10,000 packets of heroin seized in Smithtown drug bust

Nov 21, 2008 Full story: Empire State News 151

SMITHTOWN Suffolk County Police have arrested a Smithtown man and seized approximately 10,000 packets of heroin, more than one kilogram of cocaine, over 100 oxycodone pills and almost one pound of marijuana ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
smithwn resi

Smithtown, NY

#149 Jan 19, 2012
im from smithtown and use to do this "stuff" also. this stuff is killing and ruining lives once you try it, its hard to stop using it. most people just like me started off by using pills then switching to heroin so i do blame the govt. however the people defending this guy saying that if the junkie doesnt get it from anthony they will just get it from somone else. that is a drug addict/ drug dealer mentality. with those 10k packets gone it makes it a little harder for a user to get, and even if it doesnt this guy deserves to be arrested for making money off somone elses desperation. Its sad that so many lives are being ruined over this including mine
Mabey

Aliso Viejo, CA

#150 Jan 20, 2012
Mabey if the youth were allowed to buy beer like we were back in the day and not hassled and harrassed for a little "partying" they wouldent be playing with heroin??

Nobody checks I.D for heroin and young people cant exactly gather and hang out with a few beers at the beach on longisland anymore without a major hassle like we did less than 20 years ago . Lucky to even get on the beach, they are all fenced off like fort knox all over this pathetic island.

All young people should move off longisland asap.
Mabey

Aliso Viejo, CA

#151 Jan 20, 2012
Typical longisland:

Hey look there is some young people having fun, call 911 they have beer and a radio !!!! at the beach oh god no !!

or Those damb kids are riding ATVs or dirt bikes having fun ! call 911 impound there bikes ! fines give them fines ! I cant hear my leaf blower and weed eater when they ride those damb things !

Good job, now they are out of sight with needles in basements !

Great job longisland.
tdeals

Ronkonkoma, NY

#152 Jan 21, 2012
Whitey got 8flat he will be home in like 2 yrs
Smh

Beacon, NY

#153 Jan 23, 2012
If this drug wasnt in the white community " not to sound racist" and the white kids wasn't hook on this drug and it was the other way around do u think the cops would give a fuck about it " NO " they only going hard because a judge child had overdose on this drugs. If it was in a black community no one would care u wouldn't be on this site and the cops wouldn't have they own heroine task force.
fed up mom wrote:
How ignorant you are to think people can't put themselves in the others shoes. If Anthony was selling heroine he broke the law. Its that simple. Obviously our county is allowing heroine to enter our borders and that is a problem in itself. Fortunately for us, our police are able to stop some of the local dealers and try to keep it from our children. Unfortunately I have seen the effects of this drug ruin may young lives in my town. I know way to many kids that got caught up with this drug and are now struggling to keep clean, rehab and treatment centers are full of these same kids. The fact that your friend was a local dealer does give me some hope that there is less of it around here. I' m not ignorant enough to believe that one arrest will stop this epidemic, but with each and every article that hits the newspapers, more and more people become aware of the problem. I don't wish for anyone to get caught up, as you put it, in some shit. Again, I hope Anthony can get his life together and be able to move on from this in a positive way. You need to focus your anger in a more positive direction also, going after people expressing their opinions is hardly the way. You need to put yourself in others shoes, and think about the mothers and fathers that are losing there children every day. Put some energy into that ! I don't think Anthony is the topic here, the topic is heroine, how can you defend that???
TrueReligion7422

Bay Shore, NY

#154 Jul 27, 2012
this idiot salerno j got sentenced to 8 years. he is up in the DOC, Altona. he is a snitch n anyone that has been in the county in the last 2 years knows it. its no coincidence that as soon as "Macho" Rivera's trial wrapped up, salerno was on the first thing smokin upstate.
Killa7

Ronkonkoma, NY

#155 Apr 26, 2013
Realistic you know suicide is an option......for you bitch
Red Skull

Danielson, CT

#156 Apr 28, 2013
Afghan revenge.
Lots of cheap heroin.
There's nothing worse than opioid addiction. It wrecks you and everyone around you.

Ever notice how these wars of empire are usually fought in places that are the source of narcotics? There's a lot of profit in wars and drugs. That's why they happen.
Helmke

Danielson, CT

#157 Apr 28, 2013
Mabey wrote:
Typical longisland:
Hey look there is some young people having fun, call 911 they have beer and a radio !!!! at the beach oh god no !!
or Those damb kids are riding ATVs or dirt bikes having fun ! call 911 impound there bikes ! fines give them fines ! I cant hear my leaf blower and weed eater when they ride those damb things !
Good job, now they are out of sight with needles in basements !
Great job longisland.
Let's not forget constant surveillance from Security cams, computer spying, cellphone gps. Insane amounts of testing at school. Databases being built by god knows who based on every transaction you make, and medical records that are in a cloud somewhere.

Add to this the crippling debt you start with from educational loans; jobs that are difficult to find; low pay and no benefits. Low end jobs are dominated by people who do not belong in this country, but little is done to remove them.

And on top of all that you are now forced to buy health care through taxation. If you don't pay with the money you don't have, men with guns will first intimidate you, then throw you in prison.

If this in summary is a pretext for revolution, remember what occurred in Boston. Martial Law can be rolled out in a matter of hours.

And you wonder why kids turn to heroin?....it's a slow form of suicide.
Scales of Justice

Smithtown, NY

#158 Apr 29, 2013
Salerno got 10 years as part of a plea bargain, where he agreed to offer testimony against his "boss" Gilberto "Macho" Rivera. Rivera was sentenced to 25 years to life.
Mike

Hawley, PA

#159 Jan 31, 2014
Wow all the hostility in here, I knew Anthony for Years, and you people do not know wtf yall talking about. He is a good friend to me as well. We all Hustled together. Couldn't get jobs so how else we paying our ways in Life. The government sells drugs to go yell at them, call them what you want to. Drugs will NEVER STOP being sold. EVER i dont know why people think that the streets of Long island is cleaner they will never be EVER. There will always be dealers to feed your kids family friends drugs Anthony got caught he did his time and now he knows better. You guys make him out to be this big dirt bag, I was a drug dealer as well i got caught finally Did my time and never been in trouble again, all of us who either use drugs or sell them need help. So excuse me for saying my two sense but A drug addict will always FIND a way to get drugs from some where. If your Loved one is doing drugs and your dumb ass knows about it and you do nothing your the one who is as fault. and to that Child who keeps saying supply the KY bullshi* prison isn't even like what yall make it out to be, Prison was a cake walk. I got big as hell ate right And gotten smarter, While your kids were still Getting Smack on the street while you sat back and watched. Now quit putting the blame on Dealers, when in fact if you looked out for your own family of addicts you wouldn't even had us dealers out there in the streets. Repping bayshore 1

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holtsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min THE SOUND OF THE ... 119,221
Louis Volpe Mon His mom 6
How cold is it Sun ExLIer 4
Islip Tax Hike Nov 20 EJP 1
Adopting older kids: heavenly (Dec '06) Nov 19 edlacinski 4
in Port Jefferson, plan is to add GPS to public... Nov 18 Caring Tax Payer 1
Port Jefferson hopes to close deal to buy harbo... Nov 18 Caring Tax Payer 1

Holtsville News Video

Holtsville Dating
Find my Match

Holtsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Holtsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Holtsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:12 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:12AM
Vick's Bro Won't Defend Him Anymore
Bleacher Report 9:16 AM
Bills Will Play Browns in Buffalo Sun.
NBC Sports12:02 PM
Report: Michael Vick the choice to start if he's healthy
Bleacher Report12:50 PM
Cowboys Defense Finally Beginning to Slip Up?
NBC Sports 1:21 PM
Bills back to normal after finally returning home - NBC Sports