Woman shot and killed by Madison police had a history of mental illness

Aug 4, 2012 Full story: Alabama Live 11

Police tape and evidence markers in an area of the 100 block of Michael Ave. in Madison, AL where Deborah Jo Day,55, was shot just before 4 a.m. Saturday morning when she raised a pistol at police after threatening to shoot her neighbors.

Full Story
Sandy DeVaney

Atlanta, GA

#3 Aug 5, 2012
.......... Please remember she has a living son in Madison that Is heart Brocken over the loss of his mother , we are very sorry for and hurt that she caused for any one , but all negative remarks will not hurt anyone but him, the fact is the Madison police fired 17 rounds at a woman with A TOY GUN!!! but they will not release that it is a TOY GUN!!! They could have handled this situation any way different 3 men one woman they could have shot her in the knees it was OVER KILL!!! 4 of those 17 shots hit her. Its very sad all the way around she did not have to die the way she did. And for that legacy for her son to have to live by the madison police , but please keep in your prayers because after all would like to loose your mother to a hell of gun fire when she had A TOY GUN!! Its very unnecessary .
Sandy DeVaney

Valley, AL

#4 Aug 5, 2012
To the ignorant ass remark about being raised by wolves , for your information was raised by his his grandmother ( my mother ) next time get your information straight I'm a close family member .
Neil Anblomee

United States

#5 Aug 5, 2012
Top of the World Maw. They will never takes me alive.
Nonya Business

Huntsville, AL

#6 Aug 6, 2012
Whoever wrote this is so stupid I can't find the words to describe it. Roboblogger, it is disgusting the way you decided to add your own made up "facts" to the story, since I am positive your info was not according to police. A stolen 9 mm?? It was actually a BB gun...not even loaded. But reports have been too scared to mention that part. No news even mentioned a stolen 9 mm. Get the facts straight. I saw the was they gunned her down. This will probably haunt me forever. She did not have to die that day. To me it looked more like she was putting her hands up, but forgot to drop the gun first in all the commotion. I do not believe she was trying to point her "BB" gun at officers. But they released fire before they could even tell what she was trying to do.
guin

Huntsville, AL

#7 Aug 6, 2012
FOX News reporting wrote:
I'd hate to live in Alabama!
<quoted text>
move
Harry Balsonya USMC

Collinsville, AL

#8 Aug 6, 2012
I work for Boeing and just flew back in to my home just outside of Vancouver Washington. I was at a cookout some friends were having over on Micheal Avenue in Madison the other night, when THIS crazy woman came running down the road butt naked yelling something about that black gangbanger Trayvon. She was waving a 9mm automatic handgun, pointing it at us and screaming "You're the national debt... I'm the Incubus of Egypt... it's time to die". The nice police begged her over and over to put the gun down, but she kept yelling "Death to Pigs" at them. I was amazed how they put her out of her misery with that single bullet right between the eyes. I guess pumping her lifeless body full of all the other bullets was just target practice. That one $2.00 bullet is saving American taxpayers tens of thousands dollars a year by getting another insane lunatic off "the draw" (ie - welfare). Such a good way to clean up our great country. This day, a real rain came...
Dave Chamberlame

United States

#9 Aug 7, 2012
This biatch used to come up here to Tennessee and act all crazy and what not. One thing for sure... she sure could bob on a knob!
Cryel Wright

United States

#10 Sep 6, 2012
MADISON, Ala. (WHNT) Officers with the Madison Police Department have been cleared in an August 4 incident that involved them shooting a woman at an apartment complex. The woman died.
joe

Jonesboro, GA

#11 Sep 6, 2012
Only honest cops in Madison are dead ones!
Ike Roy

Atlanta, GA

#12 Sep 7, 2012
Why was this woman butt naked on all fours? Was she offering gay monkey butt sex to the pigs? Everyone knows that the coppers are a bunch of wiener smokers on the low down. I'm surprised they didn't shot her in the A'hole with a load of jizz.
Brian

Slidell, LA

#14 Sep 27, 2012
Well I wouldn't have done much different. I'm not trying to be negative but if I had a gun raised to me... lets just say I want to go home to my family. I understand she had family to go home to also but why didn't they cross her mind when all this went down? I pray for her family because they are the true victims here...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can the F-Type save Jaguar? Fri Stan and Kyle 6
How will it impact Jaguar's Global sales?? Fri CoffeeTalkJoe 1
Jason Klonowski Fri Stan and Kyle 23
Review: Chronic Pain Care Svc - Shaun Aggarwal MD (Aug '11) Thu Drew Miiligan 328
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 VeggieBurger 90
Will Jaguar surprise us at the January 2015 Det... Dec 17 CoffeeTalkJoe 1
Jaguar makes Blind Spots go away!! Dec 17 CoffeeTalkJoe 1
Huntsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Huntsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Huntsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:14 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:14PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 6:53 AM
Julio Jones' availability hinges on pre-game workout, again
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
Bleacher Report 9:45 AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Saints
Bleacher Report10:16 AM
Complete Preview for Saints vs. Falcons