Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,016

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79818 Jun 6, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer Jim Croce
Q Sig...
http://www.panoramio.com/user/6472695
Now there's a singer!
How many Quantum Physicists would it tak to save Time in a Bottle?
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79819 Jun 6, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer Jim Croce
Q Sig...
http://www.panoramio.com/user/6472695
BTW...
What are you doing up this late/early?
Me; I've gotta stop taking naps after dinner... LOL

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#79820 Jun 6, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>BTW...
What are you doing up this late/early?
Me; I've gotta stop taking naps after dinner... LOL
Went for a long drive today, tooks some photos, kissed M'Ladys hand on a mountain top at sun set with a nice glass of Lambrusco and turned in early... TV was still on and hear Scott Walker Won so had to get up and have a sip of Amaretto De Soronto in celebration...

Q Sig...
http://www.panoramio.com/user/6472695
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79821 Jun 6, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Not "That" Heart... If you know of another one could you please point it out to my in any of the Human Anatomy diagrams and photos of the workings of the human body....
Q Sig...
http://www.panoramio.com/user/6472695
Amazing Machine...
The Human Body....
All those teeny tiny parts working together,
Designed to carry your energy, life force though this life...
to be recycled... ashes to ashes... dust to dust...
If the Lord won't have you....
You know the rest! LOL
I know you THINK I'm delusional, but what if it's you?
Would you even know it???
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79822 Jun 6, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Went for a long drive today, tooks some photos, kissed M'Ladys hand on a mountain top at sun set with a nice glass of Lambrusco and turned in early... TV was still on and hear Scott Walker Won so had to get up and have a sip of Amaretto De Soronto in celebration...
Q Sig...
http://www.panoramio.com/user/6472695
Sounds great!
I was woke by the Grandbaby saying "I'm wet!"...
She's getting so big, loves to help me water the mators...
We both get wet... LOL

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#79823 Jun 6, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Amazing Machine...
The Human Body....
All those teeny tiny parts working together,
Designed to carry your energy, life force though this life...
to be recycled... ashes to ashes... dust to dust...
If the Lord won't have you....
You know the rest! LOL
I know you THINK I'm delusional, but what if it's you?
Would you even know it???
Also consider that there are More little critters living inside you that You living inside you.. There are more Individual living organisms inside the human body that human Cells in the human body.. Reality is that your body is in less control whether you live or die than They are...

And Yes I would because I would rely on Evidence that could be Validated by observation the Know.... You require no Evidence to Believe...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#79824 Jun 6, 2012
Replace That with Than on several occasions... But not all... That post required Discernment....
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79825 Jun 6, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
Replace That with Than on several occasions... But not all... That post required Discernment....
LOL... I read it just fine, as I make a boo boo now n then..
Believe does take faith, but when so many things line up,
it turns into evidence, not that it can be replicated for
obsevers, and records were made except for my booking time n date..
and the days n nights in jail, or how I went in, and came out...
What was told to me, and what I did, the times I was helped devinely... Not just stories, as I wouldn't lie (except to save Jews in my attic)...
Anyways... You have a great day!
I've got to muster myself to get ready for work...
It's gonna be a Long day :-)
Quantummist

Manchester, KY

#79826 Jun 6, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>LOL... I read it just fine, as I make a boo boo now n then..
Believe does take faith, but when so many things line up,
it turns into evidence, not that it can be replicated for
obsevers, and records were made except for my booking time n date..
and the days n nights in jail, or how I went in, and came out...
What was told to me, and what I did, the times I was helped devinely... Not just stories, as I wouldn't lie (except to save Jews in my attic)...
Anyways... You have a great day!
I've got to muster myself to get ready for work...
It's gonna be a Long day :-)
No... it matters not how many things line up, how many happenings happen... how many times the coins lands heads up... It does not become Evidence until it is Verifiable, Reproducible by anyone that wishes to attempt the effort....

And I do not discount your stories.. I salute them... But I have my own stories of seemingly wondrous survival.. And I see no need for Magic... But that being said I wish you the Best of Days.. And unlike many that have their own religions that define them (Religion does not need be divine or mystic ) I say only that if ones Belief leads them to do Good when No One Is Looking then it has merit and should be given respect...

Work Hard and become rich and famous.... Then buy me stuff...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#79827 Jun 6, 2012
That last comment was ME... I just pushed the wrong button...
juggalo

Charlotte, NC

#79828 Jun 6, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I guess it didn't make the Top 10...
A Christian speaker landed somewhere a few years back (some conference)... His Daughter got on the plane (twin engine I think),
to go back home.
The survivor (not sure the only one..) was bracing for impact, looked up, and saw the Daughter slumpted over in her seat!
I'd keep searching for the story, but...
History here has proven that even if I found the story, and posted
it... not many here would believe it anyways!
Yet, they'll think baby killing, and sodomy is A-Ok...
Go figure!
If you found the story and posted it , it would say the guy looked up and saw the girl slumped over ..what does that prove ? Maybe she was praying , maybe she was assuming the " crash position " ...it could be a great number of things ..I'm sure if my child was in an accident , I would want to hope that they didn't feel pain and I'm sure the parents of this girl would like to think that also , but the problem starts when someone takes what they WANT to believe ,and claim its fact
juggalo

Charlotte, NC

#79829 Jun 6, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Either way....
She did not feel the crash...
Or that transition from live to dead!
Are you going to feel that?
What are you going to feel after?
Myself? Joy unspeakable!
I Like waking up in the morning, humming a Gospel tune!
The only one who would know if she felt the crash or not is not in the position to tell anyone . I don't know if I would feel the transition from life to death no one knows that and in my opinion, anyone who claims to know is not telling the truth ..I do find it disturbing that you feel someone who " believes " would not suffer before death ..a lot of people suffer for years with various problems ..are you saying these are bad people ?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#79830 Jun 6, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It's probably because 'You' think Death is the end...
No one gets out alive!
There is evil out there... wanting you to hate God, or
disbelieve!
Those of us, that Knows God is real, don't really care how we go,
just knowing it's not the end!
A lone survivor of a plane crash saw at the last minute a passenger (Christian girl) was already gone before the impact!
Others just go to sleep...
Hold the phone...

Did you just suggest that a Christian, just prior to a terrible accident, will be "taken" and spared the trauma? What evidence would you cite to support such a hypothesis?

If that is what you're suggesting it is both insane and deeply disturbing at the same time. Do Christians really want non-Christians to suffer? It's amazing. First we get Hell and as if that's not enough we're the only ones who have to feel pain at death??

lol, that's some effed up shite.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#79831 Jun 6, 2012
DjinnSin wrote:
The bible should be taught in school. If a private company wanted it to be that way and sold people an educational package to parents that wanted that for their children.
And on the same street is someone wanted to go to a Buddhist private school they should have the same rights to choose that for their children.
The idea that bothers me is that the government should be providing education for our children. The education would be better if it was run by individual companies that had to compete for students. Stop taxing people on things that the federal government not only has no real right in dictating but does a poor job implementing publicly.
Until the system is changed people should stick to homeschooling. Which parents are federally penalized for by paying extra fees currently and still required to provide taxes for the public school system. Why should someone pay more to be responsible and put less burden on the public system is beyond my comprehension.
This is a recipe for the destruction of education and the elimination of any remaining vestige of American initiative and creativity.

The Pew folks have been running the same poll for many, many years asking people about evolution. To this very day something like 40% of Americans STILL say God created humans as they are some 10,000 years ago.

If that percentage is true then without a decent public school system those same parents would align with schools that reject science in favor of superstition.

And that's just ONE problem with such a radical idea as eliminating public education.

“Memento mori”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#79832 Jun 6, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
the problem starts when someone takes what they WANT to believe ,and claim its fact
Which is exactly what every single post from YAA is. It's all about what he wants to believe. He does not care for truth.

