Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,920

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#84528 Aug 1, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Like in Psalms 137 verse 9 Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!???
You are nuts, coo coo, crazy as a loon, or a total drunk.(because no one can be that stupid)
Like I thought!
You can only TWIST Scripture...
Read the whole thing, and write a 500 word report, as to
Why you are WRONG Again!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#84529 Aug 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Read Romans 1:18-27... These are exactly the people we are arguing with... Loved the creation more than the creator...
Very true!
If they had any real logic... they could see it!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#84530 Aug 1, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>A few freaks quoting the bible is not truth or facts. You tell people to shut up when they post the truth and facts. Why dont you shut up and think about how wrong you are, how wrong your warped fantasy is.
Until you can post something of substance you are showing yourself to be a weak little girl going "is too, is too"
First...
I said "Study up"!
Secondly... I am not a girl!
Thirdly... you are Wrong, and a tard!
Chew on that!
God is real!
Blessed is the Nation, Who's God is the Lord!
juggalo

Faith, NC

#84532 Aug 1, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the Bible’s view regarding sex perhaps old-fashioned and needlessly restrictive?
1 Thess. 4:3-8:“This is what God wills . . . that you abstain from fornication . . . So, then, the man that shows disregard is disregarding, not man, but God, who puts his holy spirit in you.”(The Bible’s view regarding sex is not simply something that was developed by certain humans who lived many years ago. It comes from mankind’s Creator; it makes clear what is required in order to have his approval; it also provides guidelines that contribute to stable families and wholesome, happy relationships outside the family. Those who apply this counsel safeguard themselves against the deep emotional scars and loathsome diseases that go with immoral conduct. The Bible’s counsel is very much up to date in meeting the needs of those who want a clean conscience before God and a life free from needless frustration.)
Hahahaha

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#84533 Aug 1, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>God, and Jesus ARE Real!
There is your Truth, and Fact!
Sea monsters are real? The earth is flat? you need medication?
Here is your proof, because na na na na I cant hear you
Here is some truth and fact for you, every one has the right to be free from religion.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84534 Aug 1, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been avoiding this thread for a while because it is frustrating talking to people who are not interested in having a rational discussion. But sometimes these types of posts just go so far into fantasy its hard to ignore them.
Ok, so yes, in the past it was primarily Xian organizations that provided the funding and resources for early scientists and other thinkers. St. Thomas Aquinas is a good example of a devout Xian man doing what was probably the best possible science of his time. Sir Isaac Newton, who laid the bedrock for physics, was a devout religious man. In fact, I think he actually spent most of his time trying to support a Xian view of the universe through science, if I'm remembering correctly.
At that time the Church ruled the Western world. If you were openly non-Xian they would lock you up or execute you. So pretty much everyone was Xian. If there was going to be ANY progress toward the naturalistic understanding of the world it would have to be done by Xians. Statistically this is necessary.
But there is nothing inherent to the theologies of Xianity to drive a religious person toward science. Aquinas did his work to examine the glory of the Creation. Newton did it for a similar reason. But these are not reasons that God gave. This is human curiosity at work. And as the years went by and the Church's power gave way to the power of industry you'll note that science progresses faster and faster and the people involved are less and less likely to claim they are doing it for the glory of God.
Xianity asks us to know God. It doesn't ask us to do anything else. Science asks us to know the universe and it does not include anything else. In religion, when we encounter a fact of the world that seems to contradict our understanding of God what do we do? We reject that fact. In science, when we encounter a fact that seems to contradict God what do we do? We follow the facts.
How are these two things compatible? You can be religious and scientific. But your religion almost certainly will not drive your science.
Western Europe was Taoist? Xian funded the early scientists?

"Xianity asks us to know God." - so I take it you are Xian?

I never trust insider information about God and history.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84535 Aug 1, 2012
Have a nice day wrote:
<quoted text>

Just for the record, I'd love to watch you bleed to death.
, I have this mental picture of some minimum wage burger flipper at McDonalds living in your parents home. You have greasy hair and need a shower but are too busy pretending to be a rock star, you spend your time playing video games and have no friends, a slacker who can not get a girl to spend time with so you pretend that you are not a loser by trolling
I actually feel sorry for you.(oh, I see how much the small pecker comment hurt you. I must have hit a sore spot for you bwahahahaha) You have multiple accounts? That just shows the whole world what a loser you are.
Do you think you will ever move out of your parents house? No no dont cry, wait go ahead and cry loser!(I bet you are used to being called a loser, I bet your mother even calls you a loser)

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#84536 Aug 1, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Western Europe was Taoist? Xian funded the early scientists?

