Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

Judged:

I just want to say I am ashamed of any and all of the people involved in Mrs.Carol Evans MURDER. I know her grand kids, I went to school with them, and I personally hope who ever you are you are more and more feeling guilty of what you have done! Let God be with you!!
I recently went to Toledo this past weekend for a tournament, I had to listen to peoples thoughts and opinion when they said "are you from Jackson Ohio the murdering county?" Our little city called Jackson is being turned into a laughing stock, and I personally do not like it at all.
I have lived here in Jackson Ohio for over 20 years and I cant trust anyone, cause you dont know who you can trust. Locking your doors isent an option either because it is breaking and entering when they do that also and never seem to find the people who do that the breaking a window or prying the door open.
I know I can trust in my family though because we have a bond that is stronger with God, that no one can break. What about the kids in our community, wonder what kinds of things are running through their heads about this.
it is totally sad about the way she died but at least I can say she is in a better place.
Her children and grandchildren are in my prayers...
Rest in peace Mrs.Carol Evans
kelly

Chino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2008

Judged:

I think there are many who agree with you, Paula. Will anyone ever be arrested for this crime? Will they go to court and be proscecuted? Or will a high priced lawyer get them off and the whole thing be swept under the rug?
If we, as a community, don't start standing up for justice and demanding laws be enforced, we will have to live with the well deserved reputation we have earned as a lawless community. It isn't what you do but who you know.
Corruption only exist if you let it.
Jessie Abazid

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2008

She was such great woman,giving, caring, loving and humble. A woman with lots of class, with lots of pride and self respect and respects the others as well..... I truly miss her. I ask God make the killer pay a high price for what he/she done..I miss you Carol.....
kelly

Chino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2008

Looks like they have made an arrest.
Greg Massie

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2008

Judged:

Todays date is 4-13-08 and I just now learn of what happened to Carol Evans and I'm very shocked by all of this.This lady did'nt deserve to die like this. I went to Franklin Valley School and I remember when I had for teacher and she was also the principle to who also had to paddle for fighting. I'm just glad that when I seen her 2 years ago that I shook her hand and told her that I had no hard feelings for that.Right now I'm very sadden at what her family is feeling.
Greg Massie

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2008

Judged:

I'm ashamed to be born and raised in Jackson County Ohio.
Angie

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2008

Judged:

I'm proud to be from Jackson, Ohio; and I'm honored to have had the opportunity to know Carol Evans. She was a true inspiration of what a strong, passionate, person can be.
Fortunately/unfortunately, my career path led me away from "home", and now I have a new home, but I'll never forget what got me here.. I will always remember people like Carol, and her children who through experiences, taught me to be the person I am today.
I prey for answers and justice for the family and for the day they are able to think of positive ways to honor "Grandma Farm".
kelly

Chino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

Judged:

Just heard there were more arrest. Do you think this is everyone now? What useless scum these people are. Murder a wonderful person..for what?
Mary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

Judged:

I guess that all of you that have predicted that this crime would not be solved or prosecuted are now having second thoughts. Sheriff Shasteen and his staff are doing a remarkable job and are solving this horrendous crime in record time. We are not in law enforcement and I am sure that all of the evidence has to be handled properly or it will not be permitted. We all need to stop being arm chair law enforcement and let Sheriff Shasteen and Prosecutor Blanton do their jobs. I am sure that they already know who was behind the murder of Mrs. Evans, but they have to handle it correctly. I want to see the mastermind arrested also and watch daily for an indictment against him.
concerned citizen

East Bridgewater, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Judged:

The three were paid. By who u ask. I think we know the answer to that. I just hope the sherrifs office doesnt screw this one up, like all the others.
concerned citizen

East Bridgewater, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

not from eaton.... from oak hill
concerned of Jackson co

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2008

Front Page In My Hometown...A Murder, Drug Bust& A Lawyer for a sexual offender on minors! What has gone on in our small town of Jackson is Terrifying!Whats here for our children now! The future is our children! God help us all! Times have changed for the worse is only an understatement...The future is scary as the children of this once peaceful town anyone would've been proud to raise their children in, is over!
Tammie St Petersburg FL

