Neighbors turn out to oppose new Tenn. mosque

Jun 18, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Jackson Sun

An overflow crowd turned out for a Rutherford County Commission meeting to speak against plans to build a mosque and Islamic community center in the area.

Comments
41 - 60 of 125 Comments Last updated Aug 23, 2012
angus spandex jnr

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2010

Judged:

Isreality wrote:
<quoted text>
And your grandparents were Native Americans, I take it?
ungrateful half human
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2010

Judged:

Why should we give any space to those who want to kill our Jewish citizens? Muslims hate Jews and think it is ok to kill them. They think it is ok to kill non muslims in general. So what are they doing in the country? Who needs these kinds of murderous ideas?
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2010

More on the Ground Zero mosque hoo ha:
www.calgaryherald.com/news/Martinuk+Ground+Ze...
jade

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

Brandi screw you if u was all about Jesus you would know not to judge people because of religion!!!!! Just like Christians their are good and bad Muslims its just about how strong you are in your faith!!! And I'm sure of u lived in the middle east you would want a church and wouldn't want people talking sh*t about your religon!!! I am Christian and I accept people by their heart not religon!!!!!
jade

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

Well of the Jews were not trying to take muslim land and killing innocent people in Palestine they would not have that hate in their heat for the Jews do some research and then you might understand

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

jade wrote:
Well of the Jews were not trying to take muslim land and killing innocent people in Palestine they would not have that hate in their heat for the Jews do some research and then you might understand
You try researching Muslim.
If you Muslims stopped attacking Israel the problems would go away.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

jade wrote:
So, really, it is all about your burning anti-Semitism. America is at war. Muslim are the enemy. They should be rounded up and put into detention camps and their filthy mosque should be razed.

Humboldt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

I see dumb and stupid are not unconstitutional yet.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

Get out of America, filthy degenerate.

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

nice conversation ya got there but let me ask u something what would u do if all of the muslim countries got to gather decided to invade us. kick us out of our houses and put a blind in front of the whole world to the point where nobody cares about u dying out of hunger or lack of medicine, or about ur kids getting killed in front of ur eyes while u cant do nothing about it and on top of all of that call ur own house home!!!! and for all of you that think that ya know about Israel and the situation over there i want to tell u one thing christens are suffering just as muslims are in palestine (israel) i've been there and saw the truth media shows u what capitalist want u to see and believe but the truth christens are suffering just as much...
Anonymous

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

ppl really need to back off of muslims. im a christian and married to a muslim and he has open my eyes to alot and i never been this happier.all you ppl talking down on muslims need to turn to god and ask for forgiveness.muslim is a wonderful religion.. nobody knows what there going through or been through..so sit back and think how would yall feel if some one started talking shit about our religion and have no idea about it...
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

michelle16 wrote:
ppl really need to back off of muslims. im a christian and married to a muslim and he has open my eyes to alot and i never been this happier.all you ppl talking down on muslims need to turn to god and ask for forgiveness.muslim is a wonderful religion.. nobody knows what there going through or been through..so sit back and think how would yall feel if some one started talking shit about our religion and have no idea about it...
Your whole post is full of crap.

QUESTION #1: "WHY DO YOU BLASPHEME BY CALLING JESUS ‘GOD’? HOW CAN JESUS BE GOD? "

WHY DO MUSLIMS OBJECT TO THIS? See The Qur’an’s Teaching:

(Sura 5:72,73)“They do blaspheme who say:‘God is Christ the son of Mary.’ But said Christ,‘O children of Israel, Worship God, my Lord and your Lord.’ Whoever joins other gods with God, God will forbid him the garden, and the fire will be his abode… for there is no god except One God.”

(Sura 3:79)“It is not (possible) that a man, to whom is given the Book and wisdom and the prophetic office, should say to people,‘Be ye my worshippers rather than God’s.’”

(Sura 4:171)“Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from Him.”

ANSWER #1: Explanation From John 1:1-3,14:

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made… And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the father, full of grace and truth.”

