|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it's ok to break the law. right?
I believe that he was making the point that not all cannabis users are unproductive, unmotivated, unemployed losers. Although they don't usually make it to the "pot rally's" shown on the news (because they are at work), the majority of cannabis users are just your everyday citizen.

I would argue that because neither the extreme "pot-head," nor the prohibitionist represents the majority of citizens, then perhaps prohibition should be re-examined. After all, freedom and liberty does in fact provide the opportunity for citizens to make choices for themselves, that others would not.

Furthermore, the federal laws covering cannabis are shaky at best. The federal government enacted them using the commerce clause, arguing that a plant grown on ones own property (and consumed there) somehow impacted interstate commerce. This is quite a stretch. This same legal argument was just shot down by the supreme court as unconstitutional regarding Obama Care. If the political will was ever available, this federal prohibition would be ended and the legalities of cannabis would be left to the states as the Constitution intended.
Martinez

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

People r gna do it any ways
Ninghlinger

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

How are you going to have it tonight?

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

Last True Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that he was making the point that not all cannabis users are unproductive, unmotivated, unemployed losers. Although they don't usually make it to the "pot rally's" shown on the news (because they are at work), the majority of cannabis users are just your everyday citizen.
I would argue that because neither the extreme "pot-head," nor the prohibitionist represents the majority of citizens, then perhaps prohibition should be re-examined. After all, freedom and liberty does in fact provide the opportunity for citizens to make choices for themselves, that others would not.
Furthermore, the federal laws covering cannabis are shaky at best. The federal government enacted them using the commerce clause, arguing that a plant grown on ones own property (and consumed there) somehow impacted interstate commerce. This is quite a stretch. This same legal argument was just shot down by the supreme court as unconstitutional regarding Obama Care. If the political will was ever available, this federal prohibition would be ended and the legalities of cannabis would be left to the states as the Constitution intended.
no matter how you play it... it's still breaking the law. and as long it is so, those who break it are criminals in the usa. PERIOD.

frankly, I feel like breaking the law sometimes. I feel like clubbing you guys who are into dope. why not? since breaking the law is the trend now. why not?

I'm not hurting anyone except the the dope addicts. right? they are criminals. you could say I'm helping out the cops. and the money I take from them will stop me from having to go to the state for financial assistance.
Shmittystu

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Jimbo wrote:
Im all for it. I smoke it everie hour im awaik. As and offishal i can say i stronglie support it. Vote Scattinni for police cheif there two.
fiting for you!
Jimbo
Its guys like this that give medical marijuana a bad name- learn how to spell! You should put down the pipe and pick up a book once and awhile...
Quotes

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
Bible.

1 Corinthians iii. 6.
Herbs4Life

Lynwood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

Let's end this already. 420 anyone????
rumadyet

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

The Avenger wrote:
Yes, let's legalize it. After all, it is no more dangerous than cigarettes and cigars. If you really think that, I challenge you to a trial. I'll get in my car and you in yours, we'll both chain-smoke as we drive the Freeways fom LAX to Fraser Park. See which one makes it??? Har-Har!
sorry lets change that from cigs to alcohol, you dope. It would ever to be legal to driver under just like anything else that changes behavior, cold meds and pot. You dont know what you are talking about ,
rumadyet

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Police need jobs, what a waste to go after pot farmers, the price is already down so much, i love it, they are going out of business in CA. Make it legal everywhere and control it and see what happens, It wont be cool , allot of people will stop selling because there is no money in it. Make sense!
Quotes

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

For the fashion of this world passeth away,

Bible, 1 Corinthians vii. 31.
SC Resident

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

why smoke pot when i can get smoked out by my neighbors fumes. too bad for me that i have asthma and exposure to any second-hand-smoke makes me stop breathing. why should i vote to make it legal when smokers are so rude other people needs already.
Quotes

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

The first man is of the earth, earthy.

Bible, 1 Corinthians xv. 47.

“The QUEEN BEE has spoken”

Since: Aug 09

Don't get STUNG!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

The majority should overrule this ridiculous law.
Who

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

Mr. D.Issa spends taxpayer dollars on election year politically motivated investigations

Who is there to investigate Mr. D. Issa?
Last True Conservative

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
no matter how you play it... it's still breaking the law. and as long it is so, those who break it are criminals in the usa. PERIOD.
frankly, I feel like breaking the law sometimes. I feel like clubbing you guys who are into dope. why not? since breaking the law is the trend now. why not?
I'm not hurting anyone except the the dope addicts. right? they are criminals. you could say I'm helping out the cops. and the money I take from them will stop me from having to go to the state for financial assistance.
You have missed my point Asian Guy. I know what the laws are, my point is that they are worth revisiting. Let's apply your logic to "The People vs. Hall" (1854). This law ruled that Chinese people could not testify against a white person because there are "a race of people whom nature has marked as inferior, and whom are incapable of progress or intellectual development beyond a certain point...."
Would you argue that any chinese person should be clubbed for attempting to testify? It would be breaking the law...PERIOD. No? They would be criminal right? And besides, with their inferior intellect and whatnot, who cares, we would be helping the cops.
No,

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Gods Property wrote:
The majority should overrule this ridiculous law.
The "majority"???

This has been voted on MANY times, if it was the "majority" we wouldn't be having this discussion.
whythehell

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

is this thread still going on?

Get a life people. The world is till out there.
Psalm

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Judged:

It is as if the dew of Hermon
were falling on Mount Zion.

For there the LORD bestows his blessing,
even life forevermore.

Psalm 133:3 (NIV)
Philemon

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Judged:

Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people.

Philemon 1:7 (NIV)
Tonya Sanchez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Judged:

This is Crazy!!! And... So are all of you pot smokers out there!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 10,301 - 10,320 of15,675
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hopland Discussions

Search the Hopland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Here is one claims Mike Williams is a pedophile 2 hr The right is wrong 10
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 3 hr Coal Hauler 7,327
Correct again moron mickey 4 hr another one 1
Sowing Hatred Bigotry Racism 4 hr Can Not Find One 11
Correct moron mickey 4 hr another one 1
Nobama now wants war with China. 5 hr another one 1
Mickey is so stupid he forgot he was the troll……. 5 hr another one 1
•••
•••