19-year-old killed in Montebello by suspected gang members

Suspected gang members shot and killed a 19-year-old man Thursday night following a dispute on the basketball courts at Reggie Rodriguez Park. Full Story
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
the parents daughter

Beverly Hills, CA

#232 Mar 30, 2010
Concerned Dad wrote:
I knew this kid and some of his family, and including his parents they where involved in gangs!!!!! I don't socialize with them because of that fact but I do live near his dad and I see what goes on.... They do nothing but drink and fight all day and night!!!! Maybe if they had instilled some morals and actually parented their kid he wouldn't have been gunned down!!! What kind of life is that, where you can't even go anywhere without worrying about somebody shooting at you!!!! My god people our ancestors didn't come from Mexico for this crap!!!!! I'm sure if they could see what the hell goes on now they would be ashamed that you carry their last name!!!!!!!!!!
Have some pride and I don't mean that bull of crap that you supposedly tough gangsters tattoo on yourself " Brown Pride" Please you don't even know the meaning of the word!!!! Brown Pride is not joining gangs and waisting all the money that most likely the government gave you on beer and drugs and clothes that look like you just crapped yourself. Brown Pride is getting and education and a descent job for your family's future! And enough of well I was raised in ELA and that's the way it is. Bull I was raised in South Central and it's just as bad if not worse than ELA. My dad wasn't the best dad in the world.I didn't have a great life as a kid. But I made the decisin to go to college and better myself. I had to work two crappy jobs to do it, but worth the sacrifice! Now I have a good job, own my owm house, and own two cars. I have two boys and a girl and there's no way in hell they're running the street at all hours of the night. I'm not saying theyre perfect but they know that gang life is for low life scum. I would think as a parent you would want better for your kids. It's sad that the only thing these parents ever gave to their son was a death sentence by bringing him up in that environment. If you ask me his parents are just as responsible as the idiots that pulled the trigger!! They should be ashamed of themselves. Ashamed of how they live, how they talk, how they dress, how they spend all day in their front yard getting waisted. I really hope this is a wake up call for his family, but I really doubt it! Sorry to say people like this live in my neighborhood.
first of all if you did know his parents good for you but you didnt know my brother he graduated and started a b ball team just because our parents are the way they are dont mean we are you have no clue what your talking aboput you dont know nothing and stop judging my parents maybe you shounld pay more attention to your own life than being nosey how about that oh and who really cares about the stupid life you lived congrats and maybe you should stick to it and you never know you or any of your kids can be in wrong place at the wrong time cause my brother wasnt in the gang life
Scott

Shreveport, LA

#233 Mar 30, 2010
the parents daughter wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all if you did know his parents good for you but you didnt know my brother he graduated and started a b ball team just because our parents are the way they are dont mean we are you have no clue what your talking aboput you dont know nothing and stop judging my parents maybe you shounld pay more attention to your own life than being nosey how about that oh and who really cares about the stupid life you lived congrats and maybe you should stick to it and you never know you or any of your kids can be in wrong place at the wrong time cause my brother wasnt in the gang life
Period and commas work wonders.
Cammi

La Habra, CA

#235 Mar 30, 2010
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Period and commas work wonders.
the daughters rant explains everything
lost hope

Alhambra, CA

#236 Mar 30, 2010
Cammi wrote:
<quoted text>the daughters rant explains everything
Your comment explains every thing. Ignorance running ramped. Parents teach your kids respect. That is what is wrong in the world no respect. A life is a terrible thing to lose in that way.
Scott

Shreveport, LA

#239 Mar 30, 2010
lost hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comment explains every thing. Ignorance running ramped. Parents teach your kids respect. That is what is wrong in the world no respect. A life is a terrible thing to lose in that way.
Ignorance running ramped? That is hilarious on so many levels!
Is "rampant" the word your were looking for?
lost hope

Alhambra, CA

#240 Mar 30, 2010
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance running ramped? That is hilarious on so many levels!
Is "rampant" the word your were looking for?
Thank you MR.Funk & Wagnalls
me2u

