jellico electric important info bout our bills

Posted in the Jellico Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fed Up

Sikeston, MO

#1 Jan 27, 2011
keep waching this post cuz higher athority is stepping in and we are gonna need all we can to step up and tell the truth bout our bills...i wll keep u all posted as i find out things,cuz ive already made the calls and people are calling me back!!! it came to either py my bill or feed my kids,something has got to be done!!! so pleez stand behind us on this....
mad as hell

Chicago, IL

#2 Jan 27, 2011
I'm with you all the way
mad as hell

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 27, 2011
Let's do this.
get r done

United States

#4 Jan 27, 2011
lets det r done
Fed Up

Sikeston, MO

#5 Jan 27, 2011
I Spoke with the guy from TVA today and he said there was nothing that could be done about the electric bills,but i told him that everyone was fed up with it and i was not gonna stop till somethng was done one way or the other...in short TVA is behind them 100%,but im not gonna sit and take it without a fight...i will keep it posted as i fnd out anything..thanx everyone
cant afford it

United States

#6 Jan 27, 2011
Do you have a number we can call or somebody to write? I got a 400.00 electric bill on a empty home. Can anybody top that!!!!!
fed up too

United States

#7 Jan 28, 2011
Fed Up wrote:
I Spoke with the guy from TVA today and he said there was nothing that could be done about the electric bills,but i told him that everyone was fed up with it and i was not gonna stop till somethng was done one way or the other...in short TVA is behind them 100%,but im not gonna sit and take it without a fight...i will keep it posted as i fnd out anything..thanx everyone
I've dealt with tva before!they're the ones that set the tone for how much is charged here in jellico.so in short they're not going to help us!the only thing that could be done is for a bunch of people to call our representative for this district.and even with that,it will take just about every jellico electric customer to contact him!its called getting screwed!
sad

Knoxville, TN

#8 Jan 28, 2011
it's a bad thing that the city's electric and water does to us all, but if we all get involved and contact 6 on your side, perhaps don dare can embarrass them to tears? i mean, i have gas and electric and i tell you all that my bill was so high that my tax refund went for paying it
citizen

Knoxville, TN

#9 Jan 28, 2011
cant afford it wrote:
Do you have a number we can call or somebody to write? I got a 400.00 electric bill on a empty home. Can anybody top that!!!!!
That is unreal how they can do people. Mine went from 129.last month to 285. this month. Thats not as bad as alot of peoples i know, but its me and my husband we're at work all day and we eat so we dont use the electric stove.We turn our heat down to 68 before we leave for work.And when we're home its on 73. I really feel for those people who have families.
with family

United States

#10 Jan 28, 2011
Yes, ours has been extremely high. From $285 to over $400 and my children have been going hungry for several months now and why??? I dont qualify for assistance even though my bills are higher and my income is not.
And, I can only get a food box (that includes nothing to fix a complete dinner or even milk to go with a box of cereal) once a month.not enough food for one let alone a family of 5 ...yes, it is time for a change.
Just a comment

Manchester, TN

#11 Jan 28, 2011
I think there should be a change when it comes to the way the government does people. First let me state that I am not being smart to anyone that is on public assistance and needs it. It just makes me upset that the government will give out hundreds of dollars in food stamps, money, to people that don't even try to get out and get a job. Disibility is so easy to get if your a drug addict, but for someone that has worked for their whole lives that isn't able to work, it takes them years to get it, if thet get it at all. When we do fall on hard times and try to ask for enough assistance to get by, we aren't able to get any help because they say we make to much money. When there is a family of 5 and you are working 7.75 an hr jobs, how can that be too much money. I just think that the government is all screwed up and backward. I think they should help the working man just as fast as they hand out to the ones that know they have it made sitting on their butts.
Broke

Greenbrier, TN

#12 Jan 28, 2011
were paying for the Kingston Ash spill cleanup...no relief in sight
Jim

Tenafly, NJ

#13 Jan 29, 2011
Fed Up wrote:
Of course TVA is behind them , TVA is the ones that started raising the prices, luke I said on a related post :: Dont u read the Knoxville papers or watch the news. The newpeople know that it's TVA , they all started reporting about their prices going up last year. They have done it 3 times last year and it's all been on the news and the papers . So listen and read because there is NOTHING that can be done . It's TVA that raises the prices Jellico buys their electric from TVA and since they paid higher prices to TVA in turn Jellico has to raise our prices . U either pay it or they cut your electric off. Sad but true. Everything IS NOT JELLICO'S FAULT!!!!
Fed-Up

