Comments
1 - 20 of 69 Comments Last updated Sep 23, 2011
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
IDK

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 3, 2011
 
I understand that as a third or fourth tier market, Jackson, TN will never have first pick at the "new anchor" lottery. But, these new ones never seem to improve.
The station cannot even seem to que the proper videos at the proper time.
I can't even understand the new weather woman. She either has no voice inflection on air personality) and/or emphasizes the wrong words.
IDK
sugahbaby

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 3, 2011
 
I like the new weather girl. I'm glad the weather guy Nick left. He was hermon munster creepy. The new younger weather man is very very good. I wish they would get rid of Gary Pickens and keep the new weatherman. Oh speaking of creepy, what about the new chubby balding guy with the weird eyes who hosts the morning news. We have to wake up and see THAT on in the morning. NO THANKS!
big peter

Covington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 4, 2011
 
Get rid of Eddie Munster and keep the new weather girl. She is Hotttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!

“FROM ASHES I WILL RISE”

Since: Oct 10

YOUR FUTURE LEADER

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 4, 2011
 
I guess you guys, just don't want to get your news, they have to be hot and good looking.
eyefollowu

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 4, 2011
 
Back in the day, when you turned on the news local or national it was read to you by a 50ish old white man. He gave it to you straight and didn't waste time trying to entertain you. To tell you how bad it was, everybbody thought Barbara Walters was eye candy.

“FROM ASHES I WILL RISE”

Since: Oct 10

YOUR FUTURE LEADER

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 4, 2011
 
eyefollowu wrote:
Back in the day, when you turned on the news local or national it was read to you by a 50ish old white man. He gave it to you straight and didn't waste time trying to entertain you. To tell you how bad it was, everybbody thought Barbara Walters was eye candy.
Exactly, they just read the news.
Tiny

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 5, 2011
 
Why is it that the usual business of delivering news, weather or anything is just a step beyond WBBJ?
IDK

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 6, 2011
 
Well said Tiny!!
Fannie Foo Foo

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 6, 2011
 
sugahbaby wrote:
I like the new weather girl. I'm glad the weather guy Nick left. He was hermon munster creepy. The new younger weather man is very very good. I wish they would get rid of Gary Pickens and keep the new weatherman. Oh speaking of creepy, what about the new chubby balding guy with the weird eyes who hosts the morning news. We have to wake up and see THAT on in the morning. NO THANKS!
Even if Nick was gay and proud of it, he was a very nice and a valuable part of our community. He participated in so many philantropic efforts. We loved you NICK!
Spiderman

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 6, 2011
 
He is well and truly missed as is Brandon Artilles. Thank goodness for Jonquil (sp?). She is so very talented, we will probably lose her too.

Mr. Britt, Mr. Pickens, Mr.Douglass, Ms. McAlister and Mr. McEvoy are talented as well.
The new anchors/weather people probably just need seasoning.
I guess WBBJ doesn't pay well enough to attract top tier talent. I don't mind being within their first market, where they hone their skills.
Snowbaby

Eads, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 6, 2011
 
My man Gary said it's going to Snow this week-end!
stuff

Covington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brittany Patterson has a hot body! Can't wait til summer when she is doing the weather in skimpy outfits!
sugahbaby

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 8, 2011
 
Fannie Foo Foo wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if Nick was gay and proud of it, he was a very nice and a valuable part of our community. He participated in so many philantropic efforts. We loved you NICK!
I never said anything about someone being gay. I said he was creepy. Why would you feel compelled to share his sexual preference with everyone? I could care less.
I said he was creepy. That was a critique of his on air presence and has nothing to do with his sexual life which is nobody's business and I as someone who casually watches the local news would have never known unless you brought it up. I'm sorry you equate "creepy" with "gay".
Opinion

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 10, 2011
 
My issue with Mike McEvoy is that he apparently thinks he's something better than he is. In recent days on facebook I've seen that he made himself a fanpage... not a regular facebook page but a fanpage like he's a celebrity or something. Wake up dude and realize you are a no name local weather guy who is wrong most of the time anyway.
guest

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 10, 2011
 
Opinion wrote:
My issue with Mike McEvoy is that he apparently thinks he's something better than he is. In recent days on facebook I've seen that he made himself a fanpage... not a regular facebook page but a fanpage like he's a celebrity or something. Wake up dude and realize you are a no name local weather guy who is wrong most of the time anyway.
It is funny to see a guy who makes about $20,000 a year thinks he is doing weather in New York or LA. What a complete goof and loser!
Umm

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 12, 2011
 
What's the difference between having a fan page and a regular account? They'd be basically the same thing. They should put stuff on wbbjtv.com , because their website blows.

I don't see a problem with the facebook thing though, your over thinking...
southern belle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 13, 2011
 

Judged:

1

sugahbaby wrote:
<quoted text>I never said anything about someone being gay. I said he was creepy. Why would you feel compelled to share his sexual preference with everyone? I could care less.
I said he was creepy. That was a critique of his on air presence and has nothing to do with his sexual life which is nobody's business and I as someone who casually watches the local news would have never known unless you brought it up. I'm sorry you equate "creepy" with "gay".
Hmm u must be gay
southern belle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 13, 2011
 
guest wrote:
<quoted text>It is funny to see a guy who makes about $20,000 a year thinks he is doing weather in New York or LA. What a complete goof and loser!
Well they have to start somewhere
Whaaat

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 14, 2011
 
Mike Mcevoy's the man!!!!!!!!

“Si vis pacem,para bellum!”

Since: Apr 10

Jackson, Tennessee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 14, 2011
 
I miss Dee Ann Perkins and Keata Nicholson!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

106 Users are viewing the Jackson Forum right now

Search the Jackson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
electronic cigarettes? (Jan '14) 4 min Guest 12
Proof of God 4 min Auntie Theist 432
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 13 min TN Voter 141,248
Trucks of jackson 16 min BillyBob 7
Writers Club 35 min Reading is Fundamental 12
Im A Christian Therefore Im A Republican 36 min Reading is Fundamental 10
Dougie gets Fiscal job at Health Dept 1 hr Not Right 1
Englewood (Jun '13) 2 hr you are lacking 1,425
jonathan montoya 3 hr mdcop 93
Usj money 12 hr Gibson County 28
Ace Hardware RIGGED Give-a-way 16 hr wow 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jackson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Jackson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••