Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
229,601 - 229,620 of 305,183 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text> You ride your bike 200 miles a week. Hmmmm....between THAT,work,and other activities,when do you spend time with the little one?
@@
200 miles on a bicycle in 7 days isn't that time consuming. Do you go to the gym or exercise in some way?

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!! I'm trying to fit in a little posting during my two minute break.
You're an amateur. I'm gettin in on, right now.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The whole point of having an abortion is to kill and remove the fetus, so that there will no child. What is your point?
You better not tell Bitner that. According to her the point is to end the pregnancy, the death of the fetus just sorta happens, but it is NOT the intent.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
How is this even her business? What a crass, nosy, judgmental old btch that woman.
Only an idiot would criticize someone for doing regular cardiovascular exercise.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
You better not tell Bitner that. According to her the point is to end the pregnancy, the death of the fetus just sorta happens, but it is NOT the intent.
She's correct. The point is to end the pregnancy. That is accomplished by removing the fetus which results in the death of the fetus. So?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
What child? An embryo is not a child. And "Planned parenthood says..."? So what? Since when do the PL take as gospel anything PP "says"?
I was looking at the three D picture of a 56 day old embryo. It is amazing how formed it is, even to fingers and toes. Everything is already there just waiting to grow big enough to be born.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>She's correct. The point is to end the pregnancy. That is accomplished by removing the fetus which results in the death of the fetus. So?
How old was your little fetus when you ended his life?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>She's correct. The point is to end the pregnancy. That is accomplished by removing the fetus which results in the death of the fetus. So?
So is she right or are you? The intention is either to kill the fetus or it isn't.

"elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The whole point of having an abortion is to kill and remove the fetus, so that there will no child."

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How old was your little fetus when you ended his life?
I don't remember how many weeks pregnant I was. It was very early on, several weeks. Why?

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
So is she right or are you? The intention is either to kill the fetus or it isn't.
"elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The whole point of having an abortion is to kill and remove the fetus, so that there will no child."
Ending the pregnancy is killing the fetus. Same thing.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You're an amateur. I'm gettin in on, right now.
I needed a drink of water but <pant pant> I'm getting back to business right now!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Only an idiot would criticize someone for doing regular cardiovascular exercise.
And exercise you don't even have to get out of bed to do...how can you beat that!

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

<quoted text>
And exercise you don't even have to get out of bed to do...how can you beat that!
Bed?:-)
Katie

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Oh looky here at this pattern of PCers showing PLers up and then getting banned. Like I was the week after Easter, two weeks after my ex passed away unexpectedly. Such wonderful displays of Xtianity.

STO is better than all of you put together. He shows up Doc and Lynne D without profanity (like my posts w/ warnings about profanity when none existed), but POOF! Gone.

You whinybaby reporters got nothing else, huh? If anyone should be banned, it should be Lynne D just for using and hording all the bandwidth.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Katie wrote:
Oh looky here at this pattern of PCers showing PLers up and then getting banned. Like I was the week after Easter, two weeks after my ex passed away unexpectedly. Such wonderful displays of Xtianity.
STO is better than all of you put together. He shows up Doc and Lynne D without profanity (like my posts w/ warnings about profanity when none existed), but POOF! Gone.
You whinybaby reporters got nothing else, huh? If anyone should be banned, it should be Lynne D just for using and hording all the bandwidth.
New reality show: Bandwidth Hogs.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Katie wrote:
They're cowards. Especially Pupsilicious.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Elise, LNM, you're both right!
Gotta run. Have a good night over there :)

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

pbfa wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Lynne, you replied because you are Lynne D, and you are a victim of Narcissstic Personality Disorder.
You're a feeble-minded moron, as well.
Sucks to be you.
Spot on, p.

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So I can assume that we leave the subject with an open mind that maybe Jesus did exist?
On to this century. I listened to the program with interest and was dissappointed that no sister from the LCWR was in attendence. I didn't get a clear picture of what they want from the Vatican. I understand their need to promote social justice but I don't remember any of them being so vocal against pedophile priests. It seems to me some had to be aware.
Do the sisters want to be fathers? God knows the mothers and the government have replaced fathers but that is another subject for another day.
Good Evening "Ink."

To be clear, I'm not trying to argue from a position that says that Jesus definitely did not exist--I'm honestly still on the fence about that and probably always will be. Nor am I really trying to convince you of anything or chip-away at your faith as it were.
I'm just genuinely enjoying a good conversation with you.
If you want to pursue this I'm game...in fact, I've thought of some titles you might find interesting regarding that subject:
"The Passover Plot" by Hugh J. Schonfield. An interesting book that speculates how Jesus was more of a political rebel than a religious figure. "Jesus: An Historian's Review of the Gospels" by Michael Grant. A good work that tries to uncover, and understand Jesus through an historian's perspective. "Jesus and the Riddle of the Dead Sea Scrolls" by Barbara Thiering. A very interesting book that speculates that Jesus was actually a member of the Essenes, and that some of the "miracles" he'd performed were actually coded messages that were later interpreted to be "miracles."
Anyhow onto this century. Yes I heartily agree that it was disappointing that there wasn't a representative of the LCWR on the show to present their argument directly. And yeah, sans direct representative, the whole motive of the LCWR remains unclear, at least to me. Granted I still haven't read-up enough about them and their position but I'm working on that. No I also don't remember an audible shriek from them about the sexual scandals in the Church.
As to your last statement well, I can definitely see how someone with a conservative point of view and values rooted in tradition would perceive our current cultural shifts in that manner but, as you said, that's another subject for another day.

Since: Nov 10

Breckenridge Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Ending the pregnancy is killing the fetus. Same thing.
And killing is taking a human life...its murder.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson-Heights Discussions

Search the Jackson-Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 10 min Paul Yanks 306,250
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 47 min Pollys Opinion 14,426
what is obama's strength 59 min the real deal 13
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 45,908
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr Candy4Me 9,399
Nikon is The Most Overrated Camera Company (Aug '12) 4 hr Veronica Langley 131
Meet the Doctors Who Say They Can Reshape a Bab... 4 hr Chiropractor from Chicago 4
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE