NOLAW

AOL

#125 Mar 24, 2011
Barbi wrote:
<quoted text>first off Melinda shot herself and if her family would have agreed to blood tranfusions she would still be here my uncle did not kill her and he was not found guilty u need to get facts straight he loved Melinda and they were to be married
Your uncle was found guilty in a Court of Law in Franklin Co.
(look it up.) The only reason he skipped prison was because
it was left up to the Jackson Co. Prosecutor to prosecute him,
which was never done. Melinda's family could not have made
the decision for no blood transfusion Melinda was deceased
before the family members even got to her.
They were not going to be married Melinda was afraid of him.
She was planning to visit a friend in Florida to get away
from him. Maybe your uncle should give you some of the
STRAIGHT facts...
it's who u know

Logan, OH

#126 Mar 24, 2011
NOLAW wrote:
<quoted text>Your uncle was found guilty in a Court of Law in Franklin Co.
(look it up.) The only reason he skipped prison was because
it was left up to the Jackson Co. Prosecutor to prosecute him,
which was never done. Melinda's family could not have made
the decision for no blood transfusion Melinda was deceased
before the family members even got to her.
They were not going to be married Melinda was afraid of him.
She was planning to visit a friend in Florida to get away
from him. Maybe your uncle should give you some of the
STRAIGHT facts...
Amen.
ashamed 2 live n jackson

Newark, OH

#128 Mar 25, 2011
police student wrote:
I know a lot of things that happen in this town. There's a lot of drugs being sold here by the big name people in this town but you never hear about it but I have sources that I know I can trust. The Denny murder should have been solved a long time ago Jeff was found with clothing from the apartment and there was other items they found at his house when they busted him but it didn't get brought out because he knows to much on the big shots and they don't want the people in the community to k ow about it. I think if we would step up and get the piece if shit people in the city offices and some of the law enforcement out this would be a better town. I don't want to get started with the judge I've personally seen drugs being cooked downin his old law office and one of the lawyers was the one to drop it off. I know this I was there with a friend who was buying drugs for his brother. There's a lot that goes on in this town people have no.clue about and never will. I'd like to publish everything in the newspaper and we would look at everything different in this town and see who the real crooks was.
Jeff's brother is city councilman or something like that, right. I rest my case.
LAN

Piketon, OH

#129 Mar 31, 2011
Her name was MALINDA NEWSOME McINTOSH!!! She was loved and she is missed. Her Parents are Ronald and Patsy Newsome Brother Keith Newsome Sisters Kathy, Lisa and Laura Newsome. She was shot and killed April 4 1989. Every year I say to myself it will be better this year. Im still waiting for that day. So to all the Families who have lost a family member to MURDER. My Heart goes out to u. I think of these Families all the time. I dont know u and your Families but know u can never give up on the fight to see justice. With all my Love, Respect, and Prayers. Malinda's Baby sister! Laura Newsome Elder
Jonny

Monroeville, PA

#130 Apr 1, 2011
Come on your a moron if you believe that he didn't kill her. Just because your found not guilty doesn't mean your not. They got him for wrongful death. Use some common sense your uncle is a murderer.
Barbi wrote:
<quoted text>first off Melinda shot herself and if her family would have agreed to blood tranfusions she would still be here my uncle did not kill her and he was not found guilty u need to get facts straight he loved Melinda and they were to be married
ginger

Athens, OH

#131 Apr 1, 2011
Edd Potts raised me from a small child. He has never been anything but GREAT to me. He was married to my grandma for a long time and I lived with them. I never saw Edd get violent in any way. There is no way I could ever believe he is a murderer. My dad was murdered here in Jackson and the man that killed him has still not been charged so I know how you feel, wanting justice and all. Nobody was in those woods that day, and in my opinion no one knows what exactly happened. Sometimes its easier to blame someone than to see the truth. I don't think it is right for you to call someone a MORON for taking up for their family, which is the same thing you are doing on this post. When it comes down to it, everyone is going to take the side of their own family. I am very sorry for your loss and I pray for your family to have peace in their lives.
Jonny

