Huntsville students want campus Chick-fil-A closed

Jul 31, 2012 Full story: Hattiesburg American 7

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. -- Some students at the University of Alabama in Huntsville are calling for the campus Chick-fil-A restaurant to close after a company executive's comments caused an uproar in the debate over gay marriage.

Full Story
The Huntsville Times

Ellaville, GA

#2 Jul 31, 2012
HUNTSVILLE, AL -- Hundreds of openly gay male students at the University of Alabama in Huntsville are demanding that the campus Chick-fil-A restaurant to close after a company executive's “God hates fags” comments caused an uproar in the debate over gay man-on-man homosexual anal sodomy marriage.

Members of UA Huntsville's Gay Men’s Alliance want the restaurant shut down. GMA Founder and President Eric Bohner said having the restaurant on campus is not consistent with the university's HBY (Hug a Bone Yodeler) policy. He said the group plans to take up the issue with a gay ATM (AssToMouth) Sit-In with Sodexo, which operates the campus Chick-fil-A.

Another student, Lourdes Christan, disagrees. She said Chick-fil-A is a God fearing Christian company, and that people should be respectful of only their opinions. Chick-fil-A president Rev. Dan Cathy told the Baptist Press this month that the Atlanta-based company was "guilty as charged" for backing "the biblical definition of Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve... like Harley-Davidsons, God hates fags!"

--

The Huntsville Times - going digital!
we fired our fat drunk & stupid rednecks and bought computers
Fawn Dilmahbals

Atlanta, GA

#3 Aug 1, 2012
Today IS the day ALL great Americans need to go to Chick-fil-A and buy lots of chicken sandwiches and blue waffle fries... show the godless gays homosexual sodomites that you stand with God and the baby Jesus, and agree with all of the Chick-fil-A owners that God hates fags! God bless you as you eat your chicken sandwich and blue waffle fries.
The Huntsville Times wrote:
HUNTSVILLE, AL -- Hundreds of openly gay male students at the University of Alabama in Huntsville are demanding that the campus Chick-fil-A restaurant to close after a company executive's “God hates fags” comments caused an uproar in the debate over gay man-on-man homosexual anal sodomy marriage.
Members of UA Huntsville's Gay Men’s Alliance want the restaurant shut down. GMA Founder and President Eric Bohner said having the restaurant on campus is not consistent with the university's HBY (Hug a Bone Yodeler) policy. He said the group plans to take up the issue with a gay ATM (AssToMouth) Sit-In with Sodexo, which operates the campus Chick-fil-A.
Another student, Lourdes Christan, disagrees. She said Chick-fil-A is a God fearing Christian company, and that people should be respectful of only their opinions. Chick-fil-A president Rev. Dan Cathy told the Baptist Press this month that the Atlanta-based company was "guilty as charged" for backing "the biblical definition of Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve... like Harley-Davidsons, God hates fags!"
--
The Huntsville Times - going digital!
we fired our fat drunk & stupid rednecks and bought computers
Omega

United States

#4 Aug 1, 2012
I did not realize that Blue Waffle Fries were now available. Chick-Fil-A Rules.
Original Phantom

Huntsville, AL

#5 Aug 1, 2012
Guess I arrived late. Where's the issue? Even the not-so-straights must realize the the Cathys' have a right to an opinion. I haven't heard of any of their franchisees refusing to employ or serve the boys and girls of another persuasion. What I think: The Cathys just set up themselves as a stage for protest. Luckily, for them, it turned out to be great free advertising.
Freddy

Huntsville, AL

#6 Aug 1, 2012
Close the university.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#7 Aug 1, 2012
Fawn Dilmahbals wrote:
Today IS the day ALL great Americans need to go to Chick-fil-A and buy lots of chicken sandwiches and blue waffle fries... show the godless gays homosexual sodomites that you stand with God and the baby Jesus, and agree with all of the Chick-fil-A owners that God hates fags! God bless you as you eat your chicken sandwich and blue waffle fries.
<quoted text>
Hey, maybe that's what the traffic jams around the country at Chic-Fil-A were for today. The gay toads just put money in the CFA bank accounts!! Maybe the gays need to start their own restaurant chain. They can specialize in Mountain Oysters! Fried,baked, stewed,boiled,bar-b-qued,and the ever famous; Mountain Oyster Gumbo!!!! All served with an order of French Tickler Fries. Ya'll can try it first, I'll catch up at a later date,much later.
Anonymous

Knoxville, TN

#8 Aug 2, 2012
Has anyone forgotten that Christians are supposed to enjoy freedom of speech also?? I don't care if people like it or not. Every other faith enjoys it, why can't we???? I went to Chick-fil-A and it was great! I went both for my faith and for protecting our right to free speech

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vikings' Adrian Peterson Arrested for 4-year Ol... 9 hr Sharon 7
Tourism Industry Booming In Qatar 16 hr FOX News reporting 1
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) 21 hr Centrist 242
Woman Loses 180 Pounds After Microwave Diet Mon Stan and Kyle 2
Professional Donor Becomes Richest Man in Wyoming Sep 14 FOX News reporting 1
Investigation warranted in Huntsville Cabela's ... Sep 13 MAD AS HELL 1
Looking for gay doctors Sep 13 Gay Man 6
•••
•••
•••

Huntsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••