"Xianity asks us to know God." - so I take it you are Xian?

I never trust insider information about God and history.
I'm using "Xian" as an abbreviation for Christianity. Saves keystrokes and is historically accurate.
defender

United States

#84537 Aug 1, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>I've been avoiding this thread for a while because it is frustrating talking to people who are not interested in having a rational discussion. But sometimes these types of posts just go so far into fantasy its hard to ignore them.

Ok, so yes, in the past it was primarily Xian organizations that provided the funding and resources for early scientists and other thinkers. St. Thomas Aquinas is a good example of a devout Xian man doing what was probably the best possible science of his time. Sir Isaac Newton, who laid the bedrock for physics, was a devout religious man. In fact, I think he actually spent most of his time trying to support a Xian view of the universe through science, if I'm remembering correctly.

At that time the Church ruled the Western world. If you were openly non-Xian they would lock you up or execute you. So pretty much everyone was Xian. If there was going to be ANY progress toward the naturalistic understanding of the world it would have to be done by Xians. Statistically this is necessary.

But there is nothing inherent to the theologies of Xianity to drive a religious person toward science. Aquinas did his work to examine the glory of the Creation. Newton did it for a similar reason. But these are not reasons that God gave. This is human curiosity at work. And as the years went by and the Church's power gave way to the power of industry you'll note that science progresses faster and faster and the people involved are less and less likely to claim they are doing it for the glory of God.

Xianity asks us to know God. It doesn't ask us to do anything else. Science asks us to know the universe and it does not include anything else. In religion, when we encounter a fact of the world that seems to contradict our understanding of God what do we do? We reject that fact. In science, when we encounter a fact that seems to contradict God what do we do? We follow the facts.

How are these two things compatible? You can be religious and scientific. But your religion almost certainly will not drive your science.
Well maybe in most cases.. But indeed my religion does drive me to find out as much as possible.... I
think I've proven to be a little smarter than first thought... Some Christians may be afraid to find out what's out there but not this one... I don't know where the idea that science disproves ID came from but I feel it supports ID now more than ever... Can't wait for the next discovery...
defender

United States

#84538 Aug 1, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Very true!
If they had any real logic... they could see it!
The first time I read that I knew exactly who it was referring to... Written over two thousand years ago... Amazing...
citizen

Tompkinsville, KY

#84540 Aug 1, 2012
hello

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84541 Aug 1, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm using "Xian" as an abbreviation for Christianity. Saves keystrokes and is historically accurate.
Um... A xian is a wise immortal, an enlightened one. Since you are referring to times of the enlightenment... okay, but Christianity doesn't fathom the concepts of wu wei or te very well.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84542 Aug 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Look I understand why people dislike the I'm better than you Christians.. But what I hate is the idea of being called stupid because I believe in ID (God) when the very ones saying that cannot prove their own theories... I don't go to church as I said before but I know a lot of great very intelligent Christian people who shouldn't be stereotyped in with the chatterbox bunch... I'm not looked on very well by the church folk around here ( mainly because of a song I wrote about Bville) but I will defend the Christians who are getting bashed simply because of their religion... That's not right and they are far from stupid...
That theories are unproven should go without saying. At the same time, Intelligent Design must be counted as a theory as well as evolution. I personally think that some 70,000 years ago we almost went extinct, and that because of the environmental stressors we changed. I don't call that evolution, I call it adaptation.
Please don't take this as an attack on religion or the religious, my opinion is a generalization.
I don't see religion as having anything to do with high or low intelligence. There are those who think that faith is a capacity. I don't. Most people don't see any difference between spirituality and religion. I do. I think adherance to a religion indicates a personal inability to identify and engage one's fears. I think that religious "capacity of faith" is a self protection against an unknown, mysterious and undefined danger. The Bible and the church gives a framework in which subconscious fears are given demonstrable objects and faith is given substantive support. Within this, seekers experience a sense of relief, security, empowerment and an illusion of freedom - but to what degree depends on the individual. For most, those original fears are never identified and dealt with. They are not gone, just masked. They easily manifest again whenever the structure of safety is percieved to be threatened by outside cultures, orientations or viewpoints.
true romance

Somerset, KY

#84543 Aug 1, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That theories are unproven should go without saying. At the same time, Intelligent Design must be counted as a theory as well as evolution. I personally think that some 70,000 years ago we almost went extinct, and that because of the environmental stressors we changed. I don't call that evolution, I call it adaptation.
Please don't take this as an attack on religion or the religious, my opinion is a generalization.
I don't see religion as having anything to do with high or low intelligence. There are those who think that faith is a capacity. I don't. Most people don't see any difference between spirituality and religion. I do. I think adherance to a religion indicates a personal inability to identify and engage one's fears. I think

t religious "capacity of faith" is a self protection against an unknown, mysterious and undefined danger. The Bible and the church gives a framework in which subconscious fears are given demonstrable objects and faith is given substantive support. Within this, seekers experience a sense of relief, security, empowerment and an illusion of freedom - but to what degree depends on the individual. For most, those original fears are never identified and dealt with. They are not gone, just masked. They easily manifest again whenever the structure of safety is percieved to be threatened by outside cultures, orientations or viewpoints.
You sound like you actually got something to say..

