Forest Lake / Broadway project contractor chosen

Full story: TwinCities.com

It is axiomatic that in any New York Times story about any aspect of the weather, it is only a matter of time before the reporter - they appear to be operating from a set of instructions - inserts the required admonition about global warming, which is now more frequently called climate change and might soon return to being called global cooling.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lewis Sinclair

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 27, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Thankfully, Soucheray wrote this before he was notified of the death of Madame Nhu, otherwise he would miss the deadline as he sits alone in the Big Garage weeping inconsolably into a glass of warm beer.

For those who are too young or have short memories, check Madame Nhu's obiturary. Michelle Bachmann and Michelle Obama? Sarah Palin and Amy Klobuchar? Amateurs! The Dragon Lady was a professional!

And in her time, a pinup girl for good old "Souch".
Oliver Town

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 27, 2011
 

Judged:

5

3

2

"... the tornado does not take that into consideration."

Is Joe suggesting that we get smarter tornado's? I think the tornado's are a product of the Southern school system that G-Dub tried to press on the rest of the nation via No Child Left Behind.
Stalker Loser Identifier

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 27, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lewis Sinclair wrote:
Thankfully, Soucheray wrote this before he was notified of the death of Madame Nhu, otherwise he would miss the deadline as he sits alone in the Big Garage weeping inconsolably into a glass of warm beer.
For those who are too young or have short memories, check Madame Nhu's obiturary. Michelle Bachmann and Michelle Obama? Sarah Palin and Amy Klobuchar? Amateurs! The Dragon Lady was a professional!
And in her time, a pinup girl for good old "Souch".
Stalker Loser.
thinker

Osseo, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 27, 2011
 

Judged:

5

4

2

Finally, someone who has the courage to tell it like it is!! The same applies to flood areas. When are people going to wake up and quit blaming some unknown cause for simple unchangeable acts of nature? Thank you Mr Soucheray!
Danno

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 27, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Thanks for the common sense Joe and not reaching for the standard template climate change vudu, used by the left as a platform to increase taxes and control other people's choices.

“Accept the truth.”

Since: Apr 11

Apple Valley, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 27, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

What this article forgets to mention is that we have media coverage of EVERYTHING. The combo of more population and obesessive media coverage of everything from high profile crimes to somebody picking their nose on a sidewalk has contributed to what appears to be more disasters. The same goes for earthquakes.

If you actually look at real weather data (which for some reason news outlets just fail to do) you will see that nothing we are going through is abnormal when you don't exclude data that does not support an argument that you created yourself.
Big I

Mankato, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 27, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Not only are there more people to witness a tornado but also the technology to detect tornadoes is much better today than it was a decade ago. When we start using better technology and have more observers, the number of recorded tornadoes is going to increase. Joe is right, the idea of global warming/cooling/climate change is irrelevant since there is no demonstrated link between such physical phenomena and the number of tornadoes reported.
IDing Joe Pretending

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 27, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Stalker Loser Identifier wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalker Loser.
Hi Joe!
REAP

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 27, 2011
 

Judged:

1

more proof of global warming
Rob Halford

Fargo, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 27, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Once again Soucheray has a terrific commentary on the usual hysteria that accompanies a change in the weather, even the KFAN morning crew was speculating wildly about tornadoes being the harbinger of climatic DOOM. Then, at the end, he gives an unexpected hat-tip to one of the best early 80's metal bands ... Lewis Sinclair: YOu've got a another thing coming!
ketola

Maple Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 27, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Joe Soucheray, the president of the Flat Earth Society.
Joe Hates Suburbia

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 27, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

Joe hates suburbia. Now we know that Joe is an official anti-sprawl liberal.
Yeah, he claims to be against global warming, but he only mentions it to push the
social programming against suburban development. Go tornados, kill the sprawl.

“Accept the truth.”

Since: Apr 11

Apple Valley, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 27, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Joe Hates Suburbia wrote:
Joe hates suburbia. Now we know that Joe is an official anti-sprawl liberal.
Yeah, he claims to be against global warming, but he only mentions it to push the
social programming against suburban development. Go tornados, kill the sprawl.
Hey Nutjob...This is an article about how there are not really more tornados than there used to be, but only more coverage of them. Anytime you want to join us here in the real world, feel free.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 27, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

thinker wrote:
Finally, someone who has the courage to tell it like it is!! The same applies to flood areas. When are people going to wake up and quit blaming some unknown cause for simple unchangeable acts of nature? Thank you Mr Soucheray!
"According to a Gallup poll conducted in 2010 and released April 22, 2011, residents of the world are more likely to attribute global warming to human activity, rather than nature. When asked specifically about rising temperatures, 35% of adults in 111 countries said warmer temperatures were a result of human activity, while 14% blame nature. Those who faulted both represented 13% of those surveyed.

In the United States, where 4% of those surveyed were unaware of global warming, 34% blame human activity, 47% blame nature, and 14% blame both."

The 47% blaming nature was twice the percentage of any other country. The lack of science literacy in the U.S. is amazing.
pinguin

River Falls, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 27, 2011
 
Soucheray, great as always.
NikFromNYC

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 28, 2011
 
MLPS has one of the three oldest real THERMOMETER records on the planet:

http://i49.tinypic.com/rc93fa.jpg

I know that's difficult to interpret.

I'll help spell it out for you.

THE END IS NIGH!!!

http://oi55.tinypic.com/9q9pfk.jpg
jrc

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 28, 2011
 
Joe can't talk right now. He'll get back to you when he cleans out the crow feathers from his teeth. Ass.
Observer

Centuria, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 28, 2011
 
Today's (28 April 2011) Headline:

"Tornadoes devastate South, killing at least 215"

Way to call 'em Joe.

“Accept the truth.”

Since: Apr 11

Apple Valley, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 28, 2011
 
NikFromNYC wrote:
MLPS has one of the three oldest real THERMOMETER records on the planet:
http://i49.tinypic.com/rc93fa.jpg
I know that's difficult to interpret.
I'll help spell it out for you.
THE END IS NIGH!!!
http://oi55.tinypic.com/9q9pfk.jpg
The world has been around since way before 1820. It is easy to take any graph based on averages and squish it into a way that makes the changes look more dramatic. You don't know that if you were to take those same averages and stretch it out over a far more relevant amount of time that the line would not be straight, or that the actual averege now is lower than it was say 300 years ago. Not to mention that most of you idiots haven't even bothered to factor into your formula that the earth wobbles and does not always orbit on the same exact path. The changes in the distance from the sun and/or how directly the land is facing the sun alone could easily account for a silly 1 degree temperature variation on average.

Your idiot offspring will be around in another 100 years when the earth is cooling by 1 or 2 degrees again and there will be a big global conspiracy over global cooling and how we are too green. Now it will be our fault that polar bears are freezing to death...

Climates will change and the planet will die. There is NOTHING we can do about it.

“Accept the truth.”

Since: Apr 11

Apple Valley, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 28, 2011
 
Braxoz wrote:
<quoted text>
"According to a Gallup poll conducted in 2010 and released April 22, 2011, residents of the world are more likely to attribute global warming to human activity, rather than nature. When asked specifically about rising temperatures, 35% of adults in 111 countries said warmer temperatures were a result of human activity, while 14% blame nature. Those who faulted both represented 13% of those surveyed.
In the United States, where 4% of those surveyed were unaware of global warming, 34% blame human activity, 47% blame nature, and 14% blame both."
The 47% blaming nature was twice the percentage of any other country. The lack of science literacy in the U.S. is amazing.
Who gives a shit what people think? That is not actual scientific data, that is just a poll of people's opinions. I bet if people would stop feeding off of other people's stupidity and actually looked at real data that is very easy to find there would be a whole different set of results.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hugo Discussions

Search the Hugo Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
St. Paul's pothole battle intensifies 4 hr Blue Tool 13
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Apr 12 Weldy 845
Eagle brook is a joke (Dec '11) Apr 2 Anonymous 44
Free Music & Movement class with Music Together Mar '14 Music Together 1
hx of bullying at Mahtomedi schools (Oct '09) Mar '14 cat lover 5
Who do you support for Mayor (Lake St. Croix Be... (Oct '10) Mar '14 a real LSCB resident 87
Men accused of raping 7th-grader in White Bear ... (May '07) Feb '14 Jessica 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hugo Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hugo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••