This part of the Holy Injil (New Testament) tells us the eternal Word of God, which in the beginning of creation was “with God,” also “was God.” Everything God created, He created by saying,“Be!” which means He created everything by Himself, by His own Word. God's Word is not another God; God's Word is God's communication of Himself. Can God exist without His Word? Obviously not. Was there ever a time when God's Word did not exist? Of course not. This is like my speech or communication, which is a distinct entity of my being, but certainly is not a second being separate from me. So God is One, and part of that oneness is His Word, which comes out from Him and communicates Himself to us. In Arabic Jesus is called,“Kalamat Ullah,” the Word of God. He came out from God and came into the world as a human being. God in His sovereignty chose to reveal Himself to us through His Word – His Word, who became one of us and lived among us. In comparing Jesus Christ with the prophet Adam, the Bible tells us,“The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven.”(1 Corinthians 15:47) After 33 years on this earth, when the Lord Jesus the Messiah was about to return back to heaven, he himself indicated he had existed in Almighty God from before creation:“I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do, and now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.”(John 17:4,5)
jkd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

Hmmm. What religious affiliation did the 9/11 highjackers align themselves with? I can see why people would have a problem with giving the same exact people a place to worship, and plot the next attack. Our nation doesn't need anymore terrorists.
i love my musilm husband

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

jkd wrote:
Hmmm. What religious affiliation did the 9/11 highjackers align themselves with? I can see why people would have a problem with giving the same exact people a place to worship, and plot the next attack. Our nation doesn't need anymore terrorists.
Just because they are Muslim does not give you the right.to judge a whole nation from the actions of them look at all the Americans killing their own kids and family and I bet they are Christian if u want to talk shit talk shit about something you know about

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

i love my musilm husband wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because they are Muslim does not give you the right.to judge a whole nation from the actions of them look at all the Americans killing their own kids and family and I bet they are Christian if u want to talk shit talk shit about something you know about
The tens of thousands of Muslims who commit terrorism, violence and political upheaval give everyone with a modicum of reason to point the finger at Islam as the cause.

It is a fact that not all Muslims are violent, but there is no doubt that Islam is the source of Islamic Terrorism.

If there are some of you who do not choose this path, that does NOT relive Islam of it's culpability.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

i love my musilm husband wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because they are Muslim does not give you the right.to judge a whole nation from the actions of them ....
Sure it does. Islam is pure evil.
jade

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Judged:

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it does. Islam is pure evil.
Ok well I don't see you judging all the people who claim to be christians and strong belivers of Jesus that are killing their kids and family so before you judge others you should do a reality check all this is; is pure jealousy and childish the topic is about a mosque so people who belive in the musilm religon and just because some one is musilm does not mean they are not American it just that they study a different religion !!! And as far as I can recall Christian are not supposed to judge NO ONE!!!! I don't see any one making a big deal about Church of Christ, baptist , Catholic ,Pentecostal, ext.... Muslim has just as much rights in the USA as the rest of religons so with that being said I think that you so called Christians need to step back and actually read what the BIBLE says before you judge anyone by religion race or sex.... No one is purfect no matter what religon we may practice... Nothing will never be good enough for no one so before you judge one religion you need to look at the rest of the ecause no one is purfect!!!!!!

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Judged:

michelle16 wrote:
Are your children allowed to be Christians if they want to be? No? didn't think so.
Anonymous

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Judged:

jkd wrote:
yall have no idea about the muslim religion not all muslims are terrorists yall need to get yalls info right
Anonymous

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Judged:

supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
Are your children allowed to be Christians if they want to be? No? didn't think so.
i dont have kids but if i did i would want them to be what there father is .my husband is a dam good person and never harmed anybody..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Jackson Forum right now

Search the Jackson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Lax Adult Film Co. 24 min High Sheriff 66
Proof of God 51 min Believer 363
Englewood (Jun '13) 59 min Believer 1,398
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr WTSenior 140,883
John David Johnson 2 hr guest 2
Sleezy Wallace 2 hr Mr Sock Puppet 130
Bill & Dan 3 hr noway 35
not a topic 3 hr Rockhound 60
Melanie Ferrell Topix Post Removed 8 hr Guest 57
jmcss 14 hr Madison Academic 25
Usj money 19 hr hey 21
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jackson Jobs