Elicia Hughes Murder Trial - Testimony Begins

Nov 7, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WLBT-TV Jackson

Testimony began in the Elicia Hughes murder retrial in Hinds county court. Hughes is accused in the shooting death of her husband Brian in their Jackson home in the summer of 2004. via WLBT-TV Jackson

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of132
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
emetae

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

Judged:

Hello, I believe that every sin has it's consequences. and Brian lived a life that led to the tragic events of sin. the bible does not lie. the devil has come to kill, steal, and destroy lives. If Brian was living a Godly life, I dont thing he would have had an untimely death.

Since: Dec 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

Judged:

i know robbie rayford personally, she is a well respect person with a loving and pleasing attitude. this guy lied and said he wasn't married for a long time they went out to public places. Robbie has always preached that she would never date a man who's married because she would say that there is never a future in a married man.Robbie never wanted that man to leave his wife to set the record straight she had stop talking to Brian for a long time just so happen that night she was the last person he was talking too. everyone has fallen short in their lives once or twice and have done somethings that isn't right or know someone personally that has done something that they are not proud of. no one knows what happen and how the trial went we don't know if thing said were plotted out we will never know, so don't say what u would do and this bi**hthis and this bit** that because no one will never know. man this whole situation was some bullshit.... and to clarify something for the readers and the bloggers when she went to his home the man said he wasn't married and to find out later she was out of town so everyone can really shut the f**k up and by the way Elicia married someone who worked with Brian and before the last trial she had just given birth congradulations, and also Robbie is married also so don't worry she has her own Husband and like she told me she's not worrying about him cheating because these are her exact words..MY HUSBAND WILL NOT BE CHEATING ON ME HE WOULD BE CHEATING ON THE MAN UP ABOVE (GOD) THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS KARMA

have a blessed day
Watching the Detectives

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

Judged:

I don't think she is guilty either. I think the magic revenge fairy came in the house and shot her husband while she was sleeping. That's the only possible explanation.
Don

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2009

Judged:

I just saw this on dateline for the first time. I was outraged. The stupidity of the police in the investigation, canvasing and followup are beyond belief. Allowing a judge to vacate a verdict, and handpick a jury of mostly black woman is beyond belief. I can just imagine them in the jury room: "we know she did it, but those babies need their momma, and he got was he deserved! Not guilty!"
A total travesty of justice. I only feel sorry for the kids, who lost a father, and his parents, who know that their son died at the hand of a jealous wife, who is free and $250 thousand richer. It's amazing what a biased jury, a slick defense lawyer, clueless prosecutors and an incompetent police investigation can do to make the word "justice" a joke.
Wounderful Spirit

Lexington, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

Judged:

You re so Blessed licia.....Stand still and see the salvation of the LORD...Please use your story to instill hope in others.......I was moved by your story......God knows your heart......
mdphawaii

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

Judged:

Detective Baden Lee wrote:
Far fetched imagination. The fact is, no one came by their home un-announced. This has been stipulated by a number of people. He didn't let his father in when he came by without calling. Also, since his wife is waiting up for him, I have to believe she would have seen this lady outside the house.
<quoted text>
Detective Lee, this writers' scenario is not far-fetched at all. From the beginning I believed that maybe another of his mistresses arrived at the door. To keep her from causing a disturbance that would have alerted his wife, he opened the door to try to persuade her to leave. I believe this is why he suddenly has to hang up from Robby. Or as the other writer explained, maybe Robby herself followed him home and shot him. No one except Robby and he know what their discussion was. The fact that he was on the cell phone with Robby only documents the time he hung up, not what Robby's demeanor was.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

Judged:

Don wrote:
I just saw this on dateline for the first time. I was outraged. The stupidity of the police in the investigation, canvasing and followup are beyond belief. Allowing a judge to vacate a verdict, and handpick a jury of mostly black woman is beyond belief. I can just imagine them in the jury room: "we know she did it, but those babies need their momma, and he got was he deserved! Not guilty!"
A total travesty of justice. I only feel sorry for the kids, who lost a father, and his parents, who know that their son died at the hand of a jealous wife, who is free and $250 thousand richer. It's amazing what a biased jury, a slick defense lawyer, clueless prosecutors and an incompetent police investigation can do to make the word "justice" a joke.
So you think the prosecutors are clueless? If that is the case, then why did they ever charge Elicia and prosecute her not once but twice?
FJRinLA

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Judged:

The only thing that mattered in this case is the timeline, which is what got OJ acquitted.

In that case, jurors simply determined there was not enough time between the time he and Kato were seen driving through the McDonalds and when the limo driver picked him up for all the killing and cleaning and costume changes he was alleged to have done.

In this case, the jurors should have been instructed to focus on those 2-3 minutes between the end of the call with his lover when he was alive in his own house and when the security company saw the alarms and called the house.

It is just not plausible that in those 2-3 minutes when he just got home and she had been calling around for him all night that anyone else gained entry to the home and killed him.