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2008

I too knew Carol Evans growing up. She was a wonderful person, and I am deeply sadden by her death. My thoughts are with her family through this very trying time/
Wendy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2008

I have lived in jackson my whole life just up the road from Camba. I have went to school w/ all of carols grandkids who are also friends of mine. I acouldnt even imagine what they are going through right now. In a small town, you hear everything...but truthfully alot of people knew everything that was going on already and how embarassing to carol and her family. This is the kind of stuff that happens when you associate w/ junkies, and i am refering to a certain someone whom the whole town knows had involvement. Why would a 72 year old man want anything to do with a 28 year old junkie anyways....u should watch the crowd u choose to surround yourself with. All because he had to have some young piece of white trash, daves family will hurt 4ever and it seems as if he dont even mind cause he is still running with her family. If he isnt guilty why would he still b doin things for the Speakmans...i would b mourning the gruesome death of my wife!
Ray S

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2008

Judged:

I was born and raised in Jackson, OH and I must admit, this does not shock me. I moved to Indiana in 1992 and haven't looked back. I had two friends who were murdered in Jackson. Neither case has been solved. The Simpson murder was never solved. Nor was the Cantor murder, along with her "friend", in the back of a UHaul. There are so many corrupt officials in Jackson Co. that you can virtually get away with murder. From lawyers, to judges, to commisioners. CORRUPT!!! I miss alot of good friends that I grew up with, but the bad started out-weighing the good. Jackson is a crime ridden little town, and I like Greg Massie, am ashamed to have grown up there.
concerned in jackson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

it is a shame someone had to die in this manner but yes why would a 28yr old want a 72yr old drugs and MONEY not only do you have unsloved murders you have gangs taking over our middle school and nothing being done kids are having to transfer or homeschool 2 and 3 girls ganing 1 girl what is going on here if jackson cant control the kids in these school they sure wont solve a murder
Becky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2008

I have two little kids, and I worry everyday about them going to school. Or someone hurting them, because Jackson has went to crap. The drugs in jackson & Oak Hill is out of control. I am so sorry about Mrs. Evans. My prays go out to her family, and I hope who ever done this for whatever reason pays for it.
kelly

Camarillo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

Judged:

If the trial is here in Jackson, do you think any of these people can get a fair trial? How can you find anyone for the jury that doesn't know everything about the case and then some? Some of what we hear is true but a lot of it is gossip and at this point we are all influenced by what we hear. Everyone assumed that Mr. Evans was behind this horrible crime but it is possible he knew nothing about it and Ms. Speakman could have planned the thing herself. Someone ask who had anything to gain and I think Carol stood in Ms. Speakman's way of getting more from Mr. Evans. I don't see Dave benefiting from Carol's death. If you read the indictments closely they are pretty telling as to what the police know at this point. I just don't know at this point but I am glad that local law enforcement had help on this one and they all did their job.
Dottie

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2008

I'm glad they caught Mrs.Evans,husband for hiring those others to kill her.I truely hope they give him the death penalty,and eye for and eye.But they probable will not do much,others have walked away and never had to pay for the crimes that they committed.It was said on the late show before if you want to get away with murder move to Jackson,Ohio.We are becoming a laughing stock of America.Don't let them walk this time.
Rachel

Jackson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2008

Judged:

Dave Evans will get what he deserves for the unspeakable act he comitted. But Heather Speakman & Terry Vance will not. They both will still be relatively young when they get out of prison, with the rest of their lives still ahead of them. But Carol Evans will never have that chance. All four scumbags involved in her murder should perish, or at the very least, spend all the days of their lives in solitary confinement, forced to think about the irreversable wrong they committed.'Let The Punishment Fit The Crime'. 20 years for taking a life, Come on, Get Real! Not Even close to Justice for this wonderful, decent lady who died so violently.
Rest In Peace, Mrs. Evans!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of466
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Jackson Forum right now

Search the Jackson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
jackson utilities 1 hr aww 38
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Willow 25,383
Thief 3 hr Law D Doll 5
Sarah Dalton (Jul '11) 4 hr alllaughs 45
Schools 4 hr hmm 5
The BUM begging in front of Kroger 5 hr ly 70
kelly landrum 5 hr ly 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jackson Jobs

•••
•••