Monroeville, PA

#132 Apr 1, 2011
I'm not related to either side but I knew them both and if you look at the evidence there is no question this wasn't self inflicted. As for her saying he was found not guilty I have one thing to say to that "O.J Simpson".
ginger wrote:
Edd Potts raised me from a small child. He has never been anything but GREAT to me. He was married to my grandma for a long time and I lived with them. I never saw Edd get violent in any way. There is no way I could ever believe he is a murderer. My dad was murdered here in Jackson and the man that killed him has still not been charged so I know how you feel, wanting justice and all. Nobody was in those woods that day, and in my opinion no one knows what exactly happened. Sometimes its easier to blame someone than to see the truth. I don't think it is right for you to call someone a MORON for taking up for their family, which is the same thing you are doing on this post. When it comes down to it, everyone is going to take the side of their own family. I am very sorry for your loss and I pray for your family to have peace in their lives.
LAN

Piketon, OH

#133 Apr 1, 2011
To Ginger and Barbi I'm so happy that u never seen the MAN that I did. If u would like to look into it her name is Malinda Newsome mcIntosh ( not Melinda)T he facts r there in a Court Of Law. Im not on there to Defend my Sister or Family. We have already done that. I hope He has treated his own Kids with the Love and Understanding that he did u. Malinda Love those Kids. So to Jessica, Ashley and the Twins My Sister Loved U as if U were her own Kids. I hope all for u r doing well.
Jonny

Monroeville, PA

#134 Apr 1, 2011
That's right she did! She was a good and loving person. I think that's why this case really sticks with people she really didn't derserve to die so young and her family who is like one of my own didn't deserve to have to deal with this for such a draged out time period. Her mother Patsy is one of the nicest people you will ever meet and their family has been threw a lot with many trials. It would just be nice if they really good have got closure on this one. I was just telling someone this morning about this case and googled it thats how I found this forum. It says a lot that people are still so passinate 20 years later.
LAN wrote:
To Ginger and Barbi I'm so happy that u never seen the MAN that I did. If u would like to look into it her name is Malinda Newsome mcIntosh ( not Melinda)T he facts r there in a Court Of Law. Im not on there to Defend my Sister or Family. We have already done that. I hope He has treated his own Kids with the Love and Understanding that he did u. Malinda Love those Kids. So to Jessica, Ashley and the Twins My Sister Loved U as if U were her own Kids. I hope all for u r doing well.
kelly

Logan, OH

#135 Apr 1, 2011
Jonny wrote:
<quoted text>That's right she did! She was a good and loving person. I think that's why this case really sticks with people she really didn't derserve to die so young and her family who is like one of my own didn't deserve to have to deal with this for such a draged out time period. Her mother Patsy is one of the nicest people you will ever meet and their family has been threw a lot with many trials. It would just be nice if they really good have got closure on this one. I was just telling someone this morning about this case and googled it thats how I found this forum. It says a lot that people are still so passinate 20 years later.
Patsy is an AMAZING woman.
sad

Middleboro, MA

#136 Apr 2, 2011
it is a sad thing. here in jackson
verdict

Jackson, OH

#137 Apr 2, 2011
Greg Massie wrote:
I'm ashamed to be born and raised in Jackson County Ohio.
How many unsolved murder are in Jackson County to date?
sick of the bs cops in jc

Pickerington, OH

#138 Apr 11, 2011
verdict wrote:
<quoted text>How many unsolved murder are in Jackson County to date?
there have been so many murders in jackson county the jackson police department writes most of them off as suicide just so they dont have to do the paper work thats right carl i mean you.i hate the fact that i use to call u a friend remember the 22 yr old boy that was shot and killed his 4 yr old daughter said mommy did it you wiped the gun clean because your finger prints was on it as well,someone needs to come in and get rid of carl,jim,rick,the ones that doesn't know the first thing about there jobs,i hate people like you and someday the lord will be the one u stand be4 for what you done to all the people that have had family and friends murdered in jackson county look at the law and then you will know why noone ever gets caught for it
heres a thought