He justifies being dumb, intolerant and belligerent by convincing himself that the ends justify the means. If he hates the people his religion tells him to hate, purposefully detaches himself from reality and lashes out against freethinkers, he'll be granted immortality.

I guess it makes sense for immoral person to worship such an immoral god.
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

#79833 Jun 6, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a recipe for the destruction of education and the elimination of any remaining vestige of American initiative and creativity.
The Pew folks have been running the same poll for many, many years asking people about evolution. To this very day something like 40% of Americans STILL say God created humans as they are some 10,000 years ago.
If that percentage is true then without a decent public school system those same parents would align with schools that reject science in favor of superstition.
And that's just ONE problem with such a radical idea as eliminating public education.
My Dear Sir, That was fabulous! Hands down, Fabulous. I don't think Christopher Hitchens or Samual Harris could of said it more thorough.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79834 Jun 6, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No... it matters not how many things line up, how many happenings happen... how many times the coins lands heads up... It does not become Evidence until it is Verifiable, Reproducible by anyone that wishes to attempt the effort....
And I do not discount your stories.. I salute them... But I have my own stories of seemingly wondrous survival.. And I see no need for Magic... But that being said I wish you the Best of Days.. And unlike many that have their own religions that define them (Religion does not need be divine or mystic ) I say only that if ones Belief leads them to do Good when No One Is Looking then it has merit and should be given respect...
Work Hard and become rich and famous.... Then buy me stuff...
I've gota grandbaby, who says "Where's my friend Papaw" when I'm gone when she awakes...
I want no more fame, or fortune than that!
:-)
PS... buy yer own stuff... LOL
I will give you mators, beans, n corn!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79835 Jun 6, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is exactly what every single post from YAA is. It's all about what he wants to believe. He does not care for truth.
He justifies being dumb, intolerant and belligerent by convincing himself that the ends justify the means. If he hates the people his religion tells him to hate, purposefully detaches himself from reality and lashes out against freethinkers, he'll be granted immortality.
I guess it makes sense for immoral person to worship such an immoral god.
Yoou are free to think, or Believe anything you want!
...
Incase you missed this...
It seem most Minority pastors feel this way to!
“Sodomy is not a civil right.”

I'm proud to say these words were spoken by Virginia Delegate Bob Marshall on national media following a critical victory for the Family and Public Advocate.

You see, last week pro-Family activists derailed a plot to set up a radical homosexual as judge in Virginia.

Speaker Bill Howell and other members of the Republican controlled House tried to appease the Homosexual Lobby by allowing this nomination to go forward unopposed.

Thankfully Bob Marshall alerted my office in time for me to rally Public Advocate’s Virginia supporters.
....
“Sodomy is not a civil right.”
Remember these words, as Perversion is NOT a 14th ammendment Right!
If it was... Sandusky should get off scott free!
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#79836 Jun 6, 2012
boy you guys are just too smart for me . you all go far above this simple minded me. But I do so love reading all of it though.
Atheist

United States

#79837 Jun 6, 2012
This is old, but it still upsets me.
I'm not too far out of high school.
I'm in college on a full scholarship.
I volunteer time at a nursing home, soup kitchen, and cleaning the highways. I have for a few years now, started volunteering at the hospital at 15, lead my to my desire to practice medicine.
I am an atheist. I do not steal, I volunteer my time, I avoid hate. I tend to be a better Christian than most Christians.
I would not want to see the bible pushed on students. It's a parent's job to reach their kids faith. If my kids want to go to church, they can.
My parents never forced it on me. I think I turned out alright.
The world is about being a better person, not shoving your believes down other's throats.
Just something to ponder on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Isom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Cornelius Scudmister 153,293
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min yeah man 4,699
deann craft 38 min Skank 17
spanky 49 min Gross 4
All Men's Drug Rehab Center 50 min Pill Popper 1
Nick Campbell 2 hr Lazy 5
brian damron does major bust in kona bottom (Jun '11) 2 hr Truth 24
•••
•••

Isom Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Isom People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Isom News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Isom
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••