Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,915

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#79852 Jun 7, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Yoou are free to think, or Believe anything you want!
Incase you missed this...
It seem most Minority pastors feel this way to!
“Sodomy is not a civil right.”
I'm proud to say these words were spoken by Virginia Delegate Bob Marshall on national media following a critical victory for the Family and Public Advocate.
You see, last week pro-Family activists derailed a plot to set up a radical homosexual as judge in Virginia.
Speaker Bill Howell and other members of the Republican controlled House tried to appease the Homosexual Lobby by allowing this nomination to go forward unopposed.
Thankfully Bob Marshall alerted my office in time for me to rally Public Advocate’s Virginia supporters.
“Sodomy is not a civil right.”
Remember these words, as Perversion is NOT a 14th ammendment Right!
If it was... Sandusky should get off scott free!
Seems you would let people believe what they want, so long as it is in agreement with you.
Where does the notion of "sodomy" come from (which incidentally many straight people practice)? Yep, religion. Where does the prohibition come from? Yep, religion. Where does your belief it is wrong come from? Yep, again religion.
According to your own desire to push your religion under the guise of "freedom of religion", if a religious sect adopted sodomy as a sanctioned expression of their religion, they should be protected to do such. Thus, it WOULD be a civil right to practice their religion as they see fit. It doesn't matter if the beliefs of that sect are widely accepted so long as they are sincerely held.
Tolerance is giving EVERY other single living person the EXACT same rights you claim for yourself.
Oh, and incidentally, I saw the best poster the other day: "If abortion of a fetus is murder, then a BJ is cannabalism".(I know that will send YAA off in a tizzy - but I am just in a good mood).

“Memento mori”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#79853 Jun 7, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems you would let people believe what they want, so long as it is in agreement with you.
Where does the notion of "sodomy" come from (which incidentally many straight people practice)? Yep, religion. Where does the prohibition come from? Yep, religion. Where does your belief it is wrong come from? Yep, again religion.
It's funny how upset religious people get over sex. I've noticed they'll try to support their arguments with sex. "The world is going to hell and it's because gay people are having sex!" "All of these abortions are happening because people don't know how to keep their pants on before marriage!" YAA is no exception when it comes to this of course. He's always thinking about sex and how it's ruining every aspect of our culture.

I heard someone say this before and I agree with it: if it weren't for sex and the rules they set for it, most religions would die.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#79854 Jun 7, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny how upset religious people get over sex. I've noticed they'll try to support their arguments with sex. "The world is going to hell and it's because gay people are having sex!" "All of these abortions are happening because people don't know how to keep their pants on before marriage!" YAA is no exception when it comes to this of course. He's always thinking about sex and how it's ruining every aspect of our culture.
I heard someone say this before and I agree with it: if it weren't for sex and the rules they set for it, most religions would die.
Oh I completely agree! I venture to say that YAA thinks more about the sex lives of his gay neighbors than they ever think about his. Yet he wants to call them the perverts.

Of course religions want to control sex. It is one common characteristic among "most" people. With very few exceptions, people want to have it - whether male, female, black, white, etc. Thus, religions make it evil or restrict it in order to keep people needing some 'absolution' all the while knowing that they people are going to want it again within another few days. Finally they make rules to limit sex for reproduction among those reproducing followers - just to boost their numbers and keep their religion alive.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#79855 Jun 7, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Christopher Hitchens knows the truth now!
God is REAL!
Just so you know... As soon as we all find out that YOU have died, we are all going to be saying, "Yaa knows the truth now! God is NOT REAL!"

You would be disappointed, but you'll be dead and not thinking.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#79856 Jun 7, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No!
If you want to believe you came from a monkey... so be it!
It's your choice, but I hope you ponder it!
Have a great day!
You have a great day too, monkeyboy.
Atheist

United States

#79857 Jun 7, 2012
I would just like to say that evolution does NOT say we come from monkies.
We have a common ancestor.
You should read Darwin sometime.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79858 Jun 7, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
But you DID actually say that in your example the girl was taken just before impact. That was your suggestion. I'm asking for evidence to support such an idea.
At the risk of talking to a wall, no one believes humans "came from a monkey". That is a strawman argument that Creationists continue to use because it sounds funny when you say it.
Humans evolved from an ancestor common to both monkeys and humans. DNA, fossils, morphology...these and other lines of evidence are very clear. Reality is not interested in belief, just evidence.
Whatever you WANT to Believe....
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79859 Jun 7, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you know... As soon as we all find out that YOU have died, we are all going to be saying, "Yaa knows the truth now! God is NOT REAL!"
You would be disappointed, but you'll be dead and not thinking.
Hahahaha!
Read my Lips.... "God is Real"!
Just because you don't know Him, don't make Him imaginary...
You CAN get to know Him IF you WANT too....
It is your choice!
I already KNOW the Truth... Death is not the end!
Read something God friendly...
Study all the NDE's... there IS a central theme with all of them...
Including one by children under 5, that never heard the stories of white light, and Loving feelings of Heaven....
Notice also that none of the children that had a NDE never talked about the Hell aspect... only adults!
Again.... you can believe whatever you want, but even you will know the truth at the end!
God is real, I hope you get to know Him way before that time!
Good night, n God Bless :-)
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#79860 Jun 7, 2012
Even though , I am not very smart , this one is just to ponder on. In two post sorry so long.
An atheist professor of philosophy speaks to his class on the problem science has with God, The Almighty. He asks a believer...
Prof: So you believe in God?

Student: Absolutely, sir.

Prof: Is God good?

Student: Sure.

Prof: Is God all-powerful?

Student: Yes.

Prof: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to God to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill, but God didn't. How is this God good then? Hmm?

(Student is silent.)

Prof: You can't answer, can you? Let's start again, young fella. Is God good?

Prof: Is Satan good?

Student: No.

Prof: Where does Satan come from?

Student: From...God...

Prof: That's right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Prof: Evil is everywhere, isn't it? And God did make everything, correct?

Prof: So who created evil?

(Student does not answer.)

Prof: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don't they?

Student: Yes, sir.

Prof: So, who created them?

(Student has no answer.)

Prof: Science says you have 5 senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen God?

Student: No, sir.

Prof: Tell us if you have ever heard your God?

Student: No, sir.

Prof: Have you ever felt your God, tasted your God, smelt your God? Have you ever had any sensory perception of God for that matter?

Student: No, sir. I'm afraid I haven't.

Prof: Yet you still believe in Him?

Prof: According to empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science says your God doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student: Nothing. I have only my faith.

Prof: Yes. Faith. That is the problem science has.

Student: Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Prof: Yes.

Student: And is there such a thing as cold?

Prof: Yes.

Student: No, sir. There isn't.

(The lecture theatre becomes very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student: Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat, but we don't have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can't go any farther after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

(There is pin-drop silence in the lecture theatre.)

Student: What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Prof: Yes. What is night if there isn't darkness?

Student: You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light, but if you have no light constantly, you have nothing, and it's called darkness, isn't it? In reality, darkness isn't. If it were, you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn't you?

Prof: So, what is the point you are making, young man?

Student: Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#79861 Jun 7, 2012
Prof: Flawed? Can you explain how?

Student: Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life, and then there is death, a good God and a bad God. You are viewing the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, science can't even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor. Do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Prof: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course I do.

Student: Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shakes his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument is going.)

Student: Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an ongoing endeavour, are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

(The class is in uproar.)

Student: Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor's brain?

(The class breaks out into laughter.)

Student: Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established rules of empirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures?

(The room is silent. The professor stares at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Prof: I guess you'll have to take them on faith, son.

Student: That is it, sir. The link between man and God is faith. That is all that keeps things moving and alive.
Sorry so long , but since you were all on the subject.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79862 Jun 7, 2012
Atheist wrote:
I would just like to say that evolution does NOT say we come from monkies.
We have a common ancestor.
You should read Darwin sometime.
You are absolutely correct!
We do have a common ancestor!
His name was Adam :-)
And that parralell universe your looking for....
It's called the "Spirit realm"!
When the machine that carries your energy(spirit) dies...
You will cross over to the spirit realm!
I hope you are a Theist before that time!
BTW....
Are you dead sure that there is No God, or are you just following the Wrong religion?
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79863 Jun 7, 2012
trusted wrote:
Prof: Flawed? Can you explain how?
Student: Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life, and then there is death, a good God and a bad God. You are viewing the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, science can't even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor. Do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?
Prof: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course I do.
Student: Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?
(The Professor shakes his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument is going.)
Student: Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an ongoing endeavour, are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?
(The class is in uproar.)
Student: Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor's brain?
(The class breaks out into laughter.)
Student: Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established rules of empirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures?
(The room is silent. The professor stares at the student, his face unfathomable.)
Prof: I guess you'll have to take them on faith, son.
Student: That is it, sir. The link between man and God is faith. That is all that keeps things moving and alive.
Sorry so long , but since you were all on the subject.
Great Post!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79864 Jun 7, 2012
Good night all...
God bless, n sleep well!
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#79865 Jun 7, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
Good night all...
God bless, n sleep well!
Better sleep well, sure to get it later. Oh well, this also shall pass as well.
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

#79866 Jun 7, 2012
I really like the 'premise' of you're story, trusted. Simply put, you are only establishing what has already been said about faith.. and using a flawed 'terminology' of sorts does not give evidence, only 'self-evident' lecture that we constantly hear over and over. The word "cold" is merely used for the 'dummies' to describe a temperature reading @ a certain degree. If we continue down this road, then we REALLY do get our Dinosaurs and Noa's ark back? What about Atlantis? lol, the list could go on and on... like a 'flawed' debate being used as any premise.

