Ex-mayor

Glens Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Just wondering about Hoosick Falls' Hoosapalooza, the town benefit for the local food bank. They had a Fire Department vs. Police Department volley ball game for this charity and only one police officer could show up. Can't these guys support their community that helps pay them?
taxpayer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Not surprising since 3 of the 16 are locals.The rest have to travel from outside the immediate area.
Hf person

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

They are a joke
retired police

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

taxpayer wrote:
Not surprising since 3 of the 16 are locals.The rest have to travel from outside the immediate area.
Well if there were people in the hoosick falls area that could actually pass the test and the academy then the village could hire some local police. But since there is a lack of qualified persons in and around the hoosick falls area this doesn't seem to be possible. Everyone has something to say but not enough guts to do what it takes.
Ex-Mayor

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

retired police wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if there were people in the hoosick falls area that could actually pass the test and the academy then the village could hire some local police. But since there is a lack of qualified persons in and around the hoosick falls area this doesn't seem to be possible. Everyone has something to say but not enough guts to do what it takes.
What sit back on your doughnut filled butt and collect a pension for the rest of your life after 20 yrs
Eddy

Ballston Spa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

I saw that game ... I read that the hoosick falls police department cost 390000 dollars a year.. What's everyone think of the new cop car what a joke why does our little town need a new police car?
O and I have two write an essay for the court so anyone with Officer Ogden horror stories I'd like to hear them so I Can add them to my essay

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hoosick Falls Discussions

Search the Hoosick Falls Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 7 hr tbird Cat Controller 757
Grafton's rotten apple 7 hr WaddleyJo 3
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 8 hr r u crazy 6,377
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Jul 29 Gravity Pete 670
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 28 cornholio 437
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 28 trs 16,778
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Jul 28 land of the slaves 6,371
•••
•••
•••
Hoosick Falls Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hoosick Falls Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••