Knoxville, TN

#14 Jan 29, 2011
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Of course TVA is behind them , TVA is the ones that started raising the prices, luke I said on a related post :: Dont u read the Knoxville papers or watch the news. The newpeople know that it's TVA , they all started reporting about their prices going up last year. They have done it 3 times last year and it's all been on the news and the papers . So listen and read because there is NOTHING that can be done . It's TVA that raises the prices Jellico buys their electric from TVA and since they paid higher prices to TVA in turn Jellico has to raise our prices . U either pay it or they cut your electric off. Sad but true. Everything IS NOT JELLICO'S FAULT!!!!
So you are saying that TVA raised my electric bill from $139.00 to $475.00 over the past few months while I was out of town. I was standing on my back porch when the guy that reads the meters just pulled into my driveway and left back out....and was still able to come up with my meter reading. This is wrong for the way that we are being treated and yes I will be letting TVA hear my thoughts on what is going on here and how the Jellico Electric is letting them carry the blame for the high prices and not reading the meters.
kentucky wonder

Knoxville, TN

#15 Jan 29, 2011
ya'll just wait. the city is about to take over the electric system and get rid of the electric manager and the power board.
you ain't seen nothing yet. the city can't run its affairs much less the electric system. the people of jellico has had it so brace yourself. hard times are really coming.
local guy

United States

#16 Jan 29, 2011
you know its really funny they say we used almost 3000 gals of water at me house in december when i was the only one there 21 days of the month. and iv checked high and low for water leaks and cant find any. wonder how much itll be this month.
Jim

United States

#17 Jan 30, 2011
Fed-Up wrote:
<quoted text>So you are saying that TVA raised my electric bill from $139.00 to $475.00 over the past few months while I was out of town. I was standing on my back porch when the guy that reads the meters just pulled into my driveway and left back out....and was still able to come up with my meter reading. This is wrong for the way that we are being treated and yes I will be letting TVA hear my
thoughts on what is going on here and how
the Jellico Electric is letting them carry the
blame for the high prices and not reading the
meters.
Oh I agree about them estimating and putting down whatever sometimes because I wasn't working one day and the meter reader pulled up behind me suv didn't get out just sit there a few seconds and then started backing back down the driveway. I ran out onto the deck and hollared at him and told him that there was no way he could have read my meter because there was no way he could have seen it from all the way behind my vehicle. So he said he could see it and I told him he couldn't but none the less he pulled back up my driveway got out , walked to the meter and read it and from then on that same guy if he came and I was home he always got out to read it. Now whether he changed the first reading that day I don't know but. They are bad to not get out and read them. But TVA has raised their rates like 3-4 times in the last year it's been all over the news and in the paper. People in Knoxville are complaining too
ok i know

United States

#18 Jan 30, 2011
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I agree about them estimating and putting down whatever sometimes because I wasn't working one day and the meter reader pulled up behind me suv didn't get out just sit there a few seconds and then started backing back down the driveway. I ran out onto the deck and hollared at him and told him that there was no way he could have read my meter because there was no way he could have seen it from all the way behind my vehicle. So he said he could see it and I told him he couldn't but none the less he pulled back up my driveway got out , walked to the meter and read it and from then on that same guy if he came and I was home he always got out to read it. Now whether he changed the first reading that day I don't know but. They are bad to not get out and read them. But TVA has raised their rates like 3-4 times in the last year it's been all over the news and in the paper. People in Knoxville are complaining too
tva is puting in a new steam plant in rogersville tn to think we may be paying for it to
who

Knoxville, TN

#19 Jan 30, 2011
dont be on here talking about the mayors step son
As Always

United States

#20 Jan 31, 2011
I was looking through my past bills and in January of 07 my bill was 126.47. My bill for Dec of this year was 407.13. I do nothing different than what I have done every winter actually I stopped running a small heater last year. I seems no matter what you do it gets higher and you use less eletric and it keeps going up. For the one that posted about the 400 dollar bill. I can. I was gone for 3 weeks nothing was running in my house and got a bill for over 800. I have a friend who tried to sign up for the caring hearts program and he was denied. Does anybody know anyone who has got approved for this. I guess he wasnt broke enough. I bet if he went in there wiped out in on drugs he would have got it. Let me know who I can contact and I will help all I can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jellico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jellico powerboard coming back 2 hr Cisco 25
not many real and honest women left 3 hr POD 12
danny silcox is a drug head 19 hr hum 2
Black girl in the park a HOOKER? 20 hr Paul 6
Sunset trail road Fri POD 20
WHY do the cops let HOKERS walk in jellico park? Dec 24 Enter Username 72
game chicken equipment for sale (Oct '11) Dec 24 Lige 36
Jellico Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web