United States

#139 Apr 13, 2011
How about u go get an education and learn how to do there jobs and then go do them!!!! I bet u wouldnt last a day..Its easy to set back and be judgemental about something u know nothing about. Its easy to say this one and that one arent doing there jobs but when in reality u have to have hardcore evidence to arrest someone. and then u have to have the prosecuter who is willing to take it to court..there are alot of cases that never make it to court because the evidence isnt there..U cant make something appear that isnt there..An as u posted someday u will stand b4 the lord to be judged so until that day maybe u should keep ur thoughts to urself..Oh and have a great night :) Oh and also the lord kinda frowns upon hating others
cheryl

Pickerington, OH

#140 Apr 13, 2011
well for starter it sure would not be that hard to do there jobs sense they don't do a dam thing not if it takes any work,so what u one of them or maybe a gf on the side which we all know a few of them have,and yes the lord frowns but hes frowning at u as well for sticking ur 2 cents in as well,something can't go to court if they just close the case and let all the stuff be burned and the bullet be thrown away how dumb are they,and hell yes i think i could do a better job then most of them,there may be a few good ones there but hell they have to do what ther boss says which brings them down trust me i have talk to a few which said alot of the cases should not have been closed so who the heck do u think u are i bet if someone u loved was murdered in jackson and they closed the case u would be saying different things about them as well...
heres a thought

United States

#141 Apr 14, 2011
I am none of the mentioned..I have no ties what so ever to anyone..Im not even from Jackson..I just think its way to easy to say oh there not doing there jobs..There are alot of factors that go into solving a case..And just because ur a cop doesnt mean u can go right out and say oh im gnna arrest u..Come on get real..There are proper procedures to go through....And as ive always been told "believe half of what u see and none of what u hear" So just because u hear it around town doesnt make it so.. I could tell u that i had the answers to EVERY single murder in Jackson County, but that doesnt make it so...I just think its way to easy to judge a few than to understand the whole judical system and how it works

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#142 Apr 14, 2011
I agree with you that it is too easy to blame the police and what you hear isn't always true. I get that. But too many things have gone on for too long. There seems to be a problem with arrest and proscecutions in this area.
Having said that, I think more blame should be put on the bad people committing these crimes. If we had fewer crimes, the police department and D.A. wouldn't have to do so much. In the past years since drugs has taken over the area, crimes are up at an alarming rate. No one seems to talk about that. Instead of being outraged at the criminals committing the crimes, they turn their outrage toward law enforcement.
Everyone can do something to stop the drug problem. Instead of complaining about everyone not cleaning up after the crime, let's do something to stop the criminal behavior.
Former Jacksonite

Charleston, WV

#143 Apr 14, 2011
I've always heard that some prominent Jackson people were involved in the murder of the girl out by the cemetery in the early 80's. Any info?
cheryl

Pickerington, OH

#144 Apr 14, 2011
enraged wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes those were some facts of the case. Wilma qa my neighbor when it happened. She was so sweet..there's a lot of things that point to a involvememt
that was the johnny carson show and it was the truth
cheryl

Pickerington, OH

#145 Apr 14, 2011
sorry i was replying to what reaper said about david letterman it was on the johnny carson show yrs ago he made the comment if u want to get away with murder go to jackson county ohio and man he was right but it is sad that even he knew that about jackson thats sad and for people to say don't blame the law well i do blame them when they are looking out for people they do the killing and will not investigate it i know it happens where they do not even try to find out the truth and close the case just because it looks like someone might have killed thereself doesn't always mean they did,even known the gun was wiped clean how dumb are the police in jackson,you all need to really get training on how to do your jobs there are a few good ones there but the got to do what the boss says or lose there jobs,and some have really disagreed with the way they have to handle
things myself i am glad i got out of that town i hate it that any of my family lives there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nikki black 1 hr nikki 14
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr obvious 31,505
What exactly happened to the Jaycees? 2 hr said so 17
Brittney and sheydeen crabtree 2 hr real name 22
abrys girl 5 hr wow 2
Victoria Wolfe (Jan '12) 5 hr Bitch please 9
amanda floyd /garnes (Jul '13) 8 hr aboyshe used to know 4

Jackson Jobs

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]