You would have to believe that he ended the call with his lover, not to deal with an angry wife; but to answer the door for someone coming in right behind him....if there was anyone else knocking on the door minutes after he came in they would have had to be pulling in right behind in, or running up behind him as he was walking to the door to be knocking or ringing within 2-3 minutes.....It would have taken longer than 2-3 minutes for someone to drive up after he was already in the house and then exit their vehicle and make their way up to his door and then knock, have it be answered and opened, and then fire 6 shots and leave.

If it happened this way, the security company would have called while the killer was still in the house.

There simply was no time, in any likely scenario, for anyone to gain entry and kill Brian Hughes except his wife. He had the balls to walk in late still rapping to his lover on his cell phone and his wife wasn't asleep. She was up waiting for him and he was probably already looking down the barrel of that 45 when he told the girlfriend he'd call her back...and she shot him repeatedly and walked over him repeatedly to stage the scene while waiting for him to die.
FJRinLA

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

I agree... and I'll go further to say that I believe GOD specifically moved in this case on behalf of the two daughters so they would have their mother.

She clearly killed their father as plain as day... Life is hard and complex...this is how GOD chose to deal with Brian and he will deal with Elicia in another way.... maybe by having her girls learn the truth about her later in life.

As an African-American man, husband and father of three, I can honestly say that if my wife ever had reason to kill me for a lover or any motive, I would also probably want her free to continue raising my boys...and I'd likely petition to good Lord to not bring her home until they were grown and out of her house.....so I can't say whether "justice" was done.

"American justice" clearly was not served, but GOD uses the "just" and the "unjust" alike to bring HIS will to pass.

The wife and his murder were just some of those unjust agents and moments that make up GOD's perfect will; so I have to be okay with it, though I am angered by the delusional defenses of his wife and her callousness toward his family and his daughters by not just throwing herself on the mercy of the court and claiming a "heat of passion" type of defense.

She would have gotten the same sympathy maybe even from his family, a little more time in jail, but a lot more respect from me and others.

And finally, I would have liked to see the jurors just acknowledge their concern for the daughters as their motivation so I could see and hear something honest and authentic from them that made sense to me and was consistent with everything else I've seen and heard about this case.
emetae wrote:
Hello, I believe that every sin has it's consequences. and Brian lived a life that led to the tragic events of sin. the bible does not lie. the devil has come to kill, steal, and destroy lives. If Brian was living a Godly life, I dont thing he would have had an untimely death.
LET THERE BE LIGHT

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Judged:

Things to consider:

1-G*d and the actual killer know who murdered Brian.
2-Children have different sleeping patterns. Hense, my child sleeps light. Your child sleeps hard. A child sleeps light in his/her own bed, but sleeps soundly in their parent's bed--as did those children that night. I've seen children sleep through loud thunder storms, fireworks, constant loud dog barking, and even through an activated smoked detector.
3-Why did the prosecution not want the testimony of Brian's upcoming drug-related court case entered as evidence in this trial?
4-300 lbs of weed is normally not considered for personal use, but rather for illegal sales/distribution. This greatly widens the list of possible suspects. His life ending very well may have satisfied a huge unpaid drug debt.
5-Any obligated person who cheats, supports cheating or participates in the deception is despicable. In this case, many parties paid a price for being despicable.
6-At some point, me must all move on. Robbie moves on and Elicia move on. No big deal. Brian's family must move on. The media will eventually move on to their next money-maker, and we, "viewers" must move on.

The bottom line is:
G*d may have the final judgement call, but G*d was not selected to judge as a member of the jury for this trial. The jury was instructed by the court that if there were evidence produced in court case which created reasonable doubt, the jury could not find Elicia guilty. So if 100 pieces of evidence produced by the prosecution seems convincing or overwhelming and 1 shred of evidence presented by the defense creates a scintilla of doubt, the jury must find the defendant NOT GUILTY as instructed by the court.

Life is very much like a mathematical equation. One can never escape problems. Both appear complicated. The outcome may seem unpredictable. But as long as one knows the principles, he can solve for "X."
SAzrael

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

Judged:

I'm sorry...did we miss the fact that the murder weapon was a .45... A .45 has one HELL of a kick... And a woman who's never fired one before, would have more stray bullets, then just one.
Innocent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

Judged:

Wife is asleep in bed with kids, girlfriend shows up. Mr. Hughes opens the door to get rid of the mistress, but is shot. Fleeing for his life, he manages to set the alarm. The mistress speeds off, the wife comes to see the door is open and she closes it. These sorry ignorant police officers point the blame at the wife because it was an open and shut case. No need to check up on the tire marks, takes too much time to do some actual police work. The legal system sucks, cops and decide who they want behind bars by suggesting guilt. Makes me understand why the movie Law Abiding Citizen was ever made. The legal system is corrupt and you are guilty unless your lawyer can prove you are INNOCENT!!!!!!!!!!
Innocent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

Judged:

Where is the blood splatter? This woman testifies that Mr. Hughes was her soulmate. If I felt that someone was my soulmate, I would want to be with them everyday. Ms. Raford wanted to be more than just a booty call. Mrs. Hughes didn't know of the affair, I guess she killed her husband over a phone call. Mr. Hughes may have told the mistress he wasn't going to leave his family and that the affair must end. That is why she shot him in the gentitals and got lucky that the cops would go no further in finding the real killer.

The cops didn't even interview any neighbors about what they might have heard. What if Ms. Raford was dating another man, and Mr. Hughes found out and ended the relationship. Ms. Raford gets upset and tells the other man whom then gets pissed and seeks revenge. If these dumbas! cops were to leave the doughnut shop, put down coffee mugs, and investigate some good may come out of this.

I hope that Mrs. Hughes sues the Mississppi legal system. Civil lawsuit, these cops did not do their jobs and caused this lady and her family great harm.
Innocent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2010

Judged:

bay bay bay wrote:
i know robbie rayford personally, she is a well respect person with a loving and pleasing attitude. this guy lied and said he wasn't married for a long time they went out to public places. Robbie has always preached that she would never date a man who's married because she would say that there is never a future in a married man.Robbie never wanted that man to leave his wife to set the record straight she had stop talking to Brian for a long time just so happen that night she was the last person he was talking too. everyone has fallen short in their lives once or twice and have done somethings that isn't right or know someone personally that has done something that they are not proud of. no one knows what happen and how the trial went we don't know if thing said were plotted out we will never know, so don't say what u would do and this bi**hthis and this bit** that because no one will never know. man this whole situation was some bullshit.... and to clarify something for the readers and the bloggers when she went to his home the man said he wasn't married and to find out later she was out of town so everyone can really shut the f**k up and by the way Elicia married someone who worked with Brian and before the last trial she had just given birth congradulations, and also Robbie is married also so don't worry she has her own Husband and like she told me she's not worrying about him cheating because these are her exact words..MY HUSBAND WILL NOT BE CHEATING ON ME HE WOULD BE CHEATING ON THE MAN UP ABOVE (GOD) THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS KARMA
have a blessed day
This opens soo many new doors of about who killed this guy and why. He lied to Robbie about being married, she testified that he was the love of her life. Mr. Hughes was never planning on leaving his wife and kids and kept stringing along Ms. Rayford. If she told you about the affair who knows how many other people knew and wanted this guy to pay for what he did to her. Hell has no fury like a woman scorned.
Sokomtoy 12

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

She did it!
ladybug

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

Judged:

Like everyone say just because he cheat does mean you have to kill them. You can just leave he didn't put a gun to her head and say you better stay here while i have other women. One thing about a women she knows when her men cheat we are very nosy and we look and we search until we find what we are looking for. She should have said I can't take anymore i am leaving. I know she got away and it's nothing anyone can do now she is free as a bird.. I tell you every night she think about what she had done, and it's not a day goes by she does think about that night.
Jennifer flowers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

Judged:

I love Elicia weather she did it or not!!! Men should learn to keep there d**ks In there pants this should be a lesson learned to all the men that take marriage for a game !!!
Just reading

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

A person that cheats on you "does not" love you. They may care about you because you are a part of their life. Cheaters have fear and insecurities. Brian had alot of fear and unhappiness in his life (pursuing drugs for money). The "false sense" of stability that a cheater thinks he has in a home life is just a catalyst for them while figuring out their life. I am sure this left Elisha "mentally and emotionally" abused(so many lies being told to her out of fear and low self esteem). The other women have nothing to do with the problem Brian had. Neither did his marriage (the marriage was a catalyst).
Don't be fool by them coming back..."that's not love"..."love is being honest about your fears" and not involving other partners in your time of confusion. Trust me I had a cheating husband.
I think she should have been supportive of him being lost but "he did not love his family or HIMSELF" so she could have "snapped" from the mental abuse if she wasn't getting counseling. You can't ignore someone cheating on you.
TELL32

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Thy shall not kill. Life is to precious of a gift for someone to play god an still it away from someone. U have to be a truely evil an selfish person to do so. I dont know if shes guilty or not,but if she is god is the avenger an Brains murder in due time will be cut down like the grass jesus sits high an looks low there is no excuse for murder.
Guilty Heart

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2011

Judged:

i truly believve she did it.he had a family and she was a sucessful teacher. And to go through life knowing that her husbandhad several affairs made her just snapped. She could not stop him and when you relley love somone you never want to share him with women and know it at the same time. She is guilty. You could she it in her eyes on snapped. She will pay for her jealous. I feel sorry for the kids because I just relley believe she is a murderer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of132
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson Discussions

Search the Jackson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Samuel 17,686
Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) 8 hr Terry 1,929
Truth or Rumor: Bishop Keith Butler (Jan '08) 22 hr TodayTueLive 918
cell phones R tracking device Tue Zebo 4
10 (5) Reasons 'Dance Moms' Fans Should Watch '... Apr 13 amw 1
Total Transportation Not Good to Work For Apr 12 undercover lawyers 34
Debate: Marijuana - Jackson, MS (Aug '10) Apr 10 Sneek Blee 227
•••

Flood Warning for Hinds County was issued at April 15 at 9:32PM CDT