If the nation of Islam took this country over and forced the Quran to be taught in schools, you fake azz zealots would be rampid in the streets like some Occupy protesters, but talkin about religious equality... preach on preachers!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79867 Jun 8, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text>Better sleep well, sure to get it later. Oh well, this also shall pass as well.
LOL...
Yep, it starts now...
They cry about this antiquated Book, and just about everyday it proves it's self to be more than JUST a Book!
Calling 'Good' evil, n 'Evil' good...
Killing Babies, being perverted...
It's all right there!
I just hope they have enought smarts to hit their knees
when Iran/Islam declairs Peace with Israel!
on a side note;
On Wretched last night they had some enteresting data
on same sex marriages...
from the
http://www.nationalreview.com/ #
stating that the pecentage rates of divorce are way higher, and
for hetrosexuals it is dropping!
50% for Lesbians, 30ish for men...
seems only about 15% even want to get married if they can!
Poor judges...
how is he to know just who gets the most stuff?
LOL
I know... not that funny!
Have a great day!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79868 Jun 8, 2012
enough... drop the T
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#79869 Jun 8, 2012
Just wanted you all's outlook on the story , since that was what all the fuss was about. We all have faith in some way. To trust in what we think , not only in religion , but in everyday life. Do you not have faith your raising your kids right, in your loved ones, your car getting you were you need to go each day, your job paying your bills? If it is not faith of some sort what is it? I may not be living right but I am trying . Not on a fence , been poked on the tail too much. Just taking it all in.
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#79870 Jun 8, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
enough... drop the T
Was that meant for me?:( If so lets dont set judgement on each other , I am not RUSTED,COME ON,lol , just dont trust anyone or anything anymore. May not be perfect but I dont have to be anymore , take me or leave me is now my attitude. It is trusted , because trust is something I no longer have, finally after years of wrong. My faith no longer lays in men , but only in God. So if I am a bad person , then so be it . Stick and stones may break my bones, but as you know words can not harm me, although they do cut to your heart sometimes.....
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#79871 Jun 8, 2012
A drunk man in an Oldsmobile,
They said, had run the light
That caused the six-car pileup
On 109 that night.
When broken bodies lay about
And blood was everywhere,
The sirens screamed out elegies,
For death was in the air.

A mother, trapped inside her car,
Was heard above the noise;
Her plaintive plea near split the air:
"Oh, God, please spare my boys!"

She fought to loose her pinned hands;
She struggled to get free,
But mangled metal held her fast
In grim captivity.

Her frightened eyes then focused
On where the back seat once had been,
But all she saw was broken glass and
Two children's seats crushed in.

Her twins were nowhere to be seen;
She did not hear them cry,
And then she prayed they'd been thrown free,
"Oh, God, don't let them die!"

Then firemen came and cut her loose,
But when they searched the back,
They found therein no little boys,
But the seat belts were intact.

They thought the woman had gone mad
And was traveling alone,
But when they turned to question her,
They discovered she was gone.

Policemen saw her running wild
And screaming above the noise
In beseeching supplication,
"Please help me find my boys!

They're four years old and wear blue shirts;
Their jeans are blue to match."
One cop spoke up, "They're in my car,
And they don't have a scratch.

They said their daddy put them there
And gave them each a cone
Then told them both to wait for Mom
To come and take them home.

I've searched the area high and low,
But I can't find their dad.
He must have fled the scene,
I guess, and that is very bad."

The mother hugged the twins and said,
While wiping at a tear,
"He could not flee the scene, you see,
For he's been dead a year."

The cop just looked confused and asked,
"Now, how can that be true?"
The boys said, "Mommy, Daddy came
And left a kiss for you.

He told us not to worry
And that you would be all right,
And then he put us in this car with
The pretty, flashing light.

We wanted him to stay with us,
Because we miss him so,
But Mommy, he just hugged us tight
And said he had to go.

He said someday we'd understand
And told us not to fuss,
And he said to tell you, Mommy,
He's watching over us."

The mother knew without a doubt
That what they spoke was true,
For she recalled their dad's last words,
"I will watch over you."

The firemen's notes could not explain
The twisted, mangled car
And how the three of them escaped
Without a single scar.

But on the cop's report was scribed,
In print so very fine,
An angel walked the beat tonight
On Highway 109.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Isom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heath johnson 1 hr Childhood friend 1
child molester working for county 1 hr fed up 1
carr creek family resource center (Nov '12) 2 hr fed up 25
Why Do people Turn QUEER? 2 hr Djcompfort734 109
brandon stacy 2 hr know him well 2
Wet dry vote 2 hr Joe Buck 9
bisexual/homosexual 3 hr Kiser 9
Isom Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web