Lottery begins for JSO corrections officers layoffs

Posted in the Jacksonville Forum

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Jul 26, 2012
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

This is a joke.. Why not kill the jobs of the over paid fat lifers that are making over 100 grand a year?... Face the facts folks.. What person in there right mind would use bingo balls to determine who gets laid off? Why not go by Job performance and cost?

This sure does shows where Sheriff Rutherfords loyalty stands when it comes to protection and serving ..

I have more respect for a cockroach...
----------

"The Sheriff was forced to call out the names of the corrections officers like in a bingo game.

JSO is even using bingo balls to help determine who will be first in line to possibly get their job back down the line."

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstori...
Good grief

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 23, 2012
 
Only in Cowford would they use such an infantile method.
why

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Why not use job performance? Heaven forbid they should get rid of dead weight. The lottery sounds like something that the union would come up with.

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 23, 2012
 
How pathetic, Sheriff Rutherford waste the taxpayers money with blotted budgets and then he lacks the responsibility to choose those that need to be laid-off. How pathetic!
Westside conservative

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
How pathetic, Sheriff Rutherford waste the taxpayers money with blotted budgets and then he lacks the responsibility to choose those that need to be laid-off. How pathetic!
Perhaps you could enlighten us as to where you see the waste and where trimming could be done?

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Westside conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you could enlighten us as to where you see the waste and where trimming could be done?
http://www.coj.net/departments/sheriffs-offic...

You want waste, go to this link; it is a pdf type file and cannot be pasted however it shows the positions being eliminated. Looks like a bunch of yea really nice to have people if money is no issue. Then you look at the Sheriff and under sheriffs that are making six figure salaries (good for them) but are they needed? Is the JSO top heavy?

In the link below, Summary of Vacated Supervisor Positions you will see some of the positions the JSO would like to fill just how many Chiefs and Assistant Chiefs does the JSO need?
http://www.coj.net/departments/sheriffs-offic...

Finally the Sheriff’s office (The JSO) is Government and we all know that Government is wasteful especially those Union and Government Lawyer negotiated and unsustainable Pension Plans.
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 24, 2012
 
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.coj.net/departments/sheriffs-offic...
You want waste, go to this link; it is a pdf type file and cannot be pasted however it shows the positions being eliminated. Looks like a bunch of yea really nice to have people if money is no issue. Then you look at the Sheriff and under sheriffs that are making six figure salaries (good for them) but are they needed? Is the JSO top heavy?
In the link below, Summary of Vacated Supervisor Positions you will see some of the positions the JSO would like to fill just how many Chiefs and Assistant Chiefs does the JSO need?
http://www.coj.net/departments/sheriffs-offic...
Finally the Sheriff’s office (The JSO) is Government and we all know that Government is wasteful especially those Union and Government Lawyer negotiated and unsustainable Pension Plans.
Good post Mr Logic.. Also keep in mind that WSC is loyal to JSO.. I believe that he has connections with JSO because of this blind loyalty..

Also someone has highjacked my name again .. Several posts below this one are not mine.. I figure someone has the hots for me, or they want to be like me..
Westside conservative

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 25, 2012
 
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.coj.net/departments/sheriffs-offic...
You want waste, go to this link; it is a pdf type file and cannot be pasted however it shows the positions being eliminated. Looks like a bunch of yea really nice to have people if money is no issue. Then you look at the Sheriff and under sheriffs that are making six figure salaries (good for them) but are they needed? Is the JSO top heavy?
In the link below, Summary of Vacated Supervisor Positions you will see some of the positions the JSO would like to fill just how many Chiefs and Assistant Chiefs does the JSO need?
http://www.coj.net/departments/sheriffs-offic...
Finally the Sheriff’s office (The JSO) is Government and we all know that Government is wasteful especially those Union and Government Lawyer negotiated and unsustainable Pension Plans.
Logic, I can agree with the top heavy but get rid of all the management and you still haven't filled the $6.1 million dollar gap the mayor threw on Rutherford at the last minute.

I still refer to the Matrix study which Peyton had ordered because he believed he could eviscerate JSO's budget by showing it to be full of fat. Instead they said JSO is one of the best run departments in the country and needs more officers.

http://www.coj.net/departments/sheriffs-offic...

Remember Rutherford has said he can save over a million by getting out of the city motorpool but they will not let him.

"Rutherford has told the city for years that privatizing fleet services can save money, said Councilman Richard Clark, Finance Committee chairman. But any move to private providers should be done by the whole city and not one agency, he said.

"We agree 100 percent with the sheriff," Clark said. "That isn't to say that we're going to let any constitutional officer abandon what we're doing collectively."

Read more at Jacksonville.com : http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2011-10-05...

My primary problem with all of this is that the primary function of government is to provide for the common defense of its citizens through entities like JSO, JFRD, etc. Instead government squanders billions on nonsense that it has no business doing. For example if you check the city budget the park budget is doubling this year going up almost 9 million dollars.$105 million is set aside for transportation. There is over $4 million for a new economic development office. Then we can talk about the water park the city wants to build on Soutel. There is tons of waste in our government that could be cut without cutting the vital functions. When you get the real fat trimmed out then we can talk about trimming vital city services but when the parks department gets 1 and a 1/3 of what was taken from JSO that is a problem.
right

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 25, 2012
 
King of wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post Mr Logic.. Also keep in mind that WSC is loyal to JSO.. I believe that he has connections with JSO because of this blind loyalty..
Also someone has highjacked my name again .. Several posts below this one are not mine.. I figure someone has the hots for me, or they want to be like me..
Perhaps, Madonna is on Topix, posting under your name....
King of wisdom

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 25, 2012
 
Westside conservative wrote:
<quoted text>

Remember Rutherford has said he can save over a million by getting out of the city motorpool but they will not let him.
"Rutherford has told the city for years that privatizing fleet services can save money
Rutherford is looking out for his own interest and nothing more.. Im sure he would get kick backs from the deal..

Privatizing city services will do nothing more then drive up cost and lower the quality of service just like it has done with the garbage and trash pick up..
boldnewhicktowno fthesouth

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 26, 2012
 
JSO is one of Jacksonville's biggest employers, but yet Jacksonville has a super high crime rate. I've lived in big cities with much larger populations, with less crime, and police departments at least half the size as JSO. The JSO has so many lazy officers and they should be eliminated because of their poor job performance. Good, hard working officers could be eliminated by this stupid bingo method of deciding who to eliminate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Jacksonville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jacksonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Jacksonville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jacksonville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••