United States

#241 Mar 30, 2010
the parents daughter wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all if you did know his parents good for you but you didnt know my brother he graduated and started a b ball team just because our parents are the way they are dont mean we are you have no clue what your talking aboput you dont know nothing and stop judging my parents maybe you shounld pay more attention to your own life than being nosey how about that oh and who really cares about the stupid life you lived congrats and maybe you should stick to it and you never know you or any of your kids can be in wrong place at the wrong time cause my brother wasnt in the gang life
I just wanted to tell the FAMILY... I am so sorry for your HUGE loss.My step son lives in compton, he is not in a gang but it is very scary ( being in the wrong place at the wrong time)God bless you guys
Scott

Shreveport, LA

#242 Mar 31, 2010
lost hope wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you MR.Funk & Wagnalls
You are flat out strange, best of luck to you.
lost hope

Alhambra, CA

#244 Mar 31, 2010
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
You are flat out strange, best of luck to you.
Strange I'm not an online spell check. Here is a word for you Dogmatic, Thank you for the correction best of luck to you.
HELTAH SIN SAY

Ojai, CA

#245 Apr 5, 2010
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE!
WHAT HAS MADE ALL YOU FOOLS FORGET ABOUT WHAT THE WHITE ESTABLISMENT HAS DONE TO OTHER PEOPLE, FOR INSTANCE CREATING SLAVERY BY WAY OF BLACK PEOPLE,
BY BLOOD MONEY FROM OIL, WHAT? THOSE PEOPLE WHO SUFFERED DEATH BY THE HANDS OF THE U.S GOVERNMENT AINT WORTH NOTHING?
YOU COULD NEVER HAVE A RACE OF PUSSYS, THE WHITE MAN SHOW'D EVERYBODY HOW TO GANG BANG, HE MADE THESE GUNS, HE MADE THESE LAW'S, ITS A WHITE MANS WORLD, HE RUNS IT, WE JUST RUN AROUND IN IT.
WHITE PEOPLE HAVE THERE OWN PROBLEMS IN AMERICA, FOR INSTANCE TRYING TO BE BLACK, TRYING TO FIT IN, BLACK PEOPLE KILL EACHOTHER ABOUT AS MUCH AS MEXICAN AMERICANS, ITS NOT THE PEOPLE FROM MEXICO KILLING GANG MEMBERS, ITS AMERICAN MEXCIANS, AMERCIAN MEXICANS DONT EVEN LIKE REAL MEXICANS. BLACKS, WHITES , MEXICANS, ASIANS, PACIFIC ISLANDERS WE ALL KILL EACHOTHER ITS THE AMERCIAN WAY!!!!!!!!!
P.S IF EVERYBODY BEHAVED I GUARANNTEE THAT ONE OF THE ABOVE RACES WOULD TRY TO OPPRESS THE REST!!
OH ONE MORE P.S, PUT THE FUCKEN POLICE OUT OF BUISNESS, DONT COMMIT CRIMES YOU STUPID IDIOTS, ITS THAT EASY, PLAIN AND SIMPLE
Scott

Shreveport, LA

#246 Apr 5, 2010
HELTAH SIN SAY wrote:
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE!
WHAT HAS MADE ALL YOU FOOLS FORGET ABOUT WHAT THE WHITE ESTABLISMENT HAS DONE TO OTHER PEOPLE, FOR INSTANCE CREATING SLAVERY BY WAY OF BLACK PEOPLE,
BY BLOOD MONEY FROM OIL, WHAT? THOSE PEOPLE WHO SUFFERED DEATH BY THE HANDS OF THE U.S GOVERNMENT AINT WORTH NOTHING?
YOU COULD NEVER HAVE A RACE OF PUSSYS, THE WHITE MAN SHOW'D EVERYBODY HOW TO GANG BANG, HE MADE THESE GUNS, HE MADE THESE LAW'S, ITS A WHITE MANS WORLD, HE RUNS IT, WE JUST RUN AROUND IN IT.
WHITE PEOPLE HAVE THERE OWN PROBLEMS IN AMERICA, FOR INSTANCE TRYING TO BE BLACK, TRYING TO FIT IN, BLACK PEOPLE KILL EACHOTHER ABOUT AS MUCH AS MEXICAN AMERICANS, ITS NOT THE PEOPLE FROM MEXICO KILLING GANG MEMBERS, ITS AMERICAN MEXCIANS, AMERCIAN MEXICANS DONT EVEN LIKE REAL MEXICANS. BLACKS, WHITES , MEXICANS, ASIANS, PACIFIC ISLANDERS WE ALL KILL EACHOTHER ITS THE AMERCIAN WAY!!!!!!!!!
P.S IF EVERYBODY BEHAVED I GUARANNTEE THAT ONE OF THE ABOVE RACES WOULD TRY TO OPPRESS THE REST!!
OH ONE MORE P.S, PUT THE FUCKEN POLICE OUT OF BUISNESS, DONT COMMIT CRIMES YOU STUPID IDIOTS, ITS THAT EASY, PLAIN AND SIMPLE
This is by far, the most idiotic, jibberish filled post I've read here in quite some time. Congrats.
BABY MAMA

