Boy, 12, crushed to death by gateA

May 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Daily News

Police investigate the schene where an 11-year-old boy accidentally got stuck in a roll-up gate on Lott Ave.

Comments
1 - 20 of 68 Comments Last updated May 21, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Watch out for that tree”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

nice picture w/the gang sign. guess he's got his street creds now.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

"my boy was a leader,not a follower".Well,in this case,the followers were the smart ones.What is the street sign he's flashing in his picture? Could it be something like "I'm a gate rider for life?"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

Why weren't the kids playing in a local playground a few blocks away? Why weren't the children told by their parents NOT to play on the gate?
lulu

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

The boy was killed. Please let us mourn.
queenie

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

Sad story.
What could I tell ya

Riverhead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

lulu wrote:
The boy was killed. Please let us mourn.
OK. We gave him his five minutes of mourning.

He and his bud's had been playing that game for some time. If nothing else, wouldn't you get a little bored just hanging like a chimp from a gate? A gate which was obviously rolling up at the top?

Everyone in the neighborhood could see this going on for months or weeks. Shouldn't they all be charged? Why not?

And who puts an automatic, unattended, roll-up gate at an entrance?

Well, the answer is that no car can be left unattended even for a minute in that 'hood. But no one can afford to pay for 24/7 guards all over the place.

Answer: automatic everything. Something goes wrong? Another winner of the Darwin.
Sheik Yerbouti

Lambertville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

Look for the usual frivolous lawsuit soon! Even though it was the kid's fault the baby momma wants to get paid!

“Born Genius, Slacker by Choice”

Since: Mar 12

Oyster Bay, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

Seems it may have been an easier way to go then the owner sitting on him.

Since: Jul 10

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

He held on the longest. He won.
shameless-li

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

mo vaughn, the ex-met, owns the building where this happened. i can smell a lawsuit in the making.

maybe mo should turn the tables around and sue the mother of this kid for damaging his property.
who's going to pay to fix the parking gate???
the kid's responsible for his own death, the mother is responsible for his actions, before and after death...hope mo sues her.
You are a joke

Wilmington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

The Real Jimmy Crack Corn wrote:
He held on the longest. He won.
Now I wonder who's going to hold on the longest to their inbred culture in your family? I guess you want to hang on to your sister (a.k.a. your wife) for life, huh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

The family has already hired an ambulance chasing shyster lawyer. The parents will have no responsibility for watching their child. I wonder if the lawyer is getting 1/3 or 1/2 of the award.
aint they cute

Riverhead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

Gail Snail wrote:
The family has already hired an ambulance chasing shyster lawyer. The parents will have no responsibility for watching their child. I wonder if the lawyer is getting 1/3 or 1/2 of the award.
He wants a quick settlement.

But the gate had an automatic safety brake - which the 'hoodies quickly discovered how to bypass.

Soooooooo.......join the whole neighborhood as co-defendants.

Since: Jul 10

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

You are a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I wonder who's going to hold on the longest to their inbred culture in your family? I guess you want to hang on to your sister (a.k.a. your wife) for life, huh?
I'm not the one from North Carolina, bumpkin.
shameless-li

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

QUOTE:
"Attorney Alberto Ebanks said security guards weren’t watching Sunday when 12-year-old Yakim McDaniels was killed.
He was playing on the gate with a group of kids when he somehow became stuck and his upper body was crushed between the rolling metal gate and the frame.
“Security guards basically did nothing,” Ebanks told 1010 WINS.“They’re sitting there playing cards. They’re playing guards, they never responded. You have the Fire Department and the NYPD responding before the security guards who are on the premises.”
Ebanks said the building should have done more to keep kids away from the gate."

why wasn't this kid's mother watching him, it's not the responsibility of the security guards to watch other peoples kids.
these kids were playing there for weeks already, without any complaints from the parent/parents before. why now???
the kids not even buried yet and all the mother and her lawyer are worried about is $$$$. nice, the kids better off dead than to be raised by a loser like her...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

aint they cute wrote:
<quoted text>
He wants a quick settlement.
But the gate had an automatic safety brake - which the 'hoodies quickly discovered how to bypass.
Soooooooo.......join the whole neighborhood as co-defendants.
They need to dust it for fingerprints. If the fingerprints match the kids that were "playing" on the gate, then they are guilty and that will kill the lawsuit.

Why did the parents let their kids play on the gate? They were aware of the danger. Just waiting on payday I guess. Too bad a kid died because of stupidity.
You are a joke

Wilmington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Judged:

The Real Jimmy Crack Corn wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one from North Carolina, bumpkin.
Sorry to burst your tiny bubble, inbred, but I am originally from New York City, born and raised. Now go tend to your sister/wife and the kids.

“Tea with toast and jam”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

Gail Snail wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad a kid died because of stupidity.
He looked more like a gang banger than a kid.
Victor Obo Sugar Sugar

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Judged:

Voss Chipmunk wrote:
<quoted text>He looked more like a gang banger than a kid.
Who that ChipMunk on the phone ?
the awkward moment when

Wellsboro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

... a parent yells "Sho' me da money!" when they hear there kid was killed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••