105.3 FM Talk Radio

Posted in the Jackson Forum

Durham, NC

#1 Sep 19, 2012
Does anyone know what has happened to 105.3.It use to be talk radio but all they have had on lately is music.I enjoyed listening to the Frankie Laxx show in the evening driving home from work.Have they changed formats or something?

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#2 Sep 19, 2012
I copied this from their website:
TJ Network fans will find that 105.3 is no longer part of the TJ Network due to that signal's sale to another company. We apologize for any inconvenience, but you may continue to listen on 1390 AM, 94.1FM and 94.3FM as well as streaming our locally produced shows via WTJS.com .(we have a new website in the works that will make it easier to listen with mobile.)
shezzz

Lexington, TN

#3 Sep 19, 2012
This proves fox news listeners really are the brain-dead and un-imformed.

Jackson, TN

#5 Sep 19, 2012
You mean Frankie Laxx who is the owner of Laxx Security? What a tool. He is a Woolfork wannabie.
tom

Lexington, TN

#6 Sep 20, 2012
Did they not make announcements about the change beforehand??? The details of the change has been out in the news for weeks. Maybe try reading newspapers, even online. Heck, the announcement was on the WTJS website and facebook. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Tech

Jackson, TN

#7 Sep 20, 2012
I first heard about this change in late May.
The dove

United States

#8 Sep 22, 2012
The Dove took over the station! Christian Music uplifting!! Amazing change for all the dove listeners!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#9 Sep 24, 2012
Frankie Laxx can go blow himself on a fucking unicycle. He's a racist pig who thinks he is somehow entitled to an opinion on everything because he owns a security company. Well ya know what, I think he's really just a scared little bitch and wouldn't say half the shit he does on air to someone's face. And yeah, the TJ Network is owned by Fox, and they have an equal amount of ignorant lunatics who listen to that garbage. I'm glad its gone.
smokey

Covington, TN

#10 Sep 24, 2012
Opie is back on 105.3. Now all we need is Buzz and Harvey and the good ole days will be here again!
tiago rodriguez

Cottage Grove, TN

#11 Dec 29, 2012
Buzz still works at 92.3 as far as I know and Harvey has more than moved on from radio. What makes the good ol days the good ol days is that they are gone.
Talk Radio Aint Right

Humboldt, TN

#12 Jan 2, 2013
All these talk show "hosts wannabees" are a joke. We learned about Bill Way's true nature with his racism. Hearing about Fox owning WTJS I'm not surprised with Frankie Laxx trying to be a bigoted radio host.

Fox is a corporate way to get your money. Ad dollars, book dollars, Christian dollars to a blind electorate.

Lexington, TN

#13 Jan 2, 2013
Fox doesn't own WTJS radio. WTJS has to pay fox for being an affiliate and carrying their programs.

Jackson, TN

#14 Jan 2, 2013
105.3 does not do a talk format any longer. They have been playing Christian music since the middle of the fall. They are not owned by the company that owns WTJS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael montoya 32 min john 19
BEWARE of Carolina Ave and Salon! 39 min Now what 59
Katie Browder Stricklin 2 hr Advice 9
Playground for pooches: LANA to manage Jackson ... 2 hr Brads Rear 27
It's hard 5 hr Guest 3
new JPD top cop 5 hr lucas 36
strap-on 5 hr thegf 18
Cheating spouses and their trickery... (Nov '13) 8 hr james 69
Mayor relieves Jackson police chief of duties 11 hr Ms Sam Cat 22
Jackson Dating