Possible Drowning in Madison County

Full story: WHNT News 19 21
Emergency crews were called to the Madison County boat docks for a possible drowning early Sunday morning off Hobbs Island Road. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
john

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#1 Aug 1, 2010
if this the same person i think it its then it is sad that this person was seen drinking beer at 7 am in the morning with his friend poss after a all night party, and then go and do something like swimming drunk. people never learn.
jkl

Huntsville, AL

#2 Aug 1, 2010
john wrote:
if this the same person i think it its then it is sad that this person was seen drinking beer at 7 am in the morning with his friend poss after a all night party, and then go and do something like swimming drunk. people never learn.
Its not about never learning.
jacqy soberandout

United States

#3 Aug 1, 2010
Let's see you saw someone try to swim in dangerous water while drunk and after partyign all night but you let him go in is that it? Or were you too drunk to help or care? did you learn anything? you are right people never learn from their own deaths because they are dead and learning has ceased. The question is whether you learned anything that can make anyone else's life safer or better in anyway

Huntsville, AL

#4 Aug 1, 2010
jacqy soberandout wrote:
Let's see you saw someone try to swim in dangerous water while drunk and after partyign all night but you let him go in is that it? Or were you too drunk to help or care? did you learn anything? you are right people never learn from their own deaths because they are dead and learning has ceased. The question is whether you learned anything that can make anyone else's life safer or better in anyway
He said was seen NOT that He saw them.
john

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#6 Aug 1, 2010
i saw them at a local business at around 7 to 8 am they were drinking beer and was overheard that they was going to dito landing to go swimming, both apeared to be to drunk to be doing anything, but you can not stop someone that you do not know.for doing something stuipd.
Who is Manwas

Decatur, AL

#10 Aug 1, 2010
I know he was 27-years-old, but that's pretty funny name....manwas.
They pulled 27-year-old manwas removed.
Chris

Huntsville, AL

#12 Aug 1, 2010
john wrote:
i saw them at a local business at around 7 to 8 am they were drinking beer and was overheard that they was going to dito landing to go swimming, both apeared to be to drunk to be doing anything, but you can not stop someone that you do not know.for doing something stuipd.
Please, use some proper grammar and correct spelling. Fact of the matter is someone just lost a son, brother, best friend, boyfriend or possibly a fiancÚ. Does it really matter if he/they were drinking at 7 or 8 in the morning? Wake up call my friend, go to any river/lake in Alabama on the weekend around the same time and guess what over 1/2 the people you see on their boats cruising at 60+mph have already popped the cap and have had a few. Its a sad tragedy that this guys family is having to go through this, my thoughts and prayers go out to them.
Rob

Florence, AL

#13 Aug 1, 2010
Well said Chris
randi

United States

#14 Aug 1, 2010
Ok I knew him for years. Let's get it straight for all the stupid people on here talking shit. He was a WHITE 27 year old that had children. It is very sad what happened to him. He wasn't by all means the smartest person in the world, but then again all stupid decisions people make don't end up killing them, otherwise we would all be dead. This isn't something for inconsiderate people to make fun of. Fact is drunk or not anyone could drown like that.
Woosie

Huntsville, AL

#15 Aug 1, 2010
RIP
Beth

Athens, AL

#17 Aug 1, 2010
Very sad.My heart & prayers go out to his family.You all should be ashamed.You are not on this earth to judge anyone.
mary

Hartselle, AL

#18 Aug 1, 2010
what does it matter if he was black or white,he was a human being.if he was drinking at seven,maybe he was sober when he drowned,people that don't drink drown also.judge not,least you be judged.
Star

Decatur, AL

#19 Aug 1, 2010
R.I.P. I dont care if you are drunk or sober. In the rivver there are rip currents, if you catch one not wearing a life jacket, i dont care if your the hulk. you have a big fight on your hands.
Ron C

Dubuque, IA

#21 Aug 2, 2010
What kind of person picks the news forum of an extremely sad story like this to try to be funny? What if it had been your dad, son, spouse or brother? What kind of person trys to be funny by ridiculing a race of people and promoting contempt? God made all of us - and- when you ridicule his creation, you are ridiculing Him. He will judge you for that. To use that kind of humor in a sad situation like this is extremely sick. If his family happens to read these news comments, it would be nice if they could see a community that shares their sadness and cares about what happen. Instead, you have posted a lot of hateful, obscene trash.
Grandma from Illinois

Pekin, IL

#22 Aug 2, 2010
Thank you to all of you who have shown human kindness and feeling for Chris's family. Your kind words and sympathy are appreciated.
To those of you who find it necessary to bad mouth him without ever knowing him, I say, may Karma return the same to you and yours in the near future. I am happy to know there are so many saints in Madison County, AL. for as the Bible says "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
shawn mccabe

Montgomery, AL

#23 Aug 2, 2010
all yall shut up he was my best friend and he didnt have any kids and he did drank alot but we all do
SheSabre

Rainsville, AL

#24 Aug 2, 2010
GOD BLESS THE FAMILY! May God give them each the strength they need right now to endure such a tragedy and the hope for the healing of their hearts! May God bless them all with whatever their particular needs are right now...and ALWAYS!
CJG

Huntsville, AL

#25 Aug 2, 2010
May God Bless
Barlow Fam 2 Shawn Mccabe

Searsport, ME

#26 Aug 3, 2010
Shawn Mccabe of Decatur:, Chris's parents had not seen him since 2001, they lived in Alaska then and a few years ago moved to TX.....Chris's parents are heartbroken, do you or ANY of this young mans friends have any recent pictures or videos (or in past 9 years) that you could forward to his family.????.....they are tore up over this....and please say a prayer for the Barlow family.......we would appreciate any help in this......email me at akruth@roadrunner.com
thanks
kathy

Towson, MD

#27 Aug 5, 2010
I think all children should have swimming lessons. I failed my first lessons because the water was so cold. Later on in life I became an All American Swimmer with records and awards from my college.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what here to do 13 hr Gods Chosen People 5
Madison Co principal allowed "sting" that resul... Thu Vicchimacchiato 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Annonymous 85
Vikings' Adrian Peterson Arrested for 4-year Ol... Sep 16 Sharon 7
Tourism Industry Booming In Qatar Sep 16 FOX News reporting 1
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Sep 16 Centrist 242
Woman Loses 180 Pounds After Microwave Diet Sep 15 Stan and Kyle 2
•••
•••

Huntsville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Huntsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Huntsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntsville