mcockerham

Elizabeth, NJ

#61 Mar 15, 2010
Im sorry for what happened to your dad... We all know that mostly all of the murders here in jackson are all drug related and if we dont wise up and change ourselves then nothing will ever be don in this GOD foresaken town....mcockerham96@yahoo.com
Ginger

Logan, OH

#62 Mar 15, 2010
It's been allmost a year and a half and still no one is paying for what they did to my dad. Not to mention to the rest of my family in the process, my grandfather having that horrififc iage in his memeory forever or findidng his son like that. How am I supposed to sleep well in this same town knowing these murderers are walking free??
curious to know wrote:
you talked about the murders in jackson ohio well what about the one of Jerry Denney who was killed and the claw hammer still was in his head he was a wonderful person would give you the shirt off his back and yet no one person mentioned him have we forgot him he was killed by stupid drug addicts for a few hundred dollars and i hope and pray they find the people who done it and they give them what they should the death penalty and no i am not taking away from carol she was a wonderful woman killed for no reason what so ever and hope they do the killers the same way they do jerrys
Ginger

Logan, OH

#63 Mar 15, 2010
Yes sadly my dad died with an addiction to alcohol that he suffered with his entire life. He was a very sick man that didn't have long to live anyways. We had finally made our peace and I thank God for that. I had only one good year with him and my girls will have no memeries of their grandpa and thats something that I have to live with everyday. I know nothing will make it better, but I do think we would all feel some satifaction knowing that someone is paying for what they have done. Take care.
Only in Jackson

Jackson, OH

#64 Mar 23, 2010
kelly13 wrote:
Now we have several more murders. Will they go unpunished?
I hope people are remembering all of this at election time.
Think about it.
In the last two years..two murders have went unsolved. These killers know who they are. They have flunked polygraph tests and what not, an are still walking our streets, waiting for there next victum to catch the next buzz for there habit. Clean up the trash get these scum balls off the streets an in the system.
Only in Jackson

Jackson, OH

#65 Mar 23, 2010
Ginger wrote:
Yes sadly my dad died with an addiction to alcohol that he suffered with his entire life. He was a very sick man that didn't have long to live anyways. We had finally made our peace and I thank God for that. I had only one good year with him and my girls will have no memeries of their grandpa and thats something that I have to live with everyday. I know nothing will make it better, but I do think we would all feel some satifaction knowing that someone is paying for what they have done. Take care.
God bless you an your family Ginger, hopefully it will come out in the wash, and the scum balls response for this will pay the price. They know who they are, and they know what they have done. The lord will get them in due time. It is ashame that his case is still open after all the interviews and evidence that was found, that points a finger. So sorry for your loss!!
top secret

Ravenna, OH

#66 May 4, 2010
Ginger have you heard anymore about who may have killed your dad? And possibly others that may have also taken part in his murder? I've heard there might be some people that are being checked out as possible suspects. I certainly hope the culprits are caught and punished for their actions. Praying for you and your family.
top secret

Ravenna, OH

#67 May 4, 2010
I think and have also heard that it's possible that whoever murdered Jerry Denney of Jackson, Oh. may also be responsible or know the killers of Wilson Bond as well. Has anyone else heard anything about this?
i agree

Ozone Park, NY

#68 May 24, 2010
i agree they will not get what they deserve but i guess they will start on drugs again at whatever age and overdose and die so in the end they will be gone, or eye for an eye will set in to their release.

Since: Apr 10

Aberdeen, OH

#69 May 26, 2010
you guys act like this is the only muder that has happend and the sherf and city police in both jackson wellston and oakhill has ever happend look up the history in jackson co. look @ the murder of dianna her onw boyfriend killed her and got by with it and look @ david who was killed fishing by the old covered bridge where everyone went to party and fish heck dianna was killed in 98 or 99
and david a year or two after heck jackson co. is knowen for trouble drunks thefts druggies heck look and the old sherif keefer they called him reffer keffer child mislester and look @ the old proscuter mark music he was a child mislester and they both got a way with it and look @ richards i cant rember his frist name but he is a cop in wellston he was marriend to a lady name kim he has damistic on him a women beater and because he was a cop he got by with it
jpc

Bellingham, WA

#71 Jun 2, 2010
RIP
budreau

Cave City, KY

#72 Jun 5, 2010
The crime or drug problems are not just in Jackson Ohio. After building all kinds of new prisons all over the country they have to parole all but the most violent to make room for the new ones.
kentucky
Old Friend of WKFS

