Colo. utility proposes new power line through region

More than 80 miles of new electricity transmission could be constructed through San Juan County, connecting utility stations near Shiprock to Ignacio, Colo., according to a regional expansion plan proposed by a Colorado-based electricity provider. Full Story
well

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Sep 9, 2009
hopefully the nm tree hugging fanatics raise as big a stink as the colorado tree huggers regarding the displaced animals, vegitation and 'sacred' native lands. That ought to hold it back as least as long as these huggers postpone and make impossible new well drilling in these areas.
Roger

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Sep 9, 2009
And these people in Co. bitch about the smog from N.M. and want electricity? What a bunch of hypocrites. I say let them live in darkness!!!
Impartial

Rio Rancho, NM

#3 Sep 9, 2009
I agree, I see no benefit to NM, all to Colo. I say lower our electric bills than they can put it in NM, intead we are supplying them power. Say No!
GreenRights

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Sep 10, 2009
What is green about building a new power line to a coal burning power plant ?? These people need to wait on solar and wind turbine energy sources.
nope

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Sep 10, 2009
These super green coloradoans need to build their own power plants in their own neighborhood and we will sell them all the coal they need for it. Unless they 'gasp' get a brain and build a nuke plant. I didn't know tree huggers needed electricity anyway, I thought they rode bicycles and ate bark and wore home spun cotton clothes.
GreenRights wrote:
What is green about building a new power line to a coal burning power plant ?? These people need to wait on solar and wind turbine energy sources.
NObama

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Sep 11, 2009
GreenRights wrote:
The problem with your green sources are solar only works when the sun shines and wind only works when the wind blows, there always needs to be a constant source of reliable power, coal works and is cheap. Well it would be if B.O. would stay out of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ignacio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Durango Jukebox (Jul '12) Dec 2 Musikologist 15
What is Y'all favorite holiday? Oct '14 Delilahblue 0
Surviving a story of assault: Woman shares her ... (Apr '09) Oct '14 romc49 3
Leah (Jul '09) Sep '14 Kris 7
Rural cops get militarized Aug '14 Robert H 1
Review: Bodeans Towing LLC (Jun '14) Aug '14 Robert H 2
Local Pagosa Springs Sheep Rancher Jailed (Aug '13) Aug '13 Sharon Parker 1
Ignacio Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web