Holley High School on lockdown

Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester, NY

According to Holley School Superintendent Robert D'Angelo, a male student made a threatening statement to a Holley High School administrator at the high school on Friday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Disgusted Parent

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2007

I am the mother of several Holley Students. When I dropped our kids off at school today (8:30 A.M.) the school was not in lock down. Everyone was coming and going as always. On my way out my daughter was posted outside the front of the building for safety patrol. I would love to know why they felt it was okay to allow any students to stand outside the building if there was a serious threat to their safety. I know I will be questioning them about how safe the school truely was today and why my child was put in that postion, and I hope other parents do too.
Holley Parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

I agree. I didn't know the school was in lockdown until my kids told me on the way home (and my sister called me from Williamson, she heard it on the news). It seems that this was an advance threat. In cases like this parents need to be notified in ADVANCE to assist in the safety of our children. If the threat was credible enough to cause a lockdown, then it was credible enough to notify parents.
Tom

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

I have friends that live in the Holley School district and according to them this is,unfortunately,indicative of the leadership problems from the superintendant to the school board.I would hope that parents band together and demand answers from the School Board.After all they set school policy and obviously are not following these policies.
kevin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2008

hey i went to holley school acouple years ago.i found out if you want a good education holley isnt the school for it.i moved from germany to watertown where my dad retired thus moving to holley his home town. my first 2 months of holley i was in I.S.S. and Mr.Light called me a german "faggot" so i flipped out and many student heard it uncluding my brother i was supspended for acting out and yet there was never a proper investigation tooken place. recently after 2 years of not attending school and recieving my G.E.D. i was asked to go to the winterball with a friend and as she was going to pay for my ticket she was told i was not allowed to be brought to the dance. holley has ignorant teachers such as Ms. Menga/Corey.im telling you take your kids out of there if you want them to be safe.they dont take proper action, they believe anything and if an inccodent happens they dont look for evidence just someone to point the blame on....
Parent

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2008

To person above,
Considering all other options in Western NY, believe me, as a mother of 3, Holley is a much better choice than any city school and even some surrounding schools. I went to Churchville-Chili and would NEVER allow my children to go to that school. While the education is top-notch, the students that are being allowed into the Suburban schools like Churchville, make it an unsafe and unhappy place to be for many kids.
There are bad teachers every where you go. In my opinion, Holley is a pretty good choice.
cabbage patch

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2008

churchville has bad schools ,can you elaborate bronx?? I am thinking about moving to that area soon .No way am i going to send any of my children to any city school... give me some specific examples if you could please .. thanks

“You! What planet is this?”

Since: Apr 08

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2008

I'm down the road from Holley and I never heard about this happening. It seems like the lines of communication are in bad shape :(

My kids went to Brockport and I have nothing but good things to say about the school district. From the teachers to the administration to the wrestling coaches, I like the system here.
Crazy Man914

Pittsford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

i heard that is was a boy named jesse rose but he has been booted from holley and now has a tutor he seems to be agood kid besides this threat and he used to smoke marjuana but he is turning his life around... and for ur information many actions were taken and the threat was to someone in the high school so if ur child was outside doing safety patrol or whatever they were safe cause that was the holley elementary.. the people at this school arent dumb and either are the teachers most of them are responsible and wouldnt do anything tio ahrm a child... during this lockdown we locked all doors in the building and shut all the windows we were all stuck in a room until told it was safe so if u want to talk sht a bout a school make sure it isnt holley because everyone there is caring and wouldnt let any child get harmed under there watch
elliot

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

I think the HSD is one of the mostover taxed underperforming schools in Western NY. Most of the teachers are overpaid and could care less about the district. It's all about a paycheck.The School board is a circus made up of clones. A rubber stamp board at best.The security is pretty much non-existent as you can gather from the previous comments.The leadership and school board need an overhaul.
Robert

Newark, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

I have known some people that have had kids in the Holley School District over the years. The sad thing is that for whatever reason the farther one gets from the suburbs into rural areas the worse the school systems tend to be. I like the Holley area but I could never move there because it's an obvious sub-par school district. When people become young adults you can really tell if they have came from a sub-par school district. It's too bad. People out there deserve a good school system just as much as people in Brighton. Unfortunately that isn't the case. They aren't the only sub-par school district out that way either. I'm not sure if it's a problem of retaining the teachers they have, attracting good teachers, or poor administration. Parents and taxpayers also should demand the most out of their school district.
elliot

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

i heard that is was a boy named jesse rose but he has been booted from holley and now has a tutor he seems to be agood kid besides this threat and he used to smoke marjuana but he is turning his life around... and for ur information many actions were taken and the threat was to someone in the high school so if ur child was outside doing safety patrol or whatever they were safe cause that was the holley elementary.. the people at this school arent dumb and either are the teachers most of them are responsible and wouldnt do anything tio ahrm a child... during this lockdown we locked all doors in the building and shut all the windows we were all stuck in a room until told it was safe so if u want to talk sht a bout a school make sure it isnt holley because everyone there is caring and wouldnt let any child get harmed under there watch

Crazyman must of went to school in Holley. He must of never heard of spellcheck.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Holley Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Holley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance