josey

La Follette, TN

#22 Jul 19, 2012
Oh so wronG wrote:
<quoted text>. Wrong again! Pam Carbaugh and the Tourism committee is over tourism. They have had 2 meetings since Jake left and they are busy planning events for the town.
Ur full of S@it, read the letter, Jake didn't leave,Jake's job was terminated. Question, is the Tourism Committe Volunteer now since the Director's Position was Terminated ?????? Oh So Wrong One...
well

Walland, TN

#23 Jul 19, 2012
LUCY wrote:
<quoted text> So I guess that means no more Tourisum for jellico..
WOW that will be a huge hit to the city. He did so much....for the Cupps, bringing them in every time the city needed entertainment. I bet the Cupps are pissed, no easy payday in Jellico anymore.
lucy

La Follette, TN

#24 Jul 19, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW that will be a huge hit to the city. He did so much....for the Cupps, bringing them in every time the city needed entertainment. I bet the Cupps are pissed, no easy payday in Jellico anymore.
What concerns me will Tourisum Committee be all Volunteer, or will the City still hafta pay that Tourisum Director's Salary..
well well

United States

#25 Jul 19, 2012
now maybe next year will be no more cupps on the 4th.
Public

Jellico, TN

#26 Jul 20, 2012
Jake was paid $500.00 a week for what the samething every year last year the mayor told him we want some new bands next year that didn't happen he also told him he wanted things in the park for our youth have you seen any of that? nope what you did see was when was asked to do something he always had something better to do. He was not fired, his hours were cut back but his was not the only. Before July 4th he went and cleaned his office out then he told Mr. Siwinski that he had resigned just read the paper because that paper is the sh!t. When Jake first took this job he did a very good job and then went down hill from there over the years. As for me I hope that they get the right people in there and bring stuff to this town for the youth because that is further of this town.
OhNo

Knoxville, TN

#27 Jul 20, 2012
Jellico's in big trouble then. She's a BE-ATCH!
LUCY

Strawberry Plains, TN

#28 Jul 20, 2012
Public wrote:
Jake was paid $500.00 a week for what the samething every year last year the mayor told him we want some new bands next year that didn't happen he also told him he wanted things in the park for our youth have you seen any of that? nope what you did see was when was asked to do something he always had something better to do. He was not fired, his hours were cut back but his was not the only. Before July 4th he went and cleaned his office out then he told Mr. Siwinski that he had resigned just read the paper because that paper is the sh!t. When Jake first took this job he did a very good job and then went down hill from there over the years. As for me I hope that they get the right people in there and bring stuff to this town for the youth because that is further of this town.
I AM JUST WONDERING WheRE DOES JELLICO HAVE A PARK. OTHER THAN THE INDIAN MTN STATE PARK.??
well well

United States

#29 Jul 20, 2012
it was the cupps for the last few years.makes you kind of think what was going on dont it.when the watt ladie was over it had good bands comeing to jellico
OhNo

Knoxville, TN

#30 Jul 21, 2012
NO MORE CUPPS! They are terrible and we are sick of them!!!!!!!!
Lucy

Knoxville, TN

#31 Jul 21, 2012
OhNo wrote:
NO MORE CUPPS! They are terrible and we are sick of them!!!!!!!!
Don't believe Cupps were all the Problem & a little Gospel Music is good for the sole. A little Rock & Roll is good too, so split them up & let everybody be Happy & let the music & Good Times Roll...
well well

United States

#32 Jul 21, 2012
yes gospel music is good but not year after year.lucy you must be for the cupps.just think of all that are sick of the cupps what do they work at nothing they say they sell cds but have you seen them i have not.we are sick of them that is why i dont go to any of the 4th any more cause of them
oh so right

Knoxville, TN

#33 Jul 22, 2012
Oh so wronG wrote:
<quoted text>. Wrong again! Pam Carbaugh and the Tourism committee is over tourism. They have had 2 meetings since Jake left and they are busy planning events for the town.
The letter Jake was sent said that his Position was Terminated.Ur right Pam Carbaugh is running the Tourism Committe,for now & we'll see how long it is before Jake's Postion is reinstrated & then see what Keg of Nails this opens up...
thoughts

Knoxville, TN

#34 Aug 3, 2012
Lets get one thing straight!,,, Jake's job was NOT terminated...... He was cut down to 20 hours a week meaning part time..... So Jake went on sick leave and never told anyone so after his time was up, that's when Jake was let go..... and another thing, the committee is made up of ALL volunteers!!!!! So if you have anything you want planned I'd say lets all meet at their meetings and tell them what we want!,,, I think they meet every 3rd Tuesday of every month.....
snakelady

United States

#35 Aug 3, 2012
All the mayor has done for me is lie bout sh** I'm new so him n all the high up ppl take up for the ppl born n raised here I'm an outsider it sucks here
Susie

Knoxville, TN

#36 Aug 3, 2012
snakelady wrote:
All the mayor has done for me is lie bout sh** I'm new so him n all the high up ppl take up for the ppl born n raised here I'm an outsider it sucks here
Why don't you leave then? And, take your snakes with ou when you leave!
one word for ya

Williamsburg, KY

#37 Aug 6, 2012
snakelady wrote:
MOVE!!!!!
Intelligent

Knoxville, TN

#38 Aug 7, 2012
One thing snake lady is right about. Jellico sucks. Move as soon as you can, and as far away from some of those people as possible. I'm trying my best too and just can't afford it yet.
Watching

Pigeon Forge, TN

#39 Aug 22, 2012
Intelligent wrote:
One thing snake lady is right about. Jellico sucks. Move as soon as you can, and as far away from some of those people as possible. I'm trying my best too and just can't afford it yet.
You are definitely showing intelligence when you talk about leaving here. This town's people have absolutely nothing to offer and no desire to make things better.
Builder

Knoxville, TN

#40 Sep 9, 2012
I read the paper that Mr. Bennet was given and he was terminated not the position. If anyone has sense they would have attended the council meetings, and they would know the truth. There were a few people that wanted Mr. Bennets job ( not saying any names) and they are good friends with the mayor and his wife. So Mr. Bennet was fired and several women assumed the postion so to say. Personally the only way you can get anything done around here is to be in the mayor's click. The mayor was a great mayor at first and done very well, but as he progressed he made bad decsions and some mistakes as every mayor we have had and will have has done. They cannot please everyone in this town so there will be people mad all the time. I dont approve of what he has done and he fired some people that didnt need to be fired, it was childish. I hope and pray that the mayor will try to the right things and that he will make some good decisions for the town and its people.
ele man

Williamsburg, KY

#43 Sep 22, 2012
jake was pocketing some of the money people paid to set up in the parking lot,but for his friends like the cupps \ hacklers\dougles/ an the ones with the big long trailer selling hamburgers an it was said he even had bigger wireing put in for this trailer vender so they would have power while no other had any.someone needs to check into this its cheating. they should be made to repay back a few years

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jellico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 3 min miss tuffet 150,452
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr Ben Fong 9,449
jellico city council 7 hr oswego 20
Jeff Davis 11 hr whats up 1
the blond that walks at park is she married 18 hr lawson 9
WHY do the cops let HOKERS walk in jellico park? 22 hr Ball barrens 43
Anyone Know Andy Maiden (Oct '12) Sat BTM nurse 20
•••
•••
•••

Jellico Jobs

•••
•••
•••