Middle Point, OH

#73 Jun 21, 2010
No, someone would NOT need "military training" to tie up a person as Wilma was. Evidence from the scene may have been lost, but the findings from the forensic autopsy (performed in Franklin County) weren't.
Reaper wrote:
My dad told me that several years on Dave Letterman's show he said "If you want to get away with murder go to Jackson, Ohio" I don't know how many murders there have been here all I know is most of them are unsolved. Most of them no one is very familiar with because we see it in the paper then it gets swept under the rug. I do know a little more about Wilma Simpson's murder than most probably do. It was rumored she kept a book of names of the big players in Jackson's drug trade. She was tied up in such a way that if she struggled she basically was strangling herself (not something just anyone knows how to do unless they already knew how...say military training). The sheriff at the time was Edgar "Butch" Hayburn (now the mayor of Wellston) who invited a bunch of his buddies to the crime scene where they tromped around contaminating the crime scene and destroying evidence (As a sheriff I think he should know better...unless of course the whole point was to destroy as much evidence as possible). The evidence they did have was somehow "lost" during Mr. Hayburn's term as sheriff (how convienient). I don't think this was one person but several...Hayburn probably played a part in it. One man pulling the strings with many local politicians and key figures in his pocket all acting together
Old Friend of WKFS

Middle Point, OH

#74 Jun 21, 2010
left Jackson long ago wrote:
I was raised in Jackson and came of age as a teenager in the 70's. It seemed an idyllic small-town in those days.....although, I'm sure I am romanticizing it a bit. Does anyone remember a high school teacher named Eric Humston @ Jackson High in the 70's who evidently had inappropriate relationships with several young female students?
Yup, remember him. If he did, he wasn't the only one.
Terry

United States

#75 Jul 20, 2010
I can say; because my Father called me when the statement was made, They did make that statement on the David Letterman's show. It was said! I am from Jackson and it is strange to be reading all this but I don't live there anymore and I really dont want to comment on some of hate things I know about. My Father is still living but very sick. He fought the Jackson county system as long as I can remember. If he could he still would.
sadfrom VC

United States

#76 Jul 20, 2010
well all of southeastern ohio has turned sour. Vinton,Jackson,and Scioto counties have turned into drug infested twickervilles and it makes me sick. That is because the so called "good guys" who are suppost to be protecting the people are the ones running the show they are the king pins. Tell me if im wrong, but they bust the "out of towners" selling drugs from columbus or our neighboring states. they bust them because they are cutting in on the profits they make. Can no one else see that. I see it all the time in the papers from around here. I scares me because all my family is from here and I have children. But I will not be scared out of my hometown because of these low life rednecks! we need to take a stand!
thetimeiscoming

Dublin, OH

#77 Jul 25, 2010
I have recently heard that a polygraph was given to the suspect in the Denney case it SHE had flunked it horribly. Another poly was given in the Bond case and the same female flunked that also. So hopefully they are closer to solving these murders, and the FEMALE responsable will pay for the rest of her life. For those who know who she is, she sure does deserve it. She has been nothing but a nuscense to society for several years.
Disbelief

Middle Point, OH

#78 Aug 18, 2010
Terry wrote:
I can say; because my Father called me when the statement was made, They did make that statement on the David Letterman's show. It was said! I am from Jackson and it is strange to be reading all this but I don't live there anymore and I really dont want to comment on some of hate things I know about. My Father is still living but very sick. He fought the Jackson county system as long as I can remember. If he could he still would.
Who cares what was said on Letterman's show? That has absolutely nothing to do with the case.
curious

Lindon, UT

#79 Sep 6, 2010
Real Beebop wrote:
Mary Kay LaDonta murder around 1990 broad daylight in a crowded appartment complex Huron Street, Yes Wilma Simpson, Wilson Bond, and a few others...
To really see how this all happened you need to begin looking back to the 1970's...see the money flow/power chain at the time. Thirty years later a faction of those around are still in power. When a "one horse" town has someone or a select few control the media anything is possible. A lot can be swept under the rug. It takes a strong person to go up against those in power or shall i say a dumb person. Keep talking about these unsolved murders and just maybe the lights will get turned on
Wasn't there a girl named Pam Miracle found murdered around the same time? I believe I heard her body was found in a dumpster or behind one. Can't remember exactly.
Dena Conway FLORIDA

Saint Petersburg, FL

#80 Oct 7, 2010
I have several dear friends in Jackson Ohio. One in particuliar has been on my mind of late. Her name was Deana Figlestahler.(was maried to dick) now divorced. had a son Doug and a daughter. Can you help me find them? Appreciate it very much. d
get a grip

Welch, WV

#81 Oct 28, 2010
my friends son was murdered and they called it suicide

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Would you date MJ Edwards? (Jul '11) 6 hr Really 7
jackson has a semi pro football team 12 hr Jackson Hillbilly 2
Assistance (Oct '13) 12 hr Law D Doll 22
Queen Treatment Center (May '11) 16 hr Ex employee 39
Hey Kida 17 hr bobo 4
bob burns (Apr '12) 18 hr former renter 6
Holzer Medical ? Wed just a person around 2
Jackson Dating
Find my Match

Jackson People Search