Robert Honaker

Allen Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

My name is Robert Ward Honaker. I never knew about the city of Honaker. Are all Honakers decendents of the founder of Honaker, Va?
dennis honaker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2006

Robert Honaker wrote:
My name is Robert Ward Honaker. I never knew about the city of Honaker. Are all Honakers decendents of the founder of Honaker, Va?
no, we are decendants of Hans Jacob Honaker (Honegger) Vist the honaker family association for more info
Michael Honaker

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2007

i`am looking for any-one who may have known my grand-mother Nannie Honaker who was married to John Honaker/if you have any information please let me know
Michael Honaker

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2007

Hello my name is mike honaker and i would like to know how life is in honaker? i live in florida and i`am thinking about moving to the area.i would be interested in renting a nice home in honaker or the surrounding area.
Phillip Honaker

Maple Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2007

My name is Phil Honaker and I am from Chicago.
My parents are originally from West Virginia very close to the border with Virginia so I have reason to believe that I am a descendant of Hans Jacob Honegger (Honaker).
My father is deceased and I can only trace my name back to his father Ellis Honaker who died in 1968.
How can I get more information on this?
Frieda Davison

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2007

Michael Honaker wrote:
i`am looking for any-one who may have known my grand-mother Nannie Honaker who was married to John Honaker/if you have any information please let me know
Do you have any more information on them? Dates of birth or death? Brothers or sisters? There are lots of John Honaker's in our database.

Frieda (Editor of "Honaker Family in America" published in 1998)
Frieda Davison

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2007

Phillip Honaker wrote:
My parents are originally from West Virginia very close to the border with Virginia so I have reason to believe that I am a descendant of Hans Jacob Honegger (Honaker).
My father is deceased and I can only trace my name back to his father Ellis Honaker who died in 1968.
We have four Ellis Honaker's that might fit into your timeline. DO you have names of your father's brothers and sisters - that would help us narrow the search.

You can e-mail me direct at dddfmd@msn.com

Frieda
Carrie Yancey

Plymouth, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2007

Ok. My grandma was Emily Jamison (Emma Lee). Her Grandma was Caroline Honaker Hess,daughter of Jacob Honaker and Leah Taylor. I know little before that and quite a bit after. Can you fill me in on the tree?
Shannon Honaker

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2007

My husband is Philip Honaker, and his family is from Honaker, VA. We are trying to find out if he might be a decendant of Hans Jacob Honegger. What is the best way to find out more information about his family? Many of them, including his father, Albert Eugene Honaker, are deceased, so there are not many immediate family members left to ask about his heritage.

Since: Jan 07

St. Augustine, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2007

There was possibly one other Honegger migrant who came to America. He was also a gunmaker, could be a blood relative to Hans Jacob. He signed rifles as "George Honaker. My ancestor was Hans Jacob's son Benjamin, he left Virginia after Hans Jacob died in 1795, and was in St. Mary's, Georgia, by 1798.
Some of you folks still in Virginia should go to the gun shop in Colonial Williamsburg, some early family history is there. Family rifle makers are credited with making some of the first totally American made long rifles rather than using parts imported from Europe and Britain.
Robert Allen Honiker, St. Augustine, Fl

St. Augustine, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2007

Phillip Honaker wrote:
Frederick Honaker moved to the WV pothandle, married Racheal Wiseman, and made rifles with her father, as Honaker and Wiseman, Gunsmiths. I am repeating a lot from memory, health problems have kept me from organizing things.
sam

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

Does anyone know how old or what or where the Honakers orginally originated from?

St. Augustine, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2007

sam wrote:
Does anyone know how old or what or where the Honakers orginally originated from?
Hinwil, Switzerland. It is near Zurich.
sam

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2007

retroretread wrote:
<quoted text>
Hinwil, Switzerland. It is near Zurich.
wow.My grandmother was a Honaker.Thanks for the info.

St. Augustine, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2007

The name comes from the German words for high, and mountain. There are Swiss records dating back to the 1500s.
Carolyn Fuller

Reidsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2007

Michael Honaker wrote:
Hello my name is mike honaker and i would like to know how life is in honaker? i live in florida and i`am thinking about moving to the area.i would be interested in renting a nice home in honaker or the surrounding area.
, Michael , I was born and raised in the drill community, which is a part of Honaker,, It is a very small town. It is a good place to live and bring up your children, but I must warn you, It is a very tight Knit community. My Family still reside there, and I love going home to visit. The mountains there are breath taking. I have a home on Big A Mt. about 5 miles above honaker, going toward haysi.
I would be happy to give you any information you need. You can contact me @ Carolynfuller246@peoplepc.com
Derek

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2007

Michael Honaker wrote:
Michael, I am a proud resident of Honaker. I will have to say that it is a great place to live. I will also warn you life moves very slow here and the surrounding area.
Nancy Honaker Cook

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

Michael Honaker wrote:
My grandmother was Nannie Honaker and was married to John Honaker. Can you give me a little more family history of who you are so I can see if it is the same grandparents.
carl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2007

Judged:

need room and board , need some one to stay and be here i have nurse .will give you 4oo.oo month your our room and food .
carl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2007

Judged:

4oo.oo room and board , need someone to cook one meal a day

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of94
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Honaker Forum right now

Search the Honaker Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
susie hess 22 min just saying 30
Couch Brothers 5 hr wondering 3
Federal Reserve Bank Issues Agreement to New Pe... (Aug '10) 22 hr trader 12
Sarah Ray-Arms Jul 20 anon 2
Taylr Lauren Perkins Jul 20 Hmmmmm 19
Ray's country kitchen Jul 20 kenny ray 43
amanda hart (Oct '09) Jul 19 hmmm 49
•••
•••