Fullerton, CA

#247 Feb 2, 2011
THE BAD THING IS TAT EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN COMMENTS AND GUESS WHAT U GUYS DNT KNOW SHIT. YES HE WAS FROM A GANG, HE WAS NOT PERFECT WE ALL HAVE AND HAD MASTAKES THAT WE HAVE DONE... AND U WANT TO SIT HERE AND MAKE IT SEEM LIK ITS OK.. AND ITS NT PLZ PEOPLE YOU DNT SEE WHAT I HAV TO WAKE UP TO EVERY MRNING WITH MY SON, MY SON ASKES FOR HIS DAD KNOW THAT HE TKLS.... MY BBY FATHER WAS ONLY 19 WE HAD OUR SON YOUNG WE WHERE VERY YOUNG AND U GOING TO SIT HERE AND MAKE IT SEEM LIKE HE WENT AROUND KILLING PEOPLE CAUSE HE DIDNT.. MY SON GETS TO SUFFER BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE NOT SAYING AND NAMES OR WO DID IT < TOOK FROM MY SON AND HE LOST HIS DAD TO SOME ONE ELAES HAND.. BULLSHIT.. LOOK U GUYS NEED TO SEEE WHAT UR WRITING CAUSE ITS NO RGHT TO SIT HERE AND MAKE SURE U KNOW WHAT TO SAY.. U GUYS OUR DUMKMB ASSES...:/ LOVE U BBY RAY...LOVE U BABY.. ALWAYS AND FOREVER
----07/31/91-03/11/10----- NEVER FORGET YOUR BBY NEVER CAUSE WE WILL NVER FOR GET U....<3
reggie

Lynwood, CA

#248 Mar 12, 2011
was a oiler now a spartan wrote:
Didnt the city of montebello just spend 1/2 a million dollars on camera's so that these lazy a$$ cops wouldnt have to patrol these parks as much.
yeah thay dont even work
Baby mama

Chatsworth, CA

#249 Jul 28, 2011
noe one will ever noe what type of person he was unless you koe him..I the mother of his child did noe him and he was very loving and careing and did everything he could maybe his life was not good and he had it hard and we struggled but he was not a bad person .. yes he was bold and wore white ts but dont mean nothing.. the thing thatevery one needs to memeber is that he had a son that these ass holes tok from and knw what do i as a mother tekll him that he was taken by some one .. ha plz.. karma comes bak one way or another so every one needs to shut it ,... and keep to their selfs and comments
love and miss you
muah every day i wake up and wish we could hear your voice .. RIP
love u and miss you too

United States

#250 Jul 29, 2011
when you get out of Chino take some ESL and get your GED for your child
a fitting memorial
GED

United States

#251 Jul 30, 2011
phree Mary

New Orleans, LA

#252 Aug 28, 2011
Rip Raymond&to. The family I hope you're all doing better.I feel for you.

God BLESS!(:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Industry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 min Chosen Traveler 28,409
La Mirada City Council election 47 min LM resident 5
18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) 1 hr C K all day 1,749
ERICA LANDMANN-JOHNSEY Said Split Glendora (Feb '11) 1 hr What me Worry 63
La Mirada Boosters In trouble under Moschetti 1 hr Concerned Parents 26
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 2 hr Leon 5,289
2014 Glendora Xmas parade 4 hr rolled to far 4
Industry Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Industry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Industry News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Industry

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:32 pm PST

Bleacher Report10:32PM
Grading Oakland's Positional Units in Week 16
NBC Sports11:42 PM
Raiders knock Bills out of playoffs with 26-24 win - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Inside Bolts' Historic Comeback
NBC Sports 6:05 AM
Charles Woodson: Tony Sparano "made his case" to stick around
CBS Sports 8:35 AM
Report: Raiders T Menelik Watson gives his paycheck to family in need