Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,964
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Frijoles

Meriden, CT

#38839 Jul 30, 2012
No ‘buyer’s remorse’ for voting for Obama
By ALAN M. DERSHOWITZ
http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-EdContributor...
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#38840 Jul 30, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you might not be an Obama hater but you already demonstrated your ignorance (twice)of the health care issue. If you dont understand it, than there is no reason to comment on it.
Re:Nobel Prize -
Us Americans did not give him the prize. Obama himself basically admitted he was not a proper candidate (he was profoundly embarrassed by the episode and tried to downplay it when it happened)
If you have an issue with the prize process, take it up with the Norweigans, not us.
Yasir Arafat also received the prize, by the way. Might as well give it to Bashar Al Assad or Sadaam Hussein. The brand was damaged far before Obama came on the scene.
rabbee: i wished the would quit trying to be subtle, and just give it to freddy kruger, ivan the terrible or jack the ripper. either that, or just rename it the clinton piece prize.
Voluntarist

United States

#38841 Jul 30, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
who is paying for them now? When an illegal goes into the ER, are they turned away?
Why would this be an issue of concern for you?
Question with a question.

So what is the answer?

How is the hospital going to know the status of a patient? Are they going to ask?

Tax payers are going to be assessed penalties but illegals obviously have no penalty.
Voluntarist

United States

#38842 Jul 30, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way people are forced thru threat, duress, and coercion to pay taxes. Life is tough here.
You are on the fringes, politically. Dont worry, you can always run to Mexico for your better life.
Sounds like a free country, is there any limit?
Voluntarist

United States

#38843 Jul 30, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats not what I said.
I said most people dont want it repealed. Everyone knows that Obamacare is not perfect. But most are willing to work with it rather than go back to the old system.
ALso, when you look deeer into the polls that say 45%(as an example) of the population does not like Obmacare, that group splits into the those who are truely are against the health care concept, AND those who think Obamacare didnt go FAR enough. When you add the latter group with the people who want Obamacare, what you get is the ACTUAL proportion of people who want new Health Care, regardless of politics or labels. That is the key number to look at.
No, this is what you said;
"the majority of the population
want it and have moved way ahead"

I remember the statistics when the bill was being voted on and it was upwards of 60% against it.
Just like the bail out was 90% opposed.

Is that what you call consent of the governed?
Voluntarist

United States

#38844 Jul 30, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
ask your insurance agent.
WOud you rather we went back to the old system where you couldnt get insurance at all b/c of a preexisting condition?
The statement then is moot if there is no cap then that person still couldn't get insurance because it will not be affordable
Voluntarist

United States

#38845 Jul 30, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
As an outsider I should not worry about the nuts and bolts of so called Obama care policy.
I just said that it is one of those politician’s schemes that look very promising on the outset and have lots of public appeal and when fully implemented cause more damage than good to the society.
Already some questions are being raised on this thread by people who are involved with it.
If Obama can pull wool over the eyes of people on wins re-election on the issue of Obama Care, it would once again show how gullible the US voters are and how easy it is to fool them.
By the way what happened to the Nobel Peace prize he was awarded at the beginning of his Presidency? Was it not a waste of perfectly good Medal?
There was no follow up on that medal. Next time a Hispanic or an Asian becomes US President, they also would have one Nobel Peace Prize for the asking!!
PS:
I am not a Obama Hater, I just comment on how gullible the US voters are and how short is there memories.
They are like little children, which are satisfied with toys that make lot of noise and sound when moved.!!
The insurance companies wrote the bill enough said.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#38846 Jul 30, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Question with a question.
So what is the answer?
How is the hospital going to know the status of a patient? Are they going to ask?
Tax payers are going to be assessed penalties but illegals obviously have no penalty.
You're mixing two different problems.

1. Inadequate healthcare for a segment of the legal population

2. Illegal Immigration and the cost to our society (healthcare, education, taxes, etc.)

Obamacare's scope is point 1 only.

