First Prev
of 1999
Next Last

Since: Oct 06

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 6, 2006
Here's your chance to talk high school football with other local fans. Please keep your comments clean.

NOTE: If you attempt to use this forum to demean or insult student-athletes, you will be blocked from making future posts.
Sarge

Bronx, NY

#2 Dec 6, 2006
Congratulations to all the teams and individual athletes that received well earned awards. What a wonderful group of young men represented Suffolk and Nassau County during the 2006 season.
Congratulations Lawrence. ENJOY! Was there when you recovered that on side kick at the Carey game and went on to win. Broke my heart but I salute you anyway. You guys were the story of the year!
football fan

Patchogue, NY

#3 Dec 6, 2006
i dont really understand how marino can the most votes on the island on that news day pole for best linemen wit somewere around 780 votes and the kid that one it only had 32 that is a little weird to me.
david

AOL

#4 Dec 6, 2006
i think zach howell should of won the boomer easion award
david

AOL

#5 Dec 6, 2006
does anybody like huntington with all the double teams i think one of the brattons should of won the best reciever awards
Joseph Tyson

Elizabeth, NJ

#6 Dec 6, 2006
Tiller played at CI - I'd venture to say there was something 1 person who saw him play for every 20 who saw Marino.
Piccolo 20 Lindy

Oceanside, NY

#7 Dec 6, 2006
im sry but idk if u guys saw any recievers play but Cervantes is a beast no1 goes up and gets the ball like my boy. me and him tore it up this season we were the whole offense
LI Fan

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Dec 6, 2006
The kid is 6'5"-335 lbs and moves great. What can you expect. Marino is good but come on...
AllStar

AOL

#10 Dec 6, 2006
Congrats yo Tiller on Winning the Zellner but Marino still is better athlete congrats the kid is 6'5 congrats if Marino was 6'5 he will be going to PennState for football Marino is Faster and Stronger than Tiller and has tons more athletic ablitly than that kid will ever have.
LI Fan

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Dec 6, 2006
I know Marino's good - I saw him play - But you still can't teach 6'5"
LI Fan

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Dec 6, 2006
Let me add this - Tiller is just starting his career. He was never serious about football. Can you imagine what a top Div 1 program will do to him. This kid has tremendous upside. Marino is a great HS player. But he probably is limited in the future.
AllStar

AOL

#13 Dec 6, 2006
LiFan...what are you talking about..who runs out of bounds so they don't get hit..and not a team player..
AllStar

AOL

#14 Dec 6, 2006
ok u are from farmingdale you are prob one of his friends how did u watch him play you are in Nassau Marino is 6'2 he is going to college for defense and look at D1 that is a great size dlinemen Tiller is good im not saying that but you cant just be turned on to football you have to live football and breath football and if you dont take it serious how do you no that he wont take it serious in college were kids are bigger faster and stronger than him.
Joseph Tyson

Elizabeth, NJ

#15 Dec 6, 2006
Did anyone notice the season that Jon Spruill had? The kid is a gamebreaker. 27 catches for 722 yards (this on a team that rushed for well over 2,500)- that is an average of 28.6 yards per catch. He had 8 touchdowns - 46,43,43,41,42,58,56,& 51 yards!
On top of it he added to his county record for interceptions.
Congratulations on an outstanding career.
LI Fan

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Dec 6, 2006
Ive seen them play - The twins from Huntington run out of bounds so that they don't get hit. Ive seen them run out 3-4 yards in front of defenders. Great ball players - great talents - just not team players.
Jarrett Coleman

Smithtown, NY

#17 Dec 6, 2006
Do you guys follow the catholic leaugue? Cuz if you dont you guys are missing out on a real treat. Anthony Parris of St John the Baptists ran for 1365 yards and lead a team that was 1-8 last year to the A division championship. If that doens warrant an All long island bid than i dont know what does!!!
LI Fan

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Dec 6, 2006
For all star - I work in Farmingdale and live in Suffolk. And by the way - there's alot of Farmingdale in Suffolk County.
Tom Santomauro 87

New York, NY

#20 Dec 6, 2006
I would hope that a legit D-1 lineman would have offers outside of Penn St., whose name just doesn't have the cache it once had----Olivea, who played at Lawrence, started at Ohio St., it would really be something if Tiller or Elliott went to a place like that or Michigan.
Someone Who Knows

Milford, CT

#21 Dec 6, 2006
I think that Josh Jacques should have won the Boomer award. He is a class act.
i know

Woodbridge, CT

#22 Dec 6, 2006
to the longwood parent... the reason why 700 people voted for marino and 32 for tiller is because the 32 voted for him saw him play and watched film of him..the 700 people that voted for your son did not watch film.... plus you prob. voted more than once and other people that log on and talk are full of it anyway.... the people that know whats going on do not pay attention to ignorant people like you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 1999
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 5 min mjjcpa 5,592
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 9 min Unbiased Chargers... 309,537
are you happy that obama is prez and do you tru... 29 min rock the vote 8
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 48 min Enough 15,767
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr grave digger 47,599
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 2 hr Realist 11,166
jets talk back (Dec '07) 3 hr JETS 4 LIFE 9,455

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson-Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson-Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]