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84544 Aug 1, 2012
true romance wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like you actually got something to say..
Who doesn't?
true romance wrote:
Depends on who you ask.
true romance wrote:
Its far more important to listen.
defender

United States

#84545 Aug 1, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>That theories are unproven should go without saying. At the same time, Intelligent Design must be counted as a theory as well as evolution. I personally think that some 70,000 years ago we almost went extinct, and that because of the environmental stressors we changed. I don't call that evolution, I call it adaptation.
I don't see religion as having anything to do with high or low intelligence. There are those who think that faith is a capacity. I don't. Most people don't see any difference between spirituality and religion. I do. I think adherance to a religion indicates a personal inability to identify and engage one's fears. I think that religious "capacity of faith" is a self protection against an unknown, mysterious and undefined danger. The Bible and the church gives a framework in which subconscious fears are given demonstrable objects and faith is given substantive support. Within this, seekers experience a sense of relief, security, empowerment and an illusion of freedom - but to what degree depends on the individual. For most, those original fears are never identified and dealt with. They are not gone, just masked. They easily manifest again whenever the structure of safety is percieved to be threatened by outside cultures, orientations or viewpoints.
Point taken and I understand that view... I've studied in depth the most popular religions... And evolution...(Its a hobby)... I found Christianly to be the most shocking... Even more that the evolutionist don't ever use the best arguments against it... This tells me they haven't gave much thought to research it... It's not at all what they think it is...
defender

United States

#84546 Aug 1, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>With all that O.T. knowledge of what not to do solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

Out of a thousand women you think old Yahweh would have invented penicillin or condoms. Why did Yahweh condone all that fornication and then comission solomon the write the book of Ecclesiastes?
700 wives and 300 hundred concubines... Solomon was the man!! Talk about the busy bee... Why was God so good to him?... Because he prayed not for power or riches but for wisdom to lead the people... He thought about others first and what was important to God not himself... When one has this attitude God blesses them with more than they can contain... Don't like? Not fair?... Hey I don't make the rules... Just telling you the score...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84547 Aug 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Point taken and I understand that view... I've studied in depth the most popular religions... And evolution...(Its a hobby)... I found Christianly to be the most shocking... Even more that the evolutionist don't ever use the best arguments against it... This tells me they haven't gave much thought to research it... It's not at all what they think it is...
You lost me...
Shocking in what way?

Evolutionists don't use the best arguments against what?

What isn't what they think it is? Then what is it?

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#84548 Aug 1, 2012
Known fact wrote:
"Spaceship earth"
First off Jehovah did not condone Solomon's many wives and concubines.
Where in the Bible do you find that he did? As a matter of fact God warned Solomon of what might happen if he married pagan women but Solomon ignored God's warning and it led to his downfall.(Just as so many of mankind do today)
Interesting that christians will let a known pervert like Solomon to have his writings included with the O.T. I see then that all christians sects have given Solomon a expungment and accepted his writings as holy.

Solomon was a skirt chaser I can see. Do JW still quote from his writings?

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#84549 Aug 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
700 wives and 300 hundred concubines... Solomon was the man!! Talk about the busy bee... Why was God so good to him?... Because he prayed not for power or riches but for wisdom to lead the people... He thought about others first and what was important to God not himself... When one has this attitude God blesses them with more than they can contain... Don't like? Not fair?... Hey I don't make the rules... Just telling you the score...
I would pray also if I had 1000 women nagging me.

The old boy was just sowing his wild oats. After many years of fornication and perversion his age caught up with him and he just ran out of gas. Besides he had writings he wanted to include in the O.T. and go down in history as a wise man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I heard that Renee Rudd, (Jul '13) 2 hr Sherry lynn 11
rita chaffins 3 hr Friend 2
Two NYPD Cops Murdered 4 hr swallow a camel 15
BEWARE of daycare 5 hr sass 26
my wifes labia are 3 inches long (Jan '11) 5 hr Beaver Doctor 28
Best gospel singer in jackson 6 hr Shy Guy 5
old school 7 hr joe 4
Jackson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web