For sure, illegal immigration needs to be dealt with, but it's not the job of the healthcare bill to do it. Only illegal immigration enforcement will solve that problem.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#38847 Jul 30, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
2. Illegal Immigration and the cost to our society (healthcare, education, taxes, etc.)
For sure, illegal immigration needs to be dealt with, but it's not the job of the healthcare bill to do it. Only illegal immigration enforcement will solve that problem.
rabbee: well the united states, is already the only social security system mexico has. and unless they live in texas or arizona, there already getting free health care, even before obama pretends to care for your health.

we actually invited them here, when we declared spanish as second language. and offering them free health care, is not about to stop them from coming over either.

and guess what, the same person offering them social security and free health care. is the same irresponsible person, who has done nothing to stop them from illegal entry. no doubt about it, G-D is really getting more pissed at this nation.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#38848 Jul 30, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: and so it is all, the same problem. since we have all really, pissed G-D off dramaticly. with G-D now beguinning the process, of dissasymbling our self destroying nation.

even the cancer plague, has risen from about 1 in 10,000 to about one in every four or five. don't sound like, medical health care progress to me. and free health antiG-D health care, is only going to make it worse.
Voluntarist

United States

#38849 Jul 30, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
No i only made 1 point.

So what is to stop me from not paying for emergency care and remaining a non-tax payer just like an illegal?
Voluntarist

United States

#38850 Jul 30, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: and so it is all, the same problem. since we have all really, pissed G-D off dramaticly. with G-D now beguinning the process, of dissasymbling our self destroying nation.
even the cancer plague, has risen from about 1 in 10,000 to about one in every four or five. don't sound like, medical health care progress to me. and free health antiG-D health care, is only going to make it worse.
Good point, treament is much more profitable than curing and that isnt going to.change with the government takingover healthcare.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#38851 Jul 30, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point, treament is much more profitable than curing and that isnt going to.change with the government takingover healthcare.
rabbee: it's the same old, family hero health care scam. where the devil that is responsible, for giving you, pestilence, plage and famine. ruses to your caring aid, with a treatment to keep his his vacation home in the bahamas.

why give to them the cure for the disease, when i can get richer treating thier simptoms of G-Dlessness? not like your going to hear a doctor say, man you should of believed in G-D before you got this.

Location hidden

#38852 Jul 30, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
No i only made 1 point.
So what is to stop me from not paying for emergency care and remaining a non-tax payer just like an illegal?
The same thing that stops you from walking out of an auto service station and not paying your bill. The hospital is required by law to serve you. They are not required by law from letting you get away with it for free.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#38853 Jul 30, 2012
what i hate about, the obama health care plan. is that it is idolitry, destined to give you all worse health.

want to know why, american health is going down the tubes? take a look at the antiG-D government, of your own choice. and my mother was wise, when she told me to never take candy from the best or the worst looking strangers.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#38854 Jul 30, 2012
leave it to the wicked and evil government, to find a way to tax your bad health for disbelief in G-D, that they gave to you.

Location hidden

#38855 Jul 30, 2012
what i hate about, the obama health care plan. is that it is idolitry, destined to give you all worse health.
want to know why, american health is going down the tubes? take a look at the antiG-D government, of your own choice. and my mother was wise, when she told me to never take candy from the best or the worst looking strangers.
The government shouldn't be anti-god any more than they should be pro-god. Would you rather we live in a theocracy?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#38856 Jul 30, 2012
now why would this, government against G-D. want any of you or your kids with G-D? when you are sooo much more, gulible without G-D.

Location hidden

#38857 Jul 30, 2012
now why would this, government against G-D. want any of you or your kids with G-D? when you are sooo much more, gulible without G-D.
Tell that to the sheeple.
Frijoles

Meriden, CT

#38858 Jul 30, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this is what you said;
"the majority of the population
want it and have moved way ahead"
I remember the statistics when the bill was being voted on and it was upwards of 60% against it.
Just like the bail out was 90% opposed.
Is that what you call consent of the governed?
You just made the same mistake (second time) after I even corrected you the first time.

60% against OBAMACARE but if you parse the numbers they are not against health care....the majority of the population wants better health care.

By the way your stats on the bail out is wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hollywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min OBAMA the GENIUS 1,124,646
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 min Pearl Jam 306,209
Help 1 hr Joey 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr grave digger 47,478
Locker room 1 hr Joey 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 68,635
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 19 hr VeganTiger 54,518
Hollywood Dating
Find my Match

Hollywood Jobs

Hollywood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hollywood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hollywood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]