Slummy town

Posted in the Independence Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Slimmer

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 23, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Was driving down west main street between 11 th st and the bridge behind a car transport, watched tree limbs smacking several brand new cars all up and down the sides and roofs of them. What a negligent little chit hole we live in! Unbelievable!
Phil Herup

Bartlesville, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Slimmer wrote:
Was driving down west main street between 11 th st and the bridge behind a car transport, watched tree limbs smacking several brand new cars all up and down the sides and roofs of them. What a negligent little chit hole we live in! Unbelievable!
Things could be worse, you could live in Coffeyville or Caney.
Amy

Independence, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 23, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Phil Herup wrote:
<quoted text>Things could be worse, you could live in Coffeyville or Caney.
Don't forget Cherryvale!
ratrodder

Independence, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 24, 2012
 
The trees are worth more than the cars anyway.
Indy Sucks

Independence, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

It's all of Montgomery County---including stuck up Independence.

Since: Oct 10

Independence, Kansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 25, 2012
 
Slimmer wrote:
Was driving down west main street between 11 th st and the bridge behind a car transport, watched tree limbs smacking several brand new cars all up and down the sides and roofs of them. What a negligent little chit hole we live in! Unbelievable!
Dealers get reimbursed by the carrier for damage in transit. The car manufacturer pays the dealer a prep fee that covers getting the car ready to sell which would include minor touchup work and cleanup.

City should make sure the road is clear of hazards... the driver should be a little more careful.

Got anything else to gripe about...?
Question

Independence, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Indy_Dick wrote:
<quoted text>Dealers get reimbursed by the carrier for damage in transit. The car manufacturer pays the dealer a prep fee that covers getting the car ready to sell which would include minor touchup work and cleanup.
City should make sure the road is clear of hazards... the driver should be a little more careful.
Got anything else to gripe about...?
If some vehicle were to experience damage due to low-hanging tree limbs, wouldn't the city possibly be the one held liable? If that's the case, I think the city needs to get some trees trimmed higher so we don't spend a lot of our tax dollars paying higher insurance premiums (due to all the claims made by such vehicles).
This is another one of those infrastructure things that is being completely ignored. What has happened so that things that used to be taken care of routinely are now being completely ignored? West Main Street looks horrible.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Independence Forum right now

Search the Independence Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pete tucker case 57 min MarthaSteward 4
Meghan & Amber 1 hr MarthaSteward 114
Glue Sniffers 2 hr u goofy crackhead 7
Question for you all old timers 2 hr eight 16
Jeff King 3 hr eight 51
Wife losing weight 5 hr anonymous 17
Senertor Reid Comments 5 hr Rick 2
After Prom 20 hr Dee 23
•••
•••
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••