Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 1,791)

Showing posts 35,801 - 35,820 of65,059
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Voluntarist

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38826
Jul 29, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I probably shouldnt waste too much time educating you about our health care, but in small chance I can prevent another misinformed opinion from yours truely I will indulge....
1. ObamaCare is ALREADY being implemented.
2. Talk about repeal is just political posturing. There is NOONE other than Sarah Palin who really wants its repealed
3. Those who have pre-existing medical conditions now can NOT be denied insurance
4. Kids get to stay on the parents insurance in their 20s now (while they look for jobs)
5. Soon everyone will be able to purchase some type of insurance, not just people who have jobs
6. everyone knows it is not perfect - we all expect some adjustments thru Congress over the next few years
7. Health care is just like Gay marriage and Gays in the military. Frankly it doesnt matter at this point WHAT the politicians think about it, the majority of the population want it and have moved way ahead of the political debate. The same thing happened on the issue of Gay Marriage here. The debate is really a dinosaur.
8. Even if it WAS repealed, it wouldnt matter at this point. Because the debate already served its purpose. The insurance companies realized the existing system doesnt work and they are now going to change regardless of whether the Obamacare laws are repealed or not.
Number 7 and 8 are perhaps the most important points.
Also, soon everyone will be forced through threat, duress and coercion to purchase insurance.

Also can you please provide some proof that most people wanted it?
Voluntarist

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38827
Jul 29, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that they play "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" on Saudi TV?
Saudi supposedly has universal health care - but to all CITIZENS. But guest workers like MUQI-monster have to rely on their host companies to provide them coverage. If you work for a large company you are probably well positioned. But if you are a foreign domestic (i.e. household slave) than you are probably toast.
And who is going to pay for the illegal aliens under obamacare?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38831
Jul 29, 2012
 
stopcrying wrote:
Stop crying about how people treat you badly. Many people have been treated poorly. Pick up your pieces and move on. Why is it that religiously affiliated people tend to complain a lot? How many wars is religious belief responsible for? Enough already.
rabbee: the exact same amount of hell and death, as you are also guilty of. for your opposing religion against, has done no better.
Frijoles

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38832
Jul 30, 2012
 
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
And who is going to pay for the illegal aliens under obamacare?
who is paying for them now? When an illegal goes into the ER, are they turned away?

Why would this be an issue of concern for you?
Frijoles

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38833
Jul 30, 2012
 
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, soon everyone will be forced through threat, duress and coercion to purchase insurance.
Also can you please provide some proof that most people wanted it?
The same way people are forced thru threat, duress, and coercion to pay taxes. Life is tough here.

You are on the fringes, politically. Dont worry, you can always run to Mexico for your better life.
Frijoles

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38834
Jul 30, 2012
 
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Also can you please provide some proof that most people wanted it?
Thats not what I said.

I said most people dont want it repealed. Everyone knows that Obamacare is not perfect. But most are willing to work with it rather than go back to the old system.

ALso, when you look deeer into the polls that say 45%(as an example) of the population does not like Obmacare, that group splits into the those who are truely are against the health care concept, AND those who think Obamacare didnt go FAR enough. When you add the latter group with the people who want Obamacare, what you get is the ACTUAL proportion of people who want new Health Care, regardless of politics or labels. That is the key number to look at.
Frijoles

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38835
Jul 30, 2012
 
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to address your point #3, if someone can't be turned down for insurance is there a cap on what they can be charged?
ask your insurance agent.

WOud you rather we went back to the old system where you couldnt get insurance at all b/c of a preexisting condition?
Frijoles

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38836
Jul 30, 2012
 
I noticed Muqi-Monster is being strangely silent. I guess life must be perfect in Saudi Arabia for him.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38837
Jul 30, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
I probably shouldn’t waste too much time educating you about our health care, but in small chance I can prevent another misinformed opinion from yours truly I will indulge....

