted text>It's not arrogant to buy the best when it comes to defending yourself and family. It does take a stupid asz like you not to know that. Maybe you should read his post again. You missed the point Jerk!
You are an arrogantasshole. I own guns ranging in price from $100 to several thousand dollars. Your original post was arrogant. This so called stupid ass was a soldier/cop for almost 12 years. Yeah I do not know how to buy a gun or use it. You are a fn idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of183
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Fire Weather Watch for Hudson County was issued at April 23 at 4:18AM EDT

•••
•••

Jersey City News Video

•••
•••

Jersey City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Jersey City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••