Who Will be The Next Sheriff of Fentress County

Created by Voting Is Important on Jun 20, 2010

2,620 votes

Click on an option to vote

Charles S. (Chuck) Cravens

Tony Choate

Gary "Goose" Ledbetter

Ray Atkinson

Spencer Hoover

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
jamestownvoter

United States

#1 Jun 22, 2010
I hope who ever becomes sheriff elects deputies that know what they are doing, and actually respect people.I think personally Tony or Gary would be a good sheriff.
think so too

Jamestown, TN

#2 Jun 22, 2010
jamestownvoter wrote:
I hope who ever becomes sheriff elects deputies that know what they are doing, and actually respect people.I think personally Tony or Gary would be a good sheriff.
Great post!
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

#3 Jun 22, 2010
jamestownvoter wrote:
I hope who ever becomes sheriff elects deputies that know what they are doing, and actually respect people.I think personally Tony or Gary would be a good sheriff.
Voter turn out will be less than 20%, so

Chucky will win
Frank Smith will win
Butch blevins will win

Just my $.02

Since: Jan 10

United States

#4 Jun 22, 2010
The way I see it is. If we vote chucky in we will have a bunch of kindergarden cops. If we vote for Ray chances are the stress will get to him and he will be in worse shape than he already is with his health. I like Ray. If Spencer gets it well we won't go there. If Goose gets it we would have it a little better. If we vote Tony in we will actually have deputies that will treat us with respect. I think that is what we need in a sheriffs office. I know for a fact and i can back anything i say up i know how chuckies deputies treated some very good friends of mine here recently and i think that is crap. Deputies are not only there to uphold the law they are there to show leadership.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5 Jun 23, 2010
I think Tony will bring the needed leadership into the sheriffs office we have needed for a long time. I do how ever think that some of the deputies are good guys and they try to do the right thing and up hold the law. I feel Tony will set a good example for his deputies and if you have good leadership and show respect to your deputies, Then they are likely to show respect for the job they hold and the people they serve.
stupid people irritate me

Jamestown, TN

#6 Jun 23, 2010
fentress_county_man wrote:
The way I see it is. If we vote chucky in we will have a bunch of kindergarden cops. If we vote for Ray chances are the stress will get to him and he will be in worse shape than he already is with his health. I like Ray. If Spencer gets it well we won't go there. If Goose gets it we would have it a little better. If we vote Tony in we will actually have deputies that will treat us with respect. I think that is what we need in a sheriffs office. I know for a fact and i can back anything i say up i know how chuckies deputies treated some very good friends of mine here recently and i think that is crap. Deputies are not only there to uphold the law they are there to show leadership.
and where is he gonna get these deputies??...the only other option is city cops will switch to county and vice versa...the county commissioners wont let him hire anyone cuz they dont wanna pay for the academy so little alone pay for a whole new force...everyone has to start somewhere.....
i hope

Jamestown, TN

#7 Jun 23, 2010
i guess i would say tony choate these little boys dont know what their doin older ones know alot more peple , butch blevins i have to say has kept the roads good and charlotte garrett she a good one all has my vote!!
fentress county man

United States

#8 Jun 23, 2010
stupid people irritate me wrote:
<quoted text>
and where is he gonna get these deputies??...the only other option is city cops will switch to county and vice versa...the county commissioners wont let him hire anyone cuz they dont wanna pay for the academy so little alone pay for a whole new force...everyone has to start somewhere.....


Why would they have to pay for the academy? We have plenty of qualified people that are a whole lot better than what we got now.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#9 Jun 23, 2010
fentress county man wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would they have to pay for the academy? We have plenty of qualified people that are a whole lot better than what we got now.
Kind of curious. Where are all the qualified people at?
larry

Grimsley, TN

#10 Jun 24, 2010
any decent hard working person wouldnt have the job. thats why we have sorry deputys like richards and moon just to name a few.
a tax payer

Taylor, AR

#11 Jun 24, 2010
maybe gary peters should be sheriff his dipatchers are out answering calls for the deputies while they sit at the jail mmmm

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#12 Jun 24, 2010
I stand by my thoughts on Tony, But it doesn't matter who i like or who anybody else likes, What matters is who will do the best thing for Fentress Co. and if whoever wins they need to worry about the county as a whole not just a few certain ones. We live in a small town and there will always be talk. The only thing i worry about is when that talk takes away from the office and the people in it.
fentress

Jamestown, TN

#13 Jun 24, 2010
a tax payer wrote:
maybe gary peters should be sheriff his dipatchers are out answering calls for the deputies while they sit at the jail mmmm
person with many duties and trying to get more$$
straight talk

Jamestown, TN

#14 Jun 24, 2010
now there is all talk of bad deputies. I agree that there are a few down there that dont need to be. but there are also a few that deserve the job and do their job how it is suppose to be done. not good ole boy politics. it is just the bad ones everyone knows and the good ones get put up on the same level and thats just not right.
agree

Whitley City, KY

#15 Jun 24, 2010
jamestownvoter wrote:
I hope who ever becomes sheriff elects deputies that know what they are doing, and actually respect people.I think personally Tony or Gary would be a good sheriff.
You r so right
concerned taxpayer

Jamestown, TN

#16 Jun 25, 2010
why talk about derek he always helped me i think he does a great job
somewhereintime

Jamestown, TN

#17 Jun 25, 2010
Timbuk2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Voter turn out will be less than 20%, so
Chucky will win
Frank Smith will win
Butch blevins will win
Just my $.02
It's worth about $.02 - this would be a triple tragidy!!!
somewhereintime

Jamestown, TN

#18 Jun 25, 2010
I know I spelled tragedy wrong - people always get so excited when you spell words wrong and I thought this would get your attention ---
who

Jamestown, TN

#19 Jun 25, 2010
larry wrote:
any decent hard working person wouldnt have the job. thats why we have sorry deputys like richards and moon just to name a few.
moon is a good cop i think u just crazy he busted your ass for something and now u just talken shit bout him

Since: Jun 10

United States

#20 Jul 2, 2010
Getting close to early voting.I just wanred to get this back up to the top.(LOL)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jamestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how is everyone?? 2 hr mom of 3 angel boys 8
firing at courthouse???? 2 hr taxpayer 55
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 3 hr here now 152,478
Ebola in the U.S.A. / Blame the Federal Govt. 3 hr dollop 11
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr WTH 9,481
Andy Wills 5 hr josh young 2
old save a lot 6 hr wood 2
Jamestown Dating
Find my Match

Jamestown Jobs

Jamestown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jamestown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jamestown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]