1. Obama Care is ALREADY being implemented.

2. Talk about repeal is just political posturing. There is NO ONE other than Sarah Palin who really wants its repealed

3. Those who have pre-existing medical conditions now can NOT be denied insurance

4. Kids get to stay on the parents insurance in their 20s now (while they look for jobs)

5. Soon everyone will be able to purchase some type of insurance, not just people who have jobs

6. Everyone knows it is not perfect - we all expect some adjustments thru Congress over the next few years

7. Health care is just like Gay marriage and Gays in the military. Frankly it doesn’t matter at this point WHAT the politicians think about it, the majority of the population want it and have moved way ahead of the political debate. The same thing happened on the issue of Gay Marriage here. The debate is really a dinosaur.

8. Even if it WAS repealed, it wouldn’t matter at this point. Because the debate already served its purpose. The insurance companies realized the existing system doesn’t work and they are now going to change regardless of whether the Obama care laws are repealed or not.

Number 7 and 8 are perhaps the most important points.
Ans.

As an outsider I should not worry about the nuts and bolts of so called Obama care policy.

I just said that it is one of those politician’s schemes that look very promising on the outset and have lots of public appeal and when fully implemented cause more damage than good to the society.

Already some questions are being raised on this thread by people who are involved with it.

If Obama can pull wool over the eyes of people on wins re-election on the issue of Obama Care, it would once again show how gullible the US voters are and how easy it is to fool them.

By the way what happened to the Nobel Peace prize he was awarded at the beginning of his Presidency? Was it not a waste of perfectly good Medal?

There was no follow up on that medal. Next time a Hispanic or an Asian becomes US President, they also would have one Nobel Peace Prize for the asking!!

PS:

I am not a Obama Hater, I just comment on how gullible the US voters are and how short is there memories.

They are like little children, which are satisfied with toys that make lot of noise and sound when moved.!!
Frijoles

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38838
Jul 30, 2012
 
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
As an outsider I should not worry about the nuts and bolts of so called Obama care policy.
I just said that it is one of those politician’s schemes that look very promising on the outset and have lots of public appeal and when fully implemented cause more damage than good to the society.
Already some questions are being raised on this thread by people who are involved with it.
If Obama can pull wool over the eyes of people on wins re-election on the issue of Obama Care, it would once again show how gullible the US voters are and how easy it is to fool them.
By the way what happened to the Nobel Peace prize he was awarded at the beginning of his Presidency? Was it not a waste of perfectly good Medal?
There was no follow up on that medal. Next time a Hispanic or an Asian becomes US President, they also would have one Nobel Peace Prize for the asking!!
PS:
I am not a Obama Hater, I just comment on how gullible the US voters are and how short is there memories.
They are like little children, which are satisfied with toys that make lot of noise and sound when moved.!!
Well, you might not be an Obama hater but you already demonstrated your ignorance (twice)of the health care issue. If you dont understand it, than there is no reason to comment on it.

Re:Nobel Prize -
Us Americans did not give him the prize. Obama himself basically admitted he was not a proper candidate (he was profoundly embarrassed by the episode and tried to downplay it when it happened)

If you have an issue with the prize process, take it up with the Norweigans, not us.

Yasir Arafat also received the prize, by the way. Might as well give it to Bashar Al Assad or Sadaam Hussein. The brand was damaged far before Obama came on the scene.

Frijoles

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38839
Jul 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

No ‘buyer’s remorse’ for voting for Obama
By ALAN M. DERSHOWITZ
http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-EdContributor...
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38840
Jul 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you might not be an Obama hater but you already demonstrated your ignorance (twice)of the health care issue. If you dont understand it, than there is no reason to comment on it.
Re:Nobel Prize -
Us Americans did not give him the prize. Obama himself basically admitted he was not a proper candidate (he was profoundly embarrassed by the episode and tried to downplay it when it happened)
If you have an issue with the prize process, take it up with the Norweigans, not us.
Yasir Arafat also received the prize, by the way. Might as well give it to Bashar Al Assad or Sadaam Hussein. The brand was damaged far before Obama came on the scene.
rabbee: i wished the would quit trying to be subtle, and just give it to freddy kruger, ivan the terrible or jack the ripper. either that, or just rename it the clinton piece prize.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38841
Jul 30, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
who is paying for them now? When an illegal goes into the ER, are they turned away?
Why would this be an issue of concern for you?
Question with a question.

So what is the answer?

How is the hospital going to know the status of a patient? Are they going to ask?

