Sick Of Crummy Food Servers Who Are Dumb

Posted in the Huntington Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Jun 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

kisses wrote:
<quoted text>My phone is never on while I'm working! Do you idiots understand we are taking your orders on an ipod touch? That's the only "device "I use while working.
When will you be giving the names of establishments in Huntington that use this high tech format of ordering, because I'm unaware of any.
lou

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Jun 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

kisses wrote:
<quoted text>z Buddies BBQ, Black Sheep, Sears. Need I go on? Get a life and catch up with technology. Won't name the place I work, but we use them as well.
Yes you do need go on, since now you're just straight making shit up.
iphone wrangler

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Jun 9, 2012
 
lou wrote:
<quoted text>
When will you be giving the names of establishments in Huntington that use this high tech format of ordering, because I'm unaware of any.
lou, you are right, no one will answer because it is highly unlikely that anyone around here uses this technology to place orders.
that it

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Jun 9, 2012
 
your right
kisses

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Jun 9, 2012
 
Go have lunch at Buddies BBQ on 3rd avenue, or try out the new restaurant adjacent called Black Sheep. I even saw them being used at Sears! The restaurant that I work at also uses them.
iphone wrangler

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Jun 9, 2012
 
kisses wrote:
Go have lunch at Buddies BBQ on 3rd avenue, or try out the new restaurant adjacent called Black Sheep. I even saw them being used at Sears! The restaurant that I work at also uses them.
lol - sears??? u r joking aren't you? This is about food service. y wont you name where you work. it is not like anyone on here will know who you are. i might like to try the place out. what could be wrong with drumming up some business for your employer?
Htown gal

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Jun 9, 2012
 
kisses wrote:
Go have lunch at Buddies BBQ on 3rd avenue, or try out the new restaurant adjacent called Black Sheep. I even saw them being used at Sears! The restaurant that I work at also uses them.
Sweetie, come on now....where do you supposedly work? We want to know what local restaraunt uses iPods to placd orders lmbo. Sears lol?
well

Foster, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Jun 9, 2012
 
Lazy wait staff are just as annoying as rude prima donna customers. They both deserve each other.
agreed

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Jun 9, 2012
 
well wrote:
Lazy wait staff are just as annoying as rude prima donna customers. They both deserve each other.
Agreed.

It is gross to know that wait staff uses their phones while handling food.

To the other person who wrote about Chili's. At the mall location, I have seen with my own eyes the wait staff there eating customers food. If you go into the pickup door on the side (bar side), you have a straight line of sight to the kitchen area where they place food on customers plates. I have watched the wait staff there grab food and start grabbing food and munching before taking the plates to the customer. I let the manager know and got the whole "I am sorry to hear that, I will handle it" speech. I think his name was Edwin. He was polite and nice, but I really wonder if anything changed. I also let him know that the to-go orders are NEVER ready on time regardless of the time you are told they will be ready.

I have a friend who left their iphone on the table the waitress told him that she turned it over to the mgr on duty. Well, the mgr said someone took it from the safe and now they could not find it.

My buddy had to call corporate and threaten to sue (he would have won as the waitress said she turned it in to management). Long story short, they gave him money for a new iphone, money for replacement apps, and 200 in gift certs (they knew they were gonna lose if he sued). He should have called the police and done a stolen property report honestly. They knew who took the phone but did not want to admit it. I never looked at that location the same after that fiasco.
agreed

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Jun 9, 2012
 
^the employees were eating right off the line before taking the food to customers^ Just did not look cool at all.
Out wayner

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Jun 9, 2012
 
agreed wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
It is gross to know that wait staff uses their phones while handling food.
To the other person who wrote about Chili's. At the mall location, I have seen with my own eyes the wait staff there eating customers food. If you go into the pickup door on the side (bar side), you have a straight line of sight to the kitchen area where they place food on customers plates. I have watched the wait staff there grab food and start grabbing food and munching before taking the plates to the customer. I let the manager know and got the whole "I am sorry to hear that, I will handle it" speech. I think his name was Edwin. He was polite and nice, but I really wonder if anything changed. I also let him know that the to-go orders are NEVER ready on time regardless of the time you are told they will be ready.
I have a friend who left their iphone on the table the waitress told him that she turned it over to the mgr on duty. Well, the mgr said someone took it from the safe and now they could not find it.
My buddy had to call corporate and threaten to sue (he would have won as the waitress said she turned it in to management). Long story short, they gave him money for a new iphone, money for replacement apps, and 200 in gift certs (they knew they were gonna lose if he sued). He should have called the police and done a stolen property report honestly. They knew who took the phone but did not want to admit it. I never looked at that location the same after that fiasco.
They have too many young people just outta school or still in school working there. I like their food though. Best chips around here.
Bronx style

