bath salts

Posted in the Huntsville Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
confused

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 5, 2012
 
Can anyone explain what bath salts are? I keep reading articles about people using them to get high. But I don't understand what they are.
do not know

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 5, 2012
 
confused wrote:
Can anyone explain what bath salts are? I keep reading articles about people using them to get high. But I don't understand what they are.
I think you should get information about this some where else not here because young children could get on here and also get bad info.
Bambi

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 5, 2012
 
confused wrote:
Can anyone explain what bath salts are? I keep reading articles about people using them to get high. But I don't understand what they are.
Since a child can get on Topix, they can probably also google the information, so I will answer your question.

Brand names include Blizzard, Blue Silk, Charge+, Ivory Snow, Ivory Wave, Ocean Burst, Pure Ivory, Purple Wave, Snow Leopard, Stardust, Vanilla Sky, White Dove, White Knight and White Lightning

What is it?

A synthetic, stimulant powder product that contains amphetamine-like chemicals, including mephedrone, which may have a high risk for overdose. Because the drug is new and some of the contents unknown, using it in any way is highly dangerous.10 Right now, bath salts are illegal in a growing number of U.S. states, as well as foreign countries like Canada, Australia and Great Britain.11

Sounds like to me that it is like Coke or meth. Though I am unsure of why they call it bath salts.
confused

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 5, 2012
 
Bambi wrote:
<quoted text>
Since a child can get on Topix, they can probably also google the information, so I will answer your question.
Brand names include Blizzard, Blue Silk, Charge+, Ivory Snow, Ivory Wave, Ocean Burst, Pure Ivory, Purple Wave, Snow Leopard, Stardust, Vanilla Sky, White Dove, White Knight and White Lightning
What is it
A synthetic, stimulant powder product that contains amphetamine-like chemicals, including mephedrone, which may have a high risk for overdose. Because the drug is new and some of the contents unknown, using it in any way is highly dangerous.10 Right now, bath salts are illegal in a growing number of U.S. states, as well as foreign countries like Canada, Australia and Great Britain.11
Sounds like to me that it is like Coke or meth. Though I am unsure of why they call it bath salts.
Thank you for the info. I thought they were actual bath salts like you put in your bath water to make it scented etc. I wondered why people would ingest them. Sounds like they should be illegal though.
Bambi

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 5, 2012
 
I thought I knew what it was but just checked to make sure. I think that they are granules or chunk like and they probably call them bath salts to try to HIDE what they really are...drugs! Sounds dangerous and yukky!
Bambi

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 5, 2012
 
gigga777 wrote:
It is sold as bath salts to be put in your bath but really thats just what they say so they can put it on the shelfs. Its keeps you awake like meth but other than that in no way is it similar to either coke or meth. This stuff is stupid. Ive seen people ruin them self on this stuff. Its will totally change your personality and even when you stop the drug the effects are perminent. Ive seen it all and as crazy as it sounds i think meth and coke are acually way safer than that crap. I know people who were addicted to meth and people who do coke and never has it affected there personallity. Then multiple people i know was doing that stuff for like a month and tere not even the same people it seem like. Whoevers idea it was to put that stuff on the shelf should go to hell.
This is a sincere question, are you saying that it is really bath salts from the store or something similar...and its packaged that way in the bath section and that is where people are buying it?

I thought they were manufacturing it and since it looked like bath salts they just called it that.

You are saying that people are using the bath salts off of the store shelf?
Bambi

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 5, 2012
 
gigga777 wrote:
They acually sell it behind the counters at gas stations. Along with ciggerettes. You to be 18 to get it. Its supposed to be euphoric bath salts. Like u put it in your bathtub and it makes you feel good. So no its not just any bath salts. Its a special kind they usually have behind the register at gas statios.
Thanks, that makes sense. Wow, all that stuff is made up of chemicals and such, I hope people understand how dangerous that stuff is.

One person said they knew someone fried from only one month use. Scary!
crooked town

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It's sad the lengths that some people will go to for a high. I wish marijuana was legal. I mean it is a natural plant. I've never heard of anyone going crazy by just smoking weed.
Bambi

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

crooked town wrote:
It's sad the lengths that some people will go to for a high. I wish marijuana was legal. I mean it is a natural plant. I've never heard of anyone going crazy by just smoking weed.
I agree.

It always amazes me how "taboo" marijuana is cause of the hippies?

Yet, people can smoke cirgarettes--which affects their lungs and everyone around them AND drink alchol, which kills your brain cells.
People also get pretty hyped up and angry when they drink--plus they puke.

However, marijuana is smoke that affects the lungs and also kills your brain cells. But, people usually do not get hyped up. They just want to chill and get the munchies.

Driving is a no-no under any circumstances if your are under the influence of ANYTHING.

So, I do not get what is so bad about POT. If you can have a beer and smoke which kills your brain cells and hurts your lungs, then why can't someone have a joint and kill their brain cells & lungs. Its the same thing.

People get in their head that something is so bad but they do not have the reason or the logic behind it.

The problem is , anyone can grow pot but the advertising and manufacturing will lose out. Plus, if people can grow their own legally, the Gov can't get taxes.

Oh, and if people can grow some pot for free and help their medical ailments, then the pharmacuetical companies lose out--can't have that!
crooked town

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 5, 2012
 
I agree with Bambi. Alcohol and cigarettes kill everyday but are perfectly acceptable to most people. And I do believe that money is the reason marijuana is illegal. They want you to get high on their drugs. Think how many people wouldn't need xanex etc. if they could just smoke pot. It makes me angry at how much money is wasted in our courts etc. for nothing more than marijuana. What a waste.
Bambi

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 5, 2012
 
crooked town wrote:
I agree with Bambi. Alcohol and cigarettes kill everyday but are perfectly acceptable to most people. And I do believe that money is the reason marijuana is illegal. They want you to get high on their drugs. Think how many people wouldn't need xanex etc. if they could just smoke pot. It makes me angry at how much money is wasted in our courts etc. for nothing more than marijuana. What a waste.
I really think that its just a stigma for the older people remembering the 60's and the hippies. Because they are on these strong & dangerous drugs the doctor gives them with multiple side affects but goodness, a natural plant that can relieve pain without any side affects (besides a trip to MCdonalds) is just awful! Of course, the drug companies want it banned and push the legal system to keep it that way!
Check it

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 6, 2012
 
Jerry Franke sold me some bath salts, they were strawbeery. I chased his wife around the house thinking she was an alien with her big fat head, but the high didnt last long, as i was starting to chew her face, i realized it looked like it had already been chewed on or so it looked.
Bambi

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 6, 2012
 
Check it wrote:
Jerry Franke sold me some bath salts, they were strawbeery. I chased his wife around the house thinking she was an alien with her big fat head, but the high didnt last long, as i was starting to chew her face, i realized it looked like it had already been chewed on or so it looked.
I don't get it.....
just a mom

Moberly, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 6, 2012
 
Ok, and what is DEW?
Bambi

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 6, 2012
 
just a mom wrote:
Ok, and what is DEW?
I am so glad you asked because I was trying to think of the name and couldn't..DEW.

When I asked a kid, I was told that is was tobacco or synthetic tobacco that they put in pipes or bongs....and that since it is NOT A NATURAL weed, like pot, it has more additives and CHEMICALS in it.

Therefore, I would think that DEW would be MORE DANEROUS than pot.

However, I got my info from a kid I asked and therefore, my info may not be right. But that was how it was explained to me.
crooked town

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 6, 2012
 
It is synthetic pot. It is highly addictive. The high is nothing like a weed high. I've never smoked it but I am friends with a person who tried it. His exact words were 2 hits and I was tripping. He said he would never smoke it again. He said he wanted a weed high and that wasn't it. This stuff is extremely dangerous. Just legalize marijuana and no one would buy this shit. In a few years down the road they are going find out this stuff causes cancer etc.
King

Ottumwa, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 22, 2012
 
crooked town wrote:
It is synthetic pot. It is highly addictive. The high is nothing like a weed high. I've never smoked it but I am friends with a person who tried it. His exact words were 2 hits and I was tripping. He said he would never smoke it again. He said he wanted a weed high and that wasn't it. This stuff is extremely dangerous. Just legalize marijuana and no one would buy this shit. In a few years down the road they are going find out this stuff causes cancer etc.
Idk some people say it is just like the weed high, I on the other hand thik it is not the same at all. I dont like it. It made me trip the hell out, not cool. And yes it is way way super duper addictive, I know a huge pot head who had been smoking weed for many many years an they smoked the DEW and now thats all they get, they dont even care for real pot anymore. Krazy right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Huntsville Discussions

Search the Huntsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Thomas 92,195
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 11 hr SURPRIZE 6,873
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 12 hr Funny 18,911
Dust (Apr '12) Sat duh 31
Whos the best person to get pics done Sat Rocaways 7
Moberly is meth Capitol Sat Brianna 3
Why are people so trashy in Moberly? Sat sure nuff 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Huntsville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Huntsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••