Tax payers are going to be assessed penalties but illegals obviously have no penalty.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38842
Jul 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way people are forced thru threat, duress, and coercion to pay taxes. Life is tough here.
You are on the fringes, politically. Dont worry, you can always run to Mexico for your better life.
Sounds like a free country, is there any limit?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38843
Jul 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats not what I said.
I said most people dont want it repealed. Everyone knows that Obamacare is not perfect. But most are willing to work with it rather than go back to the old system.
ALso, when you look deeer into the polls that say 45%(as an example) of the population does not like Obmacare, that group splits into the those who are truely are against the health care concept, AND those who think Obamacare didnt go FAR enough. When you add the latter group with the people who want Obamacare, what you get is the ACTUAL proportion of people who want new Health Care, regardless of politics or labels. That is the key number to look at.
No, this is what you said;
"the majority of the population
want it and have moved way ahead"

I remember the statistics when the bill was being voted on and it was upwards of 60% against it.
Just like the bail out was 90% opposed.

Is that what you call consent of the governed?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38844
Jul 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
ask your insurance agent.
WOud you rather we went back to the old system where you couldnt get insurance at all b/c of a preexisting condition?
The statement then is moot if there is no cap then that person still couldn't get insurance because it will not be affordable
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38845
Jul 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
As an outsider I should not worry about the nuts and bolts of so called Obama care policy.
I just said that it is one of those politician’s schemes that look very promising on the outset and have lots of public appeal and when fully implemented cause more damage than good to the society.
Already some questions are being raised on this thread by people who are involved with it.
If Obama can pull wool over the eyes of people on wins re-election on the issue of Obama Care, it would once again show how gullible the US voters are and how easy it is to fool them.
By the way what happened to the Nobel Peace prize he was awarded at the beginning of his Presidency? Was it not a waste of perfectly good Medal?
There was no follow up on that medal. Next time a Hispanic or an Asian becomes US President, they also would have one Nobel Peace Prize for the asking!!
PS:
I am not a Obama Hater, I just comment on how gullible the US voters are and how short is there memories.
They are like little children, which are satisfied with toys that make lot of noise and sound when moved.!!
The insurance companies wrote the bill enough said.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38846
Jul 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Question with a question.
So what is the answer?
How is the hospital going to know the status of a patient? Are they going to ask?
Tax payers are going to be assessed penalties but illegals obviously have no penalty.
You're mixing two different problems.

1. Inadequate healthcare for a segment of the legal population

2. Illegal Immigration and the cost to our society (healthcare, education, taxes, etc.)

Obamacare's scope is point 1 only.

For sure, illegal immigration needs to be dealt with, but it's not the job of the healthcare bill to do it. Only illegal immigration enforcement will solve that problem.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38847
Jul 30, 2012
 
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
You're mixing two different problems.
1. Inadequate healthcare for a segment of the legal population
2. Illegal Immigration and the cost to our society (healthcare, education, taxes, etc.)
Obamacare's scope is point 1 only.
For sure, illegal immigration needs to be dealt with, but it's not the job of the healthcare bill to do it. Only illegal immigration enforcement will solve that problem.
rabbee: well the united states, is already the only social security system mexico has. and unless they live in texas or arizona, there already getting free health care, even before obama pretends to care for your health.

we actually invited them here, when we declared spanish as second language. and offering them free health care, is not about to stop them from coming over either.

and guess what, the same person offering them social security and free health care. is the same irresponsible person, who has done nothing to stop them from illegal entry. no doubt about it, G-D is really getting more pissed at this nation.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38848
Jul 30, 2012
 
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
You're mixing two different problems.
1. Inadequate healthcare for a segment of the legal population
2. Illegal Immigration and the cost to our society (healthcare, education, taxes, etc.)
Obamacare's scope is point 1 only.
For sure, illegal immigration needs to be dealt with, but it's not the job of the healthcare bill to do it. Only illegal immigration enforcement will solve that problem.
rabbee: and so it is all, the same problem. since we have all really, pissed G-D off dramaticly. with G-D now beguinning the process, of dissasymbling our self destroying nation.

even the cancer plague, has risen from about 1 in 10,000 to about one in every four or five. don't sound like, medical health care progress to me. and free health antiG-D health care, is only going to make it worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 35,801 - 35,820 of65,059
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Hollywood Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hollywood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••