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Jun 9, 2012
 
Out wayner wrote:
<quoted text>
They have too many young people just outta school or still in school working there. I like their food though. Best chips around here.
Hey you hick. Didn't u just post in the thread about overweight kids? I see that you are here bragging about chips being tasty. You are a wayne county hick. Redneck!!
Anonymous

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Jun 9, 2012
 
Are people seriously complaining about germs being transferred from a phone to a plate of food? Do you think that servers only touch your plates and nothing else? They touch your credit cards that have changed hands many more times than a phone. How about the fact that they have to touch doors that other people have touched?
Consumer of food

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Jun 9, 2012
 
Anonymous wrote:
Are people seriously complaining about germs being transferred from a phone to a plate of food? Do you think that servers only touch your plates and nothing else? They touch your credit cards that have changed hands many more times than a phone. How about the fact that they have to touch doors that other people have touched?
I think they are annoyed that their servers are not focused on them if they are messing with their phones.

If a server is all wrapped up in facebook, twitter, texting, then they are not focused on the customer they are supposed to be providing top quality service too. I tip according to how much attention I get from my server. I will not be rude to my server, but when they get their tip, they might wonder why they received so little from me.

Pay attention to your customers, take care of them, be nice to them, stay focused on your customer and you will be rewarded handsomely in most cases.

And please, like many have said on this thread - turn off your cell phones, they are not required to be a waiter / waitress.
lolz

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Jun 9, 2012
 
This thread is hilarious. As if any consumer in Huntington can say anything about manners or cleanliness. If you would get off your phone when I'm taking your order, I will show you the same respect. As for the germs associated with your cell phone, I ALWAYS wash my hands after handling my pone and before handling food. How often do you geniuses wash your hands? You think our phones have any more germs than yours, especially when we use ovens, deepfriers, whatever that burn away bacteria? You are all ridiculous.
Wow

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Jun 9, 2012
 
This thread is ridiculous. The entitled attitude of most complaining customers on here disgusts me. And no I'm not in food service, and yes I do have a job!
Wealthy Married Male

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Jun 9, 2012
 
lolz wrote:
This thread is hilarious. As if any consumer in Huntington can say anything about manners or cleanliness. If you would get off your phone when I'm taking your order, I will show you the same respect. As for the germs associated with your cell phone, I ALWAYS wash my hands after handling my pone and before handling food. How often do you geniuses wash your hands? You think our phones have any more germs than yours, especially when we use ovens, deepfriers, whatever that burn away bacteria? You are all ridiculous.
I am curious, not from a smartalec standpoint either, so please do not be offended. Why don't servers just turn off their phones when they get to work?
Worms n turds

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Jun 9, 2012
 
F@cking a$$h@les!!- Francis
Vinny Terranova

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Jun 9, 2012
 
Wow wrote:
This thread is ridiculous. The entitled attitude of most complaining customers on here disgusts me. And no I'm not in food service, and yes I do have a job!
When a patron is paying for something they are ENTITLED. Thank goodness you do not run a business. A server does what for a paying customer?? SERVES THE CUSTOMER. I buy the server for the time I am in their restaraunt. They belong to me provided I am a paying customer.
Wealthy Married Male

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Jun 9, 2012
 
Vinny Terranova wrote:
<quoted text>
When a patron is paying for something they are ENTITLED. Thank goodness you do not run a business. A server does what for a paying customer?? SERVES THE CUSTOMER. I buy the server for the time I am in their restaraunt. They belong to me provided I am a paying customer.
Huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Huntington Forum right now

Search the Huntington Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr fitness-guru 43,740
emaleigh stevens leaked photos 1 hr jess 13
Holderby's Landing (Jul '12) 2 hr nohalgerg 22
ryan brumfield 3 hr lol 1
Huntington Principal Webb (Sep '13) 3 hr I was there 79
James nicks 4 hr player 6
hunington loves there hookers 4 hr putsy fart 1
Huntington high school 8 hr Policy 32
•••
•••
•••
•••

Huntington Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••